PDA

View Full Version : Old Poosay

Pieces Hit
8/25/2008, 01:25 PM
Hi says I ~ Someone say hi!

Cher 'to play Catwoman' in next Batman film
Cher has been lined up to star in the next Batman movie, it has been claimed.

By Jessica Salter
Last Updated: 6:46PM BST 24 Aug 2008

Cher is said to be director Christopher Nolan's first choice for the role Photo: STEPHEN LOCK The 62-year-old singer and actress is reported to be in talks to play Catwoman opposite Christian Bale in the third Batman film from British director Christopher Nolan.

The Oscar-winner will join a cast that includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler as she plays the whip-carrying burglar. The character has also been played by Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry.

A studio executive said: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.

"The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."

Filming of the new Batman instalment, provisionally entitled The Caped Crusader, is due to begin in Vancouver early next year.

The Dark Knight, this summer's blockbuster, has become the most successful of the Batman movies. Warner Bros expects the film to make about $530m.

It stars the late Heath Ledger, who was found dead in his Manhattan apartment after taking an accidental drugs overdose. His performance as The Joker is widely expected to garner an Oscar nomination.

Cher's recent acting performances have included Tea with Mussolini in 1999 and Stuck on You, in 2003 in which she played herself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2612613/Cher-to-play-Catwoman-in-next-Batman-film.html

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 04:04 PM
The term "jumped the shark" comes to mind.

JohnnyMack
8/25/2008, 04:05 PM
Out.

bri
8/25/2008, 04:07 PM
Stories like this are why I adore FilmDrunk:

British journalists today proved once again the extraordinary lengths they'll go to prove that they do not give a f*ck. Via The Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2612613/Cher-%20to-play-Catwoman-in-next-Batman-film.html):

[Headline] Cher 'to play Catwoman' in next Batman film
[Subheadline] Cher has been lined up to star in the next Batman movie, it has been claimed.
The 62-year-old singer and actress is reported to be in talks to play Catwoman opposite Christian Bale in the third Batman film from British director Christopher Nolan. The Oscar-winner will join a cast that includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler as she plays the whip-carrying burglar.
Just so we're clear, none of that is remotely true. It was only ten days ago that Variety reported WB had made Chris Nolan an offer, and there's still no word on whether he's accepted. Nonetheless:

A studio executive said: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.
Filming of the new Batman instalment, provisionally entitled The Caped Crusader, is due to begin in Vancouver early next year.
"The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."
That's right, Cher's Catwoman will include far more barking and sh*tting. "Chris Nolan is really intrigued by the grown-woman-shi*ting-in-a-litter-box angle, and was surprised no one had explored that yet," said the source, "He chose Cher because Cher is old, and old people have less dignity."

Howzit
8/25/2008, 04:09 PM
IBOCCR

in before obligatory Catwoman cougar remark

KC//CRIMSON
8/25/2008, 04:14 PM
Christopher Nolan has figured out how to win back the super-gay stereotype demographic that he lost when he took the nipples off the Batsuit: cast Cher as Catwoman. That sounds real. From the ever-reputable Telegraph celebrity news column, compliments of Dano:

The 62-year-old singer and actress is reported to be in talks to play Catwoman opposite Christian Bale in the third Batman film from British director Christopher Nolan.

The Oscar-winner will join a cast that includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler as she plays the whip-carrying burglar. The character has also been played by Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry.

So there you have it. Cher is definitely Catwoman, joining Johnny Depp, who is without-a-doubt Riddler, in the new Batman, which surely has the working title of The Caped Crusader. Those are new facts to add to the part of your brain that stores absolute truth.

soonerinabilene
8/25/2008, 04:26 PM
I would actually be up for Johnny Depp doing The Riddler. That would be a good fit.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/25/2008, 04:45 PM
madonna and cher should go hide in a corner together

bri
8/25/2008, 04:47 PM
Madonna could hide in Cher's corner. All the weight that Midge has lost over the years has made its way to Cher. :eek:

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2008, 04:49 PM
I would actually be up for Johnny Depp doing The Riddler. That would be a good fit.

I thought so as well.

StoopTroup
8/25/2008, 04:53 PM
I can' wait to hear Christian singing "I got you babe" with Cher.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 05:27 PM
You all know you'd go if she wore this:
5G4O5AMSevc

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 05:29 PM
*urp*

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 05:30 PM
*cack*

StoopTroup
8/25/2008, 05:39 PM
I don't think she should wear that stuff she wore 20 years ago SSC.

They want people to actually see the movie.

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 05:40 PM
Don't bother him. He's taking a moment for himself.

Pieces Hit
8/26/2008, 08:32 AM
okay then - no hi for yawl neither. :)(