PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Depth Chart

KingDavid
8/25/2008, 01:09 PM
Depth Chart. (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html)

A few observations:

Adrian Taylor starting in front of Granger!
Cheney wins the battle for #3 Receiver (for now).
Ryan Broyles starting at PR. (Not a huge surprise; but interesting given Stoops unwillingness to have a noob in that critical role. I can't wait to see this kid in this role. We haven't had someone to "shake and bake" on the punt return team since The Blessed Antonio Perkins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aec7o1u8tNY)."
John Williams not even in the two deep at DE. Beaten out by Alan Davis and Frank Alexander. I think it must be due to health - he must have lost a step in everything he's gone through. I'll bet he's an incredible Player-Coach though. I hope, for all he's been through, that he can get himself in position for some good playing time this year.
Alex Williams listed as #2 Guard. I thought Steven Good would be there based on all that the Coaches have been saying.
Other thoughts?

JLEW1818
8/25/2008, 01:50 PM
I like that we have a couple experienced backup offensive lineman, who are not seniors.

allentxsooner
8/25/2008, 01:51 PM
How can Nic Harris be the ss and the nb? I personally cant wait to see Broyles on the field

JLEW1818
8/25/2008, 01:51 PM
What happened to Box ... did he get hurt?

JLEW1818
8/25/2008, 01:52 PM
How can Nic Harris be the ss and the nb? I personally cant wait to see Broyles on the field

When ever we are running the nickel.

Who the hell is Dominique Franks ???? muahahahha!!!!

illinisooner
8/25/2008, 02:50 PM
As much praise as the coaches heap on Good, they might want to redshirt him this year...ya know, since we have five senior starters and all that.

stoopified
8/25/2008, 03:01 PM
As much praise as the coaches heap on Good, they might want to redshirt him this year...ya know, since we have five senior starters and all that.IF he is that GOOD(pun intended) it screams for him to play this year BECAUSE we have five senior statrters.Currently we only have Simmons and T.Williams as non senior OL with signifigant PT.I know I would feel better about next year's OL if we had 3-5 experienced backups coming back as building blocks for the '09 OL.

KingDavid
8/25/2008, 05:42 PM
IF he is that GOOD(pun intended) it screams for him to play this year BECAUSE we have five senior statrters.Currently we only have Simmons and T.Williams as non senior OL with signifigant PT.I know I would feel better about next year's OL if we had 3-5 experienced backups coming back as building blocks for the '09 OL.

I agree.

yermom
8/25/2008, 06:01 PM
Granger is probably just being put in his place for the dumb **** he did before the bowl game

JLEW1818
8/25/2008, 06:04 PM
Granger is probably just being put in his place for the dumb **** he did before the bowl game

yep

goingoneight
8/25/2008, 09:13 PM
Granger was decent at times, but honestly... I don't think he was just heads and heels better than everyone else on the rotation. He'll still play, but you have to earn and deserve the starting role... maybe he hasn't earned it in his coaches' eyes yet.

tulsaoilerfan
8/25/2008, 09:18 PM
I think Granger has had a bad back also that has slowed him down this fall

Curly Bill
8/25/2008, 09:28 PM
As much praise as the coaches heap on Good, they might want to redshirt him this year...ya know, since we have five senior starters and all that.

If Good's as good as advertised might as well play him now because three years after graduating high school he can go pro anyway. I'd rather him play for three seasons then redshirt for one and play two.

If he's not that go pro early caliber of player then obviously the above point doesn't hold.

KingDavid
8/25/2008, 10:21 PM
If Good's as good as advertised might as well play him now because three years after graduating high school he can go pro anyway. I'd rather him play for three seasons then redshirt for one and play two.

If he's not that go pro early caliber of player then obviously the above point doesn't hold.

Possible. But is it just me, or does it seem to be pretty rare that offensive linemen come out without at least three years of playing experience? I can't think of anyone who's left that early in fact. Is that right?

Scott D
8/25/2008, 10:24 PM
I think Granger has had a bad back also that has slowed him down this fall

reporting out of shape "again" didn't help his argument.

rainiersooner
8/25/2008, 11:04 PM
Are we expecting to redshirt justin johnson and jermaine calhoune?

JLEW1818
8/26/2008, 01:31 PM
One of them for sure.

yermom
8/26/2008, 01:36 PM
reporting out of shape "again" didn't help his argument.

oh yeah, i forgot about that part

califsooner
8/27/2008, 12:26 PM
Question guys: Speaking of redshirting guys, I know guys can end up playing later in the year even after they are supposed to redshirt, as well as actually redshirting if they don't end up playing in any games and being in uniform.....but will there be an official redshirt list that normally comes out to find out for sure? I know those decisions can be tricky for the staff, but I kinda feel redshirting S. Good along with our freshman backs is prob a wise move with the depth that we have there. This is also prob a no-brainer, but Landry J. should also be redshirted this year, correct?? Thoughts........

I can actually see good reason for either decision regard S. Good actually, were gonna need the experience next year when these studs are gone!!

BillyBall
8/27/2008, 01:03 PM
I would rather not redshirt either one of them. If we redshirt either of them and they end up being as good as advertised, we run the risk of only getting 2 years out of them, a la DeMarco Murray.

pappy
8/27/2008, 01:45 PM
In bob stoops press conference yesterday he named 7 guys that he said would play as true freshman 5 are for sure (all on offense) and 2 very likely to play on defense

Stephen Good
Ben Habern
Justin Johnson
Dejaun Miller
Jameel Owens

R.J. Washington
Joseph Iboleye

califsooner
8/27/2008, 01:50 PM
.....I'm not about to disagree with 'THE MAN' on any of those. So looks like Calhoun will be redshirting which is fine, kinda surprised about both those receivers playing though, and of course the word is R.J. is a stud in the making!!!

Thanks for the good info.......

'IN BOB WE TRUST'

TMcGee86
8/27/2008, 01:54 PM
Wow. I really thought Calhoun would be too good to pass up.

Not that it bothers me though, keep him around as long as we can.

Glad to hear Owens looks to get playing time. I think he could be special. And I love hearing that about R.J.

califsooner
8/27/2008, 02:08 PM
That's good news about Owens.....cus you know Miller is the highly regarded one who has also shined in camp I hear as well. Yeah, I hear RJ is a freak on the end.

'the rich get richer I guess' :-)

snp
8/27/2008, 02:17 PM
.....I'm not about to disagree with 'THE MAN' on any of those. So looks like Calhoun will be redshirting which is fine, kinda surprised about both those receivers playing though, and of course the word is R.J. is a stud in the making!!!

Thanks for the good info.......

'IN BOB WE TRUST'

We lose 3 senior WR after this year. We need some experience at that position for next year.

jrfootballou
8/27/2008, 02:17 PM
dude jlew1818 is looking so good for the heisman this year

califsooner
8/27/2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah see.....good call on the WR's, I told ya I'm not about to question those moves. lol Yeah, forgot Manuel is also a senior as well. I think me and alot of other faithful are rooting hard for Adron to do well and be a productive player for us.....I also have a weird hunch that Caleb gonna surprise folks as well.

pappy
8/27/2008, 05:47 PM
I think the reason justin johnson is gonna get to play over calhoun this year is that he participated in the spring and calhoun didn't and that gave him a slight edge and I had a feeling Stoops was gonna play atleast 1 of them and then redshirt the other...I figured it was gonna be calhoun but hey johnson was a high school all-american and a 5-star recruit at rb (scout) too so...either way I like our future at rb. We're loaded in the backfield!

califsooner
8/27/2008, 06:10 PM
Yup....exactly. So am I to assume the obvious the Landry J. will RS this year? I'm pretty sure 3 active QB's are needed just in case, just not sure whether or not we have a guy at 3-deep we could trust other than him.......not that it's a huge worry this early in the year anyway, just sayin'. If we assume Sam plays all 4 years, we don't want to lose Landry to a transfer if he's not gonna play until his junior or senior year?