8/19/2008, 11:53 AM
#1: she's hawt
#2: she's a governor
#3: she's young
#4: she's a life member of the NRA
#5: did I mention she's hawt?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/19/2008, 12:00 PM
FWIW, her cousin-in-law Michael should be able to get her in good with the British TV industry, too.

JohnnyMack
8/19/2008, 12:01 PM
I predict it's either John Thune (who the Republicans want to run in 2012 and conveniently McCain says he isn't running in 2012) or Pawlenty.

I say that if Thune doesn't think McCain can win, he'll decline and save himself for a run 2012.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 12:09 PM

#6: She's currently being investigated by an independent counsel for exerting undue influence to have her former brother-in-law fired from the Alaska State Troopers.
#7: She's interfering with the independent counsel by launching her own investigation to find out what people are going to say to the independent counsel.

For what it's worth, I think the Trooper in question probably should have been fired, but the governor's actions in the matter are pretty questionable.

And I actually like Governor Palin. She just has a little baggage right now.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/19/2008, 12:15 PM
#8: See #1.
#9: BOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG.

royalfan5
8/19/2008, 12:26 PM
Can you run on being anti-corruption and have a running mate from Eskimo Louisiana?

Okla-homey
8/19/2008, 12:36 PM
#6: She's currently being investigated by an independent counsel for exerting undue influence to have her former brother-in-law fired from the Alaska State Troopers.
#7: She's interfering with the independent counsel by launching her own investigation to find out what people are going to say to the independent counsel.

For what it's worth, I think the Trooper in question probably should have been fired, but the governor's actions in the matter are pretty questionable.

And I actually like Governor Palin. She just has a little baggage right now.

That can all be ascribed to partisan bickering. And it would be oh so delicious to watch the donks try to beat up on a woman VP candidate. Besides, I've already made up my mind. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
8/19/2008, 12:43 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't a southern guy or a key swing state guy. (or girl)

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 12:49 PM
That can all be ascribed to partisan bickering. And it would be oh so delicious to watch the donks try to beat up on a woman VP candidate. Besides, I've already made up my mind. ;)

I'm just saying-I think the fact that she's currently under investigation plus the widespread belief that Alaskan Republicans are tainted right now (though Palin herself won office bucking the local party and has endorsed her Lt. Governor against Don Young) is going to sink her in the vetting process.

Okla-homey
8/19/2008, 05:13 PM
I'm just saying-I think the fact that she's currently under investigation plus the widespread belief that Alaskan Republicans are tainted right now (though Palin herself won office bucking the local party and has endorsed her Lt. Governor against Don Young) is going to sink her in the vetting process.

Looks like BHO is going with Sebalius. Kansas woman. Like Barry's mom. Cute.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/19/2008, 05:15 PM
Hillary, DENIED.

r5TPsooner
8/19/2008, 05:46 PM
I don't know if they'll listen to me, but they should.:D

http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.php

Saw her on the Glenn Beck show a couple of months ago and she is very impressive and hard to dislike. Not only that, she is easy on the peepers and has good common sense, which is lacking in politics these days.

I would love that choice but it ain't gonna happen.

8/19/2008, 05:56 PM
McCain might get votes from those brilliant folks who want to see "a woman" as VP, if not POTUS.

SoonerInKCMO
8/19/2008, 06:01 PM
Meh. Her husband and son use as much gel as [hairGel]

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2008, 06:27 PM
Palin isn't bad. I like her a lot, but she doesn't add a lot to the ticket except youth and beauty.

I think his best bet is Romney or Pawlenty.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 06:29 PM
Looks like BHO is going with Sebalius. Kansas woman. Like Barry's mom. Cute.

? Where in heck are you getting that from?

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2008, 06:32 PM
I can't imagine Obama picking Sebelius.

LosAngelesSooner
8/19/2008, 06:32 PM
Lady Roundface may be a lot of things, but she ain't hawt.

Not by a long shot.

LosAngelesSooner
8/19/2008, 06:33 PM
? Where in heck are you getting that from?I've heard that from SEVERAL good sources.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 06:35 PM
I can't imagine Obama picking Sebelius.

I haven't even heard the name at all in connection with the bottom of the ticket. I'm not an insider or anything, but I'd like to think I've been keeping up with things.

I'm thinking Biden right now.

And LAS, man, you're incorrect on the Governor. She may not be a swimsuit model or anything, but she's definitely an attractive lady particularly for her age.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 06:36 PM
I've heard that from SEVERAL good sources.

Like?

Seriously, man, I'm not claiming to be a campaign insider or even close, but I've never even heard the name come up before.

KC//CRIMSON
8/19/2008, 06:37 PM

In a "naughty librarian" kinda way I guess.

LosAngelesSooner
8/19/2008, 06:43 PM
I haven't even heard the name at all in connection with the bottom of the ticket. I'm not an insider or anything, but I'd like to think I've been keeping up with things.

I'm thinking Biden right now.

And LAS, man, you're incorrect on the Governor. She may not be a swimsuit model or anything, but she's definitely an attractive lady particularly for her age.
NOT...HAWT.

Even for a 40+year old woman. She's motherly, kinda cute...MAYBE attractive, but that round pumpkin head of hers makes me think about pie, not the "hawt nasty." :D

Some of you guys need to get out more. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
8/19/2008, 06:44 PM
Like?

Seriously, man, I'm not claiming to be a campaign insider or even close, but I've never even heard the name come up before.Well, I've heard a bunch of my Democrat friends out here tossing her name around, including some higher ups in the California Democratic Party, but nothing official. I DO know, however, that her name is on the short list for Obama at this point.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 06:46 PM
Well, I've heard a bunch of my Democrat friends out here tossing her name around, including some higher ups in the California Democratic Party, but nothing official. I DO know, however, that her name is on the short list for Obama at this point.

I know that she was supposedly on the short list, but most of the recent speculation I've heard is either Biden or Bayh.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 06:46 PM
NOT...HAWT.

Even for a 40+year old woman. She's motherly, kinda cute...MAYBE attractive, but that round pumpkin head of hers makes me think about pie, not the "hawt nasty." :D

Some of you guys need to get out more. ;)

Does it make her hotter for you that she refused to let her baby be born in Texas?

JohnnyMack
8/19/2008, 06:52 PM
It's Hillary you smacktards.

LosAngelesSooner
8/19/2008, 06:53 PM
I know that she was supposedly on the short list, but most of the recent speculation I've heard is either Biden or Bayh.
Biden...BLECH! No way. He's WAY too outspoken for a VP candidate.

The Dems do that and they DEFINITELY give McCain a fighting chance.

Does it make her hotter for you that she refused to let her baby be born in Texas? Hotter? NO. But it DOES give her an instant pass into heaven. :D

JohnnyMack
8/19/2008, 06:53 PM
And if I deferred to LAS on who is hot or not I'd never have any names on my list. All the more proof he's probably gay.

JohnnyMack
8/19/2008, 07:00 PM
If Obama wants to win this thing he picks HRC or Biden. If his ego truly is so large he thinks he can do it with Kaine or KS I think he'll get beat.

LosAngelesSooner
8/19/2008, 07:16 PM
And if I deferred to LAS on who is hot or not I'd never have any names on my list. All the more proof he's probably gay.Just because I have standards and want to bring my genes out of the mire and muck of the primordial ooze, while you keep trolling for your 2am bar closing skanks in the same ooze, does NOT make me "probably gay."

The fact that I write flowery romance novels under the pseudonym Peachy McFuzzynavel does.

;)

Okla-homey
8/19/2008, 07:53 PM
If Obama wants to win this thing he picks HRC or Biden. If his ego truly is so large he thinks he can do it with Kaine or KS I think he'll get beat.

I'm old. I remember 88 when Biden's presidential campaign crashed and burned over the fact he was busted for plagiarizing a law review article in a class paper he wrote at Syracuse. Biden pleaded ignorance due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and was permitted to retake the course.

Then, to make matters worser, when questioned by a voter at a campaign stop about his grades in law school, Biden lied claiming to have graduated in the "top half" of his class. He actually graduated very near the bottom. Like #80 out of 90.

Faced with these flaming poop bombs, Biden withdrew saying his candidacy had been overrun by "the exaggerated shadow" of his mistakes.

I pray BHO picks him. But he won't pick Biden. He voted for the war.

r5TPsooner
8/19/2008, 08:00 PM
Palin isn't bad. I like her a lot, but she doesn't add a lot to the ticket except youth and beauty.

I think his best bet is Romney or Pawlenty.

Pawlenty doesn't offer anything! He won't even bring Minnesota to the Pub side come election day.

They call him "Mr. Fee Man" in Minnesota. He promised not to raise taxes so instead he created a bunch of stupid *** fees.

Pawlenty Blows!

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2008, 08:02 PM
Pawlenty doesn't offer anything! He won't even bring Minnesota to the Pub side come election day.

They call him "Mr. Fee Man" in Minnesota. He promised not to raise taxes so instead he created a bunch of stupid *** fees.

Pawlenty Blows!

So does McCain. Whoever he picks is just going to be lipstick on a pig at best.

Okla-homey
8/19/2008, 08:06 PM
So does McCain. Whoever he picks is just going to be lipstick on a pig at best.

I double dog dare you to say that to JSM's face. The man is a fighter pilot. They don't take to that kind of lip from the likes ne're-do-well, pudnocker, professional undergraduate college students.

;)

LosAngelesSooner
8/19/2008, 08:07 PM
McCain is a good man.

Okla-homey
8/19/2008, 08:12 PM
McCain is a good man.

damn skippy.

JohnnyMack
8/19/2008, 08:12 PM
I'm old. I remember 88 when Biden's presidential campaign crashed and burned over the fact he was busted for plagiarizing a law review article in a class paper he wrote at Syracuse. Biden pleaded ignorance due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and was permitted to retake the course.

Then, to make matters worser, when questioned by a voter at a campaign stop about his grades in law school, Biden lied claiming to have graduated in the "top half" of his class. He actually graduated very near the bottom. Like #80 out of 90.

Faced with these flaming poop bombs, Biden withdrew saying his candidacy had been overrun by "the exaggerated shadow" of his mistakes.

I pray BHO picks him. But he won't pick Biden. He voted for the war.

McCain made up a story about a prison guard and a cross. And he was part of the Keating Five. And he cheated on his wife. Whheeeee!!!!!!!

soonerscuba
8/19/2008, 08:16 PM
I double dog dare you to say that to JSM's face. The man is a fighter pilot. They don't take to that kind of lip from the likes ne're-do-well, pudnocker, professional undergraduate college students.

;)

Plus, he wouldn't have to raise his arms to shoulder level to fight Sic'em.

Sorry for the pile on Sic'em.

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2008, 08:19 PM

;)

Surely he could handle me telling him that I don't like his politics. I expect my Presidents and fighter pilots to be a bit more secure than that.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 08:26 PM
Hmm.

Biden finished 80th of 90 in his law school class.

Which is significantly higher than McCain finished in his Naval Academy class. ;)

Said class also included one of the Mamas and the Papas and Admiral Poindexter (who was #1 in the class.)

8/19/2008, 09:02 PM
McCain made up a story about a prison guard and a cross. And he was part of the Keating Five. And he cheated on his wife. Whheeeee!!!!!!!Yet, we have suspicions he is a patriotic guy who's not a racist, unlike another presidential candidate.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2008, 11:17 PM
That's a pretty awful assertion to make about Bob Barr just because he's from Georgia.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 12:22 AM
That's a pretty awful assertion to make about Bob Barr just because he's from Georgia.

I should neg you for that and the murder comment, but I won't because I like you.:texan:

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 12:48 AM
What? Rush is the guy saying Bob Barr is a racist, not me. I don't think he's racist at all.

KC//CRIMSON
8/20/2008, 10:27 AM
McCain made up a story about a prison guard and a cross. And he was part of the Keating Five. And he cheated on his wife. Whheeeee!!!!!!!

http://designbrawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/john_mccain_doesnt_know.jpg

Don't forget his stop over at Sturgis, because fifty thousand drunks in leather can't be wrong!

8/20/2008, 10:34 AM
What? Rush is the guy saying Bob Barr is a racist, not me. I don't think he's racist at all.Just for those who aren't paying close attention, it looks like some Obama fans won't admit he's a racist.

8/20/2008, 10:35 AM
Just for those who aren't paying close attention, it looks like some Obama fans won't admit he's a racist.I repeat, in case it gets "fixed".

JohnnyMack
8/20/2008, 10:40 AM
Just for those who aren't paying close attention, it looks like some Obama fans won't admit he's a racist.

How can someone who's half white, half black be a racist again?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2008, 10:41 AM
He hates the Dutch

JohnnyMack
8/20/2008, 10:45 AM
Who doesn't?

Lott's Bandana
8/20/2008, 11:15 AM
Hawt? M'thinks not.

But when compared to HRC? En Fuego!!!

I'm not particularly fond of over-achievers in my own generation. It always seems to be more "hey look at me!" than genuine service. I suppose I've been spoiled by the generation of leadership that came immediately from and just after WII...those that served because of a sense of duty.

I'm not throwing all 35-55 yo leadership under the bus...I'm just much more apt to check them out and see what they have done that wasn't simply a resume' pad. It was easy when our candidates almost all had worn a uniform.

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 11:24 AM
Just for those who aren't paying close attention, it looks like some Obama fans won't admit he's a racist.

:rolleyes:

Just for some who aren't paying attention, that's a pretty ******y thing to say about a candidate whose message has consistently been about racial unity.

soonersn20xx
8/20/2008, 11:33 AM

Just for some who aren't paying attention, that's a pretty ******y thing to say about a candidate whose message has consistently been about racial unity.

Plus the right has consistently engaged in character assassination rather than the issues.

But in regards to JSM's running mate, he does not need one.

http://pix.nofrag.com/9/9/8/5693a70927433e2822b0798769b18.jpg (http://pix.nofrag.com/9/9/8/5693a70927433e2822b0798769b18.html)

soonerscuba
8/20/2008, 11:50 AM
Classic.

Okla-homey
8/20/2008, 11:57 AM
Hey, at least JSM doesn't let his brother live in a hut under horrid conditions.

nanner, nanner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2590614/Barack-Obamas-lost-brother-found-in-Kenya.html

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, and at least Obama recognizes that he does have a half-brother.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93708729

Okla-homey
8/20/2008, 12:08 PM

No relation to JSM you obfuscator you. ;) Besides, this putative "sister" of the next First Lady does NOT live in a hut on a dollar a day.

I say "putative" because you can bet that if she was indeed Cindy's sis, some lawyer would have sued for her fair share of the family fortune.

soonersn20xx
8/20/2008, 12:11 PM
Homey got pwned. :P

Okla-homey
8/20/2008, 12:13 PM
Homey got pwned. :P

:les: SHE'S NOT HIS SISTER!!!11!

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 12:16 PM
No relation to JSM you obfuscator you. ;) Besides, this putative "sister" of the next First Lady does NOT live in a hut on a dollar a day.

I say "putative" because you can bet that if she was indeed Cindy's sis, some lawyer would have sued for her fair share of the family fortune.

I thought the conservative message was that his brother should have worked his way up out of poverty by now.

It's a little tough to try to place any blame on Senator Obama for not supporting a brother who he lost contact with when he was a child.

And yes, this woman is definitely Cindy McCain's half-sister. The documentation backs it up and she was mentioned in the father's will.

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 12:18 PM
By the way-an interesting topic for the Good Morning thread would be the Alaska Territorial Guard. An all-volunteer force that protected Alaska during WWII, they got no official recognition until a couple of years ago when the National Guard decided to start tracking them down to give them DD-14s and recognize their service.

soonerscuba
8/20/2008, 12:25 PM
Cindy McCain=Lucille Bluth.

JohnnyMack
8/20/2008, 12:53 PM
Hey, at least JSM doesn't let his brother live in a hut under horrid conditions.

nanner, nanner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2590614/Barack-Obamas-lost-brother-found-in-Kenya.html

Ya know my ex-wife had a situation in which she never knew her father. He split early and was basically a no-account worthless piece of ****. She found out later in life that her father had continued his philandering ways and produced more illegitimate children across these here United States. Technically her "brothers and her sisters". Does she have any responsibility to those people and their well being?

Any insinuation that BHO has any obligation towards this guy is just absurd.

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 01:19 PM
Interestingly enough, I'm hearing through the grapevine that Obama is about to pick up an endorsement from a former Republican governor of Alaska who's about as pro-development as you can get. A guy who served in the Nixon administration in a pretty high post.

soonerscuba
8/20/2008, 01:30 PM
That's nothing compared to Toby Keith.

King Crimson
8/20/2008, 01:36 PM
Speaking of Saddleback:

the John Lewis reaction statement about McCain "consulting him" is pretty funny.

way to sling a nice rasher of strategic crapola, JSM. it doesn't even matter if it's remotely true; but he ticks all the boxes with Petreus (turn the whole election into a referendum on "the surge" and later "drilling now") and a perceived sense of "racial unity" that crosses party lines--which is clearly an underhand poke at Obama the Black Panther. More yeoman work from Rove. though, like i say, Lewis rebuffed the statement as fairly ridiculous but it's out there.

King Crimson
8/20/2008, 01:44 PM
"Sen. McCain and I are colleagues in the US Congress, not confidantes. He does not consult me. And I do not consult him."--John Lewis

r5TPsooner
8/20/2008, 01:50 PM

Is that the white or black half?

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2008, 03:31 PM
Is that the white or black half?And, unfortunately, it's thoughts like this that will lead some Americans not to vote for a person. :rolleyes:

8/20/2008, 03:38 PM
Haha a Leftist Soonerfans Kumbaya session, gathering around the selection of McCain's running mate. Forward this to George Soros for inspiration.

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2008, 03:56 PM
Haha a Leftist Soonerfans Kumbaya session, gathering around the selection of McCain's running mate. Forward this to George Soros for inspiration.Dude? You need help.

picasso
8/20/2008, 03:57 PM
And, unfortunately, it's thoughts like this that will lead some Americans not to vote for a person. :rolleyes:

especially if BO keeps playing the race card.

Scott D
8/20/2008, 04:00 PM
and after much thought, Homey is still a ****ing moron.

and by much, I mean the 30 second break he took from politics.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 04:20 PM
By the way-an interesting topic for the Good Morning thread would be the Alaska Territorial Guard. An all-volunteer force that protected Alaska during WWII, they got no official recognition until a couple of years ago when the National Guard decided to start tracking them down to give them DD-14s and recognize their service.

They didn't do a great job. Alaska was invaded and occupied (well a couple of the Aleutian Islands) in WWII. ;)

I kid. I'm sure they were fantastic.

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 04:22 PM
They didn't do a great job. Alaska was invaded and occupied (well a couple of the Aleutian Islands) in WWII. ;)

I'm aware of the capture of Attu and Kiska islands, thanks. :D

That whole episode was a cluster**** of epic proportions.

On the other hand, at least they didn't let the invading army rampage through the whole state and burn down the biggest city, and you don't let that stop you from doing Johnny Reb stuff. ;)

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 04:23 PM
I'm aware of the capture of Attu and Kiska islands, thanks. :D

That whole episode was a cluster**** of epic proportions.

Honestly, did the Republic seriously miss and mourn the loss of Attu and Kiska?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2008, 04:23 PM
They didn't do a great job. Alaska was invaded and occupied (well a couple of the Aleutian Islands) in WWII.

I heard the Confederacy did a kick-*** job against Sherman's boys, though.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 04:24 PM
I heard the Confederacy did a kick-*** job against Sherman's boys, though.

Yeah...the women and children he burned out of their homes should have done a MUCH better job on the front-lines.

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 04:24 PM
Honestly, did the Republic seriously miss and mourn the loss of Attu and Kiska?

Heh. I think you spekked that comment before I got my edit in.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2008, 04:28 PM
Heh. I think you spekked that comment before I got my edit in.

:sigh:

Yes I did.

Damned you.

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 04:32 PM
Feel free to neg that last one to make up for it or whatever.

But the next time you crack a joke about Attu and Kiska, think of all the brave ptarmagin and puffins that were burned out of their nests.

Fugue
8/20/2008, 04:39 PM
Feel free to neg that last one to make up for it or whatever.

But the next time you crack a joke about Attu and Kiska, think of all the brave ptarmagin and puffins that were burned out of their nests.

Or poster's relatives that may have died there. ;)

Okla-homey
8/21/2008, 05:50 AM
and after much thought, Homey is still a ****ing moron.

Moron? Homey is not supporting the most unqualified candidate for president in the history of the republic. Homey may be many things but he's not that gullible. Homey remembers what happened the last time we elected a "change" candidate who lacked substance. Of course the upside was Carter only served a disastrous single term.

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2008, 06:08 AM
Moron? Homey is not supporting the most unqualified candidate for president in the history of the republic. Homey may be many things but he's not that gullible. Homey remembers what happened the last time we elected a "change" candidate who lacked substance. Of course the upside was Bush only served two disastrous terms, ruined our economy, supervised the worst managed war in our history, trampled over the Constitution, tarnished our standing in the world, crippled the Republican Party and made a general idiot of himself.Fixed.

Okla-homey
8/21/2008, 06:33 AM
Fixed.

Bush is either an idiot or he was smart enough to do all that bad stuff you mentioned. You can't have it both ways. Idiot, or evil genius. Please choose one. And the war in Iraq is a far cry from the "worst managed war in our history." You should read some US military history my friend. Besides, the people collectively decided they didn't agree with your sentiments in 2004.

I agree the GOP brand is in the toilet right now, but that is also why I am so enthusiastic about the fact BHO can't crack a solid poll lead. Could it be the folks see him for what he is and simply can't abide putting an empty suit who gives good speech in the White House?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

JohnnyMack
8/21/2008, 09:01 AM
Bush is either an idiot or he was smart enough to do all that bad stuff you mentioned. You can't have it both ways. Idiot, or evil genius. Please choose one. And the war in Iraq is a far cry from the "worst managed war in our history." You should read some US military history my friend. Besides, the people collectively decided they didn't agree with your sentiments in 2004.

I agree the GOP brand is in the toilet right now, but that is also why I am so enthusiastic about the fact BHO can't crack a solid poll lead. Could it be the folks see him for what he is and simply can't abide putting an empty suit who gives good speech in the White House?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Once again Homey makes this entire race an up or down vote on Obama. Truth be told neither candidate is the ideal person for the job. But to somehow insinuate that McCain is somehow less of an "empty suit" than BHO is just laughable. Have you actually listened to McCain speak? Did you actually watch the Saddleback disaster and come away thinking McCain gave you anything more than broken up pieces of a stump speech? McCain is about as deep as the list of women SicEm has banged.

JohnnyMack
8/21/2008, 09:04 AM

The two polls that show McCain with a lead were both conducted while BHO was on vacation and McCain had this place to himself. Notice the dates on the polls.

As we all know the attention span of the average registered voter is about .005 seconds.

soonersn20xx
8/21/2008, 09:42 AM
Being a below average pilot and serviceman, which actually might have led to his being shot down to begin with................ doesn't fill up a suit.

Fugue
8/21/2008, 09:47 AM
Being a below average pilot and serviceman, which actually might have led to his being shot down to begin with................ doesn't fill up a suit.

below average serviceman?

so he didn't suffer well enough as a pow or something?

what a ridiculous thing to post even if you don't like him.

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 09:52 AM

Wow. Some of you people are truly unhinged with your ignorant lunacy.

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 09:54 AM
Once again Homey makes this entire race an up or down vote on Obama. Truth be told neither candidate is the ideal person for the job. But to somehow insinuate that McCain is somehow less of an "empty suit" than BHO is just laughable. Have you actually listened to McCain speak? Did you actually watch the Saddleback disaster and come away thinking McCain gave you anything more than broken up pieces of a stump speech? McCain is about as deep as the list of women SicEm has banged.

Like it or not, this election is a referendum on Barack. McCain is generally perceived as the "safe" candidate.

soonersn20xx
8/21/2008, 09:56 AM
John McCain lost a total of 5 aircraft while in the service and finished 894 out of 899 of his class, if that isn't below average I don't know what is.

Instead I accuse you of lunacy, lunacy of denial.

Fugue
8/21/2008, 09:58 AM
John McCain lost a total of 5 aircraft while in the service and finished 894 out of 899 of his class, if that isn't below average I don't know what is.

Well, we are all sorry that he didn't fight for his country well enough for you.

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 10:02 AM

Denial? You are so ****ing clueless and you don't even know it. WTF does his class standing have to do with how "good" of a serviceman he was? I've read the whole thing about his 5 aircraft and you are so far from being able to judge anybody's military record it's not even worth talking about. He was ****ing shot down over enemy territory. It's a combat zone genius. The Red ****ing Baron also got shot down before. I also fail to see how his being such a ****ty serviceman caused a missile to fire from another plane and hit his while sitting on the deck of an aircraft carrier, but I'm sure you have all the answers to that as well. :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
8/21/2008, 10:07 AM
The Red ****ing Baron also got shot down before.

http://allpoetry.com/images/ext/Item/1695/661.jpg

:D

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 10:09 AM
Jlf---13Q0g

Okla-homey
8/21/2008, 10:10 AM
Once again Homey makes this entire race an up or down vote on Obama. Truth be told neither candidate is the ideal person for the job.

I agree of course. Moreover, I have a dream: When BHO goes down in flames, perhaps the left with give up this flirtation with socialism with which they appear so enamored and start choosing centrist candidates who might actually have a snowball's chance of igniting some support from the 60% of the electorate in the middle -- you know, the folks who make this country work.

Okla-homey
8/21/2008, 10:12 AM
http://allpoetry.com/images/ext/Item/1695/661.jpg

:D

Don't forget Dick Bong. America's number one WWII ace and a MOH winner. Died at the controls of an early US jet fighter.

soonerscuba
8/21/2008, 10:39 AM
Homey, I gotta call you out on your "change" mantra and equating Barack's campaign exclusively to Carter, it's a sly trick, but not historically or politically accurate.

Did you hero, Ronald Reagan, stand for the status quo? Did Reagan not make the elections about hope? Did Bush look back fondly on the Clinton years and promise more of the same? Every election is about change, and every politician whose party doesn't control the office they seek promises it.

I get that you don't like Obama, but Democrats are not going to pick a candidate that Republicans like, they are going to pick a candidate that they think can win. Also, moving to the fringe of the party worked for the Republicans, I mean the current CinC doesn't believe in taxes during war and executes the mentally handicapped. I don't think the Republicans have much room to pipe of centrist policy right now, especially since McCain sold his dignity for the nomination and promises these very policies.

soonersn20xx
8/21/2008, 11:00 AM
I would just like to add that John McCain would rather start a war than lose an election.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/21/2008, 11:11 AM
http://yourargumentisinvalid.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/my_hair_is_a_bird.jpg

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 11:19 AM
Nice. :)

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2008, 11:45 AM

Really? And what military service do you have that you can judge his abilities?

I have a few choice words for you right now...

soonersn20xx
8/21/2008, 11:55 AM

Don't ask me, ask Wesley Clark...........you can punch John McCain's golden willy wonk ticket of military experience but I choose to ask questions and examine exactly why he is assumed to be such a great leader based on being shot down.

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 12:03 PM

Zero. He has no understanding whatsoever of war, combat, honor, or the experience and selfless dedication of serving your country.

They won't penetrate his little warm cocoon of elitist ignorance that he has built.

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2008, 12:04 PM
Don't ask me, ask Wesley Clark...........you can punch John McCain's golden willy wonk ticket of military experience but I choose to ask questions and examine exactly why he is assumed to be such a great leader based on being shot down.

Have you even read what happened to that man in captivity? HAVE YOU!?!?!? You may not like his merits as a politician, but any man who goes through what he has and not capitulated is more than just a great sailor/soldier/airman/marine...he's a gawdamned hero! Us guys who went through SERE in the military got just a small taste of what he went through...but I guess that doesn't matter to you because you trust an ARMY guy's opinion of a NAVAL officer's career. That's about as credible as SicEm giving dating advice!

And I guess that means that, by your standards, Bush Sr. was a ****ty leader cause he got shot down in WWII! You're pathetic! ****er!

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 12:06 PM
But, but, but he got shot down. He's a bad serviceman. :rolleyes:

soonersn20xx
8/21/2008, 12:08 PM
So being tortured and not capitulating(which is not proveable one way or another, how do we know he didn't talk). We can just shut down the colleges and schools and open up torture clinics, and produce all the leaders we need. :rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2008, 12:09 PM

Indeed.

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2008, 12:12 PM
So being tortured and not capitulating(which is not proveable one way or another, how do we not know he didn't talk). We can just shut down the colleges and schools and open up torture clinics, and produce all the leaders we need. :rolleyes:

You're not even making sense!
Of course they could prove if he did talk...he was the son of a Navy ADMIRAL! If he talked, they'd have plastered him all over the airwaves with their propaganda...he was a potential goldmine to the VC. Did you see any of that? Nope! Ergo...he resisted to the utmost of his ability.

The fact that he resisted shows that he won't switch his ideals just because the pressure's on him to do so. That's a mark of a great leader...to stand by your convictions and your ideals in the face of mounting pressure to do otherwise.

And as far as your lovely negspek comment "Look at your pic, fricking dweeb," I am proud to serve my country...even if means protecting the freedoms of smallwangers like yourself.

soonersn20xx
8/21/2008, 12:19 PM
And as far as your lovely negspek comment "Look at your pic, fricking dweeb," I am proud to serve my country...even if means protecting the freedoms of smallwangers like yourself.

"Onward Christian soldier, blah blah blah".......just think if you had been born 60 years earlier, you possess the perfect mental makeup of a Hitler youth inductee. You just seem to come across as a little too self-righteous and narrow-minded.

If you don't like my neg-spek comments, perhaps you shouldn't started with your previous rude 10 spek comments......grow up.

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2008, 12:24 PM
....just think if you had been born 60 years earlier, you possess the perfect mental makeup of a Hitler youth inductee.

...you just crossed the line.

I'm going to vacate myself from this thread, or else I'd risk getting carded for all the things I really want to say to you.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/21/2008, 12:37 PM
"Onward Christian soldier, blah blah blah".......just think if you had been born 60 years earlier, you possess the perfect mental makeup of a Hitler youth inductee. You just seem to come across as a little too self-righteous and narrow-minded.

If you don't like my neg-spek comments, perhaps you shouldn't started with your previous rude 10 spek comments......grow up.

Have some more neg. It's one thing to be a partisan shill and wax eloquent about your horse of choice in a presidential race. That's 90% of the fun of politics.

It's another entirely to cross the line like you just have.

Here's some truth for you, being you're so interested in the twisted presentation of. You're an ***. You deserve a right hook to the chops for sh*tting on the service NOT of John McCain as a public figure, but of Stormchaser. The likes of you make me physically ill, yet thankful that our country can remain so free that fools and their insanity can thump their podiums of mindboggling stupidity and not be carted away in shackles.

That's truth. Makes me love America.

But it makes me intensely dislike you.