PDA

View Full Version : Democratic National Convention

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 12:50 PM
How much will you watch?

OklahomaTuba
8/25/2008, 12:53 PM
Maybe.

It might help give me a heads up on how high my taxes are gonna go up, and how much free stuff the illegals are gonna get.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 12:55 PM
The answer to both of yer questions is:

A LOT. Especially if you make 150k or more. Those are the people that Mickey is gonna pound the hardest.

olevetonahill
My little Vote Is a Maybe a Little :P

SoonerStormchaser
I'll watch the same amount of the DNC as I will the RNC...NONE!

I hate America, that's all. ;)

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 12:56 PM
I'll watch the same amount of the DNC as I will the RNC...NONE!

I hate America, that's all.

At least your honest unlike Minnie Mouse.

royalfan5
8/25/2008, 12:58 PM
After Wednesday there will be college football to watch, so it won't be that hard to avoid this convention and the other one.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 01:00 PM
After Wednesday there will be college football to watch, so it won't be that hard to avoid this convention and the other one.

It's not that hard now.

I'd rather watch aggie play than watch Minnie and Mickey lie to America how they'll only tax the rich and help the poor.

frankensooner
8/25/2008, 01:01 PM
If I want to watch a bunch of sunshine pumping, I will just go to hornfans. I will avoid both conventions.

royalfan5
8/25/2008, 01:02 PM
It's not that hard now.

I'd rather watch aggie play than watch Minnie and Mickey lie to America how they'll only tax the rich and help the poor.

I don't have a remote, so I have to manually flip through the channels, so if I change the channel, convention coverage might be briefly on my TV. That ups the degree of difficultly.

soonerscuba
8/25/2008, 01:02 PM
I will watch the acceptance speech of both, nothing more.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 01:05 PM
I will watch the acceptance speech of both, nothing more.

Why? Both speeches will be nothing but 100% pure BS and rhetoric.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 01:09 PM
Why? Both speeches will be nothing but 100% pure BS and rhetoric.

Pretty much. I'd rather watch one of those ghey azz dance shows.:D

OULenexaman
8/25/2008, 01:12 PM
I saw that same poll on CNN website.....56% said none....that means JM is leading...race over....time for football....

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 01:13 PM
I saw that same poll on CNN website.....56% said none....that means JM is leading...race over....time for football....

I saw that too and was pretty amazed since CNN loves the Obama so much.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 01:13 PM
I'm kinda halfway curious though, to see if Lieberman's speech at the Repub convention is gonna be as "emotional" as Zell Miller's speech 4 years ago. That dude on SNL portrays him perfectly!
http://www.ramblestrip.com/zell.jpg

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 01:15 PM
If McCain picks Lieberman as VP he loses any chance he had at the Presidency.

GrapevineSooner
8/25/2008, 01:17 PM
I loaded up my DVR because of the next two weeks.

And I have plenty on VOD as backup.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 01:19 PM
I loaded up my DVR because of the next two weeks.

And I have plenty on VOD as backup.

Me too. I've got all kinds of college football shows just calling my name.

JohnnyMack
8/25/2008, 01:21 PM
The names I keep hearing float to the top of the Republican VP ticket all have pro-choice leanings:

Tom Ridge
Joe Lieberman
and now: Kay Bailey Hutchison

tommieharris91
8/25/2008, 01:23 PM
Thank God the Cubs are still in the race.

Chuck Bao
8/25/2008, 01:30 PM
I'm looking forward to watching it. I'm going to have to find an internet radio broadcast so I can listen as well (office TV has sound off).

I'm hoping for some firery rhetoric and a clear message that we can't afford four more years of Bush administration economic policies. If the Democrats don't deliver and get the focus back on what needs to be said, they don't deserve to win the election.

This is a make or break thing for them and, sadly, the next four years for our country.

Yeah, I'm watching.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 01:31 PM
Thank God the Cubs are still in the race.

yep but they'll find a way to blow it eventually.

Chuck Bao
8/25/2008, 01:38 PM
Obama's acceptance speech is during the Baylor game. This sucks.

tommieharris91
8/25/2008, 01:41 PM

It's gonna be really tough, and I mean, a historically bad collapse if the Cubs miss the playoffs. I'll outline it later in one of the Cubs threads on General Sports.

OULenexaman
8/25/2008, 01:42 PM

DON"T.....SAY....THINGS....LIKE.....THAT.....it's been 100 years....jinx is gone now.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 01:43 PM
DON"T.....SAY....THINGS....LIKE.....THAT.....it's been 100 years....jinx is gone now.

I'm trying to use reverse jinx.

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2008, 02:22 PM
Obama's acceptance speech is during the Baylor game. This sucks.

I'm going to the game, so I guess I'll miss it.

85Sooner
8/25/2008, 02:24 PM
I'll watch just to see if the Ghost of Abbie Hoffman shows up.

badger
8/25/2008, 02:26 PM
They had Michael Moore covering the Republican convention last time. Would they dare have Ann Coulter at the Democratic convention this time?

Oh wait... they already gave her a chance. This is about how it went:

Here at the Spawn of Satan convention in Boston, conservatives are deploying a series of covert signals to identify one another, much like gay men do. My allies are the ones wearing crosses or American flags. The people sporting shirts emblazoned with the "F-word" are my opponents. Also, as always, the pretty girls and cops are on my side, most of them barely able to conceal their eye-rolling.

Democrats are constantly suing and slandering police as violent, fascist racists – with the exception of Boston's police, who'll be lauded as national heroes right up until the Democrats pack up and leave town on Friday, whereupon they'll revert to their natural state of being fascist, racist pigs.

:D

GrapevineSooner
8/25/2008, 03:11 PM
Ah, Mikey and Annie.

Two partisan hacks I bitterly despise.

badger
8/25/2008, 03:16 PM
Ah, Mikey and Annie.

Two partisan hacks I bitterly despise.

Mikey has calmed down a bit more to focus on issues that aren't just leftist or rightist, but more everybody-ist. Annie, however, is as "Spawn of Satan" as ever, even though I heard she was dating a Dem at one point or another :D

I think that hacks serve the purpose of enforcing your political beliefs rather than try to change them. Nobody is going to vote Republican just because Ann called Democrats "Spawn of Satan." Even carpetbaggers weren't that successful, right?

I unfortunately will be missing festivities tonight it seems, but at least they'll recap it all with a more humorous tone on the Daily Show! :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/25/2008, 03:20 PM
If McCain picks Lieberman as VP he loses any chance he had at the Presidency.IMO he still would have a good chance to win POTUS, even with Lieberman.

Chuck Bao
8/25/2008, 03:28 PM
I'm going to the game, so I guess I'll miss it.

You just made an enemy for life. ;)

I so want to be there.

Give 'em hell Baylor!

badger
8/25/2008, 03:37 PM
IMO he still would have a good chance to win POTUS, even with Lieberman.

The voting population has all of the following:

1- People who will vote for Barack regardless of who his running mate is.

2- People who will vote for McCain regardless of who his running mate is.

3- People whose vote is contingent on the running mates selected by candidates.

4- Holdouts for Hillary.

I would say that the voting population is about 30-30 on definite votes for McCain and Obama. There are people who have already decided what name's getting their vote and they aren't changing without a major catastrophe. There's about a 5 percent holdout for Hillary based on the super delegates nagging and Clinton loyalist talk, but they'll drop their angst soon. That leaves about 35 percent of voters left up for grabs, both Republican and Democrat, who could go either way depending on the actions and words of both candidates here on out.

I say screw the polls. History has shown us that voters will tell a pollster one thing and do another, especially when it comes to forward, progressive thinking (for example, Wisconsin Democratic voters once told pollsters in droves that they would nominate Jesse Jackson for president, but then didn't follow through come election day) voting. I think this especially applies when you have a war veteran on one side and a young, charismatic progressive on the other. No matter who you cast your vote for, it sounds good on paper.

Anyway, all things considered, the choice of Biden still puzzles me. How exactly does Biden bring the 35 percent undecided voters to Barack?

There are definitely choices that could bring the votes to McCain, but whether or not they're going to run with him is to be seen. I think voters have rejected Lieberman already and would not vote for him now, so please, John, no Lieberman.

tommieharris91
8/25/2008, 03:44 PM
Anyway, all things considered, the choice of Biden still puzzles me. How exactly does Biden bring the 35 percent undecided voters to Barack?

Biden sure makes it tougher for me to vote Democrat in this election.

badger
8/25/2008, 04:16 PM

You might have already mentioned it on one of the many locked Barack threads, but as long as you mention it now, what exactly miffs you about Biden?

Lifelong politicians make my face sad-like expressioned. Biden's been in office since age 29. Like, graduation, and bam! Senator. wtf...

I will hold judgment on Biden completely as a VP until I see the other option. :)

Chuck Bao
8/25/2008, 04:17 PM
Biden wasn't a tough choice. It was smart choice, in my opinion.

My biggest reservation about Obama was his experience. I had assumed that he would surround himself with smart, experienced people, and this answers that question for me.

Biden will be the attack dog and I'm not opposed to anyone who with credibility attack the weakened Republicans on economic issues.

I'm expecting fireworks.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 04:17 PM

That's because he's a jackoff.

Ike
8/25/2008, 04:18 PM
In the interest of fairness, I plan to watch an equal amount of the Republican and Democratic conventions. Zero.

All fluff, zero substance.

I'd rather watch Survivor. And I hate Survivor.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 04:20 PM
Two weeks worth of lies and broken promises.

JohnnyMack
8/25/2008, 04:20 PM
That's because he's a jackoff.

If you think he's a jackoff, just wait until they introduce Romney.

tommieharris91
8/25/2008, 04:22 PM
I was kinda hoping Obama would go with Bayh.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 04:25 PM
A jackoff without hair plugs who wasn't busted for plagiarism?

I can handle that.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/25/2008, 04:30 PM
Biden likes to refer to himself in the third person = dickweed.