PDA

View Full Version : They want to be like us

Jacie
8/21/2008, 03:02 PM
The "us" being OU and saxet because the teams play at a neutral site every year, resulting in added excitement and publicity for the game. I guess that is not such a bad thing.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-kansasstate-iowastate&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kansas State to play Iowa State at Arrowhead

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Big 12 rivals Kansas State and Iowa State will play at Arrowhead Stadium, the home of the Kansas City Chiefs, in 2009 and 2010.

Chiefs president Carl Peterson, Kansas State athletic director Bob Krause and Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard made the announcement at a new conference Thursday.

The first meeting in 2009 is scheduled for Oct. 3 and the second is set for Oct. 9, 2010. Officials said each team is guaranteed almost at total of $2 million for the two games.

Arrowhead’s capacity is over 79,000, compared to 50,000 at Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan and 55,000 at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames.

Kansas and Missouri played at Arrowhead last season and will again this season.

OUMallen
8/21/2008, 03:35 PM
OSU wants to play Tech in Dallas every year.

soonermix
8/21/2008, 03:44 PM
Arrowhead’s capacity is over 79,000, compared to 50,000 at Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan and 55,000 at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames.

Kansas and Missouri played at Arrowhead last season and will again this season.

do they really plan to sell out the 79k???

do they even do that with the 50k they have now???

NormanPride
8/21/2008, 04:01 PM
Is that even a rivalry?

bluedogok
8/21/2008, 08:10 PM
I guess they are really jealous of the KU-MU game there, a friend who went to KU but grew up on OU football here said that to KU people the KSU rivalry is more OU-OSU like and KU-MU is more OU-Texas like. I guess KSU and OSU are trying to find a game that they can split. OSU-Tech at Texas Stadium was already tried once and didn't go over too well. I guess they may try it again at Jerryworld.