PDA

View Full Version : Intro video?

Jack T.
8/22/2008, 06:00 AM
Did I miss the thread with the new Intro vid in it, of has it just not been released yet?

DrZaius
8/22/2008, 06:31 AM
I was wonderin the same thing..... Where is thou vid?

OUMallen
8/22/2008, 08:42 AM
It's not usually officially released until after the firs thomegame, right?

The_Red_Patriot
8/22/2008, 09:11 AM
Usually comes out the night before the 1st home game

badger
8/22/2008, 09:47 AM
We just need all the necessary elements, then you can put it together in your head.

1- Contender Theme song - VERY IMPORTANT! If you don't have it memorized, go to Youtube and play it a few million times.

2- Recite OU's many football accomplishments - 47 game winning streak, 7 national championships, 14...um, how many are we up to now? A HELL LOTTA ALL-AMERICANS, 42 conference titles, four Heisman Trophy winners, etc.

3- There's Only One... (insert OU player name here). It can be any player, even Hayes McLonghorn. Make sure to correspond OU alum with current OU player. Example: There is Only One... Dean Blevins. There is Only One... Landry Jones (oh dear, comparing Landry to Dean? I'm so gonna get sued...)

4- End with THERE IS ONLY ONE... OKLAHOMA

Most important, if you are picturing THIS in your head...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vJdVu1qqVg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vJdVu1qqVg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
... you're doing it wrong :mad:

Reasons: Not enough highlights, not enough accomplishments, phail.

BoonesFarmSooner
8/22/2008, 09:50 AM
Usually it comes out a week or two before the first home game.

It's the first thing I check each morning when I get online.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/22/2008, 11:09 AM
Classes start Monday, and in the past, the Intro Video has usually been played for the first time during the Big Red Rally, a week or so before the first game.

However, since they've got a fancy, swanky new video board, I wouldn't be surprised if they tested it religiously during the upcoming weeks. If you're lurking around the stadium in the mid-afternoon leading up to the first game, you might be lucky enough to catch your own sneak peak of the first video. I've seen the second and third videos of the season that way before.

badger
8/23/2008, 09:42 AM
Very cool. Thanks!

If any students or Normanites want to give us a preview should they catch one of the test runs, much spek your way! :)

OUMallen
8/25/2008, 01:02 PM
Any word on this?

gundleok
8/25/2008, 01:36 PM
My sister was on campus yesterday and she called to tell me they were running the intro video on the new screen. Still the same "Contender" music but with the theme "It's Time"; still ends with "There's Only One Oklahoma." Sorry to spoil it for anybody. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to post it online. Boomer Sooner

JLEW1818
8/25/2008, 02:07 PM
Just watched the 3 from last year, I started shivering

illinisooner
8/25/2008, 02:51 PM
My sister was on campus yesterday and she called to tell me they were running the intro video on the new screen. Still the same "Contender" music but with the theme "It's Time"; still ends with "There's Only One Oklahoma." Sorry to spoil it for anybody. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to post it online. Boomer Sooner

So there's no "There's only one" this year?

badger
8/25/2008, 03:20 PM
It's time... to get bold.

(cue Oklahoma blitzing at poor Chase Daniel leading to Lofton's touchdown)

It's time... to reload

(cue shots of Oklahoma winning Big 12 trophy once again)

It's time... to GET RICKROLLED.

(uggggg... offseason is killer, man)

OUMallen
8/25/2008, 04:14 PM
It's time... to get bold.

(cue Oklahoma blitzing at poor Chase Daniel leading to Lofton's touchdown)

It's time... to reload

(cue shots of Oklahoma winning Big 12 trophy once again)

It's time... to GET RICKROLLED.

(uggggg... offseason is killer, man)

I would die laughing if they rickrolled 85k all at once!

gundleok
8/25/2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/07-08/video/m-footbl/08aug/20070830_entrance.wmv

Not the intro video but a nice little nugget on SoonerSports.