PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather????

soonermix
8/21/2008, 02:42 PM
i've had an interesting convo today

so here is the question...

would you rather see OU win by 100 pts every game
or see them win in very close competitive games?

the point given to me was what is the point in playing if you know you are going to win big and i say i don't care i would like to win every game by 100 that would be ok with me

badger
8/21/2008, 02:46 PM
i've had an interesting convo today

so here is the question...

would you rather see OU win by 100 pts every game
or see them win in very close competitive games?

Um, sorry. I don't see the difference between the two scenarios you presented. I only see "OU WINS!!!1!!!111" on each one.

Jacie
8/21/2008, 02:59 PM
I was afraid the question was going to be along the lines of, "If you had to do it, which one would you rather have sex with, Roseanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell?"

SoonerPr8r
8/21/2008, 03:01 PM
which one would you rather have sex with, Roseanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell?"

Thats two different people??

oudivesherpa
8/21/2008, 03:04 PM
I was afraid the question was going to be along the lines of, "If you had to do it, which one would you rather have sex with, Roseanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell?"

I was afraid the question was going to be "would you rather have sex with Eva Longloria or your wife?" Think about it either answer will get you in trouble, but if you answer your wife that is within reason and you'll get to live for another day.

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2008, 03:12 PM
Answer to that would definitely be MY WIFE!

SoonerDood
8/21/2008, 03:14 PM
I was afraid the question was going to be "would you rather have sex with Eva Longloria or your wife?" Think about it either answer will get you in trouble, but if you answer your wife that is within reason and you'll get to live for another day.

The CORRECT answer to that one is "Both at the same time!" Duh!:D

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 03:15 PM
Sometimes in the BCS you have to win big.

A win is a win in every sport, except college football.

olevetonahill
8/21/2008, 03:15 PM
Answer to that would definitely be MY WIFE!

Ya Id rather have sex with your Wife to .:hot:

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2008, 03:17 PM
Sometimes in the BCS you have to win big.

A win is a win in every sport, except D-1A college football.

Fixed

The Maestro
8/21/2008, 03:18 PM
I like heartstopping wins best of all. Blowouts can be fun, but a nailbiter is more memorable for me.

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 03:33 PM
Fixed

haha thank you. Exactly right.

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 03:34 PM
Ya Id rather have sex with your Wife to .:hot:

hahahaha

soonermix
8/21/2008, 03:36 PM
Um, sorry. I don't see the difference between the two scenarios you presented. I only see "OU WINS!!!1!!!111" on each one.

it was along the lines of why do you care if you know you are going to win

KingBarry
8/22/2008, 04:41 AM
I get the point of the question, but really it's silly, as winning big every game is impossible.

Even if by some freak occurance we accumulated the talent, skills and staff to get it done, it couldn't last -- rules would be changed to make the game more competitive. Because competition is what sports is about.

But, to get back to the question, the best seasons are those where OU pounds most opponents into total subjegation, has a couple of "close til the third quarter" games, and has two nail biters (preferably one again Nebraska for the Big 8 title, oh, can't go back, nevermind).

But if we COULD win them all by a hundred? Yeah, I'd be a pretty happy guy.

SouthFortySooner
8/22/2008, 05:43 AM
...i have found, i want to score every offensive play and sack/intercept/cause fumble for loss every defensive play. And, I'm just a little dissapointed when they don't. :mad:

St. Louis Sooner
8/22/2008, 08:05 AM
extrapolating on your question soonermix:

IF it's a team I hate: 100 points + shutout
IF it's the Big12 CG: Shutout
IF it's the National CG: Any winning score will do
IF we need ranking spek: 100 points and/or shutout
IF we're the underdog: Any winning score will do
IF we're favored, regular season, no hate: Clearing the spread

Close games are the stuff of legend, but I must admit my nerves get fried and I go into cardiac arrest several times. After they're over, the only way back to normalcy is a bottle of scotch, a massage from my girlfriend, and 24 hours of rest!! ;)

Mudskipper
8/22/2008, 11:10 AM
I know my wife would rather them win by 100. I'm alot easier to be around when they are winning big.....

Fraggle145
8/22/2008, 01:00 PM
should have been a pole... ;)

KantoSooner
8/22/2008, 02:02 PM
Simple, really: I want OU to win it's next game by 1 point and then to win each successive game by an increasing margin, until the end of time.

At some point, the Sooners can start killing the opposing team's players.

That's in a perfect world.

I am constantly disappointed when this doesn't happen, but have learned to live with feeling.

OUDoc
8/22/2008, 04:24 PM
Win every game by a margin so large that eventually no one wants to play us anymore.

Okay, I'm having a hard time figuring out what we'd do at that point, but that's still how I want it to go down.

Laelaface
8/22/2008, 06:37 PM
...i have found, i want to score every offensive play and sack/intercept/cause fumble for loss every defensive play. And, I'm just a little dissapointed when they don't. :mad:

Really couldn't have said it any better myself.

Laelaface
8/22/2008, 06:38 PM
extrapolating on your question soonermix:

IF it's a team I hate: 100 points + shutout
IF it's the Big12 CG: Shutout
IF it's the National CG: Any winning score will do
IF we need ranking spek: 100 points and/or shutout
IF we're the underdog: Any winning score will do
IF we're favored, regular season, no hate: Clearing the spread

Close games are the stuff of legend, but I must admit my nerves get fried and I go into cardiac arrest several times. After they're over, the only way back to normalcy is a bottle of scotch, a massage from my girlfriend, and 24 hours of rest!! ;)

I really like the way you think :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/22/2008, 08:50 PM
Well both scenarios involve winning so both are pretty good. But would I rather see OU win a bunch of nail biters and win the NC (somewhat like 2000) or win all the games by 5-6 TDs a game and go down in history as the most dominant college football team of all time? I'll go with door #2.

Ok it was a little sad to watch the end of North Texas last year when pulled out all the stops to NOT score 100 points but that beats struggling against UAB.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/22/2008, 09:23 PM
I like heartstopping wins best of all. Blowouts can be fun, but a nailbiter is more memorable for me.

Unless the blowout is against texass. :texan:

BornandBred
8/23/2008, 02:02 AM
should have been a pole... ;)

That's what she said...

Sorry, had to do it. I'd take a win by a large margin every time, as an OU fan. But, as a football fan, any close game is better to watch. So, it really depends on which I consider myself most, a football fan, or an OU fan. The answer is OU. Blow 'em out by 60. The '03 UT and aTm games were fun to watch. Though, they do make the "shot at every score" game more complicated...

Fraggle145
8/23/2008, 02:32 AM
That's what she said...

Sorry, had to do it. I'd take a win by a large margin every time, as an OU fan. But, as a football fan, any close game is better to watch. So, it really depends on which I consider myself most, a football fan, or an OU fan. The answer is OU. Blow 'em out by 60. The '03 UT and aTm games were fun to watch. Though, they do make the "shot at every score" game more complicated...

yes

Fraggle145
8/23/2008, 02:32 AM

also and in fact better yes.