PDA

View Full Version : Okay here some good stories on Big XII

SoonerKnight
8/18/2008, 08:21 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/SportArchives.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&SPID=13139

Reclining chairs in end zone? Leather no less!

Reclining seats: Kansas will have leather recliners for sale in the endzones at this year's home games. In addition to wait service and flat-screen TVs, the fans get to keep the chair after the season is over. The new seats will be six feet off the ground and 10 yards behind the end zone. The cost? $2,500 per recliner for the season (season tickets are $300).

The best quote about how the players like the new facility! :D

Reesing likes the fact that the showers work and the shower heads don't fall off. Linebacker Joe Mortenson is a "weight room guy. It's first class." Fellow linebacker Mike Rivera likes the locker room that has areas grouped by position.

SoonerKnight
8/19/2008, 12:31 AM
By Wendell Barnhouse
Big 12 Sports.com Correspondent

NORMAN, Okla. - Practices at Oklahoma are a bigger secret than Obama and McCain's vice-presidential choices.

Sooners coach Bob Stoops isn't running for the highest office in the land. He just wants to make sure his team finishes the 2008 season ranked higher than any other team.

Stoops has closed all but two of his team's preseason practices to prying eyes. The speculation is that the Sooners are still working on the no-huddle offense they added to the playbook during spring practice.

"The biggest factor is the adjustments we're making offensively and defensively,"
Stoops said of keeping his team's workouts under wraps. "I feel in the past there have been people who have watched our scrimmages that we have played.

"I'm not going to put us at a competitive disadvantage.''

Sophomore jinx talk: Sophomore quarterback Sam Bradford might win the Heisman Trophy if he betters the numbers he posted as a freshman.

He led the nation in passing efficiency. His 36 touchdown passes set an NCAA record for freshmen quarterbacks. He was intercepted just eight times in 341 attempts.

Bradford, though, is only concerned about two numbers: wins and losses.

"You cannot look at numbers, numbers can be very misleading,” Bradford said.

"There are a lot of things I can do to be a better quarterback, and there are a lot of things I can do to help our team win. I don't so much look at the numbers but the bigger things I can do to help this team win.

"I need to become more of a leader on this team.”

Motto motivation: Oklahoma has adopted a four-letter mantra that has become the team's unofficial motto - WTLG. It stands for "Win The Last Game."

The Sooners have lost their last game in four of the last five seasons. Four of those were BCS games; two of those were for the national championship.

"We've been very deficient in that area," senior safety Nic Harris said. "So WTLG, that's our whole motto this year."

At the least, winning the last game could mean the Fiesta Bowl. At the most, it could mean winning the national championship.

“The national championship is the biggest goal,” All-American guard Duke Robinson said. “A lot of teams have done that here before. We want to be remembered with those kinds of teams. You can’t do it without winning one.”

Murray the next Peterson? DeMarco Murray has only made one start. But the sophomore running back could become the second-best tailback of the 10-year Bob Stoops Era. That would make Murray second to Adrian Peterson.
"DeMarco's got a chance to be a really special player,” Stoops said. "His upside is quite vast. "He's such a good athlete. It's fun to watch him. He's got great hands. He's a guy who could be all-American at corner, receiver or running back. Or playing college basketball, if he wants. "Adrian's talented in different ways. His endurance and strength is so different from anybody else. DeMarco maybe catches the ball better, maybe better at running routes. Just a different style than Adrian.”

Margin for error: Oklahoma's 48-28 loss to West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl was a low point for the Sooners' defense. Coordinator Brent Venables pointed out that OU held the Mountaineers to three yards or fewer on 51 of 59 offensive snaps. "(But) the eight plays, they’re going for touchdowns all over the damn place."

Study session: Before the Sooners' preseason practice started, Bob Stoops and his staff spent two days in Jackson, Miss. New Orleans coach Sean Payton invited the Sooners' staff to the Saints' training camp for full access to practices and meetings.
English lesson: Sophomore defensive end Auston English, voted the Big 12's Preseason Defensive Player of the Year, said that he'll be ready to play in the season opener against Chattanooga on Aug. 30. English had an appendectomy in late July.

Sooners add lineman: Jarvis Jones, a 6-7, 295-pound offensive lineman, has transferred to Oklahoma from LSU. After sitting out the 2008 season under NCAA transfer rules, Jones will have three seasons of eligibility remaining. Last season, he played left tackle and right guard, participating in 63 plays for the national champions.

JLEW1818
8/19/2008, 12:39 AM
MAKE THE SEASON START NOW..UHHH . It's going to be another no sleep night for me.

SoonerKnight
8/19/2008, 12:55 AM
It will be here soon enough! I just hope that we go undefeated and WTLG!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of spending the whole off season with a embarrassing defeat!!!!!!!!!! I love what Stoops has done for OU just wish we could go into the off season as champs so the media would STFU!!!!

Leroy Lizard
8/19/2008, 10:15 AM
Win the Last Game? Shouldn't we concentrate on winning the next game?

starclassic tama
8/19/2008, 03:41 PM
yeah those mocs sure are mighty intimidating