PDA

View Full Version : Former Players: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/18/2008, 06:51 PM
Reading the post below about players we have known got me to thinking. We know where a few of the former players are and how their lives turned out but whatever happened to the other 99%?

I know of several:

Merrill Green is on the board of education in Bryan, TX and very active.
Jimmy Harris owns an oil company in Shreveport, LA
Buster Rhymes is in prison.
Bo Bolinger is a talent scout for an NFL team.
Darrol Ray owns a liquor store in Norman.
Evan Gatewood is an attorney in OKC.
Mike Gaddis sells insurance in OKC.
Sonny Brown is a consultant in Edmond.
Richard Dillon coaches in Ringling.
Jim Grisham is a liquor distributor in SC.

I'd be interested to hear about other former players from the 50's to present.

sooners123
8/18/2008, 07:10 PM
Adrian Peterson is a pretty decent running back for the vikes. :)

sooner94
8/18/2008, 07:11 PM
Anyone know what Adrian Peterson is doing now? Someone said he plays for the Vikings and is doing OK. ;)

Seriously, good post. Interesting to see what these guys are doing after their playing careers. Is Jason White still a stockbroker in OKC?

Not that this guy was one of the well known guys, but Kabba does high performance training for athletes in OKC. A friend of mine ran into him in OKC and got his card. My friend is not an OU guy, so he asked me if I ever heard of Kabba. I told him about the famous Stoops line.

What is Rhymes in prison for?

Crimsontothecore
8/18/2008, 07:18 PM
Just heard a commercial today for Rocky Calmus Travel. Kejuan Jones works at a Chevy dealership in Broken Arrow.

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/18/2008, 07:29 PM
Buster Rhymes is in prison for carjacking and crack cocaine.

Cam
8/18/2008, 08:05 PM
Eric Pope and Damon Stell work at Dell in OKC.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/18/2008, 08:16 PM
Gary and Duane Baccus are State Farm agents in OKC and suburban Dallas, respectively.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/18/2008, 08:18 PM
Billy Sims sells his Booma-Q ;)

Watch Me Stride
8/18/2008, 08:18 PM
im rommate with adian peterson

sooner n houston
8/18/2008, 08:38 PM
Daryl Hunt is the VP of Security where I work here in Houston. He played for the Oilers for 6 years after OU.

tulsaoilerfan
8/18/2008, 09:41 PM
Bubba Burcham is the head coach at one of the Tulsa area high schools, but i can't remember if it's Coweta or Catoosa or neither. :)

tulsaoilerfan
8/18/2008, 09:41 PM
Terry Peters used to work for us, but i don't know if he still does; i know Bob Slater worked for Pepsi at one time but that was over a decade ago

nwmsu_bearcat
8/18/2008, 10:06 PM
Big "MOE" Dampeer just joined up with the NWMSU bearcats.. a Div. II NCAA football team that has been to the national championships the last 3 years and 5 out of the last 10. He is really over weight and is on a strict diet and trainers are working on him. He has been told this is his LAST chance.. Screw up here and he is done. He seems to understand and is starting to work hard. Best part is by moving down to DII his eligibility is based on his time played not from when it started. Thus he is considered only a sophomore! He is not game ready but things are moving along.

sooner94
8/18/2008, 11:12 PM
Billy Sims sells his Booma-Q ;)

Does he yell out a big BOOMER when you walk in the door? I love how he does that at the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

Guy loves the Sooners.

nativesooner
8/18/2008, 11:20 PM
Big "MOE" Dampeer just joined up with the NWMSU bearcats.. a Div. II NCAA football team that has been to the national championships the last 3 years and 5 out of the last 10. He is really over weight and is on a strict diet and trainers are working on him. He has been told this is his LAST chance.. Screw up here and he is done. He seems to understand and is starting to work hard. Best part is by moving down to DII his eligibility is based on his time played not from when it started. Thus he is considered only a sophomore! He is not game ready but things are moving along.

Seriously? :eek: Dewell Brewer is a coach here in Lawton. I heard Joe Wylie was a CPA somewhere in Texas.

sooner59
8/19/2008, 12:12 AM
Does he yell out a big BOOMER when you walk in the door? I love how he does that at the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

Guy loves the Sooners.

I will say one thing. I bought a bottle of his BBQ sauce at Wal-Mart here in Norman and it is really good. I am picky about my BBQ sauce and his is truly good. So if you see it, get it. Its the real thing.

MrJimBeam
8/19/2008, 04:39 AM
Bubba Burcham is the head coach at one of the Tulsa area high schools, but i can't remember if it's Coweta or Catoosa or neither. :)

Coweta.

nwmsu_bearcat
8/19/2008, 06:09 AM
Seriously? :eek: Dewell Brewer is a coach here in Lawton. I heard Joe Wylie was a CPA somewhere in Texas.

yeah, it'll be interesting to watch Big Moe to see if he can lose the weight.
He's lost a little bit already but when you are that big it's not hard too.

as you can see from below pic he's gained A LOT of weight. (He's number 75)

http://www.bearcatblitz.com/pictures/2008/Practice/8-6-2008-10-11-22-AM_0020.jpg

http://www.bearcatblitz.com/pictures/2008/Practice/8-8-2008-10-08-11-AM_0096.jpg

boomersooner28
8/19/2008, 07:12 AM
OH.......MY.......FATASS!

Ton Loc
8/19/2008, 07:26 AM
yeah, it'll be interesting to watch Big Moe to see if he can lose the weight.
He's lost a little bit already but when you are that big it's not hard too.

as you can see from below pic he's gained A LOT of weight. (He's number 75)

Glad you pointed out he's #75. I was having a hard time figuring it out. ;)

MojoRisen
8/19/2008, 09:18 AM
Dude - Big Moe would have given Schmidty an all out heart attack if he showed up to spring ball looking like that.

He must be well over 400 lbs

nwmsu_bearcat
8/19/2008, 09:43 AM
Dude - Big Moe would have given Schmidty an all out heart attack if he showed up to spring ball looking like that.

He must be well over 400 lbs

He tipped the scales at 412 pounds they said. He is down to 390ish and still have to get down to 340 if he hopes to play. He also has his age working against him.

soonerfan28
8/19/2008, 12:05 PM
Can Moe even walk?That pic just makes me sick to think of the potential that was wasted.

nwmsu_bearcat
8/19/2008, 01:24 PM
Can Moe even walk?That pic just makes me sick to think of the potential that was wasted.

Hopefully he can even get back to 340 pounds not just for football but for his health even.

rainiersooner
8/19/2008, 03:44 PM
Brian Bosworth (amongst other things) sells real estate in Malibu. I know this because I corresponded with an agent named Brian Bosworth a couple years back about a house down there...then it dawned on me: "Are you Brian Bosworth of 'Boz' fame?" I asked; his reply: "Yup, the Boz is in the Bu." I thought that was pretty classic.

Pieces Hit
8/19/2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/agents/Brian.Bosworth

Dan Thompson
8/19/2008, 06:36 PM
The Boz, last I heard, was in real estate sales up in the Malbu area.

Catch 22
8/19/2008, 09:16 PM
If I remember correctly, I believe Boz is selling real estate in California somewhere.:confused:

mosoon
8/19/2008, 09:29 PM
In case you were wondering, I am still alive. My family and I have moved into Moe's extra pair of pants.

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/20/2008, 08:09 PM
Buddy Leake owns an insurance company.

PLaw
8/20/2008, 08:56 PM
Ceasar Rentie is a chaplain at a Harris Methodist Hospital in FW.

BOOMER

soonerboy_odanorth
8/20/2008, 09:13 PM
In case you were wondering, I am still alive.

Hold the freakity freak frick frack freakin PHONE!

Dear Jebus...

Dat really you mosoon?

Come, stay and play awhile... n00b infestation is like... well... all infesty... and stuff...

Say hello to one of the Godfathers, girls, guys and gits!

soonerboy_odanorth
8/20/2008, 09:46 PM
For that matter...

All we need now to make this old home week is...

For 24 to come in and **** multiple idots off with (God forbid) THE TRUTH...

the Deacon to mercilessly swoop in and shoe-whip the ever livin' shiite out of someone...

SoonerMudd to come back for one insult-the-players-and-their-families-and-every-poster-ever-born with an ignorant post and immediately get BANED for life (see above)...

Dean to make some full-of-themselves toad weep like a little girl who just watched her puppy get run over in the street as he insults them in a way that, while not violating the censor filters, makes those censors curl up, singe a little, and hide in the corners....

OldSooner to make us all blush that we ever even thought we could put a coherent sentence together...

and Phil to make every whorn-aggroid-unholy dame-condom-thug U supporter wear Chrissy Sims in a pink tu-tu as their avatar.

Yup.

That ought to do it.

sooner94
8/20/2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/agents/Brian.Bosworth

Gotta love SoCal. Where else can you get 750 square feet for $630,000. Oh wait, it has an ocean view!

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 11:44 PM
Hopefully he can even get back to 340 pounds not just for football but for his health even.

Him and Mangino got a fat contest going .

Sabanball
8/21/2008, 05:18 PM
Anybody know what Jamelle Holieway is doing now? I used to love watching him run the wishbone. Best option qb ever if you ask me--even better than Thomas Lott.

salth2o
8/21/2008, 07:00 PM
LeeRoy Selmon lives in Tampa and owns a BBQ restaurant that kicks a$$!

AlbqSooner
8/21/2008, 07:19 PM
LeeRoy Selmon lives in Tampa and owns a BBQ restaurant that kicks a$$!

And hosts Sooner watch parties in a private dining room at said restaurant.

PDXsooner
8/21/2008, 07:29 PM
rod fisher coaches at lawton mac

nativesooner
8/21/2008, 11:30 PM
Larry Bush also sells insurance here in Lawton. Spoke with him a few weeks ago, he's a real cool guy.

ole-reb
8/22/2008, 05:14 PM
Tom Brahaney is in his family oil business
here in Midland,Tx

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/24/2008, 11:54 AM
Stanley Wilson is in prison in California.

Soonrboy
8/24/2008, 11:59 AM
Anthony Stafford works with area head-start programs. Officially one of the nicest guys I know.

Desert Sapper
8/24/2008, 12:04 PM
Stanley Wilson is in prison in California.

That's tragic. What is he in for?

I remember him being touted in the early '80s as the 'next OU Heisman Trophy Winner'. Unfortunately that never happened.

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/24/2008, 12:28 PM
That's tragic. What is he in for?

I remember him being touted in the early '80s as the 'next OU Heisman Trophy Winner'. Unfortunately that never happened.

In the years after his relapse and banishment, Wilson was in and out of rehabilitation on several occasions. In 1999, he was convicted of stealing $130,000 in property from a Beverly Hills, California home to support his habit. He was sentenced to 22 years in Lancaster, California state prison for burglary [1]. During his trial, Wilson's lawyer contended that Wilson suffers from bipolar disorder

Flagstaffsooner
8/24/2008, 01:04 PM
Anybody know what Jamelle Holieway is doing now? I used to love watching him run the wishbone. Best option qb ever if you ask me--even better than Thomas Lott.
I understand that he is frequently involved with OCPD... and he doesnt wear a badge.

KingBarry
8/25/2008, 03:42 AM
I believe that Adrian Cooper is now in federal prison. He was a stock broker/investment counselor in OKC and got involved in some major fraud against his clients.

Last i heard, he was convicted and may still be incarcerated.

Does anybody have up-to-date info on this?

Leroy Lizard
8/25/2008, 04:17 AM
I thought Darrel Ray owned a restaurant on I-40 in Midwest City.

We also had a player that was trying to get his Ph.D. in mathematics before his eligibility was used up. I am pretty sure he got his Ph.D., but not sure when. The last time I heard he was a prof at a junior college. Anybody remember him? He was recruited in the mid 1980s and was an offensive lineman. Real clean-cut type.

Whatever happened to Proctor Land?

What is Marcus Dupree up to?

What about Jerry Parks and Nigel Clay and Bernard Hall?

KingDavid
8/25/2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.bearcatblitz.com/pictures/2008/Practice/8-8-2008-10-08-11-AM_0096.jpg

Oh my sweet Lawdy. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "clogging up the middle. That dude can cover gaps 2 to 2 by just laying down like a beached whale!

Good luck to you, Moe! You can do it. No hard feelings from this Sooner and I really do hope you turn it around! Trust your coaches!

KingDavid
8/25/2008, 11:29 AM

OK. Is it just me or does it kind of look like he wants to eat that guy?

r5TPsooner
8/25/2008, 12:20 PM
Steve Sewell was named CSU-Pueblo running backs coach a while back. This season will be there 1st season with college football in Division II I think. Sooner Illustrated had a great article on him and he always had his head sewn on straight in the classroom as well from what I gathered in the story.

Good read.

Another great Sooner IMHO that sometimes gets forgotten about.

Soonermagik
8/25/2008, 01:08 PM
Wow, Moe really fell far. He had NFL type talent, but no worth ethic.

Without work ethic not even the greatest talent can see its potential. I hope Moe can at least drop to the middle 300's just for the sake of his health.

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/25/2008, 04:32 PM
Lydell Carr works for a Toyota dealership in Hurst, TX.

shaun4411
8/25/2008, 05:41 PM
hybl still holding a clipboard in the nfl?

shaun4411
8/25/2008, 05:43 PM
demond parker stilll hittin up the dope? damion mackey-- liked him and his name. andre woolfolk, in tennessee?

i wonder if justin fuente is selling cars too.

shaun4411
8/25/2008, 05:44 PM
ole justin fuente is the runningbacks coach at tcu. he'll have a nice homecoming in norman.

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/25/2008, 07:01 PM
I talked to Justin a few months ago and he feels somewhat embarrased by his time here. I told him that he did the best he could with the coaching staff that he had. Pretty humble guy.