PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Rico is the greatest player evar!!1!

tommieharris91
8/20/2008, 12:09 AM
I found this entry on baseball writer Richard Justice's blog. I'm pretty sure this is over-the-top satire, but most texass fans who read this don't realize this. After all, I don't think aggies or sand aggies would ever root for him. I sure didn't.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/08/sure_there_have.html

Kinda reminds me of this place: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=football

(dodges the neg coming for posting this)

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 12:18 AM
Wow that’s dumb. He had 1 1/2 good years. I guess we should retire every QB from our team who won a National Title.

Here is the interesting thing. If Vincent does not get that last second TD and Texas loses, do they retire his number?

If he answer is "they don't retire his number”, his entire career was justified on one single play. So retire his jersey because of one play???? SERIOUSLY

Complete Bull ****, the University of Texas is stupid.

yermom
8/20/2008, 12:28 AM
it's not like they will have to retire a lot of jerseys if they only do it every 35 years ;)

i hate Texas as much as the next guy, but you have to admit he was a badass in 04 and 05. those two Rose Bowls were pretty amazing, if you take off the Crimson glasses

and i mean really, who wanted to hear about USC winning another title?

TexasLidig8r
8/20/2008, 08:40 AM
Wow that’s dumb. He had 1 1/2 good years. I guess we should retire every QB from our team who won a National Title.

Here is the interesting thing. If Vincent does not get that last second TD and Texas loses, do they retire his number?

If he answer is "they don't retire his number”, his entire career was justified on one single play. So retire his jersey because of one play???? SERIOUSLY

Complete Bull ****, the University of Texas is stupid.

Wow...

Yeah.. it's not like he did anything else.. like.. oh..

Was the first player to pass for over 3000 yards and run for over 1000 yards in one season while more often than not, only playing 3/4 of most games.

Or.. be the MVP of not one, but two BCS games...

Or.. set a record for the Rose Bowl for most offensive yards in a game...

Or.. set a record for most rushing yards gained by a quarterback in ANY bowl game..

Or.. lead a team in a last minute drive setting up a field goal to win a BCS game...

Or.. rush for 4 touchdowns in a BCS game...

Or.. lead a team on a two minute drive for a national championship...

Or.. lead a team to the biggest blow out in any conference championship game...

Or.. win the Maxwell and Davey OBrien awards...

Or.. his .938 winning percentage as a starting quarterback is the 6th best in NCAA history..

Or.. even though he certainly did not need to, has returned to UT to get his degree, took classes this past spring and is on pace to earn his degree this next year.

Besides all those things plus many more.. yeah.. he only had one play. :rolleyes:

Fraggle145
8/20/2008, 09:19 AM
Wow...

Was the first player to pass for over 3000 yards and run for over 1000 yards in one season while more often than not, only playing 3/4 of most games.

Or.. set a record for most rushing yards gained by a quarterback in ANY bowl game..

Or.. lead a team in a last minute drive setting up a field goal to win a BCS game...

Or.. his .938 winning percentage as a starting quarterback is the 6th best in NCAA history..

Or.. even though he certainly did not need to, has returned to UT to get his degree, took classes this past spring and is on pace to earn his degree this next year.

Besides all those things plus many more.. yeah.. he only had one play. :rolleyes:

:confused:

meh.

F'him.

:D

salth2o
8/20/2008, 09:49 AM
''I'm really looking forward to getting back to Austin ......blah, blah, blah, blah..... Man, when I see that number and my name on the stadium. I don't know what I'm going to do. It's just going to be such an unbelievable feeling for me and my family.''

Esscuse me Uncle Rico....they are retiring your number, not renaming the stadium after you.

OUDoc
8/20/2008, 09:53 AM
He was your entire offense, Lid.
He should set records.

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 02:04 PM
Wow...

Okay my question to you. If USC wins that game, does Vincent get his number retired?

picasso
8/20/2008, 02:57 PM
VY was absolutely incredible in that game but if you remember, all that USC nickel back had to do was catch that final drive floater on the sideline rather than knock it down.