PDA

View Full Version : OU/Colorado 2007 Replay on FSN....

Sabanball
8/23/2008, 07:28 PM
right now. First time I've seen the game. How on EARTH did you guys lose this one??? It's 24-7, the good guys in the lead, with 8 mins to go in the 3rd qtr....Stranger things have happened, like my team losing to La Monroe last season--AT HOME.

RTR
BS

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 07:34 PM
right now. First time I've seen the game. How on EARTH did you guys lose this one??? It's 24-7, the good guys in the lead, with 8 mins to go in the 3rd qtr....

I haven't seen the game since it was played, I don't really remember what happened, but none of that is going to stop me from blaming Venables. :D

Sabanball
8/23/2008, 07:38 PM
I haven't seen the game since it was played, I don't really remember what happened, but none of that is going to stop me from blaming Venables. :D

The late hit call on Grisham with 12 mins to go in the fourth didn't help either...

soonerloyal
8/23/2008, 07:41 PM
They had more points at the end of the game.

Sabanball
8/23/2008, 07:44 PM
Colorado fans have always seemed obnoxious to me. Anybody remember the bottle-throwing incident a while back at an OU game there in Boulder? Seems like it was in the late eighties....

goingoneight
8/23/2008, 08:00 PM
None of OUr receivers could come up with a catch, and we muffed a punt for them to tie it up just when we thought we had just enough life left to pull it out.

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 08:01 PM
None of OUr receivers could come up with a catch, and we muffed a punt for them to tie it up just when we thought we had just enough life left to pull it out.

Was that the one Reggie muffed?

JLEW1818
8/23/2008, 08:14 PM
Was that the one Reggie muffed?

Yep......... mental mistake in my opinion.

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 08:16 PM
Yes. Most pissed I have been in a while.

I sorta remember that now, yup it was pretty much of a dumas move.

goingoneight
8/23/2008, 08:18 PM
Reggie was a solid corner, but a returnman, he just never was. The peak of his return career was a woulda-shoulda-coulda game-saving KOR against Orgeron and a TD against MTSU. This in three years.

I personally welcome Ryan Broyles with arms wide open to the PR duties this year.

JLEW1818
8/23/2008, 08:19 PM
Yep. Punt returning is not easy.

sooneron
8/23/2008, 09:36 PM
Yep......... mental mistake in my opinion.

This would be a slight understatement. He was well inside the 10 yard line. BIG NO NO. He had no reason to get anywhere near the ball.

sooner518
8/23/2008, 10:26 PM
what about JI's catch in the final minute on 3rd down that would have given us a first down within 10 yards of FG range that was reversed for some reason that is still unclear to me. Becuase they overturned that, we had to punt to those bastages

r5TPsooner
8/23/2008, 10:33 PM
what about JI's catch in the final minute on 3rd down that would have given us a first down within 10 yards of FG range that was reversed for some reason that is still unclear to me. Becuase they overturned that, we had to punt to those bastages

I honestly thought he caught that ball.

The refs, not so much.

That was a great game to watch as a fan until about 1/2 way thru the 3rd quarter then they just seemed to make plays and we just seemed to make mistake after mistake.

Jdog
8/23/2008, 11:26 PM
Colorado fans have always seemed obnoxious to me. Anybody remember the bottle-throwing incident a while back at an OU game there in Boulder? Seems like it was in the late eighties....

I lived in Boulder at the time, CU was the only big 8 stadium to sell beer during the games. as I remember a drunk student told the police that he was trying to throw a coke bottle at the BOZ (who was in the middle of the field) and he hit one of their cheerleaders in the head (who was on their side line).

They are an obnoxious bunch with a lot of pretense. I've found them to be on par with K State fans, as the worst fans in the big twelve.

In the 80's their fans didn't know how to handle the teams success - kind of like KSU in the late 90s.

sooner518
8/23/2008, 11:31 PM
I honestly thought he caught that ball.

The refs, not so much.

That was a great game to watch as a fan until about 1/2 way thru the 3rd quarter then they just seemed to make plays and we just seemed to make mistake after mistake.

as did I. It was ruled a catch on the field and overturned on replay to my amazement. I guess I shouldnt have been surprised

Sooner98
8/23/2008, 11:35 PM
Let's not forget the fact that, for some mind-boggling reason, we failed to throw the ball in the direction of our all-conference, NFL-caliber wide receiver, even one time. Not just that he didn't have any receptions for the game, but we didn't try to throw him the ball - not even ONE FREAKING TIME all game. :confused:

okcusooner
8/24/2008, 04:00 PM
I'm surprised this didn't receive more attention.

There was no camera angle shown that came anywhere near indisputable proof that Iglesias did not catch the ball.

It appears to be another case of human error and the worst kind possible. At its core, the review process demands an official that has the guts to make a call that will upset the 80,000 home fans. That replay official failed miserably and gave in to the pressure and suggestion of the fans.

goingoneight
8/24/2008, 04:06 PM
Yep. Punt returning is not easy.

It's one of the more difficult things to do, but it's not difficult to pay attention to where you're standing and know when you should and shouldn't field a punt. Although that punt Reggie muffed could have ended up inside the 10 if he let it go, and worst case scenario, we go three and out, at least we're punting it and making them earn their way to the endzone. I think even where we stood, we could have ate some major time off the clock if that fumble never happened. I also think the game goes to OT if they gave Juaqin the catch everyone who watched the game knows he made for the first down. I still can't believe how everyone blames Venables and the defense knowing full well what Reggie did, and the call on Iglesias's first down overruled. Those were just nails in the coffin for an already tired and injury-ridden defense.

PhilTLL
8/24/2008, 04:10 PM
Dear Sabanball, you putting "BS" at the end of your posts is BS indeed. I thought the nauseating Bama lovefest with OU stopped at least 3 years ago. When does annoying tagalong same-colored cousin plan to regain football prominence and leave us alone? (Yeah, I'm THAT guy... :) )

badger
8/24/2008, 04:13 PM
right now. First time I've seen the game. How on EARTH did you guys lose this one??? It's 24-7, the good guys in the lead, with 8 mins to go in the 3rd qtr....Stranger things have happened, like my team losing to La Monroe last season--AT HOME.

RTR
BS

You know, this is ALMOST the equivalent of us bringing up any of the last six Alabama-Auburn matchups and asking YOU how you lost them all. :mad:

;)

Boomer Mooner
8/24/2008, 08:30 PM
I listened to that damn game in my garage on Sirius radio. After the game was over the announcers went on and on how they weren't surprised at all, OU wasn't nearly as good as the Buff's in so many ways, Sooners were way overrated and should have been paying to attention to Colorado's greatness, blah, blah...

Sirius is good to have so you can listen to the games wherever you are, but it's tough when they plug in to the homer network. I was sorely tempted to take a hammer to my radio.

Dan Thompson
8/24/2008, 09:59 PM
When the score was 24-10 and Colorado was in the red zone, Lofton got his hands on a pass, but fumbled it when he hit the ground. I thought he had it and the ground caused the fumble. I thought it was a bad call.

The next play colorado scored to make it 24-17 and we know the rest.

soonersweetie
8/24/2008, 10:08 PM
ugh, I really want to forget that game.

Who will be returning punts for us this year?