PDA

View Full Version : The Day That Never Comes - New Metallica single

Boarder
8/23/2008, 07:35 PM
It's out now! Listen to it!

Boarder
8/23/2008, 07:36 PM
Actually, don't listen to it. It sucks bad. Hinder/Nickelback bad. Whatever tiny blip on the heart monitor that was there is officially gone.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/23/2008, 07:37 PM
i ve been over them since 96

Boarder
8/23/2008, 07:50 PM
There's always this tiny glimmer of hope. A minuscule thought that maybe, just maybe they can come back and throw out another Creeping Death. But alas, it is to be no more.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 08:02 PM
There's always this tiny glimmer of hope. A minuscule thought that maybe, just maybe they can come back and throw out another Creeping Death. But alas, it is to be no more.

That's still one of the best live songs out there.

I wish I still had my copy of Cliff 'Em All just so I could watch that clip again.

Well, I guess I wouldn't, because so far as I know it was only released on VHS, and I don't have anything that'll play one of those anymore.

But it was still cool.

Veritas
8/23/2008, 08:04 PM
Linkage?

Edit:
Answering my own question:
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 08:07 PM
Whoops. I guess it was released on DVD. I may have to break my "Don't buy anything from Metallica" barrier and pick it up.

Veritas
8/23/2008, 08:17 PM
I have to say it's much better than I expected. They've tried to get back to what made them great but...I supposed it's harder to be mad at the world when you're a multi-millionaire.

r5TPsooner
8/23/2008, 08:42 PM
They had two great albums...Ride The Lightning & Master of Puppets.

The rest were meh.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 08:43 PM
On the one hand, I want to give you some green. On the other, I want to give you some red for forgetting Kill 'Em All.

So, you know, there's that.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/23/2008, 08:44 PM
I've been listening to some old sevendust myself

r5TPsooner
8/23/2008, 08:49 PM
On the one hand, I want to give you some green. On the other, I want to give you some red for forgetting Kill 'Em All.

So, you know, there's that.

I stated great, not good.

soonerinabilene
8/23/2008, 09:48 PM
At least its not "St Anger" bad. More like Load and Reload bad, which I can at least tolerate.

Yeah, I said it. I can tolerate those two. Bleeding Me is a badass song.

Veritas
8/23/2008, 09:51 PM
After listening to it a few times, I've decided it should be retitled "The 'Good Part' That Never Comes."

MR2-Sooner86
8/24/2008, 01:45 AM

So what do you guys think? They say this album will bring us back to those Master of Puppet thrash days. I'm not seeing it. We'll find out however when the entire album is released.

tulsaoilerfan
8/24/2008, 02:23 AM
Already got one thread on this :)

MR2-Sooner86
8/24/2008, 02:39 AM

I'll blame it on being late and tired.

Cam
8/24/2008, 05:13 PM
Heard the song today on XM 51, all Metallica, all the time. Wasn't too impressed with the song myself. Am curious to hear the rest of the album.

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 06:12 PM
Linkage?

Edit:
Answering my own question:

Have they dubbed some sort of vinyl record skipping onto the track to make it sound old?

That ****ing blows.

It's over.

goingoneight
8/24/2008, 10:46 PM
"So I found Metallica on the beach one day and determined they were washed up."

soonermix
8/25/2008, 09:46 AM
I have to say it's much better than I expected. They've tried to get back to what made them great but...I supposed it's harder to be mad at the world when you're a multi-millionaire.

and sober?

NormanPride
8/25/2008, 10:17 AM
That song sucked. It was like Nickelback or Hinder.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/25/2008, 01:11 PM
The end of the song is pretty cool. Nice to hear a solo again. I heard Cyanide at Ozzfest. I think I like that song better, there's some cool bass guitar stuff on that song.

Boarder
8/25/2008, 02:19 PM
Live in the now, man....

Norm In Norman
8/25/2008, 10:21 PM
Wow boarder. You should have never created this thread. Now I'm depressed. That song sucked worse than - something that sucks really bad. There were a couple of OK musical parts. Anything with singing is pretty much the crap that crap craps after it eats crap's crap.

I guess they needed some extra money. Some 15 year old that thinks it's cool to like metallica will probably buy this.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/26/2008, 12:09 PM
Here's another song off the new album. Haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136

TheUnnamedSooner
8/27/2008, 01:49 PM
Alright I had a chance to listen to the other new song (My Apocalypse). I think it rocks! Kind of a mix from something off of Justice and Puppets.

NormanPride
8/27/2008, 02:32 PM
Haven't you heard? It's not cool to like them anymore.

TMcGee86
8/27/2008, 02:49 PM
Do you like Metallica? I've been a big fan ever since the release of their 1988 album, ...And Justice for All. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on the Master of Puppets where James Hetfield's presence became more apparent. I think The Black Album was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to The Unforgiven. In this song, James Hetfield addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Enter Sandman is the most moving pop song of the 1990s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Partial Qualifier
8/27/2008, 03:06 PM
ohmigawd.

colleyvillesooner
8/27/2008, 03:08 PM
The 2nd song sounds like someone trying to sound like Metallica.

Partial Qualifier
8/27/2008, 03:12 PM
no, seriously. Three posts up there ^^

Ohmigawd.

colleyvillesooner
8/27/2008, 03:14 PM
Do you like Metallica? I've been a big fan ever since the release of their 1988 album, ...And Justice for All. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on the Master of Puppets where James Hetfield's presence became more apparent. I think The Black Album was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to The Unforgiven. In this song, James Hetfield addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Enter Sandman is the most moving pop song of the 1990s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

heh.

I have to return some videotapes...

KC//CRIMSON
8/27/2008, 03:29 PM

I want you to clean your vagina.

NormanPride
8/27/2008, 03:31 PM
lawl

silverwheels
8/27/2008, 03:38 PM
Don't just stare at it! Eat it!

Norm In Norman
8/27/2008, 09:29 PM
Haven't you heard? It's not cool to like them anymore.

Thank god. I must be in the cool crowd then.

Norm In Norman
8/27/2008, 09:30 PM
Um - nevermind.