PDA

View Full Version : Offishul Tailgate Drawing Details

Okla-homey
8/24/2008, 03:29 PM
Okay sportsfans, here's the dealio.

(mods, please "sticky" this post.) kplzthx

Stuff To Be Won

We have acquired:

1) A regulation football signed by all three living OU Heisman winners (Owens, Sims and White) that comes with a lexan display case suitable for display in home or office. The sigs are on one panel complete with descriptive markings and OU logos, and the next panel contains each guy's OU stats. I don't feel I need to elaborate on who these guys are because they have flippin' bronze statues of 'em at the stadium fer cryin' out loud.

and

2) An autographed, limited edition print on canvas of all three Selmon brothers in OU uniform in a game setting. The print features Lee Roy (perhaps the greatest OU football player evar...Barry Switzer thinks so) and his brothers Lucious and Dewey of Eufala, OK. It's beautifully framed and matted, includes an explanatory brass plate already affixed and is ready to hang in home or office. This was part of a specially commissioned project by a local sports memorabilia dealer and there were only 200 made. Now, in case you're a little fuzzy on mid-seventies Sooner glory...

The Selmon Brothers...Sooner Legends and Makers of Sooner Magic

Lucious Selmon came to Oklahoma from Eufaula High School in 1970, and played nose guard for the Sooners for both Chuck Fairbanks and Barry Switzer. He was a consensus All-American in 1973, and was named Chevrolet/ABC National Defensive Player of the Year, Big 8 Conference Athlete of the Year, and Big 8 Conference Defensive Player of the Year. He finished second in balloting for the Outland Trophy and seventh in voting for the Heisman Trophy.

Selmon's younger brothers, Dewey and Lee Roy, followed him as defensive linemen to Oklahoma. Lucious earned All-American honors in 1973, and Lee Roy and Dewey achieved All-American status in 1974 and 1975, the years that Oklahoma won national championships. Dewey and Lee Roy had great NFL careers at Tampa Bay. Lee Roy won the Outland and Vince Lombardi trophies in 1975 and went on to be the Sooners' first Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee in 1995.

All three brothers were also accomplished students, graduated from OU and Dewey eventually attained a doctorate in philosophy.

Although more than 30 years has passed since the Selmons played for Oklahoma, many Oklahoma fans still say (referring to the Selmon brothers' parents), "God bless Mr. and Mrs. Selmon" or "Thank you, Mrs. Selmon."

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/S/SE009.html

I'll bring both items to the first couple tailgates so y'all can see how cool they are. I will also post a photo of each at some point.

How to Play

Preferred: I will be accepting cash from those who want to play at each tailgate. Ten bucks ($10.00) per chance. That = two chances to win one of the above items for only ten dinero. We will conduct the drawing at the last home game on 11/22, and you need not be present to win. If you aren't, we'll mail your prize to you.

Options for those who can't make games: If you want in and can't make a tailgate, peem me and I'll tell you where to send your money for chances (mi casa). I will then insure your name goes in the hopper just like everyone else who plays.

The Actual Drawing (11/22/08)

When we draw, the first winner, if present, gets his or her choice of the ball or the print, and the second winner gets the remaining item. If the person drawn is not present, we'll do a coin toss to see which item he or she won, and then draw for the remaining item.

What have I forgotten? Questions?

Disclaimer: This is totally for fun. No one is making any money off of this. This drawing is not affliated with or endorsed by the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the University of Oklahoma, its Athletic Department, the State of Oklahoma or Lee Corso. So there.

badger
8/24/2008, 04:17 PM
Boink! I'll star it a bunch and keep pestering it back to the top till it gets stickyfied :)

SCOUT
8/24/2008, 04:37 PM
In for sure. Those are some fantastic prizes. Well done on securing them!

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 06:18 PM
Bump till stickied.

BigDeezy
8/24/2008, 07:17 PM
bump -- until stickified

Okla-homey
8/25/2008, 05:31 AM
bump

C&CDean
8/25/2008, 08:59 AM
Where the hell are the football board mods when you need them? Stabbed.

OU4LIFE
8/25/2008, 11:27 AM
out having lunch with their moderator credit cards.

badger
8/25/2008, 11:30 AM
out having lunch with their moderator credit cards.

my sponsorship dues need spending ;)

soonermagicgirl
8/30/2008, 08:59 PM
I'll be veeery happy if you draw number 10 or 11...he he....

boomermagic
10/17/2008, 01:09 PM
TTT

TheUnnamedSooner
11/3/2008, 10:59 AM
So, if no one is making any money off this, where does the dinero go?

Okla-homey
11/3/2008, 02:40 PM
So, if no one is making any money off this, where does the dinero go?

it goes to pay for the chow, beverages, port-a-pooper, teevee and satellite. That stuff ain't cheap. You ever seen OUr crew eat and drink? Keep your hands away from their mouths at all times.

OU4LIFE
11/3/2008, 03:09 PM
You ever seen OUr crew eat and drink?

yes.

it was frightening.

and the chili was stupid hot.

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 08:41 AM
So what'd I win, Homey? I wasn't there.