PDA

View Full Version : Some evidence China cheated in women's gymnastics...

OUMallen
8/21/2008, 12:08 PM
I bet the Chinese government has interrogation tactics that could get to the bottom of this...all we have is stupid waterboarding.

A determined U.S. computer expert has delved into cached pages on the Internet to unearth Chinese official documents showing a gymnast who took gold in the uneven bars competition, edging the U.S.'s Nastia Liukin, may indeed be underage.
Controversy over whether He Kexin is under the minimum age of 16 has surrounded her participation in the Beijing Olympics (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407803,00.html#). The latest challenge over the age of the tiny Olympian comes from the discovery through a cyberspace maze of Chinese official documents listing her date of birth.
She may not look as if she has reached the minimum competing age of 16, but China said her passport, issued in February, gives her birthday as Jan. 1, 1992. The International Olympic (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407803,00.html#) Committee said proof from her passport is good enough.
The latest unofficial investigation was carried out by computer security expert for the Intrepidus Group, whose site, Stryde Hax, revealed a detailed forensic search for He’s age.

First he simply tried Google, only to find that an official listing by the Chinese sports administration that had given her age could no longer be accessed. Then he tried the Google cache, only to find that He’s name had been removed.
Finally, he tried the cache of Chinese search engine Baidu. There, he found that Baidu lists two spreadsheets in He's name, both giving her date of birth as January 1, 1994 — making her 14 years and 220 days old and too young to compete at the Beijing games.
The lists were compiled by the General Administration of Sport of China (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407803,00.html#).
Even before anyone arrived in Beijing, American media investigations accused China of fielding three athletes below the 16-year-old minimum age threshold. Bela Karolyi, the former U.S. head coach, then reheated the issue by claiming that China “are using half-people” and that their flouting of the regulations was so obvious that “these people think we are stupid.”
Liukin, who finished second to He in the uneven bars final would be elevated to the gold medal position should He be disqualified. Britain's Beth Twiddle, who finished in fourth place, would be elevated to the bronze.
“My real age is 16," He said when asked by journalists about the debate. "I don’t care what other people say. I want other people to know that 16 is my real age.” When asked how she spent her 15th birthday, she paused and then said: “I was with my team. It was an ordinary day.”
Just nine months before the Olympics, the Chinese government’s Xinhua news agency gave He’s age as 13. Officials have since dismissed that report, saying Xinhua had never been given her age and made a mistake.
“Much of the coverage regarding Kexin’s age has only mentioned ‘allegations’ of fraud, and the IOC has ignored the matter completely," said Stryde, who was later named by Information Week as Mike Walker. "I believe that these primary documents, issued by the Chinese state ... rise to a level of evidence higher than ‘allegation.’”
It could certainly make a difference to Britain's Tweddle, who at 23 and relatively old for a gymnast may not be able to compete in the 2012 Olympic games in London.

Boomer.....
8/21/2008, 01:28 PM
and nothing will be done.

bri
8/21/2008, 02:45 PM
All this tells me is that someone at Xinhua is gonna get killed along with their entire family, and if we don't stop using our 133t hax0r skillz to "prove" what the world already knows, our next shipment of army men and off-brand toothpaste is gonna have extra lead in it. :D

badger
8/21/2008, 02:52 PM
All this tells me is that someone at Xinhua is gonna get killed along with their entire family, and if we don't stop using our 133t hax0r skillz to "prove" what the world already knows, our next shipment of army men and off-brand toothpaste is gonna have extra lead in it. :D

It already has extra lead in it. However, instead of disguising the Chinese gift box of lead poisoning as toys, they might just put it in our gold medals instead.

"Nastia Luiken? I'm sorry, but we accidentally gave you a chocolate wrapped-in-gold-foil medla. Chinese joke, haha. Please accept your real gold medal here with sincerely apologies from the Motherland. Our congratulations again on defeat of our all-around individuals. Now, where is your teammate Shawn Johnson so we can present her the real gold medal for balance beam?"

olevetonahill
8/21/2008, 05:21 PM
I dont see what the fuss Is about other than the age rule thingy
If a 13 0r b14 yr old can Out perform the Older ones , the Older ones should get better .

OUMallen
8/21/2008, 05:31 PM
and nothing will be done.

Unfortunately.:mad:

GottaHavePride
8/21/2008, 07:02 PM
I dont see what the fuss Is about other than the age rule thingy
If a 13 0r b14 yr old can Out perform the Older ones , the Older ones should get better .

Younger women have a ridiculous advantage at gymnastics. Their bodies are less developed, they're smaller, have lower centers of gravity, and their bones and muscles are not fully developed, meaning they're far more flexible than older competitors.

It's not an advantage to men's gymnastics, because men's events rely on upper-body strength, not balance and flexibility.

olevetonahill
8/21/2008, 07:42 PM
I didnt know that , Thanks

birddog
8/21/2008, 07:52 PM
Younger women have a ridiculous advantage at gymnastics. Their bodies are less developed, they're smaller, have lower centers of gravity, and their bones and muscles are not fully developed, meaning they're far more flexible than older competitors.

It's not an advantage to men's gymnastics, because men's events rely on upper-body strength, not balance and flexibility.

then maybe the girls should "retire" once they fully develop and leave.

soonersn20xx
8/21/2008, 08:50 PM
What a tremendous blackeye for the Chinese government, some hands may get cut off for this. :rolleyes:

Soonerus
8/21/2008, 08:52 PM
Chinese cheaters...

GottaHavePride
8/21/2008, 10:14 PM
then maybe the girls should "retire" once they fully develop and leave.
No girl is hotter than a girl gymnast who just stopped being a gymnast. I have a friend who was a gymnast up until halfway through high school. You should have seen her when she hit college. Dang.

jkjsooner
8/23/2008, 12:26 PM
No girl is hotter than a girl gymnast who just stopped being a gymnast. I have a friend who was a gymnast up until halfway through high school. You should have seen her when she hit college. Dang.

Did you see the 1996 team at the US Olympics Hall of Fame ceremony. Hawt and boobies everywhere. Most were real too.

One girl was super hot but I didn't recognize her - wasn't the big names like Miller, Dawes, Strugg, or Mocheanu...

tulsaoilerfan
8/23/2008, 12:32 PM
I've always heard that female gymnasts will do everything possible to delay the onset of puberty

GrapevineSooner
8/23/2008, 12:37 PM

So does mean that Alicia Sacramone's going to hit a whole 'nother level of hotness? ;)

BTW, I expect the IOC to do as much about this as David Stern would do to alleviate the problem of officiating with the NBA.

jkjsooner
8/23/2008, 01:17 PM
So does mean that Alicia Sacramone's going to hit a whole 'nother level of hotness? ;)

She failed miserably in the puberty delay area.

GottaHavePride
8/23/2008, 06:59 PM
Um, Sacramone's 20. You can only delay so long.

but yes. I'd say most likely she's going to get curvier as soon as she retires.

jkjsooner
8/23/2008, 10:59 PM
Um, Sacramone's 20. You can only delay so long.

but yes. I'd say most likely she's going to get curvier as soon as she retires.

Um, it was simply a joking comment on how curvy she is. I'm sure you got it that I didn't really think she could have delayed puberty that long....

Back to the Chinese gymnasts, now China has produced birth certificates and the IOC chairman seems satisfied. What a crock of crap.

GottaHavePride
8/23/2008, 11:02 PM
Heh. If by "produced" they mean "freshly printed this morning!" then I agree.

OU_Sooners75
8/24/2008, 03:29 PM
IOC = NCAA.

As long as you are a big player, they will investigate, but be satisfied with the "evidence" provided to them. And the result will be much of nothing.