Tulsa>OKC

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/college/national-search/page+4

OKLA21FAN
8/22/2008, 11:29 AM
OU #108

'little brother', alphabetical order in the tier 3 schools :pop:

soonerscuba
8/22/2008, 11:37 AM
If OU was sandwiched between Yale and Stanford, I still would think these rankings are a crock of ****.

Notre Dame isn't just overrated on the football field, I'll leave it at that.

bri
8/22/2008, 12:57 PM
#83 to be precise

OCU is in the fourth tier.

Proving yet again:

Tulsa>OKC

Bubba Cunningham was on the radio this morning and he mentioned that the school's goal is to consistently be a Top 50 one in those rankings.

He also pointed out that of TU's 18 varsity sports, half of them went to postseason play last year. Yay, Royal We!

Okla-homey
8/22/2008, 02:11 PM
Bubba Cunningham was on the radio this morning and he mentioned that the school's goal is to consistently be a Top 50 one in those rankings.

He also pointed out that of TU's 18 varsity sports, half of them went to postseason play last year. Yay, Royal We!

They're well on their way. 1 out of every 10 TU undergrads are National Merit Scholar Semi-Finalists and their acceptance rate percentage is in the low 60's.

I also think they've got a decent shot at running the table this year in FB and cracking into a BCS bowl. Not bad for the smallest D-1 FB school in America.

tommieharris91
8/22/2008, 02:26 PM
They're well on their way. 1 out of every 10 TU undergrads are National Merit Scholar Semi-Finalists and their acceptance rate percentage is in the low 60's.

I also think they've got a decent shot at running the table this year in FB and cracking into a BCS bowl. Not bad for the smallest D-1 FB school in America.

@Arkie looks like their only challenge. That is one really weak schedule though.

bri
8/22/2008, 02:34 PM
Hey, give us a break. We're a mid-major. It's not like we're playing Chattanooga or anything. :D

And if Mustain had picked TU over USC, I'd say we were a shoo-in for crashing the BCS. But he didn't, so I won't.

crawfish
8/24/2008, 06:00 PM
It's no coincidence that they've shot up the rankings since my bro became a prof there. :D

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 06:05 PM
My BIL teaches there too.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2008, 06:13 PM
#83 to be precise

OCU is in the fourth tier.

Proving yet again:

Tulsa>OKC

Baylor is ranked #76 proving yet again that Baylor>TU

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 06:14 PM
Once Baylor and TU are in the same Conference....

Then we'll really know. :D

Okla-homey
8/24/2008, 06:18 PM
Once Baylor and TU are in the same Conference....

Then we'll really know. :D

they couldn't hack it in C-USA either.

and for the record, at the rate its climbing up the rankings, TU will pass Baylor within five years.

How many people go to Baylor anyway? Is it over 10K? That's kinda sketchy to have lil' ol' TU with a mere 2000 undergrads only 7 slots on their heels.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2008, 06:21 PM
they couldn't hack it in C-USA either.

and for the record, at the rate its climbing up the rankings, TU will pass Baylor within five years.

I don't know what the hell C-USA has to do with anything...

Baylor has been climbing as well. I'm willing to bet that it'll be a very very very long time until TU passes Baylor. For the past 7 years Baylor has been re-organizing the school from top to bottom for the sole purpose of becoming a top-50 school.

Also, if you want to compare Law Schools, Baylor is tier-1 and ranked at #55 while Tulsa is floating around in tier-4 territory.

Okla-homey
8/24/2008, 06:24 PM
I don't know what the hell C-USA has to do with anything...

Baylor has been climbing as well. I'm willing to bet that it'll be a very very very long time until TU passes Baylor. For the past 7 years Baylor has been re-organizing the school from top to bottom for the sole purpose of becoming a top-50 school.

Also, if you want to compare Law Schools, Baylor is tier-1 and ranked at #55 while Tulsa is floating around in tier-4 territory.

I didn't mention law skools. You did. The fact is, Baylor is, and has been in decline for a couple decades. Ann Richards was the only thing keeping the lights on according to my contacts at the actual elite Texas private colleges and universities. And she's dead.

a lot of it is acceptance rate. TU's at 60%. Where's BU?

StoopTroup
8/24/2008, 06:26 PM
:pop:

soonerscuba
8/24/2008, 06:54 PM
Uh, grad schools are a totally different beast. Arizona State has Baylor and TU beat, I wouldn't lump them into the same category.

SicEmBaylor
8/26/2008, 04:59 PM
I didn't mention law skools. You did. The fact is, Baylor is, and has been in decline for a couple decades. Ann Richards was the only thing keeping the lights on according to my contacts at the actual elite Texas private colleges and universities. And she's dead.

a lot of it is acceptance rate. TU's at 60%. Where's BU?

I don't know what it is now, but in 2005 it was 13.6% which was the lowest in the state. I also know that Baylor Law has a 96% success rate on passing the bar exam on the first try which is the highest in the state of Texas.

As for Ann Richards, I don't know who told you that garbage but Ann Richards had virtually nothing to do with the University after she graduated and it was no small secret that she didn't have a lot of affection for Baylor...much less the law school. I don't know that she ever had any connection in any shape, form, or fashion with Baylor Law. She didn't even go to Baylor Law. This Ann Richards stuff (especially as it conerns our entry into the Big XII) is a complete and total myth. The woman rarely ever mentioned the fact that she went to Baylor.

Baylor's real power in Austin rested with Lt. Gov. Bob Bullock who, I imagine, did have a lot to do with the law school. It was Bob Bullock not Ann Richards who was responsible for promoting our interests.

StoopTroup
8/26/2008, 05:00 PM
That took you two days of research for that comeback...didn't it? :D

SicEmBaylor
8/26/2008, 05:05 PM
That took you two days of research for that comeback...didn't it? :D

No, I just now ran across the thread since my last post.

I did have to loo up the acceptance rate, but I knew the bar exam stat off the top of my head.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 06:15 PM
FACT: TU climbed eight points since last year's list.

At that rate, they'll pass Baylor next year.