PDA

View Full Version : Obama picks Biden

Crimsontothecore
8/22/2008, 11:59 PM
CNN is reporting Obama will name Joe Biden as VP
Interesting

Jerk
8/23/2008, 12:05 AM
Isn't Biden the one who said that Obama was a 'clean cut and articulate black man' or something like that?

Anyway, I think it's a ruse. Obama can't be this stupid.

Rogue
8/23/2008, 12:10 AM
Isn't Biden the one who said that Obama was a 'clean cut and articulate black man' or something like that?

Anyway, I think it's a ruse. Obama can't be this stupid.

Yup, it comes down to him or a lady who suggested he'll be assassinated.

Jerk
8/23/2008, 12:16 AM
Yup, it comes down to him or a lady who suggested he'll be assassinated.

Yeah, I was waiting for him to accidentally fall down an elevator shaft if after he picked Hillary.

Would you trust that woman?

I wouldn't.

JLEW1818
8/23/2008, 12:25 AM
I don't trust any democrats !! haha

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/23/2008, 12:25 AM
Being called "Clean" by Biden is what must have impressed the Obamas.

Jerk
8/23/2008, 12:56 AM
Well, at least Obama has Delaware locked up now.

8/23/2008, 01:00 AM
Well, at least Obama has Delaware locked up now.Ah, Blue Hens football! Who do they play in their opener?

yermom
8/23/2008, 02:04 AM
wrinkly old white dude...

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 02:08 AM
Prediction:

In about a week, McCain will trot out Romney, and all the Democrats (probably me included) will talk about what an uninspiring pick it is and what a ****** he is.

I mean, really, most of the people posting in this thread would have said almost the exact same things if he'd have picked the ghost of Ronald Reagan-and we'd say the same thing if McCain picked the ghost of JFK.

Rogue
8/23/2008, 03:05 AM
Biden is supposed to bring Pennsylvania and kick some *** in the debates, bring foreign policy experience, and has a great smile.

Wonder of the text message folk are pissed? I doubt it matters to them if they are BO supporters.

Mike, I dunno. I think both of these guys have legitimate appeal to the middle of the road unaffiliated independents. I know that JM is about my favorite R and some of the new age African American R's are really torn now.
I've never voted for a VP anyhow.

olevetonahill
8/23/2008, 04:24 AM
Prediction:

In about a week, McCain will trot out Romney, and all the Democrats (probably me included) will talk about what an uninspiring pick it is and what a ****** he is.

I mean, really, most of the people posting in this thread would have said almost the exact same things if he'd have picked the ghost of Ronald Reagan-and we'd say the same thing if McCain picked the ghost of JFK.

I Disagree Mike . I could not Care less who the Veep Is . Yall Libs and Cons Talk all the shat ya want .
Its a Fact when the Voters Go in that little Booth they Gone a Vote JM
You Know it I know it .
:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
8/23/2008, 05:43 AM
Really did Pick Biden :cool:
Like I care

olevetonahill
8/23/2008, 05:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/veepstakes

olevetonahill
8/23/2008, 05:50 AM
Sory But I think My Lib friends here Just lost all Hope :D

olevetonahill
8/23/2008, 05:52 AM
Brack May Be the best thing since Shirt pokets and Sliced Bread. The american People Black or white aint Ready yet
Yall Look for a Landslide to JSM ok ?
;)

olevetonahill
8/23/2008, 06:24 AM
You lIBS gO GURLS
:D

Flagstaffsooner
8/23/2008, 06:27 AM
Donks like to pick things. Most of them are not good.
http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Nose%20Picking%20Hillary.jpg

olevetonahill
8/23/2008, 06:31 AM
Donks like to pick things. Most of them are not good.
http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Nose%20Picking%20Hillary.jpg

Y ought Not Pic On Chase :D

Crimsontothecore
8/23/2008, 07:22 AM
I believe the running mate choices of both candidates will have a bigger impact on who gets elected than maybe in any election in recent history.

Both of these candidates have issues that make a lot of people think that neither will finish a term. McCain is old and has health issues and, unfortunately, our society is not free of racism and there is probably no shortage of nut cases who would act out if a black man is elected president.

Preservation Parcels
8/23/2008, 07:35 AM
Well, at least Obama has Delaware locked up now.

On behalf of intelligent Delawareans, I apologize that he ever got this far.

Delaware is such a small state that everyone knows everyone. Having seen him around here for years, he reminds me of the Grinch, and he's just as sleezy. Be ready for someone to steal your Christmas.

King Crimson
8/23/2008, 07:44 AM
like i mentioned earlier on, if retreads like McCain and Biden are finding the sun finally shining on their backside....i bet the equally uninspirational longtime fellow also-ran, Dickie Gephardt must be wondering "what if"?

what's next for these guys who have been passed over by the public for 20 years, coaching in the NFL? that's where being a re-tread really comes into its own. not sure what it says that we're dealing with tickets composed of yesteryears leftovers but it ain't good.

i think Romney could help McCain since it pulls the "i'm gonna take my ball and go home" self-slogan type True Reagan Conservatives (tm) off the fence a little and you get the "we're gonna sit this one out for *philosophical* reasons" (LOL) faux-aloof type Ann Coulter slash and burn hatchets back on attack....which ought to be worth 5% in trashing the concept of moderate so principled is the public today.

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2008, 07:58 AM
Text message was sent at 3:00 am ET. Thats kinda ****ty...

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 08:02 AM
yeah, I hope McCain picks Romney.

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 08:09 AM
No surprise really....

swardboy
8/23/2008, 08:34 AM
Northeast liberal...36 years in Washington....made very cutting remarks in the primary debates about BHO's inexperience....trunkfull of stupid remarks (Indian accents in 7/11's, "clean" black man..).....praised John McCain as next President if he didn't win it.....

Yeah, Repubs are pretty happy about this.

StoopTroup
8/23/2008, 08:47 AM
So...

Which ticket sounds better to you?

O'Biden?

JoeBama?

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 08:48 AM
Let's go with Joebama :D

Veritas
8/23/2008, 09:21 AM
Actually, I'd find myself voting for him. I've been planning to write-in Reagan since it became clear McCain was going to take the Repub nomination, the punchline being that a corpse could do a better job than either candidate. ;)

Sooner98
8/23/2008, 09:44 AM
On behalf of intelligent Delawareans, I apologize that he ever got this far.

Delaware is such a small state that everyone knows everyone. Having seen him around here for years, he reminds me of the Grinch, and he's just as sleezy. Be ready for someone to steal your Christmas.

http://www.smokingtree.net/images/wayne3.jpg

"Hi. I'm in Delaware."

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 09:44 AM
Actually, I'd find myself voting for him. I've been planning to write-in Reagan since it became clear McCain was going to take the Repub nomination, the punchline being that a corpse could do a better job than either candidate. ;)

With the McCain/Romney ticket you have a corpse and an undertaker. Perfect!

Veritas
8/23/2008, 09:55 AM
With the McCain/Romney ticket you have a corpse and an undertaker. Perfect!
Actually, I think a McCain/Undertaker ticket would be awesomeness.

http://www.kidzites.com/images/Undertaker%20Front.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
8/23/2008, 09:55 AM
Biden did a good job running the Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas Senate Confirmation circuses. And he voted NAY on both.

I still haven't forgiven Boren for voting to confirm Bork and Thomas.

badger
8/23/2008, 09:57 AM
I can't say I saw this coming. I knew that a Hillary choice would have been a death sentence, but I assumed he would go with someone from a more battleground state for strategy. For those of you that don't know, Senator Biden is from Delaware :D:D:D

He definitely has experience, no question. He got elected when he was in his 20s to the Senate and I think he's been in for about 25 years. Then again, voters rejected him once (he was in the presidential running earlier too), so why would they accept him now?

Any resident Dem's wanna comment on their thoughts?

Veritas
8/23/2008, 10:05 AM
Any resident Dem's wanna comment on their thoughts?Mack, Rich, cuba, that's your cue. :)

Biden seems a poor choice to me, but I'm a Libertardian so the Dem perspective may be different.

8/23/2008, 10:08 AM
When Biden grilled Rumsfeld, he proved himself a capable attorney.

Take that as you will.

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 10:11 AM
Mack, Rich, cuba, that's your cue. :)

Biden seems a poor choice to me, but I'm a Libertardian so the Dem perspective may be different.

The spin machine is gonna need to work overtime on this one. Biden is a retread never has been.

GrapevineSooner
8/23/2008, 10:13 AM
Personally, I think Evan Bayh would have been a better choice.

8/23/2008, 10:18 AM
Personally, I think Evan Bayh would have been a better choice.Have HOPE! Maybe the anointed one will change his mind, and go for your guy?!?!?

GrapevineSooner
8/23/2008, 10:21 AM
My guy?

OklahomaTuba
8/23/2008, 10:30 AM
Plugs got the nod.

Figures "The One" would select a loose liped northeast liberal to moderate him some.

He can say goodbye to the south with this pick.

OklahomaTuba
8/23/2008, 10:34 AM
“You were asked, ‘Is he (Obama) ready?’” the moderator, ABC’sGeorge Stephanopoulous, says to Biden. “You said, ‘I think he can be ready but right now, I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training,’”

“I think that I stand by the statement,” Biden responds, with Obama standing to his right on the stage.

I guess he didn't really mean that. Oops.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/23/2008, 10:37 AM
On McCain:

Biden, on a post-debate appearance on MSNBC, October 30, 2007: "The only guy on the other side who's qualified is John McCain."

Biden appearing on The Daily Show, August 2, 2005: "John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off, be well off no matter who..."

On Meet the Press, November 27, 2005: "I've been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that."

badger
8/23/2008, 10:37 AM
I love your Einstein quote, Tuba :) Remember when scientists used to credit their creator for their knowledge instead of... um... evolution or something? :D

On that note, there was actually a dude from Norman/Moore who went to work for the Biden campaign shortly after losing in 06 to John Sparks for the Senate seat, so that's how long Biden's been working toward this campaign at least. Obama seemed to be a late bloomer in that regard, not that it seemed to hurt him at all.

Perhaps Biden was preparing to be a VP candidate as opposed to a presidential candidate - get his name in early and often so that he could participate in the debates and meet the potential winners. This is what I think Gore had in mind during his 80s runs for president.

Any word on McCain's running mate? No offense to Delaware (I have relatives there), but it doesn't look like Obamanator set the bar too high.

badger
8/23/2008, 10:39 AM
Oh, this is funny (http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/08/23/politics/horserace/entry4376825.shtml). McCain's already trashing the new guy :)

EDIT: This is also a funny Biden moment:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FpPR4VPt47I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FpPR4VPt47I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry for the double post in advance.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 10:48 AM

I'm not a Democrat.

Okla-homey
8/23/2008, 10:50 AM
CNN is reporting Obama will name Joe Biden as VP
Interesting

so much for "change." :rolleyes:

badger
8/23/2008, 10:50 AM
I'm not a Democrat.

Must have gotten confused with you location being the blue dot... why isn't it a RED dot, then ;)

King Crimson
8/23/2008, 10:53 AM
i guess the Dems figgered Obama was most vulnerable on the "experience" angle and Biden's place on the Foreign Affairs Committee is supposed to supplement Obama's relative inexperience overseas.

i don't think it's a inspirational choice--but, a safe play.

i also don't think Biden's quotes about Obama's experience in the primary are that big a deal. Bush Sr. was all over Reaganomics in the 80 GOP primary--the famous "voodoo" quote. it happens.

though, the plagiarism angle seems to balance out. in 88 Biden ripped off Lincoln or someone, i forget. too lazy to look it up.

Soonerpsycho
8/23/2008, 10:55 AM
Am I the only one detecting a pattern here?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/spfarksandpics/obamabiden.jpg

;)

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 10:56 AM

badger
8/23/2008, 10:57 AM
When someone's put things so eloquently before, why mess with perfection? They say intimidation is the best form of flattery, after all.

r5TPsooner
8/23/2008, 11:07 AM
so much for "change." :rolleyes:

You didn't really buy into that pile of BS did ya?

BTW, Congrats to the Democrats on such a solid choice for VP.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 11:09 AM
I wanted Bayh.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 11:30 AM
I cant wait until McCorpse rolls out Romney and the Rs are forced to vote for a flip flopping cultist. It's gonna rule.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 11:41 AM

Postives:

Catholic (a swing bloc that Obama's had some trouble with. Shouldn't matter, but it does.)
Brings Pennsylvania solidly to Obama (Biden's from Scranton and is very popular in PA)
Strong foreign policy credentials-notice he was asked by the Georgian president to help out.
Voting record for the most part in alignment with the campaign message with some glaring exceptions.
Comfortable on the attack

Negatives:

Shoots his mouth off a lot.
Plagiarized a speech 20 years ago and lied about his class standing in law school.
Washington insider muddles the Change message.
Said some things about Obama in the primaries that weren't complimentary. (See: shoots his mouth off.)

Overall, I think he was the best pick of the short list. He has more upside than any of them. He also brings an element of risk that the others didn't.

GrapevineSooner
8/23/2008, 11:53 AM
Postives:

Catholic (a swing bloc that Obama's had some trouble with. Shouldn't matter, but it does.)
Brings Pennsylvania solidly to Obama (Biden's from Scranton and is very popular in PA)
Strong foreign policy credentials-notice he was asked by the Georgian president to help out.
Voting record for the most part in alignment with the campaign message with some glaring exceptions.
Comfortable on the attack

Probably Biden's strongest suit.

I think Pennsylvania would have gone blue regardless of who Obama picked as his running. From that standpoint, I think Bayh would have been a better pick.

Of course, I'd also have to concede that he'd lose the foreign policy experience that Biden will bring to the ticket.

Still, Biden's own complimentary words for McCain and strong words against Obama from during the primary season are going to hinder the campaign.

Not to mention, no Democratic Presidential ticket has won without a Southerner on the ticket since 1940.

badger
8/23/2008, 11:53 AM
You know, when you deleted that thread, I also got the spek deleted from that thread too :mad:

Bad for me, probably good for others :D

PhilTLL
8/23/2008, 11:57 AM
I love your Einstein quote, Tuba :) Remember when scientists used to credit their creator for their knowledge instead of... um... evolution or something? :D

Except Einstein never did. Probe a little further and I don't think you'll find a lot of good religion-supporting quotes to mine from Einstein. Which is good, as the man hated to be boiled down to pithy quotations, especially by either side on "religion". See this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein#Religious_views) for more.

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal god and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Edit: Derailed a bit from the topic, but I just had to, because the Einstein thing is a personal pet peeve. So uh...Joe Biden, huh?

badger
8/23/2008, 11:59 AM
Derailed a bit from the topic, but I just had to, because the Einstein thing is a personal pet peeve. So uh...Joe Biden, huh?

Yes indeedy you did, but it's not like that didn't already happen on South Oval this morning :mad:

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 12:00 PM
Said some things about Obama in the primaries that weren't complimentary. (See: shoots his mouth off.)

I saw that, the Republicans hand delivered a tape of that to all the news organizations this morning. But Biden can easily dismiss those remarks as political rhetoric and also how John McCain of 2008 is not the same man of 2000.

SanJoaquinSooner
I just can't see Biden making a difference for a voter whose decision is based on foreign policy.

soonerscuba
Bayh would be the choice in a heartbeat if the gov. of Indiana was a Dem. While they expect to pick up seats this fall, I don't think the party would be down with trading out a Senator to the Republicans for the VP office.

Biden is a solid, but safe choice. I would have liked to see Chet Edwards, but I'm OK with this one.

soonerscuba
8/23/2008, 12:02 PM
And for all of the balleyhoo of elections and delivering states, Dick Cheney was elected VP twice, voters clearly don't give a **** about who the VP is.

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 12:05 PM
And for all of the balleyhoo of elections and delivering states, Dick Cheney was elected VP twice, voters clearly don't give a **** about who the VP is.

It most cases perhaps, but the false attack of lack of experience and the foreign policy lackings perceived are pretty much blunted now by this choice.

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 12:07 PM
Northeast liberal...36 years in Washington....made very cutting remarks in the primary debates about BHO's inexperience....trunkfull of stupid remarks (Indian accents in 7/11's, "clean" black man..).....praised John McCain as next President if he didn't win it.....

Yeah, Repubs are pretty happy about this.

Yes I am. :D

PhilTLL
8/23/2008, 12:07 PM
It most cases perhaps, but the false attack of lack of experience and the foreign policy lackings perceived are pretty much blunted now by this choice.

What about the omg commie-black secret-muslim-and-radical-christian terrist part?!?!? Huh??

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 12:08 PM
What about the omg commie-black secret-muslim-and-radical-christian terrist part?!?!? Huh??

That's still in effect. :)

soonersn20xx
8/23/2008, 12:09 PM

Oh, those smears..........well he can fight back on the same low road I suppose. ;)

PhilTLL
8/23/2008, 12:10 PM
That's still in effect. :)

:rolleyes:

Edit: Hey, his actual eyes don't roll anymore. Er, did they even used to?

Edit edit: Sorry, I'll try to be more productive. McCain will have to pick a solid speaker for his nom, or risk getting demolished in the VP debates.

OklahomaTuba
8/23/2008, 12:46 PM
Biden knows all about getting demolished.

Northeast liberals don't do well in national elections. Donks havn't seemed to figure this one out yet thankfully.

Anyone mention how pro-war Biden was? That should really hurt him with the lunatic anti-American left who cries for retreat and isolationism.

StoopTroup
8/23/2008, 02:02 PM
At least Obama hasn't ridden in a tank or a boat.

It's still early though. :D

http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/dukakis.gifhttp://www.motherjones.com/news/update/2004/02/kerry_war_01_160x130.jpg

Or invented the internet. :D

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/petesarah/TheInternet.jpg

GrapevineSooner
8/23/2008, 02:17 PM
Has he appeared in a space suit?

KC//CRIMSON
8/23/2008, 03:13 PM
wrinkly old white dude...

If McCain has sex with an intern, it won't be a scandal. It'll be a miracle!

Whet
8/23/2008, 04:10 PM
joe:

"In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

"I think I have a much higher IQ than you do."

... in 1987, Biden was riding high in the presidential race -- widely regarded as a serious contenders for the Democratic party's nod. Then Neil Kinnock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil%20Kinnock)happened. Biden borrowed passages of a speech given by Kinnock (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE5D61139F930A25752C0A96E9482 60), a leader in Britain's Labour Party, without attribution -- a mistake that led to a detailed examination of Biden's public statements that turned up several more examples of potential plagiarism and resume inflation. The feeding frenzy eventually chased the Delaware senator from the race.

The central tenet of Obama's campaign message is that if Americans want to change their government, then they have to change the people they send to Washington.
Picking Biden, who has served in the Senate for the better part of the last four decades, seems to run counter to that core message. Biden was elected to the Senate at age 29 and spent only four years after graduating from Syracuse Law School in 1968 working in the private sector before entering public life.

8/23/2008, 06:02 PM
I cant wait until McCorpse rolls out Romney and the Rs are forced to vote for a flip flopping cultist. It's gonna rule.This coming from a non-democrat.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 06:08 PM
This coming from a non-democrat.

I noticed how the republicans have been silent on this thread.

Okla-homey
8/23/2008, 06:09 PM
I can't say I saw this coming. I knew that a Hillary choice would have been a death sentence, but I assumed he would go with someone from a more battleground state for strategy. For those of you that don't know, Senator Biden is from Delaware :D:D:D

He definitely has experience, no question. He got elected when he was in his 20s to the Senate and I think he's been in for about 25 years. Then again, voters rejected him once (he was in the presidential running earlier too), so why would they accept him now?

Any resident Dem's wanna comment on their thoughts?

he was twice rejected. This year and in 1988. The folks thought he was a little too slippery.

That said, if BHO is smart, he'll let Biden beat on JSM because it won't **** of folks over 35 as much since Biden and JSM are both old and wrinkly. ;)

BHO loses cool points when he's perceived as slapping around a war hero. My guess is that is precisely why he went with Joe.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 06:11 PM
he was twice rejected. This year and in 1988. The folks thought he was a little too slippery.

That said, if BHO is smart, he'll let Biden beat on JSM because it won't **** of folks over 35 as much since Biden and JSM are both old and wrinkly. ;)

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. Though Biden and McCain are pretty collegial in "real" life, Biden's pretty good at hammering on people.

"Noun. Verb. 9/11."

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 06:13 PM
Will it bother you solid, morally upstanding Christian folk to vote for a cultist when Romney is announced?

Okla-homey
8/23/2008, 06:15 PM

No, if you recall, Dick Cheney was spun by the donks, and thus generally perceived by most voters, as the guy who controlled the marionette in the Oval Office. And people were comfortable with that. Twice in fact.

Remember. W is an imbecile. You gotta stick to the script.

Turd_Ferguson
8/23/2008, 06:17 PM
No, if you recall, Dick Cheney was spun by the donks, and thus generally perceived by most voters, as the guy who controlled the marionette in the Oval Office. And people were comfortable with that. Twice in fact.

Remember. W is an imbecile. You gotta stick to the script.damn....PWNT!:D

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2008, 06:19 PM

Well, truth be told, most weren't. At least the first time.

And the second time, his dark force skills broke the Diebold machines. ;)

tommieharris91
8/23/2008, 06:19 PM
Will it bother you solid, morally upstanding Christian folk to vote for a cultist when Romney is announced?

I thought Romney was the best economic mind running in the Republican primaries. I voted for him.

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2008, 06:32 PM

No. In fact he was my first choice. Is it going to bother you when he is elected VP?

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 06:37 PM
A little. Then again I want an atheist in office, but whatever.

Harry Beanbag
8/23/2008, 06:59 PM

I'll take a Mormon over a Muslim any day. ;)

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 06:59 PM

SleestakSooner
8/23/2008, 08:08 PM
Hey,
Want a free Obama/Biden sticker? MoveOn's giving them away totally free--even the shipping's free. I just got mine, and wanted to share the opportunity with you.
Click this link to get a free Obama/Biden sticker:
http://pol.moveon.org/barackstickers/?id=-9421391-CuCG.ux&rc=manual_forward (http://pol.moveon.org/barackstickers/?id=-9421391-CuCG.ux&rc=manual_forward)

I know you will all be in a great big hurry to get one of these on your trucks!

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 08:14 PM
Hey,
Want a free Obama/Biden sticker? MoveOn's giving them away totally free--even the shipping's free. I just got mine, and wanted to share the opportunity with you.
Click this link to get a free Obama/Biden sticker:
http://pol.moveon.org/barackstickers/?id=-9421391-CuCG.ux&rc=manual_forward (http://pol.moveon.org/barackstickers/?id=-9421391-CuCG.ux&rc=manual_forward)

I know you will all be in a great big hurry to get one of these on your trucks!

What is the texture of these stickers...I mean is it anything like Charmin? ;)

SCOUT
8/23/2008, 08:27 PM

I am comfortable enough with my beliefs to accept someone who differs.

Does it bother you to smear an entire religion to make a political point?

JohnnyMack
8/23/2008, 09:27 PM
I am comfortable enough with my beliefs to accept someone who differs.

Does it bother you to smear an entire religion to make a political point?

I'll smear all religions. I'm an equal opportunity offender.

KC//CRIMSON
8/23/2008, 10:56 PM

A little. Then again I want an atheist in office, but whatever.

I was hoping for Latvian Orthodox. I'm fond of the hats!

SCOUT
8/23/2008, 11:00 PM
I'll smear all religions. I'm an equal opportunity offender.

I guess that is in line with your support for Obama. Obama wants CHANGE and your take on that is to change from a country open to all religions to one where we are hostile to all religions. Good to know.

Sooner98
8/23/2008, 11:11 PM

I don't know. Has Romney ever referred to any black politicians as "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy"? That might be somewhat bothersome.

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2008, 02:40 AM
I was hoping for Latvian Orthodox. I'm fond of the hats!

You can always score points for cool hats. :)

GrapevineSooner
8/24/2008, 07:35 AM

I haven't decided if I'm going to vote in this campaign or not, regardless of who McCain might pick...unless it's Teh Fred ;)

Seriously, I don't think this country is going to hell in a handbasket if Obama gets elected. I thought that it would back in 1992 as a very naive 16 year old.

As it turns out, our forefathers were wise beyond their years when they came up with this concept of balancing and checking the power of each branch of the Federal Government.

As for the actual question, I never mix my own religious beliefs with my political beliefs, nor do I think any politician should base his decisions upon his own personal beliefs. So no, I wouldn't have a problem with Romney being picked as the VP based upon the fact he's a Mormon.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2008, 08:48 AM
I guess that is in line with your support for Obama. Obama wants CHANGE and your take on that is to change from a country open to all religions to one where we are hostile to all religions. Good to know.

I think organized religion remains a massive roadblock to the establishment of a lasting peace on this planet.

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 09:34 AM
The toughest part of giving religious freedom to someone is giving it to someone who's religion hates on other people's religions.

If you use your religion for political gain...your part of the problem IMO.

Folks should keep the religious views away from the political arena....of course I've seen my own Faith get involved in the Abortion / Death Penalty ideals.

Those two problems always get brought up when political viewpoints are involved. I don't ever see it changing much either.

It's taken me years to understand how to keep my personal religious beliefs separate from my political views...and...I still find myself tested from time to time. Being passionate about Life and Death issues can do that.

As humans...we will always struggle is my guess.

The thoughts of Christians and Muslims having a War of all Wars and Blue Turbined guys coming to power and mixing it all with revelations and prophecies sure get some folks fired up.

Since 9/11 I think many folks can begin to see just how hard it is becoming for Americans to Travel outside the US. It's become much more dangerous IMO.

I remember when jets would get hijacked and people would try and protect Jewish People from hijackers.

As an American...I'm deeply concerned that other people around the World fear us instead of trust us to help them when they need us.

Scott D
8/24/2008, 09:52 AM
I haven't decided if I'm going to vote in this campaign or not, regardless of who McCain might pick...unless it's Teh Fred ;)

Seriously, I don't think this country is going to hell in a handbasket if Obama gets elected. I thought that it would back in 1992 as a very naive 16 year old.

As it turns out, our forefathers were wise beyond their years when they came up with this concept of balancing and checking the power of each branch of the Federal Government.

As for the actual question, I never mix my own religious beliefs with my political beliefs, nor do I think any politician should base his decisions upon his own personal beliefs. So no, I wouldn't have a problem with Romney being picked as the VP based upon the fact he's a Mormon.

see this is a good post. a majority of you are just partisan hacks following the same moronic slant you always follow.

SoonerProphet
8/24/2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.cfr.org/bios/1451/joseph_r_biden_jr.html#20

8/24/2008, 10:37 AM
As an American...I'm deeply concerned that other people around the World fear us instead of trust us to help them when they need us.Like who, the Iraquis and Afghanis?(I wouldn't think you would have much interest in going to North Korea or Iran)

soonerscuba
8/24/2008, 11:23 AM

Remember. W is an imbecile. You gotta stick to the script.
Huh? That's the answer to a lot of questions I never asked. I'm not ****ting on Cheney, I'm just saying that he is shy, doesn't speak particularly well, when he does, it sounds cryptic and mostly proven false. The public rarely gets to hear him speak, because he hides a lot, lastly he advocates toture and a strong VP office. My whole point is that if Dick Cheney can be on a ticket and win, anybody can.

People don't vote for VPs, never have, never will.

Scott D
8/24/2008, 11:25 AM
and for the record, I would hope McCain would go against picking Romney. I mean nobody wants another Willard in the White House. Not even the Filmore family.

Turd_Ferguson
8/24/2008, 11:31 AM
Huh? That's the answer to a lot of questions I never asked. I'm not ****ting on Cheney, I'm just saying that he is shy, doesn't speak particularly well, when he does, it sounds cryptic and mostly proven false. The public rarely gets to hear him speak, because he hides a lot, lastly he advocates toture and a strong VP office. My whole point is that if Dick Cheney can be on a ticket and win, anybody can.

People don't vote for VPs, never have, never will.
B3qqBgfFPNg

Frozen Sooner
8/24/2008, 11:56 AM
and for the record, I would hope McCain would go against picking Romney. I mean nobody wants another Willard in the White House. Not even the Filmore family.

Or a Millard.

Scott D
8/24/2008, 12:28 PM
Or a Millard.

you see because a Willard is just a Millard upside down.

King Crimson
8/24/2008, 12:32 PM

Biden's middle name is Robinette.

:gary:

GrapevineSooner
8/24/2008, 01:18 PM
you see because a Willard is just a Millard upside down.

What about a Mallard? ;)

Sooner98
8/24/2008, 05:04 PM
I think organized religion remains a massive roadblock to the establishment of a lasting peace on this planet.

Blaming the lack of a lasting peace on religion is such a tired cop-out. It's PEOPLE that are evil, not religions. Atheists, of course, have been responsible for more deaths and murders around the world in the last century than all religions combined. How do you explain this?

Dio
8/24/2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I was about to say we need more sensitive Lenin/Stalin types.

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 05:50 PM
Like who, the Iraquis and Afghanis?(I wouldn't think you would have much interest in going to North Korea or Iran)

I believe Spain leaving the War might be one example.

The original list of those involved looked something like this....

The 30 nations in what the State Department has
officially dubbed "The coalition for the immediate disarmament of
Iraq" are: Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Colombia,
Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia,
Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania,
Macedonia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Philippines, Poland, Romania,
Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, U.K., Uzbekistan. Unnamed is Bulgaria, an
ally of the U.S. on the United Nations Security Council.
But only U.K., Spain, Australia and now South Korea sent troops, Italy
gives U.S. use of infrastructure.

Okla-homey
8/24/2008, 06:54 PM
Since 9/11 I think many folks can begin to see just how hard it is becoming for Americans to Travel outside the US. It's become much more dangerous IMO.

C'mon ST, when is the last time you saw or read a story about a US tourist getting killed merely because he was an American? Random acts of violence, piracy and/or robberies? yes. Marking AMCITs for death while strolling along the boulevard in Paris or checking out the pyramids in Egypt. nada.

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 07:03 PM
I believe South America is chocked full of examples.

I wouldn't want to travel alone down there.

I know of plenty of swing the gringo stories from oil guys.

We are a commodity to be traded for cash in many places.

I worried about my little brother the entire time he was working at cell hubs while he was down there.

I'm glad he quit doing it.

yermom
8/24/2008, 07:04 PM
C'mon ST, when is the last time you saw or read a story about a US tourist getting killed merely because he was an American? Random acts of violence, piracy and/or robberies? yes. Marking AMCITs for death while strolling along the boulevard in Paris or checking out the pyramids in Egypt. nada.

you mean like in Beijing a couple weeks ago?

Scott D
8/24/2008, 10:15 PM
I believe South America is chocked full of examples.

I wouldn't want to travel alone down there.

I know of plenty of swing the gringo stories from oil guys.

We are a commodity to be traded for cash in many places.

I worried about my little brother the entire time he was working at cell hubs while he was down there.

I'm glad he quit doing it.

its highly more likely that the relative of a famous sports figure from south america will be kidnapped than an american.

Okla-homey
8/25/2008, 05:36 AM
you mean like in Beijing a couple weeks ago?

random act of violence.

Scott D
8/25/2008, 07:57 AM
hah, look at that homey believes the Chinese version. Next he'll believe that the guy committed suicide when he was likely killed by authorities. Following that he'll tell us that OBL is hiding out in Bangladesh.

BoBoHead
8/25/2008, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't stop from going overseas if I had to work or if it was a vacation, but there is no doubt that an American citizen is more susceptible to some act of violence more than ever before.

Jerk
8/25/2008, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't stop from going overseas if I had to work or if it was a vacation, but there is no doubt that an American citizen is more susceptible to some act of violence more than ever before.

Soonersn20xx, is that you?

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 08:59 AM
Wow, one "glad to be here, love Sooners football" post in the football forum, and then straight to the SO. What time does the flamebaiting start, BoBo?

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 09:18 AM
Heh. Logged on, read this thread, ignored my post and went to the football board to gather some street cred.

Condescending Sooner
8/25/2008, 09:22 AM
see this is a good post. a majority of you are just partisan hacks following the same moronic slant you always follow.

Hello pot, kettle speaking.

BoBoHead
8/25/2008, 09:22 AM
I don't have any idea what you are talking about, but if new people aren't allowed to post here so be it.

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 09:24 AM
No, we just find it curious when new people head straight to the SO. That's a little lesson for you for the next time you fire up a new troll name. Pay your dues on the football board for a year or two, and then discover and jump on the SO. The way the rest of us did it.

BoBoHead
8/25/2008, 09:30 AM
No, we just find it curious when new people head straight to the SO. That's a little lesson for you for the next time you fire up a new troll name. Pay your dues on the football board for a year or two, and then discover and jump on the SO. The way the rest of us did it.

Ok dude, I just clicked on New Posts like I did on my other forum and was trying to post to the newest threads. But like I said, I'm new and didn't know.

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 09:35 AM
Mmmhmm.

C&CDean
8/25/2008, 09:35 AM
Ok dude, I just clicked on New Posts like I did on my other forum and was trying to post to the newest threads. But like I said, I'm new and didn't know.

I think what Jed is implying is that you're not as new as you're trying to act. If you are a troll, you will be ferreted out. If you are new, then welcome aboard and post often and prosper.

badger
8/25/2008, 09:38 AM
(ignoring all the n00b banter with the mods...)

Anyone watching the Democratic convention? I heard that Comedy Central's covering it, so that might be a fun route to go. indecision 2008 alive and well...

swardboy
8/25/2008, 09:39 AM
Scott Rasmussen says no bounce for Obama on Biden pick. By comparison, Kerry's biggest bounce last cycle was picking Edwards before DNC convention.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 09:39 AM
Soonersn20xx, is that you?

If it is, I'm polishing my neg button.
Coincidence that he shows up less than 48 hours after 20xx gets the permashoe?

Scott Rasmussen says no bounce for Obama on Biden pick. By comparison, Kerry's biggest bounce last cycle was picking Edwards before DNC convention.

In fact...BHO LOST a few points after he announced Biden.

olevetonahill
8/25/2008, 09:52 AM

What was "Your other forum " ?

swardboy
8/25/2008, 09:54 AM
(ignoring all the n00b banter with the mods...)

Anyone watching the Democratic convention? I heard that Comedy Central's covering it, so that might be a fun route to go. indecision 2008 alive and well...

I'm rather enjoying watching "peace loving" democrats attack Fox camera men and reporters on FoxNews....

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2008, 09:56 AM
Mmmhmm.
His explanation sounded reasonable to me.

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 10:00 AM
It does, doesn't it?

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2008, 10:06 AM
His explanation sounded reasonable to me.

It does, doesn't it?

Of course, that's what a troll would say.

JohnnyMack
8/25/2008, 10:41 AM

The Democrats can't get along and the Republicans can't get excited. I don't imagine we'll see much difference in the polls after both conventions are over.

swardboy
8/25/2008, 10:47 AM
The Democrats can't get along and the Republicans can't get excited. I don't imagine we'll see much difference in the polls after both conventions are over.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it was last time too, wasn't it? These Pre-Packaged prime-time extravaganza's don't do too much for the public.

The Hillary roll-call is about the most exciting development in years....

OU4LIFE
8/25/2008, 11:09 AM
It does, doesn't it?

Hey, I'm glad to be here, and I love the Sooners, does that make me a troll?

I have nipples, can you milk me, Focker?

OU4LIFE
8/25/2008, 11:10 AM

this election is about choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable, you figure which is which.

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 11:26 AM
Hey, I'm glad to be here, and I love the Sooners, does that make me a troll?

I have nipples, can you milk me, Focker?
Dude, we've all known for years that you're a troll. But we sometimes make exceptions for funny ones.

Which reminds me... ...your honeymoon period is about up. Do something funny.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 11:28 AM

Make sure it involves a skunk and a bag of cheetos!

badger
8/25/2008, 11:46 AM
I'm rather enjoying watching "peace loving" democrats attack Fox camera men and reporters on FoxNews....

Yes, it's kind of like terrorists violently threaten and attack cartoonists after the cartoonists depict them as being violent :D

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 12:41 PM
But you know Family Guy went and provoked those terrorists! South Park told me so!

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2008, 01:16 PM
Yes, it's kind of like terrorists violently threaten and attack cartoonists after the cartoonists depict them as being violent :D

Is there a story I'm not aware of, or are the two of you honestly comparing people chanting "**** Fox News" to death threats and attacks?

OU4LIFE
8/25/2008, 01:25 PM
Dude, we've all known for years that you're a troll. But we sometimes make exceptions for funny ones.

Dude, until someone ELSE posts up a daily picture blog with commentary about THEIR drunkytown trip to Vegas, I think I'm good for a while.

unless you're threatening me, then let me see what I can come up with, sir.

LesNessman
8/25/2008, 01:29 PM
Someone posted that Biden is a Catholic. He may claim to be, just as Pelosi, Kerry, Kennedy, etc. claim to be, but they are most definitely not Catholic.

Anyone who actively supports abortion on demand, which is a bedrock foundation of the current Democrat party, cannot correctly claim to be Catholic.

Period.

They should not even be able to claim to be Christian.

Period.

soonerscuba
8/25/2008, 01:42 PM
Someone posted that Biden is a Catholic. He may claim to be, just as Pelosi, Kerry, Kennedy, etc. claim to be, but they are most definitely not Catholic.

Anyone who actively supports abortion on demand, which is a bedrock foundation of the current Democrat party, cannot correctly claim to be Catholic.

Period.

They should not even be able to claim to be Christian.

Period.
Thanks Jesus.

LesNessman
8/25/2008, 01:57 PM
??

I'm not Jesus, but you're welcome.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 01:58 PM
Dude...don't press it. It won't end well for you.

soonerscuba
8/25/2008, 02:00 PM
??

I'm not Jesus, but you're welcome.
Oh, the way you divined how people you've never met as to their true hearts made me assume you were. My mistake.

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2008, 02:02 PM
Les may be a noob and all, but his assertion is pretty much spot on.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2008, 02:04 PM
Except the unChristian part...

LesNessman
8/25/2008, 02:13 PM
Oh, the way you divined how people you've never met as to their true hearts made me assume you were. My mistake.

Never met 'em (never claimed to) and never divined what's in their true hearts either as I can't (don't know where that came from).

Just responding to their actions and words. How else would I know what they stand for? And their consistent actions and words (advocating the killing of innocent human beings) consistently points away from Christ.

Pretty simple actually. Don't you see it?

soonerscuba
8/25/2008, 02:17 PM
Never met 'em (never claimed to) and never divined what's in their true hearts either as I can't (don't know where that came from).

Just responding to their actions and words. How else would I know what they stand for? And their consistent actions and words (advocating the killing of innocent human beings) consistently points away from Christ.

Pretty simple actually. Don't you see it?
So does war, but you don't me calling people I disagree with unChristian. Face it, dude, you are calling out the faith of people you've never met because you subscribe to a particular doctrine and place more weight on some issues than others. You're pro-life, great, don't call out the faith of people you disagree with because a mortal man in Rome says something otherwise.

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 02:29 PM
...unless you're threatening me, then let me see what I can come up with...
Yes, if that's what it takes to make you do something funny.

:les: DO SOMETHING FUNNY!!!

OU4LIFE
8/25/2008, 02:30 PM
*too much pressure*

BigRedJed
8/25/2008, 02:32 PM
Don't worry. It happens to everybody from time to time.

LesNessman
8/25/2008, 02:35 PM
So does war, but you don't me calling people I disagree with unChristian. Face it, dude, you are calling out the faith of people you've never met because you subscribe to a particular doctrine and place more weight on some issues than others. You're pro-life, great, don't call out the faith of people you disagree with because a mortal man in Rome says something otherwise.

If you're speaking of the Pope, he's simply teaching what Jesus said. And of course I can question the faith of those who are blatantly in violation of 2 of the most fundamental of all christian laws (love your neighbor; don't kill them) not just because I disagree with them. I certainly hope and pray that they change their faith to follow Christ more closely, but they continue to disregard these two fundamental christian teachings if they advocate abortion. You just can't do that and claim to be Christian, much less Catholic. Doesn't that make sense?

tommieharris91
8/25/2008, 02:37 PM
If you're speaking of the Pope, he's simply teaching what Jesus said. And of course I can question the faith of those who are blatantly in violation of 2 of the most fundamental of all christian laws (love your neighbor; don't kill them) not just because I disagree with them. I certainly hope and pray that they change their faith to follow Christ more closely, but they continue to disregard these two fundamental christian teachings if they advocate abortion. You just can't do that and claim to be Christian, much less Catholic. Doesn't that make sense?

I'm just gonna say you're opening a big can o worms... :pop:

badger
8/25/2008, 02:39 PM
Is there a story I'm not aware of, or are the two of you honestly comparing people chanting "**** Fox News" to death threats and attacks?

It's kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy, do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do, give peace a chance or give way for bullet to your noggin... or whatever. I'll raise it to a plea to NOT bring the sensitivity police out, because we all know that not all Democrats are Fox-haters and not all Muslims are extremists. There are some absolutely wonderful Muslims in Tulsa that I would never picture plotting to bomb me.

To be truthful, I don't think those cartoonists ever got attacked, but then again, went into hiding before they could be attacked. They certainly got a lot of support from American political cartoonists after that :D I know of one that got extremely violent letters after his own version, but that doesn't mean that he ever feared for his life.

Ehhh... thank goodness for football season. For clarity's sake, Democrats should not be compared to terrorists, unless you are the New Yorker :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKuUMY6URXQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKuUMY6URXQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LesNessman
8/25/2008, 02:42 PM
I'm just gonna say you're opening a big can o worms... :pop:

Maybe so. Maybe it needs to be opened.

tommieharris91
8/25/2008, 02:43 PM
Maybe so. Maybe it needs to be opened.

You have no idea...

JohnnyMack
8/25/2008, 02:44 PM
LesNessman, pacifist.

Frozen Sooner