PDA

View Full Version : "It takes my arm... I take it's head."

Viking Kitten
8/24/2008, 09:37 PM
This kid is awesome. (http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1219468884187960.xml&coll=1&thispage=1)

This is the Louisiana kid who lost his arm in an alligator attack a couple weeks ago. He has decided he don't want no stinkin' latex covered fake prosthetic arm, he wants a kickass Terminator robot arm. The gator's stuffed head will soon be presented to him at fundraiser in his honor, and he's already been back playing near the lake where his arm was bitten off.

The kid's got moxie.

olevetonahill
8/24/2008, 09:46 PM
Great story VK i had missed it somehow .

royalfan5
8/24/2008, 09:54 PM
I was really hoping the kids name was Amos Moses

Viking Kitten
8/24/2008, 09:57 PM
I am hoping Kathy Bates will play the momma in the made-for-tv movie and serve up the gator for dinner.

PhilTLL
8/25/2008, 05:15 AM
Man, some gator does what gators do to kids who throw sticks at him, and he gets tracked down and killed? I'll accept that as fair if the killers were using only their naturally equipped tools and cunning, like the gator was, but I'm gonna guess they used boats and rifles. I mean, sympathy for the kid and his missing arm and all, but come on...though if I were the victim, I'd totally smack around my "friend" the stick-thrower once I got my new arm. Better make sure it has the stabbing attachment, doc...

Okla-homey
8/25/2008, 05:42 AM
I feel bad for the kid too, but swimming in a pond down there he knew was occupied by a ten footer? Bad ju-ju.

Viking Kitten
8/25/2008, 08:28 AM
Well yeah, boys will be boys and this one learned a life lesson the hard way and all. I'm just saying bravo for the way he's dealing with it.

C&CDean
8/25/2008, 09:30 AM
I think the little dumbass should have to get a hook, and dress up like a gay pirate for the rest of his life as punishment for being so stupid.

soonermix
8/25/2008, 09:36 AM
Man, some gator does what gators do to kids who throw sticks at him, and he gets tracked down and killed? I'll accept that as fair if the killers were using only their naturally equipped tools and cunning, like the gator was, but I'm gonna guess they used boats and rifles. I mean, sympathy for the kid and his missing arm and all, but come on...though if I were the victim, I'd totally smack around my "friend" the stick-thrower once I got my new arm. Better make sure it has the stabbing attachment, doc...

but that is our naturally equipped tools, opposable thumbs to hold and fire rifles and the brain power to invent/build/operate boats.

Howzit
8/25/2008, 10:06 AM
Too bad the gator didn't get his leg instead, for a peg leg would be hella.cooler than a hook.

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 10:08 AM
His friends could have called him "Peggy." Now they have to call him "Stumpy."

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 10:08 AM
Why am I suddenly hungry for hamburgers?

SoonerInKCMO
8/25/2008, 10:15 AM
Well yeah, boys will be boys and this one learned a life lesson the hard way and all. I'm just saying bravo for the way he's dealing with it.

If he's still playing at the same pond, he didn't learn much. :)

OKC-SLC
8/25/2008, 10:18 AM
dip

frankensooner
8/25/2008, 10:21 AM
Why am I suddenly hungry for hamburgers?

Must be those weird tastebuds of yours. ;)

SoonerBorn68
8/25/2008, 10:38 AM
Man, some gator does what gators do to kids who throw sticks at him, and he gets tracked down and killed? I'll accept that as fair if the killers were using only their naturally equipped tools and cunning, like the gator was, but I'm gonna guess they used boats and rifles...

God gave Man the ability to make weapons & technology. They WERE using their naturally equipped tools by shooting it with a rifle while riding in a boat.

...or more scientifically, Man evolved, alligators didn't.

Rippy The Gator - Arrogant Worms (http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/wavs/rippy.mp3)

PhilTLL
8/25/2008, 02:59 PM
God gave Man the ability to make weapons & technology. They WERE using their naturally equipped tools by shooting it with a rifle while riding in a boat.

Oh, chill. I was at least half kidding.

PS, I can't believe it took two of you to post the same rejoinder that I assumed was obviously the unspoken truth behind my mild complaint. Alas.

silverwheels
8/25/2008, 03:01 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x45/DrDeath_pics/gilm083.jpg

soonerinabilene
8/25/2008, 03:03 PM
Kid should have read "Danger on Quicksand Swamp" by Bill Wallace. I read it, and because of that I have been gator injury free since the 4th grade.

SoonerInKCMO
8/25/2008, 03:11 PM
If he's still playing at the same pond, he didn't learn much. :)

Also.... "it's head"? :(

Good thing your current job isn't in print journalism. :D

SoonerInKCMO
8/25/2008, 03:15 PM
Good thing your current job isn't in print journalism. :D

This from the smartass who just realized his resume said "big remediation" rather than "bug remediation". :O

Viking Kitten
8/25/2008, 03:40 PM
http://dailyconnect.in/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/jamster-simpsons-homer.jpg

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 03:44 PM
Is that another term for exterminator?