PDA

View Full Version : Rotate the LB's?

soonerfan28
8/24/2008, 10:59 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem rotating the LB's like we do the D-line. I think if they understand the scheme and their responsiblity then we should play more then 3. It will help keep fresh bodies on the field. The only problem I see is with the new 40 second clock offenses are going to be moving much faster and we will probably face more no huddles then before.

boomersooner28
8/24/2008, 01:06 PM
My lb's tend to rotate from my belly to my rear. And then back again. I'm all belly and backside. I need to lose those extra lb's.

Sooner_09
8/24/2008, 01:43 PM
LB's are in better shape than DL so they do not need to rest on the sideline as often. Plus you have your run stuffers and pass rushers on the DL, not as much can be said for LB's as they generally rotate in and out for more or less DBs

Curly Bill
8/24/2008, 01:45 PM
I know how much it sucks to rotate my tires...so, I'm opposed to rotating anything.

soonerfan28
8/24/2008, 02:49 PM
LB's are in better shape than DL so they do not need to rest on the sideline as often. Plus you have your run stuffers and pass rushers on the DL, not as much can be said for LB's as they generally rotate in and out for more or less DBs

I agree that they are in better shape then the DL, but with pass heavy team then you sometimes need fresh bodies in there, but then I guess you could say the same thing about the CB's.

Big D Sooner
8/24/2008, 10:56 PM
You know, you have a good thought, but I think that with linebackers you need more cohesiveness. The D line (especially the D Tackles), they are basically wrestling the guy in front of them on every play, so a rotation to keep them fresh is almost necessary. Linebackers, however, have to do so much with pass coverage, audibles, etc. that I think you need consistency. A specialized pass coverage linebacker for passing downs would work though.