PDA

View Full Version : DeMarco Murray Ranked a Top 10 RB

SoonerFanatik
8/20/2008, 12:31 AM
According to this football expert ... interesting list, certainly up for debate.

Thoughts?

College Football's Top 10 RBs (http://madgame.com/videos/849/top-10-college-football-running-backs-2008-.html)

sooner59
8/20/2008, 12:41 AM
So he came to #3 and skipped him to talk about #4 McCoy from PITT. Ghey. That is my thought.

tommieharris91
8/20/2008, 12:43 AM
Ian Johnson = overrated. LeSean McCoy has to do a lot to live up to that #4 ranking.

soonerspudman
8/20/2008, 01:33 AM
On a related DM note, in the practice videos he keeps showing up working with the receivers, guessing we may see him in the slot a time or two...

swardboy
8/20/2008, 08:06 AM
Those Oklahoma hillbillys....haven't figured out how to use cameras yet!

It would be a great development to see DM used in a Johnnie Rodgers kind of way. Not that it matters, but I think he would be used in that kind of a role in the NFL.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
8/20/2008, 10:57 AM
My thoughts on Murray are based totally on the fact that OUr off. line stays healthly for most of the year. I know we have some depth on the line but if Murray has an all senior line all year, I say he has a great shot at some trophies and helping us on our way to an Orange bowl victory over Ohio state. He is so quick and fast its hard to beleive he wasnt more highly recruited.

rondog79
8/20/2008, 11:12 AM
My thoughts on Murray are based totally on the fact that OUr off. line stays healthly for most of the year. I know we have some depth on the line but if Murray has an all senior line all year, I say he has a great shot at some trophies and helping us on our way to an Orange bowl victory over Ohio state. He is so quick and fast its hard to beleive he wasnt more highly recruited.

well said all but one thing ohio state wont b there

NormanPride
8/20/2008, 11:17 AM
More highly recruited? He was one of the top RBs in the nation coming out of high school... He took us over USC and a number of other top-tier programs.

BillyBall
8/20/2008, 11:22 AM
More highly recruited? He was one of the top RBs in the nation coming out of high school... He took us over USC and a number of other top-tier programs.

I remember people getting all worked up when he went from a 5 to a 4 star... Good times.

picasso
8/20/2008, 11:48 AM
[oSu dork]he ain't no Spud![oSu dork voice/]

htownsooner7
8/20/2008, 12:32 PM
DM has that gear that most players don't have. Could have a monster year.

goingoneight
8/20/2008, 09:18 PM
DM has the talent most players don't have. OU should aim for recruiting more players with the moves like Clayton and Murray IMO.

PLaw
8/20/2008, 09:56 PM
Those Oklahoma hillbillys....haven't figured out how to use cameras yet!

It would be a great development to see DM used in a Johnnie Rodgers kind of way. Not that it matters, but I think he would be used in that kind of a role in the NFL.

On the field, do you think DM will make everyone forget the name Reggie Bush?? Off the field, he better not!

BOOMER

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/20/2008, 09:57 PM
As long as he stays healthy I think DeMarco scores at least 20 TDs. He would have had 20 last year until he was hurt. In fact as good as Bradford has been at QB and I think will continue to play I wouldn't be the least suprised if after 4-5 weeks that Demarco is getting a lot of Heisman talk nationally.

sooner94
8/20/2008, 09:58 PM
Wasn't USC recruiting Demarco as a DB? I think they were. He wanted to play RB. Glad we got him.

snp
8/21/2008, 02:26 AM
Wasn't USC recruiting Demarco as a DB? I think they were. He wanted to play RB. Glad we got him.

Yup.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/21/2008, 08:32 AM

So, let me get this straight. What you are saying is that if a premier running back has an experienced and talented line that stays healthy all year, that premier back has a chance to win some awards?

Profound.

St. Louis Sooner
8/21/2008, 04:21 PM
I hope he can handle all the preseason hype ... it can put a lot of pressure on him. He had some great games, but he's young, he hasn't had a full season yet, and he's coming back from that nasty knee injury.

Our QB is the key since Bob depends on a balanced attack. So, if Bradford continues his meteorical rise to stardom, Murray is going to have a fantastic year!!

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 04:25 PM
It will be his third year as a sooner though. That's the thing about DeMarco and Bradford. They might be sophomores eligibility wise, but they have been in the program an extra year. I think that is getting over looked a lot.

Widescreen
8/21/2008, 04:30 PM
So, let me get this straight. What you are saying is that if a premier running back has an experienced and talented line that stays healthy all year, that premier back has a chance to win some awards?

Profound.

And if we score more points than our opponents, we have a good chance of winning our games.

YWIA.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
8/28/2008, 01:03 PM

Profound.

yep!!! and maybe #8 to go with it. Two names come to mind, Emmit and Barry(did i just mention and aggie back) Emmit good running back with one of the best O-lines ever,and Barry possibly the greatest back as of yet to step on an NFL field, with no O-line for over 98.9% of his career(ok maybe 100%).

On a more serious note, what I am saying is that I hope and pray that our key guys can avoid the injury bug, and SOONER NATION can rise to the top again!!!:cool:

boomermagic
8/28/2008, 02:04 PM
Just my opinion but I think they are underestimating DM.. I truly believe if he stays healthy he is heisman material before he leaves for his millions..

JLEW1818
8/28/2008, 02:10 PM
Just my opinion but I think they are underestimating DM.. I truly believe if he stays healthy he is heisman material before he leaves for his millions..

You think he's leaving after this year?

BillyBall
8/28/2008, 02:39 PM
You think he's leaving after this year?

If he goes for 1,500 and is first team Big 12, I think he is gone for sure.

swardboy
8/28/2008, 03:27 PM
I have no idea how "nasty" DM's knee injury was. He's been held out of everything it seems since the injury. Sanchez has the same thing happen in two-a-days and they make it sound like no big deal.

I hope he's 100% and OU's just been hiding his progress.....

tulsaoilerfan
8/28/2008, 03:29 PM
[oSu dork]he ain't no Spud![oSu dork voice/]

Dammit, beat me to it:D

St. Louis Sooner
8/28/2008, 07:37 PM
"sward": when compared to Sanchez, i can only imagine DM's hardcutting running style and collisions with defenders on every play were factors for sitting him out ... towards a complete healing.

I stated 'nasty' cuz i can't stand the thought/sight of dislocated bodyparts ... even the thought of Mo Cheeks' dislocated finger from way back in the '70s still makes me cringe. awww crap ... i said it ... dag ... i said it :eek:

JLEW1818
8/28/2008, 07:43 PM
If he goes for 1,500 and is first team Big 12, I think he is gone for sure.

I don't see him having a better year then Bush did, at least not this year. I see him staying to at least his JR yr. I hate bush, don't get mad.