PDA

View Full Version : Does the #4 ranking drive up ticket prices?

Sirus
8/17/2008, 09:22 PM
I began searching through just about every ticket site I could find and it's pretty much all the same.
you can't get anything but sh#ty seats for under a hundred bucks.
Ebay is a joke because all of the bids on there are being sabotaged by pro scalpers gulpping them up. the reason I suspect this is because every bidder's name starts with a letter and ends with a letter but has asterisks in the middle.
Am I reading into this to far?

I would really like to go to the home opener because it falls on my b-day but I don't think I want to pay a fortune to see them romp on chatta-splooga.
has anyone else felt this boost in tix? Also can anyone point me to a legitimate place to get reasonable ones?

cburgsooner
8/17/2008, 09:34 PM
I had really good luck on Ebay, bought Season tickets 3 years ago, for a good deal and the owner of the tickets have emailed me every year and wanted to know if i wanted them again.

On the name thing thats the new way Ebay does it now, but you might as well not bid on them until the last few minutes to the auction, Go to the Game and buy them off the street

Sirus
8/17/2008, 09:39 PM
Thnx for the info cburgsooner. I was trying to use the street thing as my last option. oh well maybe I will get lucky.

sooner94
8/17/2008, 09:41 PM
Go to the Game and buy them off the street

Exactly. Just know ahead of time what sections you want, and you should be able to buy them before the game.

I got tickets for the Miami game below face last year. Although I did wait until right before kick-off.

Even for the marquee match-ups there will be people selling tickets before the game. Maybe not below face, but at better prices that you will pay through a ticket broker or on Ebay.

Sirus
8/17/2008, 09:46 PM
thanx sooner 94. I just feel that this year is gonna be the one. Bob is tired of getting us to the big show and not getting it done, so I want to witness history of a championship season. the last game I made it to, a certain player broke the record for most punt returns for Td. Yeah, that's how long ago it was.

PhilTLL
8/17/2008, 10:00 PM
There's no such thing as a "bad seat" for a Sooner game. We're talking about the 21 most precious hours of the entire year. Just be there.

sooner518
8/17/2008, 10:49 PM
Using aggie logic whereby a crappier season means raising ticket prices, our tickets should actually be going DOWN in price! :D

sooner94
8/18/2008, 10:34 AM
There's no such thing as a "bad seat" for a Sooner game. We're talking about the 21 most precious hours of the entire year. Just be there.

That is well said. I'll be honest, I usually don't care where I sit. Being in the stadium is the reason I go to games. And drinking beer on campus corner.;)

yukonsooner
8/18/2008, 12:41 PM
Last week OU announced they had some tickets left for the first 2 games at $49 each. They'll be in the visitor section, but at least you would have tickets in hand. The ticket office # is 405-325-2424

stoops the eternal pimp
8/18/2008, 12:48 PM
dude I would never buy tickets off of ebay or anything like that...street tickets

yermom
8/18/2008, 05:34 PM
seems to me eBay is generally about 2x what you can get them for at the game

if not more

sooneron
8/19/2008, 08:32 AM
I got OU texas tickets off ebay for about $30 above face each. That was 03 when we were both undefeated going in.

badger
8/19/2008, 08:52 AM
ATTN NEW TICKET BUYERS:

Do not eBay.
Do not StubHub.
Do not buy online.

Scalp your tickets
On the gameday.
You will be just fine.

(now, recite that 20 times and find a fellow Sooner fan)

OUMallen
8/19/2008, 11:58 AM
ATTN NEW TICKET BUYERS:

Do not eBay.
Do not StubHub.
Do not buy online.

Scalp your tickets
On the gameday.
You will be just fine.

This. ^^^ Have faith in this post. FAITH.:cool:

OUTrumpet
8/19/2008, 12:06 PM
I got OU texas tickets off ebay for about $30 above face each. That was 03 when we were both undefeated going in.

In 03 Texas got destroyed by Arkie at home in September. Maybe you're thinking of 02 or 04?

CatfishSooner
8/19/2008, 02:45 PM
you can get em off the street every single game pretty easyyyy

nativesooner
8/19/2008, 11:52 PM
You can always check the ticket board on this website and others. I've seen a few pairs for sale for less than face already. Your cheapest bet would be to get them at the game though. There are always plenty of tickets on the southeast corner by Oconnels and up north on Campus Corner. And ebay changed the names of bidders so only the seller can see them. That way another person can't contact someone who's been outbid and offer to sell them something bypassing all the ebay fees. A few years ago I got outbid on some tickets on there and someone emailed me right after that and offered me better seats for my bid price. Anyway what you're seeing is a users name that's been "scrambled" so to speak so no others can see it. Some of the users may very well be ticket brokers though. Good luck in your quest!

Fraggle145
8/20/2008, 09:10 AM
ATTN NEW TICKET BUYERS:

Do not eBay.
Do not StubHub.
Do not buy online.

Scalp your tickets
On the gameday.
You will be just fine.

This. ^^^ Have faith in this post. FAITH.:cool:

Been doing this for the past two years... Last year every ticket I bought was for face or less. Hell for the Miami game a I got a pair for $50. :D

badger
8/20/2008, 09:35 AM
Another tip is to NOT go to those that look like professional scalpers. Fraggle got a pair of Miami tix for $50, but a pro was trying to sell a pair of crap seats for $200, because it was a traditional rivalry game. My parent immediately passed on this offer, of course :)

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
8/20/2008, 11:27 AM
I have purchased tickets both ways, on the street and from ebay. Both have worked well for me. Last year I went to Mizzou game and got two tickets for 100 bucks, they were in section 20 about four rows up form where you enter (main walkway). And for ebay i got tickets in Sec 234 right on the rail (wheelchair row was below/in front of me) in 2006 I only got 6 games that year(7 game year) so I got 12 tickets total for 500 bucks, not too bad IMO. And to boot I mised the Tech game that year as I had to go to AR to see my daughter and was able to sell the Tech tickets for $180. So either way can work you just have to be patient.

Fraggle145
8/20/2008, 11:31 AM
Another tip is to NOT go to those that look like professional scalpers. Fraggle got a pair of Miami tix for $50, but a pro was trying to sell a pair of crap seats for $200, because it was a traditional rivalry game. My parent immediately passed on this offer, of course :)

Look for people who are walking to the game... these people are looking to offload their tickets quickly to a fellow sooner and dont want to wait around. I got the miami tix about 30-60min before game time.

Sirus
8/20/2008, 06:18 PM
Thanx guys. I used to contact people through classifieds locally that were season ticket holders and couldnt make the game due to illnes or wedding,etc. just wanted your thoughts on the ebay deal.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
8/26/2008, 12:28 PM
Thanx guys. I used to contact people through classifieds locally that were season ticket holders and couldnt make the game due to illnes or wedding,etc. just wanted your thoughts on the ebay deal.

Well I bought tickets this year on ebay, Sec 103 row 22, hopefully these are good seats. They were from a person and not a resell agent, i got two tickets at face value (12 total) and 6 tailgate passes (first three home games), dont know what the passes cost but what ever they were, I got them at a good price, $808 plus about $6 shipping, now at least this way I know I have tickets and dont have to worry about finding two decent tickets before kickoff. Just my 2 cents.

Boomer

boomermagic
8/26/2008, 01:23 PM

Amen brother. I Love my Sooners I don't get to go to enough games but I usually try to make a couple a season anyway.

Sirus
8/28/2008, 03:22 PM
Well I bought tickets this year on ebay, Sec 103 row 22, hopefully these are good seats. They were from a person and not a resell agent, i got two tickets at face value (12 total) and 6 tailgate passes (first three home games), dont know what the passes cost but what ever they were, I got them at a good price, $808 plus about $6 shipping, now at least this way I know I have tickets and dont have to worry about finding two decent tickets before kickoff. Just my 2 cents.

Boomer

well, I lucked out and got sec. 105 on the 45yd line! with tailgate passes! see you there.

just thought I would post this little article from news9 about the mocs giving back their tickets. funny thing at the end is, they list the cincy game to be the last home game.

The Oklahoma football season-opener vs. Tennessee-Chattanooga on Aug. 30 is nearing a sellout with only approximately 100 tickets returned from UTC Mocs still available for purchase.
The game vs. the Bearcats is the only other remaining opportunity to see the Sooners at home this season.