PDA

View Full Version : Our last natl title

Collier11
8/24/2008, 01:51 AM
was won with #14 at qb in his second yr as a starter, not saying but im just saying!

rainiersooner
8/24/2008, 02:43 AM
Cool - I'm in!

AlbqSooner
8/24/2008, 08:58 AM
It was not our last National Title. It was our most recent.

Jeronimo
8/24/2008, 10:17 AM
ok, so i have one i couldnt help but notice. i'm not really huge on omens, but this does get my attention. I'm far down on the season ticket list (i dont donate because i'm already donating to my tuition twice a year there) However I have a few friends that have an extra season ticket for me. I decided not to buy one this year (school and 2 boys, 4 &1 will empty a wallet real quick!) The last season I did not have a season ticket?...................................2000

Jacie
8/24/2008, 12:00 PM
President Lincoln had a secretary name Kennedy . . .

Desert Sapper
8/24/2008, 12:08 PM
was won with #14 at qb in his second yr as a starter, not saying but im just saying!

Who is the mad scientist at work creating the new #14. Just sayin'.;)

Flagstaffsooner
8/24/2008, 12:28 PM
Hell, I go for that stuff.

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2008, 12:33 PM
And the offensive line had the same numbers as the current offensive line. And both quarterbacks had the same middle names and dated a girl named Betty Lou.

If you trust me, then there is no need to check my facts.

Sirus
8/24/2008, 01:35 PM
Also, Don't forget it was in Miami.

badger
8/24/2008, 01:54 PM
"Our last natl title" throughout the Big 12...

yes.

WRESTLING! Nyah nyah, we have more natl titles than you, fairweather fan cheatin' gooners!

:rolleyes:

Why that was with the great Vince Young. Of course, you guys at University of Texas - Norman would remember that as the year we did something you didn't: Beat USC! hahaha

:mad: we really need to beat texas and if possible, usc this year :mad:

We have Tom Osborne back, so our titles are coming back too... yes, we here in Nebraska are a polite bunch that applaud your attendance here... as we fall behind at halftime, but are still quite happy to see you! ...as the game falls further and further out of reach... BOOOO!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Poor huskers.

Does the Orange Bowl count, or should we just mention our awesome basketball team again? :D

Only if we get to mention our awesome basketball team after this coming season.

%$#@. %$#@. %$#@.

moving right along...

They did have that undefeated wrestler a few years back... and the other guys won in women's basketball I guess...

The year was 1939. The coach was the legendary Homer H. Norton and in a world at war for the second time...

Hey, the 90s weren't that long ago, buddy.

It gets longer ago every year.

Make it stop. Please, just make it stop. Power towels, 80s videos of an air guitar mascot and the losing. Make it go away. Make it 2003 again. Please?

:D I'm not sad to see them down after what they did to Jason White.

It's a good conference to be in, yes, but it's much better to be a Sooner :)

swardboy
8/24/2008, 02:09 PM
Coincidentally, we wore crimson and cream that year too....this is getting kinda creepy!!!!!

badger
8/24/2008, 02:10 PM
Coincidentally, we wore crimson and cream that year too....this is getting kinda creepy!!!!!

:D YMSSRA... just kidding. Have some green.

swardboy
8/24/2008, 02:20 PM
:D YMSSRA... just kidding. Have some green.

Great! That'll make up that neg you gave me over some spider reference a while back....Oh crap, I said "spider".:eek:

badger
8/24/2008, 02:21 PM
Great! That'll make up that neg you gave me over some spider reference a while back....Oh crap, I said "spider".:eek:

wtf... when was I talking about spiders... oh, I should probably use the search tool rather than post about it... searching...

EDIT: Search for "spider" results in no recollection of negging. However, there were some weird spider in bathroom posts recently that I missed :eek:

SoonerDood
8/24/2008, 03:27 PM

also it was the year after the Spurs won an NBA title. You're welcome, NP.

goingoneight
8/24/2008, 04:16 PM
OUr corners worse #15 and #2, along with a hybrid safety/corner/nickelback-type wearing #11, one of OUr stud linebackers wore #10, Bob Stoops and Brent Venables roamed the sidelines, we kicked Texass azz and teh Orange Bole was the site of the MNC.

Oh, yeah... and this year is '08... we're going for #8? Coincidence?
... prolly. :O

swardboy
8/24/2008, 08:37 PM
wtf... when was I talking about spiders... oh, I should probably use the search tool rather than post about it... searching...

EDIT: Search for "spider" results in no recollection of negging. However, there were some weird spider in bathroom posts recently that I missed :eek:

Well that's strange. I can't find it either. WHOA!!! I went delusional just BEFORE OUR LAST NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! HMMMMMM.........

badger
8/24/2008, 09:18 PM
Well that's strange. I can't find it either. WHOA!!! I went delusional just BEFORE OUR LAST NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! HMMMMMM.........

ok, swordboy. i was stranded for a few hours on a dead battery this morning, so if you're playin' games I'm not going to catch up until tomorrow, because i'm still fumed about that... but not at you. so please, let's not make that chance by teasing the poor baj, mkay?

soonermix
8/24/2008, 09:28 PM
ok, so i have one i couldnt help but notice. i'm not really huge on omens, but this does get my attention. I'm far down on the season ticket list (i dont donate because i'm already donating to my tuition twice a year there) However I have a few friends that have an extra season ticket for me. I decided not to buy one this year (school and 2 boys, 4 &1 will empty a wallet real quick!) The last season I did not have a season ticket?...................................2000

since you already said you don't have a ticket i will lay off for now however if we win the MNC this year ....

you my friend are never allowed to have a season ticket ever again
NO SOUP FOR YOU

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 09:42 PM
Sam will win the Heisman 3 times and we'll post 8, 9 and 10 before he graduates.

The rest of the Football World will hate us but will also kneel to OUr greatness.

:D

JLEW1818
8/24/2008, 09:53 PM
Sam will win the Heisman 3 times and we'll post 8, 9 and 10 before he graduates.

The rest of the Football World will hate us but will also kneel to OUr greatness.

:D

That would be the Sh*t.