PDA

View Full Version : What Would YOU Do?

Pieces Hit
8/19/2008, 11:40 AM
If your son got hitched to a whorn?

Flagstaffsooner
8/19/2008, 11:41 AM
Tell him to marry someone with a little more smarts.

Ardmore_Sooner
8/19/2008, 11:42 AM
Well, I know that me and my dad (Sooner24) missed my cousins wedding that fell on the big game a few years ago, with much wrath from mom. This is a little different though.

A better question is "What Would Jesus Do?"
He'd go to the game of course.

OUMallen
8/19/2008, 11:43 AM
Well, I know that me and my dad (Sooner24) missed my cousins wedding that fell on the big game a few years ago, with much wrath from mom. This is a little different though.

A better question is "What Would Jesus Do?"
He'd go to the game of course.

Well, someone's gotta wear the headphones and visor...

Pieces Hit
8/19/2008, 11:44 AM
She's an OU grad even. :mad: :mad:

OUMallen
8/19/2008, 11:44 AM
My kid's bride to be sent out their wedding invitations several months ago and realized last month the date and time falls smack dab on OU/Texass.

:mad:

You didn't know your kid's wedding was generally during football season and then didn't scamper immediately to check the weekend?!

This is OK, though....morning game this year, is the wedding in the evening?

Pieces Hit
8/19/2008, 11:47 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: noon.

2 hours from home.

soonervegas
8/19/2008, 11:48 AM
Pencil trick

JLEW1818
8/19/2008, 11:50 AM
Just got to film it. And if anybody says something about the score of the game at the wedding, kill them.

OUMallen
8/19/2008, 11:50 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: noon.

2 hours from home.

Man. I don't know what to tell you. I'd delete this post in case someone that works for the University sees it and rescinds her diploma.... ;)

Pieces Hit
8/19/2008, 11:59 AM
eh - I kid,

I'm there with bells on.

They're great kids and I'm looking forward to it.

My DVR better not break though.

The Maestro
8/19/2008, 12:02 PM
Wow...just wow.

I had myself a shotgun wedding that time of year. I made OU-Texas my bachelor party weekend. It was 1996. Craptastic season, but great game. Got married the following Friday before OU-Baylor. My present to my groomsmen was tickets to OU-OSU in Stillwater. We all went and saw that win, too. I shall not mention any other games that season as they were all losses. I'd like to think my events determined the wins that year.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/19/2008, 12:02 PM
Is your son marrying anyone especially important that would require security? You'll already be well-dressed. If you have a small earbud in your ear, you might be able to pull it off. Just stand in one place, keep scanning the room, and occassionally mutter things into your wrist, like "Liberty is moving."

batonrougesooner
8/19/2008, 12:03 PM
There will be four people at said wedding. Bride, Groom (probably), Father of the Groom, Preacher (probably).

At least the reception will be cheap.

OUTrumpet
8/19/2008, 12:03 PM
OU/Texas will be on a major network. Bring a portable TV to the wedding. ;)

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/19/2008, 12:06 PM
There will be six people at said wedding. Bride, Groom (probably), Father of the Groom, Preacher (probably), Owen Wilson, and Vince Vaughn.

Fixed.

Seamus
8/19/2008, 12:41 PM
Fixed.

LMAO. That might be the "fix" of the year.

rainiersooner
8/19/2008, 12:43 PM
DVR can be tricky. I DVR'ed the Boise State game because I was flying back from overseas. The damn thing puked right after Marcus Walker's pick-6. Imagine my surprise when I went online and saw the final score. I suppose it saved me from some serious anxiety though....

soonerinabilene
8/19/2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.kitehill.net/pics/000714_bri_chris_wedding_day/0007_wedding_limo_bob_tv.JPG

Jdog
8/19/2008, 12:49 PM
Dear Pisces Hits,
This is a tough one. I guess you will need to ask yourself - do I have tickets to the game? If your answer is yes to this question, then you do have a big problem.

Avoid psychotherapy, because they will only tell you to do what is right - which in your mind will be to attend the game. This of course would only get you into a lot of hot water with your wife and future daughter in-law.

Please understand if you do have tickets, and still have to go through with the wedding, then please let me know and I can help you find a poor unfortunate sooner soul who is with out.

Second question - does the time of the wedding coincide with the game time? If yes, then maybe you could have the couple reschedule their vows to either before or after the game, or maybe even during half time - but please be sure to have a couple of big screens available at the reception. Believe me, this will create an atmosphere that your newlyweds will remember forever.

One more thing to understand - If you're son's bride has sent invitations to folks who already do have tickets to the game, then you will have a bigger problem. You could be alone at the reception with your big screens, or you may have to set through the reception watching the game with a bunch of OSue fans (this of course is assuming that ya'll are acquainted with those sort of people).

Of course, you could just let everyone know that it's really just a big game party with great food, and that it will be so amazing that anything could happen - like a wedding.

hope this helps!
Good luck - -

Jimminy Crimson
8/19/2008, 12:50 PM
It's just a wedding...

;)

humblesooner
8/19/2008, 12:56 PM
You said Bride-to-be, right?
She's not even related.
This is a no-brainer.
:texan: :D

JackDignan
8/19/2008, 01:09 PM
Can you somehow work the game into the theme of the reception? Maybe make it an asset where you set up a "wedding watching" room where you have flat screens showing video of the wedding and feeds of the game at the same time. Maybe do a whole carnival theme where the best man guesses your weight and the maid of honor wears a beard... Any chance you can convince them that it would be romantic to marry somewhere on the midway?

tommieharris91
8/19/2008, 01:14 PM
My kid's bride to be sent out their wedding invitations several months ago and realized last month the date and time falls smack dab on OU/Texass.

:mad:

Radios. It's what happened to my parents during their wedding. Or just disown them.

soonermix
8/19/2008, 01:15 PM
first you hit the bride to be square in the neck for having it that day
second you hit your son in the stomach for allowing it to be that day
third you record the game and enjoy the wedding

Rhino
8/19/2008, 01:24 PM
Kill her.

soonermix
8/19/2008, 01:27 PM
Kill her.

wow that really escalated quick

Jdog
8/19/2008, 04:33 PM
If your son got hitched to a whorn? Last edited by Pieces Hit : 8/19/2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: ha ha

What happened - why did you change it - couldn't stand the embarrassment to admit that you were asleep at the wheel on scheduling?

-------------------

To your new subject. I guess if they were in love - I'd tell them to go to Vegas to get married and to move away from both states. To a place were they will both be excepted for being in an inter-rival marriage. Some place like Vermont, Maine or Canada.

C&CDean
8/19/2008, 04:39 PM
How did we go from marrying a whorn to marrying a whorn on OU/TX Saturday? Did I miss something?

And if my son married a whorn, I'd give him one piece of advice: In the pooper and sing Boomer Sooner the whole time.

Jdog
8/19/2008, 04:54 PM
How did we go from marrying a whorn to marrying a whorn on OU/TX Saturday? Did I miss something?

And if my son married a whorn, I'd give him one piece of advice: In the pooper and sing Boomer Sooner the whole time.

It was edited at 2:00 this afternoon. - the original post was: Originally Posted by Pieces Hit View Post

OUHOMER
8/19/2008, 05:30 PM
GAWD, you must consider yourself a failure as a parent. How in the world could something like this happen. Did you trip an old lady crossing the street or something?

Just kidding, congrates you will be a grandpaw soon, Hell with your luck the kid will be born OU/tx weekend the following year:D

stoopified
8/19/2008, 05:49 PM
I'd tell him :DON"T WORRY SON,THE DEPROGRAMMERS ARE ON THE WAY.

r5TPsooner
8/19/2008, 05:50 PM
If your son got hitched to a whorn?

PUKE

Dan Thompson
8/19/2008, 06:14 PM
I went to a wedding in Austin a while back and I had an OU sticker in my back window, the bride ask me before the wedding if I would remove it.

I think I covered it, but on the way to St. Louis I uncovered it.

BTW, she later moved out here and went to USC, before moving back to Austin.

Blitzkrieg
8/19/2008, 07:20 PM
I'd tear his sacc off in OKC!

tulsaoilerfan
8/19/2008, 08:51 PM
I thought that's what open dates were for? :)

soonerloyal
8/19/2008, 09:02 PM
Never happen. I raised my boys to know better. :D

Seriously though - guess you'll need to bite the bullet and handle it graciously*. It wouldn't hurt to write "It MUST be love...I'm missing the OU/texass game for THIS!" on their getaway car... :cool:

*Plus do that whole earbud thing. Just remember not to scream "Touchdown, OKLAHOMAAAA! In yer face, you stupid whorns!". No one need know the true reason for that tearful smile of joy.

BigDeezy
8/19/2008, 10:16 PM
Fake a terrible illness so that you have to go to the hospital. . . .then you can watch the game from there, with a good, acceptable excuse.

Of course if my kid scheduled his wedding on that day, he'd be the onegoing to the hospital -- I'd send him there!!! and that's another way to have the wedding re-scheduled.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/19/2008, 10:19 PM
The last time I went to a wedding involving the poke side of my family, i purchased about 100 OU bumper stickers that ended up on about 10 cars....allegedly