PDA

View Full Version : Bradford on ESPN2 First Take 10am ET

hgarmorer
8/19/2008, 08:48 AM
Going to talk about the upcoming season. Damn I can't wait for kickoff.

The Maestro
8/19/2008, 10:57 AM
Just saw him. Sam did a great job...seems so much older this year. The last question was "At the end of the year Sam Bradford will be ______?" Sam's answer?

National champions.

hgarmorer
8/19/2008, 11:18 AM
It was a good interview. Sounded down to earth and I liked his answer about talking to the other B12 QB's. Pretty funny stuff.

JLEW1818
8/19/2008, 11:46 AM
**** i missed it, can anybody get a link of it??

The Maestro
8/19/2008, 12:02 PM
**** i missed it, can anybody get a link of it??

It was pretty watered down, actually. You didn't miss much. I just really liked that ending.

Jdog
8/19/2008, 01:20 PM
Let me start by say that yes this is a pre-judgmental post, but here is the way I could see other QB's from around the league answering that question.

OU - National Champion
Tejas - Big 12 Champion
MIZU - Heisman Trophy Winner
Tortilla tech - national leader in passing yardage
JHawk - two time BCS bowl winner
Aggie South - in a bowl game.
Beaffalo - Daddy's favorite little QB
OSwho - grand prize winner at the North West stockshow.

illinisooner
8/19/2008, 03:16 PM
Let me start by say that yes this is a pre-judgmental post, but here is the way I could see other QB's from around the league answering that question.

OU - National Champion
Tejas - Big 12 Champion
MIZU - Heisman Trophy Winner
Tortilla tech - national leader in passing yardage
JHawk - two time BCS bowl winner
Aggie South - in a bowl game.
Beaffalo - Daddy's favorite little QB
OSwho - grand prize winner at the North West stockshow.

If Colt was on FT, Mack would have stepped in and said "let me answer that one for Colt."

fadada1
8/19/2008, 03:29 PM
baylor - pray (literally) we still have football in 2009.

califsooner
8/19/2008, 05:22 PM
Hey guys.....I'm actually just wondering if anyone going to the UW game in Seattle happens to have seats in section 53?? I'm a Sooner fan in Calif and was able to grab som tix in this section after hearing some were alotted to our fans back home. I wasn't able to buy single game road tix from OU and also didn't want to sit way back in our end zone beyond that track at Husky stadium....so just hoping there is a good mix of 'Sooner faithful' in my area for the game. Thx alot and enjoy the trip!!!

stoopified
8/19/2008, 05:46 PM
I watched the interview and thought Sam was great.Skip Bayless' comments afterward made me see CRIMSON.That skinny,mouthy,ghey(not that there is anything wrong with that),pretentious ,pompous,a$$hat makes me want to upchuck.

How can he make such a total Bullsh!t statement?!While I agree that the blowout losses to USC,WV were hard to stomach and yes,even humiliating how does a 7 point loss in the NC game to LSU fit his statement?Or for that matter a 1 point loss in OT to a team that finished 5TH in one poll and 6th in another?

For someone from Oklahoma who claims to be such a huge OU fan he never misses a chance to bash on the Sooners.OK,rant over,I feel better now.

When asked what he thoughtof Sam's National Champions comment as he(Skip) is a BIG SOONERS fan(yeah,right) Bayless said something to the effect that he would believe if OU didn't have a coach who had lost AND BEEN HUMILIATED in 4 straight BCS games.

illinisooner
8/19/2008, 06:30 PM
Sam was also on College Football Live this afternoon.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/19/2008, 06:58 PM
I watched the interview and thought Sam was great.Skip Bayless' comments afterward made me see CRIMSON.That skinny,mouthy,ghey(not that there is anything wrong with that),pretentious ,pompous,a$$hat makes me want to upchuck.

How can he make such a total Bullsh!t statement?!While I agree that the blowout losses to USC,WV were hard to stomach and yes,even humiliating how does a 7 point loss in the NC game to LSU fit his statement?Or for that matter a 1 point loss in OT to a team that finished 5TH in one poll and 6th in another?

For someone from Oklahoma who claims to be such a huge OU fan he never misses a chance to bash on the Sooners.OK,rant over,I feel better now.

When asked what he thoughtof Sam's National Champions comment as he(Skip) is a BIG SOONERS fan(yeah,right) Bayless said something to the effect that he would believe if OU didn't have a coach who had lost AND BEEN HUMILIATED in 4 straight BCS games.

That's what makes Skip a football retard. He is totally inflamatory and likes to make dumbass jokes about teams to attract attention to himself. It's his job and he's good at it. Why? Because people will watch his stupid *** so they can bitch about him. He doesn't care if what he says is logical or even close to smart. He just wants you to tune in. **** skip. He's a ***** anyway.

I was definately humiliated by some west coast team in Florida, but I might be making that up. As far as Boise, LSU, and WV go, I was just radically disappointed.

JLEW1818
8/19/2008, 08:22 PM
Sam did good.

JLEW1818
8/19/2008, 08:24 PM
Okay Skip is my favorite guy on Espn period. Michael Smith is my second. I honestly think some of the stuff Skip says, is not how he really feels. I think Espn just tells him to "be a jackass, be the guy who disagrees no matter what"

As far as Sam, he did great. Everybody knows Sam is good, everybody. But I think he will show people he is great, this year. The best quality about Sam is, he is SMART.

tommieharris91
8/19/2008, 08:47 PM
Okay Skip is my favorite guy on Espn period. Michael Smith is my second. I honestly think some of the stuff Skip says, is not how he really feels. I think Espn just tells him to "be a jackass, be the guy who disagrees no matter what"

As far as Sam, he did great. Everybody knows Sam is good, everybody. But I think he will show people he is great, this year. The best quality about Sam is, he is SMART.

Skip is a complete idiot when it comes to like everything. He makes up stats and is consistently on the wrong side of an argument. Watching him makes people sports stupid. This is especially true of anything baseball. A lot of people in many different audiences think he wasn't a very good writer, either.

As for Sam, I've heard good things about the kid. I once met a girl who dated him in high school. She said he was brilliant. I also hear he sports a 4.0 as a finance major. That's not easy to do in the business college.

sooneron
8/19/2008, 09:12 PM
I want to neg Jlew for liking Skip so much. Someone please talk me out if it.

Jdog
8/19/2008, 10:18 PM

stoopified I'm not trying to be contentious nor do I agree with the overrated yippy Skippy, but Bayless' remark sounds like a lot of the posts that I've read on this board after those BCS losses.

JLEW1818
8/19/2008, 10:57 PM
I want to neg Jlew for liking Skip so much. Someone please talk me out if it.

Ya Skip is a little out there. But half the people on ESPN are full of bull ****. Like the black female reporter for example, who was on there today. If Skip is so bad, then why the **** is he on ESPN ? He is right about a lot of things by the way.

Example, how the Mets would Choke last year. And I love the fact that He kills Dallas for taking TO. HE STOMPED ON THE DALLAS STAR !!!!!! AND DALLAS STILL TOOK HIM.

I have great respect for him.

tommieharris91
8/19/2008, 11:21 PM
Ya Skip is a little out there. But half the people on ESPN are full of bull ****. Like the black female reporter for example, who was on there today. If Skip is so bad, then why the **** is he on ESPN ? He is right about a lot of things by the way.

Example, how the Mets would Choke last year. And I love the fact that He kills Dallas for taking TO. HE STOMPED ON THE DALLAS STAR !!!!!! AND DALLAS STILL TOOK HIM.

I have great respect for him.

You don't have to be good to be on ESPN. In fact, you can be pretty bad and be on ESPN (Joe Morgan, Brent Musberger, and the list is really long). He still thinks Kevin Garnett and Lebron James aren't very good basketball players. He thinks Adam Dunn is a bum who can't hit. I could go on and on and on, but I stopped watching him about a year ago for saying such gimmicky things.

JLEW1818
8/19/2008, 11:34 PM
I'm not saying he is the smartest at all, don't get me wrong. I just think it is fun to watch him because he will say the most entertaining stuff. As far as Lebron James He does not stand out from any other star in the league. Check out his 3 point percentage. The only reason he made it to the finals was because his league sucked horribly. Put him in the west every year and see what happens. You play a good team everytime, in the playoffs. Lebron will never be anything special. EVER.

tommieharris91
8/19/2008, 11:49 PM
So he shouldn't be shooting 3s... ok... he's still a highly efficient player (Hollinger had him at the top of his PER at the end of last season), and at his age, I would take him over every other player in the NBA right now, and so would a whole buncha other people. Also, in 2007 his team wasn't that good. That team probably misses the playoffs without him each of the last two seasons.

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 12:12 AM
He could be the best if he could learn to drive like M.J.

The Maestro
8/20/2008, 10:55 AM
I still have no clue why some Sooner fans bash Brent Musberger. He has called some of the greatest OU games ever and has some very memorable calls of great plays...Patrick Collins run against Nebraska in 1987, Roy Williams/Teddy Lehman pick in OU-Texas 2001. He's a legend whether anyone likes it or not and has done nothing but be very complimentary of the OU program when doing their games over the last 20 years.

tommieharris91
8/20/2008, 12:12 PM
I still have no clue why some Sooner fans bash Brent Musberger. He has called some of the greatest OU games ever and has some very memorable calls of great plays...Patrick Collins run against Nebraska in 1987, Roy Williams/Teddy Lehman pick in OU-Texas 2001. He's a legend whether anyone likes it or not and has done nothing but be very complimentary of the OU program when doing their games over the last 20 years.

Ehh, he's kinda changing his tune, but it seems like between 2000-2005 he didn't have much good to say about OU football.

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 12:43 PM
Actually he said do these guys ever lose a big game? After Super Roy. I like him always will.

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 12:49 PM
Actually he might have jinxed us..... I'LL KILL HIM!!!!

The Maestro
8/20/2008, 12:58 PM
Ehh, he's kinda changing his tune, but it seems like between 2000-2005 he didn't have much good to say about OU football.

No biggie, but I need examples to believe that. I saw nothing but rave reviews of our team, players and heart. And I like his flare for the dramatic.

2001 falls in the years you mentioned...go to YouTube and listen to Brent's lines from the OU-Texas game. Besides, announcers of games rarely have agendas...when we play well and win they are complimentary. When we play bad they don't compliment as much because there isn't much reason to.

illinisooner
8/20/2008, 01:31 PM
Brent is a love him or hate him broadcaster, you're either one or the other, there's no inbetween. I happen to think he's tremendous, but some of my friends would like to utilize the SAP button when he announces. As for Skip, he is entertaining and occasionally has a legit argument...but shouldn't really be taken seriously. He once said the NBA playoffs were way more exciting to watch than March Madness!

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyOJZqPBByY