r5TPsooner
8/23/2008, 12:19 PM
Vote away.

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 12:22 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

r5TPsooner
8/23/2008, 12:23 PM
I think that Mr. Hair Plugs is a great choice... for the Republicans!

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 12:23 PM
As someone who wants Brack to not do so well...

...I think it's a fine choice.

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 12:27 PM
If Obama would picked Ronald Reagan's corpse as VP, I'm sure the right would even criticized that. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 12:28 PM
If Obama would picked Ronald Reagan's corpse as VP, I'm sure the right would even criticized that. :rolleyes:

Well duh, Brack would still be on the ticket right?

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 12:30 PM
I don't think you can nominate dead guys for VP, so yes, I'm sure there would be some people opposed to it.

badger
8/23/2008, 12:42 PM
Ok, vote splanation:

A vote for Hillary this past primary election was not a vote against Obama. Rather, a vote for Obama seemed to be more of a vote against Hillary - a vote for Edwards, for Biden, for Richardson was not a vote against Obama or Hillary, but a vote for those respective candidates.

With that in mind, Hillary is a bad choice, because the people that made Obama their choice have already said 'no' to Hillary. Edwards, obviously, is out of the question, so it came down to whether Biden made Obama more electable or not.

I don't think it does, so I'm the lone 'no' voter. Richardson makes Obama more electable (Hispanic voters did not vote strongly for Obama in the primary). Someone from a swing state like Kansas would have made him more electable. Biden from Delaware? Not really.

SCOUT
8/23/2008, 12:45 PM
Ok, vote splanation:

A vote for Hillary this past primary election was not a vote against Obama. Rather, a vote for Obama seemed to be more of a vote against Hillary - a vote for Edwards, for Biden, for Richardson was not a vote against Obama or Hillary, but a vote for those respective candidates.

With that in mind, Hillary is a bad choice, because the people that made Obama their choice have already said 'no' to Hillary. Edwards, obviously, is out of the question, so it came down to whether Biden made Obama more electable or not.

I don't think it does, so I'm the lone 'no' voter. Richardson makes Obama more electable (Hispanic voters did not vote strongly for Obama in the primary). Someone from a swing state like Kansas would have made him more electable. Biden from Delaware? Not really.

I voted no as well. Biden may be able to deliver Delaware and I have heard Pennsylvania too The problem I think he presents is that he negates most of Baracks critique of McCain. He is an insider, out of touch, old, etc.

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 12:50 PM
Biden started his Congressional career while McCain was still in the Hanoi Hilton.

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 12:54 PM
Biden started his Congressional career while McCain was still in the Hanoi Hilton.

So McCain is qualified to run a hotel, not a country.

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 12:57 PM
So McCain is qualified to run a hotel, not a country.

Are you smokin' crack today? Your posts are getting lamer and more nonsensical with each one.

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 12:59 PM
Are you smokin' crack today? Your posts are getting lamer and more nonsensical with each one.

When we were younger, like say 14 and 11, when we would get into it my little brother acted the same way.

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 01:02 PM
I liked how you tied his POW status to Biden's congressional career, the two which have nothing to do with one another. That is what I was referring to earlier as a wearing his military service on his sleeve, if his military record is not allowed to be examined then it shouldn't be used as a political tool either........thx for the example.

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 01:09 PM
I liked how you tied his POW status to Biden's congressional career, the two which have nothing to do with one another. That is what I was referring to earlier as a wearing his military service on his sleeve, if his military record is not allowed to be examined then it shouldn't be used as a political tool either........thx for the example.

Nah, I was just pointing out that Biden has been a Washington insider for-****ing-ever. Time frame reference is all it was. Maybe you need a new Jump to Conclusions mat.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 01:10 PM
Ok, vote splanation:

Kansas isn't going to vote for Obama no matter who's on the ticket.

Hispanic voters are overwhelmingly polling for Obama right now.

Biden from Delaware locks up Pennsylvania, where he's massively popular. He also influences the blue-collar vote as well as Catholics.

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 01:12 PM
Nah, I was just pointing out that Biden has been a Washington insider for-****ing-ever.
I agree, but considering what he had to choose from........had to take the good with the bad.

Mixer!
8/23/2008, 01:18 PM
Biden from Delaware locks up Pennsylvania, where he's massively popular. He also influences the blue-collar vote as well as Catholics.
Pennsylvania was in danger of slipping from the D column to the R column?

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 01:22 PM

Only a three point lead for Obama in PA as of the latest poll I've seen. Then again, it was Rassmussen, so take it with a grain of salt.

Mixer!
8/23/2008, 01:24 PM
Jeezus, if that's all it took to make BHO choose Biden, then he's got more problems than I've realized.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 01:26 PM
Jeezus, if that's all it took to make BHO choose Biden, then he's got more problems than I've realized.

Who said that was the only reason he picked him? That seems to be an odd thing to take out of this exchange.

StoopTroup
8/23/2008, 01:41 PM
What about the "it won't matter because McCain will win by a landslide" choice?

Man you republicans have given up easy. :D

Mixer!
8/23/2008, 01:47 PM
Who said that was the only reason he picked him? That seems to be an odd thing to take out of this exchange.

Just going from what you posted previously. It just appeared odd that this could've been one of the reasons why he might've been chosen to be his VP. Pennsylvania has been solidly in the D column for the last few elections, so if this was done in part to keep it from going to the GOP, then that suggests there isn't a lot of broad support among the D's for their nominee.

StoopTroup
8/23/2008, 01:49 PM
If he wanted Broad support...he shoulda chose HRC. :D

You have to plan ahead if your going for all the tomatos.

http://www.tomatocasual.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bras-support-tomatoes.bmp

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2008, 02:03 PM

At least John F'n Kerry was in uniform; writing himself up for medals and creating self inflicted wounds during that time as well. :)

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2008, 02:04 PM
...as for the topic, the more things "change" the more things stay the same.

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 02:42 PM

Lets focus on what's important though: Obama sure can talk pretty.

...oh yeah, and he's got 3-point range. :D

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 02:44 PM

We know when we've been licked. :D

No pun intended.

r5TPsooner
8/23/2008, 02:45 PM

Most of the Republicans on the board just got home from golf, cigars & brandy, and watching the Mesicans doing the landscaping at the country club.

We'll retort shortly after the mistress leaves.:D

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 02:47 PM
Most of the Republicans on the board just got home from golf, cigars & brandy, and watching the Mesicans doing the landscaping at the country club.

We'll retort shortly after the mistress leaves.:D

Damn it, why'd you let that out. :O

Whet
8/23/2008, 03:08 PM
Biden - perfect choice!

Imagine some of his wildly original speeches:

"To be, or not to be. That is the question."

"Four score and seven years ago..."

"Mr. Putin, tear down this wall..."

"Ask not what the country can do for....."

Just imagine!

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 03:12 PM
Biden - perfect choice!

Imagine some of his wildly original speeches:

"To be, or not to be. That is the question."

"Four score and seven years ago..."

"Mr. Putin, tear down this wall..."

"Ask not what the country can do for....."

Just imagine!

Don't worry, Brack's already told him: "you just shut up and let me do all the talking." You know, then Brack explains to him how he's built his campaign around being a pretty talker. ;)

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 03:50 PM
this election will be won in the rust belt. McCain wants to choose ridge, but the moonbats on the religious right won't allow it. McCain will be forced to choose Romney or my dark horse, John Thune, who would shore up the conservative base (to McCains disdain) and serve as the future face of the party.

SoonerStormchaser
8/23/2008, 05:30 PM
In my biased, conservative opinion, I think this was a politically dumb move by O'Bomba.

Biden only really brings his foreign policy expertise to the table. OTOH, he opens the ticket up for criticism because he's a long-term Washington insider on a ticket that promises change and non-insider politics. It'd be like McCain announcing Trent Lott as his running mate...appointing a "yes sir" Republican to the ticket after running his whole platform as a "maverick."

BHO should've gone after either Bayh or Kaine (sp?) because both have the clout in their respective states to win their crucial electoral votes for him...Deleware is so solidly blue, the people there are probably smurfs!

mdklatt
8/23/2008, 09:05 PM

They say that PA is Pittsburgh and Philadelphia with Alabama in between.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/23/2008, 09:26 PM
this election will be won in the rust belt. McCain wants to choose ridge, but the moonbats on the religious right won't allow it. McCain will be forced to choose Romney or my dark horse, John Thune, who would shore up the conservative base (to McCains disdain) and serve as the future face of the party.Thune is a "Gang of 10" guy on that Senate oil drilling fiasco. McCain wouldn't be best served to choose Thune. But, it wouldn't hurt him very badly. I think most repubs would vote for McCain, even if Hellery is his VP choice. (Wouldn't that be a wild trip?!?!?)

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 09:40 PM
Thune is a "Gang of 10" guy on that Senate oil drilling fiasco. McCain wouldn't be best served to choose Thune. But, it wouldn't hurt him very badly. I think most repubs would vote for McCain, even if Hellery is his VP choice. (Wouldn't that be a wild trip?!?!?)

I think at this point in the game he has to go with someone well known. He doesn't have much time left and to announce someone the American people aren't familiar with a day or two before the R convention starts would be dangerous. I think if he was going to go with someone like Thune, Pawlenty, etc. that he would have done it back before the Olympics started to give the people time to get to know him and let him get some exposure. Since he'll have about 72 hours in which to announce his candidate before the convention starts I say it's someone with name recognition. And I think the name that can do the most damage on the Economy front and that can possibly crack the NE lockdown that Biden hopes to offer McCain is Romney.

8/23/2008, 10:04 PM
I think at this point in the game he has to go with someone well known. He doesn't have much time left and to announce someone the American people aren't familiar with a day or two before the R convention starts would be dangerous. I think if he was going to go with someone like Thune, Pawlenty, etc. that he would have done it back before the Olympics started to give the people time to get to know him and let him get some exposure. Since he'll have about 72 hours in which to announce his candidate before the convention starts I say it's someone with name recognition. And I think the name that can do the most damage on the Economy front and that can possibly crack the NE lockdown that Biden hopes to offer McCain is Romney.McCain would have a landslide victory with Romney as his VP.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 10:06 PM
McCain would have a landslide victory with Romney as his VP.

I wonder what the combined net worth of those two is? Wonder if that'll come into play.

8/23/2008, 10:11 PM
I wonder what the combined net worth of those two is? Wonder if that'll come into play.One of the many lines of attack that will come into play in the MSM.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 10:15 PM
They might also have a contest to see which one of them flip flops more.

8/23/2008, 10:26 PM
They might also have a contest to see which one of them flip flops more.As long as the flop is to the correct way of thinking, I'm not so concerned about the flip. (if the flop is good on just about any issue, that will put them up on Obama by at least that number of total issues)
Now, if McCain would just get rid of that stupid McCain-Feingold law.