PDA

View Full Version : They Are Having a Cow...

Piware
8/23/2008, 11:58 PM
or little sheep on Orange Power. If you saw College Gameday today
you may have noticed that the Big XII preview mentioned most every team in the conference except the Pokies, including their "Heisman contender" Zac Robinson.

The season is drawing nigh and some of them are going to explode with righteous indignation a week before anybody kicks off!

tommieharris91
8/24/2008, 12:23 AM
If Chattanooga were to somehow miraculously defeat OU, I think I'd drink harder in celebration than when we kick Washington State's ***.

Sorry. I know that's not the point of this thread, but I'm just saying.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=55703
post #11

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2008, 01:36 AM
My point is that traditional powerhouses are rapidly becoming average teams, and it's only a matter of time before OU, and Ohio State, etc. regularly lose 3-5 games a year.

I don't see a lot of difference now versus then. Who are the top choices of teams for this year? USC, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State... pretty much the traditional powerhouses. Look who has won the national titles this decade: Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, USC, Ohio State... pretty much the traditional powerhouses.

So where is the parity?

rainiersooner
8/24/2008, 02:47 AM
I would point everyone to Stewart Mandel's excellent article on football powerhouses, which, obviously, makes a mockery out of this guy's notion that the traditional powerhouses will soon lose 3-5 games a year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/08/08/cfb.bag/index.html

SoonerKnight
8/24/2008, 04:14 AM
Those pokes have been poked too much!! :eek: They got well it is not their heads in their arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cajun
8/24/2008, 09:19 AM
Gotta love the everyone is going to lose more to give OSU a chance not that they are going to win more.

stoopified
8/24/2008, 11:05 AM
Typical ag wetdreams.

Flagstaffsooner
8/24/2008, 12:35 PM
"Having a cow"? Freshman orientation date night already?
And BTW I didnt think you were allowed to do cows as a frosh, thats a soph thing.

Frosh, chickens and ducks
Soph, cows and pigs
Jrs, other pokes
Srs, sheep
Post Grads, TBoone

Big D Sooner
8/24/2008, 01:07 PM
I'm sure this has been talked about ad nauseum on this board before but I'm new so... what's the f'ing deal with Orange Power. Do they realize that OU actually enrolls ~30,000 students, so we can't all be "bandwagon" fans who didn't go to OU. Also, OU is a better academic institution (unless you are interested in certain majors like engineering). Lastly, you don't HAVE to be a graduate of a school to be a fan, just so long as you don't waiver back and forth between teams. If only graduates like your team it could be because there really isn't much to root for!

tommieharris91
8/24/2008, 01:10 PM
I'm sure this has been talked about ad nauseum on this board before but I'm new so... what's the f'ing deal with Orange Power. Do they realize that OU actually enrolls ~30,000 students, so we can't all be "bandwagon" fans who didn't go to OU. Also, OU is a better academic institution (unless you are interested in certain majors like engineering). Lastly, you don't HAVE to be a graduate of a school to be a fan, just so long as you don't waiver back and forth between teams. If only graduates like your team it could be because there really isn't much to root for!

Those pokie fans just think OU is a buncha athleetic teams. Most of them would rather see us lose than their own teams win, anyway.

badger
8/24/2008, 02:27 PM
I watched this show yesterday (and while I didn't think it merited a thread on its own, I did chime in when one Lou Holth declared Notre Dame an 11-win team). I was not impressed with their analysis. Lee Corso picked Mizzou to win the conference. The other two pickers, Lou Holtz and Kirk Herbie picked OU. I was rather hoping a Lou Pep Talk would appear sometime in the show, but I suppose they'll save that for one of the Thursday-Friday-early week game halftime shows.

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 02:56 PM
post #11

What a bunch of homos. :pop:

Big D Sooner
8/24/2008, 03:13 PM
What a bunch of homos. :pop:

I'm sure homosexuals would not appreciate being lumped in with them.

badger
8/24/2008, 03:39 PM
Instead of "homo" say "homers"
as in "kiss my homer" and "you're a homer hole."

It's easy, m'kay! :D

goingoneight
8/24/2008, 03:57 PM
I kent wate too c chatanuga beet uo if thay dont do it i no we wil thay play chatanuga cincinatti who was good last yeer washington i thenk we play them to i no well beet them beter than uo duz tcu beet them like for yeerz ago so thay wil beet them agen then u hav texas if we can't beet them with the moste powerfull offence in the werld i no uo kent with that sistum qb thay gots, ku 1 teh arnge bole so thale beet uo to then u no uo kent win a rode game so ksu wil beet them nebraska wil be beter so thale beet uo to then uo playz a and em, thay kent win a rode game so thale lose to them and the 1 loss texas teck team in snorman go i hate uo!!!!111!11!1 then its our first game of the yeer we shud be 13-0 comeng in to this 1 and well beet uo becuz we r better and uo will ose anuthr bcs game

post #11

fixed.

Cam
8/24/2008, 04:40 PM
Those pokie fans just think OU is a buncha athleetic teams. Most of them would rather see us lose than their own teams win, anyway.

This is the part that I just don't understand. Some of the Pokes at work were happier that OU lost to WVU than they were that they won their bowl game. I just don't understand that mentality.

goingoneight
8/24/2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe because their "bowl game" was an embarassment to be in in the first place?

fossil
8/24/2008, 08:12 PM
This is the part that I just don't understand. Some of the Pokes at work were happier that OU lost to WVU than they were that they won their bowl game. I just don't understand that mentality.

:) Because Stephen Hawking has a better chance of winning a gold medal on the pommel horse than OSU has of having a winning season. Ain't gonna happen, and they all hate OU because of it's tradition and winning program in football. The Aggies are just a bunch of hopeless losers!!!

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2008, 09:39 PM
I think OSU has a pretty good chance of having a winning season. Maybe you meant "winning the conference."

JohnnyMack
8/24/2008, 09:53 PM
Rarely in College Football do we find a vacuum left by a traditional power going super nova like OU did in the late 80s, what happened to Alabama, USC, Nebraska, Notre Dame and countless other of what we'd call the top 20 programs of all time. When that void does present itself rarely do we find a team able to carve out a lasting place in the pantheon of college football. Sure teams like Kansas State, Virginia Tech or Oregon have risen rapidly towards the top of the occasional final top 25 ranking but it's rare we find a team that kicks the door in and shows true staying power. Florida State and Miami are two that come to mind. Talking about either of those programs 30 years ago would have garnered blank stares by those who knew college football. What fans of programs such as osu often fail to truly appreciate is just how much they need someone bigger, better and more experienced than they are. While I applaud Oklahoma State's efforts of late I can't help but wonder how much of their fanbase truly gets it. More than let on I would imagine. Mt. Olympus didn't have a "Gods Wanted" sign hanging on a column for a reason.

St. Louis Sooner
8/25/2008, 09:14 AM
Oddly, there are a few OSU fans here in san looey, and I have had the pleasure of confronting them paraphrasing, " ... I would have respect for OSU IF they didn't make their whole season revolve around hating OU. I can understand rivalry, but to make OU the center of their world is just wrong ..." I go on to say that they just don't care about championships of any kind ... so how can i respect a program like that? How can they garner any respect if that is their sole purpose?

Fortunately, they listen instead of go pokie on me. :rolleyes:

BoBoHead
8/25/2008, 09:27 AM
I like that, OU is the center of the universe for OSU.

badger
8/25/2008, 09:29 AM
I would have respect for OSU IF they didn't make their whole season revolve around hating OU.

I hope some of our student consider this next time they were their anti-Texas gear all season long :rolleyes:

I know student living is poor living, but geez, go donate some blood and get a free t-shirt to wear instead.