PDA

View Full Version : ALLEN TO OU.....UNTIL TEXAS OFFERS?

fossil
8/19/2008, 10:33 AM
What does this guy do when the Longhorns make him an offer. Do you think he will bail and go to UT?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/Heights_quarterback_gives_commitment_to_OU.html

fossil
8/19/2008, 10:36 AM
:mad: Dang it! Didn't notice this was on the recruiting board before posting it here. Am I gonna git in trouble for this??? Pleading for mercy!

badger
8/19/2008, 10:37 AM
Too many college recruits hold themselves out and hold colleges over their head waiting for a commitment. I'm glad he verballed now and didn't leave us hanging.

Edit: Fossil, you won't get in trouble, but your thread will likely get merged. :)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/19/2008, 10:38 AM
:mad: Dang it! Didn't notice this was on the recruiting board before posting it here. Am I gonna git in trouble for this??? Pleading for mercy!

No....STEP offers his n00b protection

soonerboomer93
8/19/2008, 10:40 AM
IBTM

(oh, and STEPS protection is worthless, make him refund the charges)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/19/2008, 10:47 AM
IBTM

(oh, and STEPS protection is worthless, make him refund the charges)

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/wizardofoz1.JPG

Attention Fossil,

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

soonerboomer93
8/19/2008, 11:44 AM
i only rat you out, because you stopped paying my protection money

SoonerRecon
8/19/2008, 12:18 PM
What does this guy do when the Longhorns make him an offer. Do you think he will bail and go to UT?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/Heights_quarterback_gives_commitment_to_OU.html

garrett gilbert has already committed to ut, and he can't wait to go to the cotton bowl and never beat OU

soonerfan28
8/19/2008, 12:27 PM
The job will go to Chiles next anyway, so why go and sit. At least you know you have as much experience as Landry does and you'll have as much of a shot at it.

Rhino
8/19/2008, 12:54 PM
Recon is right. UT has a commitment from the No. 2 QB in the country in Gilbert. They aren't interested in Allen.

JackDignan
8/19/2008, 01:02 PM
I think the horns are happy for 2009 with Gilbert (although Shepard would have been a nice pick up). For 2010 I think the Texas "wants" at QB would be Tyler Arndt - Cuero (TX) Cuero and Sam Carter - Houston (TX) Sharpstown. Just my opinion.

TexasLidig8r
8/19/2008, 01:37 PM
Recon is right. UT has a commitment from the No. 2 QB in the country in Gilbert. They aren't interested in Allen.

True dat.. and...

Shepard may not be completely out of play either.

setem
8/19/2008, 01:47 PM
This kid rubs me the wrong way. I know there was not much in the write up to show me that but he does not look like the kind of kid who would succeed at OU.

stoopified
8/19/2008, 04:34 PM
It ain't like this kid is the first LIFETIME Horn fan to see thr light and come to OU.

badger
8/19/2008, 04:48 PM
It ain't like this kid is the first LIFETIME Horn fan to see thr light and come to OU.

Oh, you mean like Hayes McLonghorn? ;)

bringit
8/19/2008, 06:54 PM
I don't recall any real marquee names coming out of San Antonio, but then again, I am in the football capital of the world--Florida :)

Any superstar San Antonioans?

Jason White's Third Knee
8/19/2008, 07:00 PM
Recon is right. UT has a commitment from the No. 2 QB in the country in Gilbert...

Pronouced "Zzhil-BEAR".

Fayg.

Widescreen
8/19/2008, 08:30 PM
I don't recall any real marquee names coming out of San Antonio, but then again, I am in the football capital of the world--Florida :)

Any superstar San Antonioans?
What are you talking about? The article mentioned Giovanni Vizza - the guy who ripped us a new one last September. :D

bluedogok
8/19/2008, 09:34 PM
Did anyone else notice who the article was written by?

By Dan McCarney - Express-News

I know it's probably not the same one, but I thought it odd....

Rhino
8/19/2008, 10:31 PM

Any superstar San Antonioans? There haven't been many Sooners from San Antonio:
Thomas Lott, Jacob Gutierrez, Cory Bennett, Travis Lewis