PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Offensive Sets

soonersn20xx
8/18/2008, 11:16 PM
For those of you who might have the opportunity to watch some scrimmages this year, what offensive sets do you see them using predominantly? Any wrinkles or other observations as well.

I was hoping to see a more I-formation with a full back lead to help Murray through some holes.

SoonerKnight
8/19/2008, 12:40 AM
Perhaps you havn't heard...........

Practices at Oklahoma are a bigger secret than Obama and McCain's vice-presidential choices.

Stoops has closed all but two of his team's preseason practices to prying eyes. The speculation is that the Sooners are still working on the no-huddle offense they added to the playbook during spring practice.

goingoneight
8/19/2008, 12:41 AM
Three TE sets with Eldrige, Hanna and Gresham should be fun. They call it the "jumbo set." We run particulalry well out of it, and obviously throw it to the TE very well out of it.

Direct snap = wasted down.

soonersn20xx
8/19/2008, 12:48 AM
Three TE sets with Eldrige, Hanna and Gresham should be fun. They call it the "jumbo set." We run particulalry well out of it, and obviously throw it to the TE very well out of it.

Direct snap = wasted down.

I did not know the clamps were down at the scrimmages, I'm sure they won't reveal much against the mocs either.

sooneron
8/19/2008, 07:46 AM
Don't expect to see a lot until (maybe) the tcu game.

illinisooner
8/19/2008, 08:57 AM
Earlier in the year Stoops mentioned he might use a Eldridge a FB, Clapp at RB power running package in goal line/short yardage situation. With our OL, that'd be unstoppable.

MojoRisen
8/19/2008, 09:23 AM
I am pretty sure Washington will be a test at their house - I hope we have the luxuary of holding things back until Texas like the old days. Something tells me we need to be able to execute before that against Washington and Cincinnati who is basically rated 26th in the country.