PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Hopefuls

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 04:37 PM
I'm kinda stuck on this. If they both have great years who has a better chance of winning the Heisman Trophy.

Sam Bradford or DeMarco Murray

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2008, 04:58 PM
Who cares?
Lets win the only trophy that matters as a team.

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 04:59 PM
Still an honor to Win the Heisman trophy.

I'm going with Bradford.

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2008, 05:17 PM
Still an honor to Win the Heisman trophy.

I'm going with Bradford.

Yeah for the individual.

Heisman = overrated trophy anymore.

I was once meant to be given to the best college player in the nation. Today it goes to the QB that is being hyped more than any other player in the national media. Example, Tim Tebow, Eric Crouch, Matt Lienart, Carson Palmer, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Toretta, I could go on and on.

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 05:19 PM
I agree with your statement but Tim Tebow was the best player in the Nation last year.

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2008, 05:25 PM
I agree with your statement but Tim Tebow was the best player in the Nation last year.

Why because he was Florida's RB/Signal Caller?

The guy is good, but he was not the best QB last year, let alone the best player. The only thing he did was score TDs, kinda like the previous year, but this time he played every down. Tebow was the only running threat that Florida Had last year. He had a great season when it came to scoring, but that is about it.

I can name better QBs and players than Tim Tebow from last year.

This year, look for Chase Daniel to win it if they win 10 games.

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 05:27 PM
Why because he was Florida's RB/Signal Caller?

The guy is good, but he was not the best QB last year, let alone the best player. The only thing he did was score TDs, kinda like the previous year, but this time he played every down. Tebow was the only running threat that Florida Had last year. He had a great season when it came to scoring, but that is about it.

I can name better QBs and players than Tim Tebow from last year.

This year, look for Chase Daniel to win it if they win 10 games.

You just said the only thing he did was score TD's ? Is that suppose to be a bad thing? He had the second best passing efficiency in the nation also. Not trying to defend a Gator, but he was well deserving of the award.

And you still have not answered my question!!! lol, who Bradford or Murray

MojoRisen
8/21/2008, 07:33 PM
Murray would need 1800 yards and 20+ TD's - possible but Bradford will be in the mix if he has 40 TD's and 4000 yards - again possible but that would be some sick numbers. Bradford may have a chance at that -

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 07:38 PM
If they get both of those its looking like a good year.

nativesooner
8/21/2008, 11:54 PM
It depends on who ESPN decides to give all the hype to. Last year they rode Timmy Tebags jock all season, I think if they do that with Sam he can win it.

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 11:59 PM
Ya I'm a big Tebow fan off the field wise. Great Christian boy. On the field I gotta hate him. Still had the stats to win the heisman, cant argue with that. Sam will get his hype, if he has the stats and the record nobody can argue with that.

goingoneight
8/22/2008, 12:02 AM
The thing about the Heisman is if you don't have ESPN going balls deep on you from the pre-season, your team has to be an MNC contender. We haven't been one really until last year when ill fate took Sam out of the Taco Tech game.

Heisman = win lots of games, be part of the ESPN flavor of the week, stay healthy, pad stats and have a signature win or two that hinged on your performance. Did I mention you can't possibly be the best player in CFB unless you're a skill position player on a great team?

yermom
8/22/2008, 12:05 AM
all Eric Crouch did was account for 55 TDs on a team playing for a national title

nothing special.

Tebow was the best running back in the SEC

on top of that he threw 30+ TDs

no one had ever run for 20 TDs and thrown for 20 TDs.

he deserved the Heisman over anyone last year, easily.

even if he is a Gator and a good Christian boy ;)

JLEW1818
8/22/2008, 12:05 AM
I agree with you. So Sam has a great chance to win the Heisman trophy. He will have the stats and the wins. If not ... then it wont be a real good season for us...... In the end my question is, if an Oklahoma Sooner wins the Heisman, is it Sam Bradford no matter what. ?

Regardless I bet Sam could care less what he wins as long as we win. But it still would be cool if he won. Or DM

yermom
8/22/2008, 12:08 AM
The thing about the Heisman is if you don't have ESPN going balls deep on you from the pre-season, your team has to be an MNC contender. We haven't been one really until last year when ill fate took Sam out of the Taco Tech game.

Heisman = win lots of games, be part of the ESPN flavor of the week, stay healthy, pad stats and have a signature win or two that hinged on your performance. Did I mention you can't possibly be the best player in CFB unless you're a skill position player on a great team?

the problem is that players like that kid from UNT in '04 and Kevin Smith at UCF last year is that they play against crappy teams. you have to really break some records to get serious consideration in those kinda situations. if someone is lighting it up at a traditional powerhouse you are going to have a hard time coming out of that shadow

yermom
8/22/2008, 12:11 AM
I agree with you. So Sam has a great chance to win the Heisman trophy. He will have the stats and the wins. If not ... then it wont be a real good season for us...... In the end my question is, if an Oklahoma Sooner wins the Heisman, is it Sam Bradford no matter what. ?

Regardless I bet Sam could care less what he wins as long as we win. But it still would be cool if he won. Or DM

i just don't see DM being in a position to do it. if we ran a lot of that Wildcat stuff, and put him in the slot and had him returning kicks and he was getting a ton of all-purpose yards i could see it happening.

it took a couple years of Reggie Bush doing that before he got it though

JLEW1818
8/22/2008, 12:12 AM
Ya I hear ya , thanks for the input, I'm still a young learner. !!!

Youngsooner
8/22/2008, 01:21 AM
I may be sick to my stomach if chase daniel wins the heisman

btw, I think Sam Bradford would have a better chance, DM would come second though :)

OU_Sooners75
8/22/2008, 01:35 AM
From OU the best will most likely be Bradford.

But the Media, especially Fox and ESPN are tea bagging Chase Daniel so far this year and the season hasn't even started.

Daniel is already the winner of the Heisman, if Daniel has the numbers has he had last year and Missouri has a duplicate season.

St. Louis Sooner
8/22/2008, 08:40 AM
I believe any Div I player would rather win the National Championship than the Heisman.

OU_Sooners75: Living here in STL, I wouldn't be able to stomach CD winning the Heisman. STL is not much of a CFB town, yet they ALLL jump on the bandwagon when mizzou achieves ANYTHING. "The horror ... the horror ..."

As for OU: I'd rather see Murray win the Heisman since the award seems to be a jinx for QBs, but I'd give the equal chances right now of winning it.

1890MilesToNorman
8/22/2008, 09:08 AM
Way to early for Heisman talk, injury, fluke games and officiating play a big part in who wins the thing. Sure you have the front runners but there are many factors that play a part in this. Look at Oregon's QB last year, he was touted as a threat to win it and then went down for the season on those skinny legs of his. The biggest part of winning the Heisman is the team aspect of it, the team has to perform well in order for the individual to be in contention.

Youngsooner
8/22/2008, 02:41 PM
Way to early for Heisman talk, injury, fluke games and officiating play a big part in who wins the thing. Sure you have the front runners but there are many factors that play a part in this. Look at Oregon's QB last year, he was touted as a threat to win it and then went down for the season on those skinny legs of his. The biggest part of winning the Heisman is the team aspect of it, the team has to perform well in order for the individual to be in contention.

The way to early talk is really the only thing that keeps me going in the offseason:cool:

JLEW1818
8/22/2008, 03:00 PM
Bradford is cooler then Daniel, by far.

BornandBred
8/23/2008, 02:18 AM
While the Heisman recently seems to have gone to the best QB available, I think if it's an OU player winning it it's DM. I don't think SB has the receivers to do much better than last year, where I think DM has a lot of room to improve. I think we will be running a lot this year after we build a big lead, so Murray will have lots of opportunity to pad his stats. Not to mention, he is a play maker with sick breakaway ability, always good for highlight real material.

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2008, 02:57 AM
If both have great years, neither will win...

It's simple math: Take all the Heisman voters, subtract the Sooner haters, remainder votes for one of the 2 or any of 2-3 others and some idiot like booger eater wins it. The good news is we take our 2 screwed over, more-deserving kids and take the BCS championship.

Works for me!

StoopTroup
8/23/2008, 02:31 PM
ESPN doing a little Pre Heisman Show right now BTW.

busynothings
8/25/2008, 04:12 PM
From OU the best will most likely be Bradford.

But the Media, especially Fox and ESPN are tea bagging Chase Daniel so far this year and the season hasn't even started.

Daniel is already the winner of the Heisman, if Daniel has the numbers has he had last year and Missouri has a duplicate season.

Well, they don't play us, so their season already looks easier.

tommieharris91
8/25/2008, 04:26 PM
Well, they don't play us, so their season already looks easier.

We could always meet in the B12 CCG.

boomermagic
8/26/2008, 01:09 PM
I may be sick to my stomach if chase daniel wins the heisman

btw, I think Sam Bradford would have a better chance, DM would come second though :)

I hope Daniel doesn't win not sure what Sam's chances are or DM's but I sure hope Daniel doesn't win..