PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Depth chart? Starting lineup?

goingoneight
8/24/2008, 04:42 PM
This looks pretty accurate, but notice the 'updated...' date.

Linky (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html)

I have to agree that while we're excited about Tennell and Broyles, Chaney, as far as fans know, still deserves at least one start. Dude has been a stud in the times we've needed him the most the last two years.

I hope the secondary pans out like this... I have been saying ever since the UW game in 2006 that Nic Harris would make a great Roy-caliber SS, and he's listed as a 1 at SS. Nice to know that the coaching staff was ready, willing and able to put in another highly-thought-off guy in Sam Proctor at SS instead of the typical 'I don't know' or 'we'll see, we've got lots of guys doing well'-kinda commentary just in case of an injury or some other kind of shuffling is necessary...

As for LB... I've heard that Box is only slated to sit out until released and the coaches want him to start, so that explaons why he's a 1 over Lewis right nao. Sort of like DeMarco Murray starting in place of AP last year against North Texass.

QB 1 Sam Bradford, 2 Joey Halzle
RB 1 DeMarco Murray, 2 Chris Brown/Mossis Madu
FB 1 Matt Clapp, 2 Brody Eldridge
TE 1 Jermaine Gresham, 2 Brody Eldridge
WR 1 Quentin Chaney, 2 Adron Tennell
WR 1 Juaqin Iglesias, 2 Brandon Caleb
slWR 1 Manuel Johnson, 2 Ryan Broyles
LT 1 Phil Loadholt, 2 Cory Brandon
LG 1 Duke Robinson, 2 Brian Simmons (pos. change?)
C 1 Jon Cooper, 2 Jason Hannan
RG 1 Brandon Walker, 2 Alex Williams
RT 1A Branndon Braxton, 1B Trent Williams (agreed, both are solid)

DE 1 Auston English, 2 Jeremy Beal (may slide over and start at the other side)
DE 1 Alan Davis, 2 Frank Alexander

... keep in mind that DE is our deepest position and it really doesn't matter who starts in this group because all will see quality playing time.

DT 1 Gerald "The Real" McCoy, 2 Cory "Live up to that #97" Bennett :D
DT 1 Adrian Taylor, 2 DeMarcus "Burlington" Granger :mad:

BC 1 Brian Jackson, 2 (n00b) Jamelle Fleming
FS 1 Lendy Homes, 2 Quinton Carter
SS 1 Nic "kelback" Harris, 2 Sam Proctor
FC 1 Dominique Franks, 2 Jonathan Nelson

LB... oh, boy... fingers crossed, Sooner fans...

SLB 1 Keenan "hopefully he tackles better AT Washington" Clayton, 2 J.R. "JUCO" Bryant

MLB 1 Ryan "Quarterback of the defense" Reynolds, 2 Lamont "OMG, he's still here?" Robinson

WLB (n00b club) 1 Austin Box, 2 Travis Lewis

Can BV produce yet another solid LB class out of his thinnest depth chart yet? Odds are after UT-Chatanooga, we'll be sayign "yes," but I think we won't know anything until after TCU going into conference play just based on the schedule.

soonerfan28
8/24/2008, 05:26 PM
I didn't see Balogun on the 2 deep and I thought Box was out in the Chat scrimmage.

califsooner
8/24/2008, 06:35 PM
....good question regarding Balogun. By the way, watching some practice footage and pics.....does anybody else think he looks a little heavy in 'gut area?' Gotta ask since that position obviously requires lots of speed. I do like his overall size and he seems to be pretty athletic, so just not sure where he's at as far as expections/playing time and if weight is even an issue right now with him.