PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Check your Drivers License

Okla-homey
8/18/2008, 09:29 AM
This weekend, a nice salesclerk pointed out the fact mine expired in January.

Had to go to the tag office with my birth certificate and $21.50 later I had a new one.

Here in Oklahoma, they don't send you a notice when your DL is about to expire. It was off my radar because I only moved back here in July of '05 and figured it would be good for at least five years. No excuse mind you, but there it is.

That is all.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/18/2008, 09:32 AM
Good thing about flying a lot - the TSA lets you know when you're getting close to expirin'.

:les: THANKS, TSA!

Okla-homey
8/18/2008, 09:34 AM
Good thing about flying a lot - the TSA lets you know when you're getting close to expirin'.

:les: THANKS, TSA!

be honest, you just like the TSA feel-ups.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/18/2008, 09:37 AM
:kelvin:

Partial Qualifier
8/18/2008, 09:42 AM
that's funny - mine expired a couple months ago and I realized it last week. Doh!

btw I was told the tag agency would keep my state-issued birth certificate - but they just made a copy and let me keep the original.

Flagstaffsooner
8/18/2008, 10:19 AM
Good thing about AZ they last a long time. 2025

SoonerStormchaser
8/18/2008, 10:45 AM
Jeez...I could move to AZ and my wife would never need a new license ever again!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/18/2008, 10:49 AM
Mine expired in May...I tried to go to the ammunition depot Thursday and they wouldn't let me on...Thanks unfriendly security guard bull dike

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2008, 11:00 AM
You should've punched her in the throat.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/18/2008, 11:25 AM
I was afraid she would punch me back

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2008, 02:04 PM
This is the benefit of growing up in a small town where you know everyone. I had mine expire on me a couple of years ago, and I just walked into the tag office and said I needed a new one. They said, "Alright SicEm we'll get you fixed up!" 5 minutes later I had a new license. I just had to pay the license fee.

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2008, 02:07 PM
Here's a question about an expired license.

Can you use an expired license for the purpose of buying alcohol? STEP's story reminded me of something a friend of mine once went through. He went to buy a bunch of alcohol for a party once and when he was IDed the store owner told him his ID had been expired for a couple of weeks and therefore wouldn't sale him alcohol. The guy told my friend it was against state law to accept an expired ID when buying alcohol.

Is that true?

Frozen Sooner
8/18/2008, 02:12 PM
Here's a question about an expired license.

Can you use an expired license for the purpose of buying alcohol? STEP's story reminded me of something a friend of mine once went through. He went to buy a bunch of alcohol for a party once and when he was IDed the store owner told him his ID had been expired for a couple of weeks and therefore wouldn't sale him alcohol. The guy told my friend it was against state law to accept an expired ID when buying alcohol.

Is that true?

Yes.

You must present valid identification to purchase alcohol. An expired license is no longer valid. In fact, one of the more common underage scams is to use an older sibling's expired license.

Similarly, if you were to attempt to open an financial account with an expired license you would be turned away under the US Patriot Act.

Harry Beanbag
8/18/2008, 04:41 PM
Jeez...I could move to AZ and my wife would never need a new license ever again!

Nah, they expire when you turn 65, so she would still need a new one in a couple of years. ;)

Okla-homey
8/18/2008, 05:16 PM
Nah, they expire when you turn 65, so she would still need a new one in a couple of years. ;)

and what with the dad blamed cadillacs on both eyes, she might need corrective spectacles.:D

olevetonahill
8/18/2008, 05:22 PM
This is the benefit of growing up in a small town where you know everyone. I had mine expire on me a couple of years ago, and I just walked into the tag office and said I needed a new one. They said, "Alright SicEm we'll get you fixed up!" 5 minutes later I had a new license. I just had to pay the license fee.

A few yrs ago you had a years Grace period to renew . Now I dont think you even have a day .

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2008, 05:33 PM
A few yrs ago you had a years Grace period to renew . Now I dont think you even have a day .

Mine was 2-3 months over-due. I noticed it after just a couple of weeks, but I had class and couldn't drive back to Oklahoma until the semester.

olevetonahill
8/18/2008, 05:47 PM
Mine was 2-3 months over-due. I noticed it after just a couple of weeks, but I had class and couldn't drive back to Oklahoma until the semester.

Time frame sicem Time frame. when did this Happen. I think its Just been in the Past year that the No the grace thingy went into effect .

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2008, 05:58 PM
Time frame sicem Time frame. when did this Happen. I think its Just been in the Past year that the No the grace thingy went into effect .

Oh, I don't even remember but it was definitely longer than a year ago. I think maybe '06. :shrug:

Actually, I do need to check my license.

Cam
8/18/2008, 08:01 PM
Damn, mine expires in October. Guess it's only good for 4 years. :(

olevetonahill
8/18/2008, 09:59 PM
Damn, mine expires in October. Guess it's only good for 4 years. :(

yup 4 yrs Max Now , But you can reup early , Like 6 Months or so