PDA

View Full Version : teh OKC

soonerbrat
8/25/2008, 11:51 AM
XtspPuAywfo

Viking Kitten
8/25/2008, 12:37 PM
Fans of latenight local TV programming like "Cheaters" and "Seinfeld" reruns will certainly recognize Nikita from Sunwest Motors in that video.

True story about Nikita. I was once having lunch at Furr's with my grandpa, and she was sitting nearby, having lunch with her grandma. I dropped my napkin, and she totally bent over to pick it up for me.

I think she digs me.

olevetonahill
8/25/2008, 12:47 PM
Fans of latenight local TV programming like "Cheaters" and "Seinfeld" reruns will certainly recognize Nikita from Sunwest Motors in that video.

True story about Nikita. I was once having lunch at Furr's with my grandpa, and she was sitting nearby, having lunch with her grandma. I dropped my napkin, and she totally bent over to pick it up for me.

I think she digs me.

She was trying to look up you're skirt.:hot:

Czar Soonerov
8/25/2008, 04:16 PM

I think she digs me.

It was a straw & I saw her boobs when she bent over. :texan:

Viking Kitten
8/25/2008, 04:21 PM
It was a straw & I saw her boobs when she bent over. :texan:

Why does every trip to Furr's with Grandpa have to devolve into an orgy?

badger
8/25/2008, 04:37 PM
cue tulsa jealousy.

Claiming Mat Hoffman as an OKC resident instead of Edmond - minus 5 points.

Showing highlights from the on-loan Hornets from New Orleans instead of OKC's own Sonics - minus 5 points

Cutting all the sponsorship thingies out of the inside Capitol Dome shots - minus 5 points.

Including statewide stuff like golf courses, lakes and universities located far outside OKC in an OKC video? Minus 5 points.

Mentioning the Oklahoma ballet, which is reality is on the verge of going under and at the very best, merging with Tulsa's - minus 5 points.

Shot of OU's campus artwork (dude half-buried while relaxing near the art museum) which in actuality is in Norman?! Minus 5 points.

Isn't Tinker in MWC, not OKC? Meh, I'll give you a pass on that, but with obvious deductions for credit-taking of other area's kudos... 70 percent - C-minus.

;) I keed. It is a very nice video package and stuff. Cue Tulsa jealousy :mad:

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 04:43 PM
I think it's a stretch to include OSU, but not OU. It's most definitely in the OKC MSA. But the piece is produced by the GREATER Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, which does marketing and economic development for the entire region, not just OKC.

StoopTroup
8/25/2008, 04:58 PM
I had to turn that crap off before I got to 1:00.

Whet
8/25/2008, 08:16 PM
I thought it was entertaining and there were a lot of buzz words in the clip. I did watch the entire clip and I thought of the following:

cgeLY7CL5IE

Big Red Ron
8/25/2008, 08:59 PM
cue tulsa jealousy.

I grew up with Matt and his younger brother Travis (my age) in Edmond. He used to have some sweet ramps in his parents barn. But to be fair, he has moved to OKC and in his video game he put OKC as his home town (Level one).

Big Red Ron
8/25/2008, 09:02 PM
Also, MWC is part of OKC. OKC's city limits include several cities like, Nichols Hills, Bethany, Lake Aluma and others.

Big Red Ron
8/25/2008, 09:06 PM
God Bless Ron Norick

Big Red Ron
8/25/2008, 09:10 PM
cue tulsa jealousy.

Showing highlights from the on-loan Hornets from New Orleans instead of OKC's own Sonics - minus 5 points

Cutting all the sponsorship thingies out of the inside Capitol Dome shots - minus 5 points.

Including statewide stuff like golf courses, lakes and universities located far outside OKC in an OKC video? Minus 5 points.

Mentioning the Oklahoma ballet, which is reality is on the verge of going under and at the very best, merging with Tulsa's - minus 5 points.

Shot of OU's campus artwork (dude half-buried while relaxing near the art museum) which in actuality is in Norman?! Minus 5 points.

Isn't Tinker in MWC, not OKC? Meh, I'll give you a pass on that, but with obvious deductions for credit-taking of other area's kudos... 70 percent - C-minus.

;) I keed. It is a very nice video package and stuff. Cue Tulsa jealousy :mad:

OK, now that I've watched it. I think you simply weren't paying attention. It starts out talking about OKC and then talks about the state as a whole.

We do have OSU in OKC. That and OU health Science center are part of the school's campuses.

badger
8/25/2008, 10:19 PM
OK, now that I've watched it. I think you simply weren't paying attention. It starts out talking about OKC and then talks about the state as a whole.

We do have OSU in OKC. That and OU health Science center are part of the school's campuses.

I was definitely paying attention at then end when they didn't say "OKLAHOMA: Native America" or "STATE OF OKLAHOMA" or "OKLAHOMA CITY... plus some parts of the the rest of the state" It was simply "Oklahoma City."

Oh, and please let me complain. It's what every Tulsan does about OKC, remember? Tulsans are natural OKC haters!

;)

Big Red Ron
8/26/2008, 08:38 AM
I was definitely paying attention at then end when they didn't say "OKLAHOMA: Native America" or "STATE OF OKLAHOMA" or "OKLAHOMA CITY... plus some parts of the the rest of the state" It was simply "Oklahoma City."

Oh, and please let me complain. It's what every Tulsan does about OKC, remember? Tulsans are natural OKC haters!

;)
OH, well that's true. I didn't know you were one of "them." :)

badger
8/26/2008, 09:19 AM
OH, well that's true. I didn't know you were one of "them." :)

Whatev, you're a Tulsa hater, too, Ron. If you don't remember, I certainly can remind you...

OKC > Tulsa

OKC > Tulsa

OKC > Tulsa

OKC > Tulsa

:D

frankensooner
8/26/2008, 09:39 AM
Tulsa > Stumpy's, I'll give you that.

Nice video, only a quick glance at frontier city and white water bay though! ;)

BigRedJed
8/26/2008, 11:27 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Big Red Ron
8/26/2008, 01:05 PM
Whatev, you're a Tulsa hater, too, Ron. If you don't remember, I certainly can remind you...

:DI'm actually not a Tulsa hater. I grew up in Southern California and moved to Edmond/OKC in the 7th grade. Even then I detected a sentiment that Tulsan's thought they were in some way superior to OKC. I found it funny given where I came from. However, now that I'm a businessman in OKC I relish the fact that the argument is pretty much over. I mean any rational person who looks at each city would obviously give the nod to OKC. Having said that Tulsa is a neat town with plenty to be proud of. Some of my best friends are Tulsans. ;)

badger
8/26/2008, 01:26 PM
I'm actually not a Tulsa hater. I grew up in Southern California and moved to Edmond/OKC in the 7th grade. Even then I detected a sentiment that Tulsan's thought they were in some way superior to OKC. I found it funny given where I came from. However, now that I'm a businessman in OKC I relish the fact that the argument is pretty much over. I mean any rational person who looks at each city would obviously give the nod to OKC. Having said that Tulsa is a neat town with plenty to be proud of. Some of my best friends are Tulsans. ;)

http://www.winchesterchurch.org/dove_with_olive_branch.gif
We have made some great strides today... Oh wait, this is Oklahoma, not Noah's Ark! One moment please...

http://glennlynn.us/peace%20pipe%20bali.JPG
May this serve as a symbol to bury the hatchet and move toward greater Oklahoma unity.

Kum ba ya, my Lord. Kum ba ya...

frankensooner
8/26/2008, 01:28 PM
OKC NEWS: EDNA had a cancer removed from her lung. Get well soon Edna!

http://www.myspace.com/ednasokc

Viking Kitten
8/26/2008, 01:37 PM
Oh heck... I hope she's okay. I don't imagine breathing in that smoky air every night helps the situation. It wouldn't be the same without her dancing on the bar though.

Civicus_Sooner
8/27/2008, 01:23 PM
XtspPuAywfoWow, OKC has really come a long way. Who would have dreamed this would be happening 20 years ago?

Fugue
8/27/2008, 01:24 PM
Who would have dreamed this would be happening 20 years ago?

The people that made it happen? :texan:

;)

Civicus_Sooner
8/27/2008, 01:28 PM
The people that made it happen? :texan:

;)Ron Norick, Rick Moore and teh votas.

Fugue
8/27/2008, 02:12 PM
Twas good city planning indeed.

Big Red Ron
8/27/2008, 07:37 PM
Ron Norick, Rick Moore and teh votas.
Rick Moore certainly deserves more credit than he receives.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 11:36 PM
Rick Horrow is where the real credit belongs, my friends.

Jimminy Crimson
8/28/2008, 02:58 AM
Rick Horrow is where the real credit belongs, my friends.

Very true.

Big Red Ron
8/28/2008, 10:24 AM
RickHorrow is where the real credit belongs, my friends. Hmmm. Well, I'm talking about actually getting this done, which was no small task. The council was unsure and divided before MAPS 1. If not for the rugged, strait talking Rick Moore twisting arms, Ron may have not ever even gotten the thing on the Ballot.

You guys know who Rick Moore is, right?

soonerbrat
8/28/2008, 10:33 AM
Hmmm. Well, I'm talking about actually getting this done, which was no small task. The council was unsure and divided before MAPS 1. If not for the rugged, strait talking Rick Moore twisting arms, Ron may have not ever even gotten the thing on the Ballot.

You guys know who Rick Moore is, right?

is he BigRedRon?

Big Red Ron
8/28/2008, 11:16 AM
is he BigRedRon?

Nah, Rick is sort of a mentor of mine. He's one of the very best administrative/government types that also understands the political part of these equations. Trust me there aren't a lot of guys that understand all the facets (municipal & State government, PR, market research and politics) that are necessary to get things like the original MAPS project done.

MAPS could have easily failed (just look at Tulsa's attempts).

He's just a wealth of knowledge and has been a close confidant to most public officials in OKC over the last two to three decades.

Also, one heck of a great guy!

BigRedJed
8/28/2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I know who Rick Moore is.

Big Red Ron
8/28/2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I know who Rick Moore is.Are you more from the Don Hoover wing of municipal gubment?

BigRedJed
8/28/2008, 11:36 AM
I'm not in municipal government, and haven't ever been. In fact, I'm not in government at all. Nor have I ever been.

OUDoc
8/28/2008, 11:38 AM
He was a great James Bond too.

Big Red Ron
8/28/2008, 11:41 AM
I'm not in municipal government, and haven't ever been. In fact, I'm not in government at all. Nor have I ever been.
Neither is Don, nor am I. So, it was more of a rhetorical question. Probably should have had a ;) after it.

I say all that about Moore not to diminish Horrow in anyway. I just don't think Moore gets enough credit for doing the work on the ground.

BigRedJed
8/28/2008, 11:42 AM
He definitely helped marshal support in the very early days of MAPS. Back when it was just an idea and a tough sell.

Civicus_Sooner
8/28/2008, 04:01 PM
Are you more from the Don Hoover wing of municipal gubment?
heh

Sooner_Havok
8/28/2008, 05:56 PM
Funny thing about MAPS, it passed, but just barely. Try and find anyone who admits to voting against today though. :D

OUDoc
8/28/2008, 08:15 PM
You goof off on the internet during business hours like a civil servant. :)

Jimminy Crimson
8/29/2008, 08:52 AM
I think Bob Moore and Bob Howard deserve some credit, too.

If it weren't for them, many voters would not have been able to get to the polls in OKC.

;)

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 10:33 AM
I think Bob Moore and Bob Howard deserve some credit, too.

If it weren't for them, many voters would not have been able to get to the polls in OKC.

;)
lol

frankensooner
8/29/2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that Lynn Hickey was nothing but a big quitter.

Jimminy Crimson
8/29/2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, that Lynn Hickey was nothing but a big quitter.

I put all blame on Tom Parks.

frankensooner
8/29/2008, 10:42 AM
I was down in Florida earlier this month and flipped on the TV, Guess who I saw shillin' the autos on the tv?

If you guessed Tom Parks, you are correct.

OUDoc
8/29/2008, 11:30 AM
I was down in Florida earlier this month and flipped on the TV, Guess who I saw shillin' the autos on the tv?

If you guessed Tom Parks, you are correct.

I guessed Yul Brenner. What does that get me?

frankensooner
8/29/2008, 11:37 AM
Hopefully a yellow card. ;)

BigRedJed
8/29/2008, 11:39 AM
You goof off on the internet during business hours like a civil servant. :)
Isn't there a patient slowly dying on your examination table right now? ;)

BigRedJed
8/29/2008, 11:54 AM
I think Bob Moore and Bob Howard deserve some credit, too...
Funny. But Bob Howard actually DOES deserve a lot of the credit for things going on downtown, at least these days. He has been very committed to downtown since buying the downtown Ford dealership (which I believe he has since sold, despite his name still being on the building), plus the Mercedes/Jag/Volvo point a number of years ago.

These days he serves on the board of Downtown Oklahoma City Incorporated (http://www.downtownokc.com/), is the majority investor in everything going on with the "Midtown Renaissance (http://www.midtownrenaissance.com/)" project (for which Greg Banta was until recently the public face), and is one of the investors in the relocating NBA franchise.

Unfortunately, Bob Moore isn't especially active these days.

Jimminy Crimson
8/29/2008, 03:16 PM
Funny. But Bob Howard actually DOES deserve a lot of the credit for things going on downtown, at least these days. He has been very committed to downtown since buying the downtown Ford dealership (which I believe he has since sold, despite his name still being on the building), plus the Mercedes/Jag/Volvo point a number of years ago.

These days he serves on the board of Downtown Oklahoma City Incorporated (http://www.downtownokc.com/), is the majority investor in everything going on with the "Midtown Renaissance (http://www.midtownrenaissance.com/)" project (for which Greg Banta was until recently the public face), and is one of the investors in the relocating NBA franchise.

Unfortunately, Bob Moore isn't especially active these days.

Right after I posted the Bobs comment in jest, I shifted to MidTown...

Good man, that Bob Howard.