PDA

View Full Version : ticket sales

soonerbrat
8/21/2008, 02:59 PM
I heard about a site where people can donate game tickets and then they sell them at half price and the money goes to charity..does anyone know what the website is for that?

yermom
8/21/2008, 03:16 PM
1st Row Fans?

StoopTroup
8/21/2008, 03:26 PM
OVJ Society?

soonerbrat
8/21/2008, 03:27 PM
1st Row Fans?

i think that's it, thanks!

soonerbrat
8/21/2008, 03:28 PM
or not.

dangit.

yermom
8/21/2008, 03:31 PM
yeah, i can't seem to find it. i've seen signs for it

r5TPsooner
8/21/2008, 03:34 PM
I think that most of the south endzone is still available for the game. The Kids Club finally sold there allotment but you can still purchase as many as five seats together as of last nite.

frankensooner
8/21/2008, 03:36 PM
I think she is looking for a Bargain.

I bet you can pick some up before kick off too, outside the stadium for not a lot.

r5TPsooner
8/21/2008, 03:42 PM

I bet you can pick some up before kick off too, outside the stadium for not a lot.

No doubt!

Sooner Kids Club was selling them for like $32 apiece until they ran out today.

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2008, 03:43 PM
frontrowfans.com

yermom
8/21/2008, 03:44 PM

well, she also seems to want to get rid of tickets fairly often...

yermom
8/21/2008, 03:45 PM
frontrowfans.com

missed it by that much...

frankensooner
8/21/2008, 03:49 PM
I think she is suffering from seller's regret.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/21/2008, 03:50 PM
If you have some tickets, you should donate them to the Tulsa_Fireman Fund For Wayward Boys That Need Nebraska Tickets.

frankensooner
8/21/2008, 03:52 PM
20 bucks for a years registration, I guess that is fair.

soonerbrat
8/21/2008, 04:17 PM
well, she also seems to want to get rid of tickets fairly often...

not this year..already sold my two and have someone else to take me..trying to find 2 for a coworker who wants to buy some for her grandsons. She won't go down to the game to buy them, so that's out.

soonerbrat
8/21/2008, 04:18 PM
If you have some tickets, you should donate them to the Tulsa_Fireman Fund For Wayward Boys That Need Nebraska Tickets.

i don't.
and I wouldn't.
hose dragger.

;)

r5TPsooner
8/21/2008, 04:51 PM
20 bucks for a years registration, I guess that is fair.

Unfortunately that's not the only fee.

-$20 Registration fee for one year
-$12 Transaction fee
-$12 Processing fee
- $6 Transfer fee

Total fees when purchasing one ticket? $50!!!

I can understand that some of it goes to charity but holy cow... that seems a bit excessive for mediocre seating.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/21/2008, 10:30 PM
I've purchased almost all of my men's bball tickets from Frontrowfans. They're only mediocre if the seats that were donated were mediocre to begin with.
She should also check OU's Ticket Marketplace.

r5TPsooner
8/22/2008, 09:16 AM
Since only about fifty or so people show up for OU basketball games, I would assume that you would get better seats for a basketball game than you would for an OU football game. As a matter of fact, I've never seen anything but endzone seats listed on there web site.

It's a nice gesture and a great idea, but the fees seem a bit excessive IMHO.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/22/2008, 03:02 PM
Since only about fifty or so people show up for OU basketball games, I would assume that you would get better seats for a basketball game than you would for an OU football game. As a matter of fact, I've never seen anything but endzone seats listed on there web site.

It's a nice gesture and a great idea, but the fees seem a bit excessive IMHO.
Don't knock the endzone. I've been in Section 19 for 13 years.

r5TPsooner
8/22/2008, 03:16 PM
Don't knock the endzone. I've been in Section 19 for 13 years.

I'm not knocking the endzone I'm just stating that most folks would rather sit somewhere else in the stadium if given the opportunity.

Quite frankly, I'm happy to see that type of website going on for fans. I have season tickets for two. But as a father who wants to take his kids to the game, having a place to purchase 5-6 tickets together is a relief. Plus one of the charity sponsors on the 1strow website is where my wife works.

Kind of a win/win for us. I just felt that the $30 fees + the $20 registration were a bit excessive that's all.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/22/2008, 04:49 PM
I'd donate a testicle for 13 years of hot North End Zone action.

Except for those seats in front of that fat homo that kept going on to his kids about how Kevin Wilson was such an idiot and how we should do this and that when if he knew his left nut from a football, he'd see what most everyone else saw, that he was a doober.

soonerbrat
8/22/2008, 05:00 PM
I'd donate a testicle for 13 years of hot North End Zone action.

Except for those seats in front of that fat homo that kept going on to his kids about how Kevin Wilson was such an idiot and how we should do this and that when if he knew his left nut from a football, he'd see what most everyone else saw, that he was a doober.

i'll give you my section 22 tickets for the next 13 years if you give me one of your testicles.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/22/2008, 05:01 PM
IN.

The only question at this point is where.

HAWT