PDA

View Full Version : Sept 6th TV covergae map?

OUHOMER
8/24/2008, 08:02 AM
OK, I know I gave Pieces Hit hell about the scheduling of his son wedding and missing the OU/tx game.:O I will be missing the Cincinnati game. I will be heading to Playa Del Carmen Mx, I was wondering if there was some kind of coverage map..

I searched and could not fine one, but I am am an old dude and tech challenged. I may have to just record it and watch it when I get back. Which means I will be stuck drinking margaritas on the beach instead of watching the SOONERS.

But, I want it all, I want to watch the SOONERS while I am drinking margaritas on the beach. :D

batonrougesooner
8/24/2008, 08:16 AM
You are asking for a coverage map for Mexico?

I can tell you from past experience that the game can be found in the Cancun/Playa Del Carmen area. I was in Cancun for both the OU/Neb BCCG and last year's OU/Tulsa game. We watched them both at the Pat O'briens in Cancun. Just called them up and made sure the game was on. They even set us up on the patio with the big screen.

My suggestion would be to do some googling of establishments in the area. I remember last year that I was able to watch the Miami/ATM game in spanish with the ESPN video feed.

Do some checking. I think you may find it. A google search involving Playa Del Carmen and sports bar would be a good start.

OUHOMER
8/24/2008, 08:25 AM
Cool, I will do that, I know our Hotel said they had cable, so I would think we would get it. as long as its not a local coverage thing

batonrougesooner
8/24/2008, 08:29 AM
I'm sure your hotel does have cable but don't believe anything your hotel tells you otherwise. They do things differently down there.

AlbqSooner
8/24/2008, 08:56 AM
This worked last year. Should be the same this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnTopics?topic=Football&watch=CollegeFootball

SoonerinSouthlake
8/24/2008, 09:21 AM
OK, I know I gave Pieces Hit hell about the scheduling of his son wedding and missing the OU/tx game.:O I will be missing the Cincinnati game. I will be heading to Playa Del Carmen Mx, I was wondering if there was some kind of coverage map..

I searched and could not fine one, but I am am an old dude and tech challenged. I may have to just record it and watch it when I get back. Which means I will be stuck drinking margaritas on the beach instead of watching the SOONERS.

But, I want it all, I want to watch the SOONERS while I am drinking margaritas on the beach. :D

Dont count on your hotel for sure...
There is a sports bar in Playa Del Carmen called LaTaberna. It was pretty descent 3 years ago I went there to catch a couple of Mavs games. I know its still there becuase I passed it this summer when my wife and I were there..... They have several TV's..so Im sure if you go in there with a request, they will accommodate you as long as its available

OUHOMER
8/24/2008, 10:01 AM
Well, here hoping for the best. Too be honest I am not sure how The wife will feel about watching the game. (Wemens):rolleyes: We arrive at 1330 game starts at 1430. So if its on in the room, I can stall for a while. I am sure she will want to get out and check out the place etc

Jeronimo
8/24/2008, 10:07 AM
I'll hope for the best for you. I hate not watching when the Sooners are playing.

auto
8/24/2008, 10:10 AM
Going on a vacation during football season that doesn't have to do with football? What are you thinking?

Jeronimo
8/24/2008, 10:11 AM
i was wondering the same thing, but i figured it would be punishment enough if the game isnt available in that area.

oudivesherpa
8/24/2008, 03:58 PM
I live in another Spanish speaking area and was wondering if the game would be on. In Houston? How about pay per view on Aug 25th?

OUHOMER
8/24/2008, 06:59 PM
Going on a vacation during football season that doesn't have to do with football? What are you thinking?

Well, I did not have to go, The wife said she would tell me all about it when she got back:O

So, what can I say, If it would have been other game I would not have gone.
i dont think;)

auto
8/25/2008, 12:02 AM
Well, I did not have to go, The wife said she would tell me all about it when she got back:O

So, what can I say, If it would have been other game I would not have gone.
i dont think;)

You are oviously not keeping the pimp hand strong. Lesson can be arranged.;)

Pieces Hit
8/25/2008, 11:12 AM
Ironically, my son and future daughter-in-law will be missing this game as they have a wedding to attend.

HA!

OU4LIFE
8/25/2008, 11:31 AM
Well, here hoping for the best. Too be honest I am not sure how The wife will feel about watching the game. (Wemens):rolleyes: We arrive at 1330 game starts at 1430. So if its on in the room, I can stall for a while. I am sure she will want to get out and check out the place etc

solution, get a Sirius Stilletto and listen to the game on channel 126. this way you get to do margaritas on the beach AND catch the game. WIN WIN

auto
8/25/2008, 01:47 PM
solution, get a Sirius Stilletto and listen to the game on channel 126. this way you get to do margaritas on the beach AND catch the game. WIN WIN

Listening to footbal is sort of like kissing your sister, close but no cigar.

OUHOMER
8/25/2008, 04:52 PM

?
1. Is it BBSR doing the play by play on Sirius ?
2. when is the merger with XM:mad:

OU4LIFE
8/26/2008, 07:31 AM
?
1. Is it BBSR doing the play by play on Sirius ?
2. when is the merger with XM:mad:

1. yes. It's the regular broadcast.
2. I'm pretty sure that whole deal got nixed. so Sirius = Big 12. XM = everyone else.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2008, 01:21 PM
2. I'm pretty sure that whole deal got nixed. so Sirius = Big 12. XM = everyone else.

It was approved as I understand. XM/Sirius announced that they would be making joint radio systems sometime next year I believe I read.

OUHOMER
8/27/2008, 05:12 AM
UM, maybe Cinci has a broad cast on XM, I will check it out.

BermudaSooner
8/27/2008, 11:40 AM
There is a good sports bar in Cozumel--just an hour ferry ride from Playa. And by good I mean it is basically a large outdoor shack with 5 or 6 TVs and cheap beer.

I believe it is 2-3 blocks back from the main street in town, and just to the north of where the ferry stops at the main square.