PDA

View Full Version : D Starters?

soonerspudman
8/22/2008, 03:30 PM
I don't live locally, anyone picking up on anything yet? Franks back in at CB? Balogun at WLB? Granger sitting out opener so he can wear his new coat?

califsooner
8/22/2008, 05:17 PM
Speaking of Granger.......I also am not a local OU fan, and just wondering the very latest on this very potentially great talent? I do know he prob is not starting which is a complete shock......but after some character issues maybe I shouldn't be. I guess I am just hoping he gets his head straight soon and can be for us what he has the chance to be.......which was possibly dominating from what I could see. I also heard may be out of shape, and with 2 years left......just wish he could be the force in the middle than we can use, of course. Atleast we are deep on the D-line, but hate to see his talent wasted.

JLEW1818
8/22/2008, 05:23 PM
The D tackles switch in and out a ton. I would get the final depth chart will come out on Sunday???

soonerfan28
8/23/2008, 05:22 PM
If we are to make predictions of who will start in the opener I think we will see a ton of people play and I read in the Tulsa World today that they expect Miller and Owens to play this year. Pretty interesting. I also think they said Good would get some time. I think Balogun will start the first game but we will see Lewis play and Dom will start but we will see Lendy at CB with Proctor at safety. On offense it looks like Broyles is turning heads again this fall. I hope he stays away from gas pumps next week.

goingoneight
8/23/2008, 06:15 PM
Just guessing based on hype...

DE Jeremy Beal
DT Gerald McCoy
DT Adrian Taylor
DE Auston English

OLB Keenan Clayton
MLB Ryan Reynolds
OLB Mike Balogun (unless box is healthy)

CB Dominique Franks
SS Nic Harris
FS Lendy Holmes
CB Brian Jackson

... with heavy doses of Cory Bennett, DeMarcus Granger, John Williams, Frank Alexander, anyone tabbed "linebacker" and Sam Proctor.

soonerloyal
8/23/2008, 07:16 PM
Just guessing based on hype...

DE Jeremy Beal
DT Gerald McCoy
DT Adrian Taylor
DE Auston English

OLB Keenan Clayton
MLB Ryan Reynolds
OLB Mike Balogun (unless box is healthy)

CB Dominique Franks
SS Nic Harris
FS Lendy Holmes
CB Brian Jackson

... with heavy doses of Cory Bennett, DeMarcus Granger, John Williams, Frank Alexander, anyone tabbed "linebacker" and Sam Proctor.

Nice list. We are going to put the hurt on a lot of QB's this year. It's almost not fair. :D