PDA

View Full Version : OleVet and Car *************s

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 09:54 PM
Uh, is it possible to fix an engine that has "locked up."

What exactly is the remedy for that?

GottaHavePride
8/20/2008, 09:56 PM
Um, "locked up" as in "overheated and half-melted into a solid lump of useless metal"? Or some other kind of "locked up"?

royalfan5
8/20/2008, 09:56 PM
Let me guess, the engine was still on it's original oil?

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 10:14 PM
you talking about your Bug ?
Yup have whoever Take the sparkplugs Out , put in a shot Of Marvel mystery Oil let it sit over nite and try to Crank it .
I had one once I had to take the starter off and Use a Hammer and a Prybar to get the engingine to turn a Little Bit . Soaked those cylinders with MMO waited 2 day and spun it Like a top . Drove It for 3 years sold it for top dollar

Jerk
8/20/2008, 10:16 PM
Let me guess, the engine was completely out of oil?

Fixed

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 10:19 PM
Ill give you Hell and any others here . But when It comes to asking Me about Cars Ill tell Ya straight ok ?
;)

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 10:20 PM
you talking about your Bug ?
Yup have whoever Take the sparkplugs Out , put in a shot Of Marvel mystery Oil let it sit over nite and try to Crank it .
I had one once I had to take the starter off and Use a Hammer and a Prybar to get the engingine to turn a Little Bit . Soaked those cylinders with MMO waited 2 day and spun it Like a top . Drove It for 3 years sold it for top dollar

No oil. That sounds good to me. If this guy can't fix it then I might seriously consider letting you have a go at it before we give up. Wister isn't far from the FTG.

Evidently my oil pan had a leak in it and caused the engine to "lock up."

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 10:22 PM
No oil. That sounds good to me. If this guy can't fix it then I might seriously consider letting you have a go at it before we give up. Wister isn't far from the FTG.

Evidently my oil pan had a leak in it and caused the engine to "lock up."

Wait a Minute
Did you Drive it with No Oil ? Or did it lose the Oil after you Parked it ?

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 10:27 PM
Wait a Minute

That's up for debate. I frankly don't know. The guy says that I was driving with no oil, but I had just had the oil changed not long before the wreck. Plus, the car was running fine and I never had a check oil or check engine light in the period before the wreck.

My thinking is that the wrecker somehow tore the oil pan or something and the oil leaked out.

Jerk
8/20/2008, 10:27 PM
Wait a Minute

oh boy...:pop:

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 10:29 PM
That's up for debate. I frankly don't know. The guy says that I was driving with no oil, but I had just had the oil changed not long before the wreck. Plus, the car was running fine and I never had a check oil or check engine light in the period before the wreck.

My thinking is that the wrecker somehow tore the oil pan or something and the oil leaked out.

There ya go Peem sent Call me
And for you others Heres My # 918-649-5588:D
Ive shut My shop down But will help in anyway I can :D

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 10:31 PM
oh boy...:pop:

I'm thinking as Long as its sat Its just surface rust from Condensation
the wreck May have caused the Hole Or like the Boy said the wrecker service could have done some damage

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 10:36 PM
Do I need to put in a 1-800 number ?:D