PDA

View Full Version : Sooners on DC TV?

DCSoonerfan
8/21/2008, 04:04 PM
I have a question that I was hoping someone could help me with. I live in the District and have been placing phone calls to TV providers trying to figure out if FSN is available in this area, as it shows OU and other Big 12 teams. Apparently FSN isn't available, as the MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Net) and CCSN (Comcast Sports Net) are the only ones they offer. When I previously lived here MASN and CCSN would sometimes show FSN programming but more often than not pre-empt with bad ACC games.

Does anyone know the best way to get FSN programming in DC? I like to keep up with the other Big 12 schools too, and FSN usually has a morning and evening game if I remember correctly. We get FCS (Fox College Sports) but does this channel show FSN games during the season? Just curious. Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, RCN - none were very helpful in answering my question. I know there's the alumni/booster watch party in Crystal City but I really don't like that bar and prefer to watch at home with a group of friends on the 52" HDTV ;-) If someone can help out it would be appreciated. And I apologize if this question has been covered before as I'm sure it has...

Much thanks, and Boomer Sooner!

olevetonahill
8/21/2008, 04:11 PM
I have a question that I was hoping someone could help me with. I live in the District and have been placing phone calls to TV providers trying to figure out if FSN is available in this area, as it shows OU and other Big 12 teams. Apparently FSN isn't available, as the MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Net) and CCSN (Comcast Sports Net) are the only ones they offer. When I previously lived here MASN and CCSN would sometimes show FSN programming but more often than not pre-empt with bad ACC games.

Does anyone know the best way to get FSN programming in DC? I like to keep up with the other Big 12 schools too, and FSN usually has a morning and evening game if I remember correctly. We get FCS (Fox College Sports) but does this channel show FSN games during the season? Just curious. Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, RCN - none were very helpful in answering my question. I know there's the alumni/booster watch party in Crystal City but I really don't like that bar and prefer to watch at home with a group of friends on the 52" HDTV ;-) If someone can help out it would be appreciated. And I apologize if this question has been covered before as I'm sure it has...

Much thanks, and Boomer Sooner!

Get Direct TV

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 04:13 PM
olevet coming up on 24,000, I think we will see it tonight.

olevetonahill
8/21/2008, 04:17 PM
olevet coming up on 24,000, I think we will see it tonight.

I nevar noticed LOL
Prolly befor tonight .:D

bluedogok
8/21/2008, 08:06 PM
I have Directv and the Sports Pack option which gets me all of the Regional Sports Networks which most are Fox Sports [insert acronyms here]. I know Dish has the option as well as some cable companies like Time Warner here in Austin. Between all of the different channels I have had something like 20 different games at one time to choose from. I can watch games from an 10/11 AM kickoff to some of the west coast games ending around 1 AM...and I do not have ESPN Gameplan.

Whet
8/21/2008, 08:18 PM
I have DirecTV and get all of the FoxSportsNet stations! You want to get FSSW...

plus, I just signed up for ESPN Gameplan. I should be able to get all of the televised games with this setup.

Also, you need to subscribe to the Sports package with DirecTV to get FoxSportsNet ($12/mth)

jkjsooner
8/21/2008, 09:41 PM
I live in DC and get a sports extra package through Comcast. With it I get several of the regional Fox Sports channels. I don't think I get the full suite like I did when I had DirecTV but I get several. I don't think I've ever had a problem getting a Fox Sports OU game.

You, of course, should also get the ESPN gameplan.

As for the Crystal City scene, I'm not sure if you're referring to the old place, Crystal City Sports Pub, or the new one, Mackey's. Personally, I miss CCSP and consider the Mackey's service to be horrible and the scene to be plain boring. I think I may just stay home and watch on my new TV or go ahead and watch the games at CCSP.

OU-HSV
8/22/2008, 01:39 AM
Whoa, for a second I thought "DCSooner" was back after a long leave of absence.

Anyways, welcome aboard DCSoonerfan

Austin1
8/22/2008, 06:24 AM
I just moved to Richmond, VA this summer and am having the same problem. I tried to get Direct TV and they couldnt get a signal, so I am stuck with Comcast and I ordered ESPN Gameplan. I need to find a way to watch ALL of the games not most of them. If you find anything out let me know.

olevetonahill
8/22/2008, 08:42 AM
I just moved to Richmond, VA this summer and am having the same problem. I tried to get Direct TV and they couldnt get a signal, so I am stuck with Comcast and I ordered ESPN Gameplan. I need to find a way to watch ALL of the games not most of them. If you find anything out let me know.

You live under a rock ? Is there a Building Blocking you ?

KingBarry
8/22/2008, 08:50 AM
DC area Sooner (and Big XII fans):

I don't have much to add to the TV debate, I actually put up a pretty much identical thread two months ago you might want to check out.

HOWEVER, I can let you know that the ANNUAL BIG XII FOOTBALL KICKOFF will be tonight (Friday, 22 August) at the Crystal City Sports Pub.

WHERE
Crystal City Sports Pub, 529 South 23rd Street, Arlington, VA
Accessible via Yellow and Blue lines to the Crystal City Metro station
http://www.crystalcitysportspub.net/
WHEN
Friday, August 22, 2008
6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
WHO
All area Big 12 Alumni and friends

This event is hosted by all 12 alumni associations from the conference. A Husker friend of mine just called me yesterday, or I wouldn't have known about it. It's basically just a happy hour I guess. I don't know much about it as the last time I went Coach Blake was still standing on our sideline.

Hope to see you there, KingBarry

virginiasooner
8/22/2008, 01:36 PM
The Capital Alumni Club watches games at Mackey's, in Crystal City (S. 23rd Street, I think). I've exchanged e-mails with our club prez, and he said they've already arranged with Mackey's to show the Chattanooga game. There's a parking garage across the street (free on Saturdays). And you can get on their e-mail list, so you won't miss any exciting Saturday at Mackey's! And the food is good too.

DCSoonerfan
8/22/2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks for all the info... it appears DirecTV is the best way to go. As far as which bar I was referring to... I was saying that the Mackey's setup personally leaves a lot to be desired. I, too, miss the CCSP. Hopefully I'll be able to chime in more this year, as I have been a viewer on this board for many years but look forward to reading/discussing all things SOONER with fellow fans. Hopefully I'll even see some of you when I come to Norman for the Nebraska game.

Is next Saturday here yet? I'm proud of the boys no matter what happens this year and expect another great season of Sooner football.