PDA

View Full Version : McCain Commercial

mdklatt
8/17/2008, 04:41 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a commercial from a presidential candidate--particularly a pub--being shown in Oklahoma, but there's a McCain commercial running frequently during the Olympics. Hmmm...is Obama gaining enough ground here to make the McCainiacs worried?

A couple of highlights from the commercial:

We're worse off than we were four years ago. Is McCain throwing Bush under the bus, even in this reddest of red states?

McCain is going to fight Big Oil. By giving them tax breaks and all the offshore drilling they want, apparently. THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!

tommieharris91
8/17/2008, 04:44 PM
I think those ads are shown nationally. I'm not exactly sure why Obama would waste a lot of his ad money here, either.

mdklatt
8/17/2008, 04:48 PM
I think those ads are shown nationally. I'm not exactly sure why Obama would waste a lot of his ad money here, either.

Have you seen Obama ads, too?

soonermix
8/17/2008, 04:52 PM
i'm soonermix and i approved this thread

paid for by the americans supporting THE OKLAHOMA SOONERS

Frozen Sooner
8/17/2008, 05:18 PM
I think the McCain ads are national buys.

JohnnyMack
8/17/2008, 05:21 PM
I've seen both McCain and Obama ads during the Olympics.

And the notion that we're "reducing our dependency on foreign oil" by subsidizing big oil to drill offshore and that people are buying it as viable alternative makes me a sad panda.

mdklatt
8/17/2008, 05:21 PM
I think the McCain ads are national buys.

Isn't that a waste of money? It's pretty easy to target TV ads nowadays, isn't it?

olevetonahill
8/17/2008, 05:55 PM
I don't watch much TV but Ive seen about an equal amount

mdklatt
8/17/2008, 06:00 PM
And the notion that we're "reducing our dependency on foreign oil" by subsidizing big oil to drill offshore and that people are buying it as viable alternative makes me a sad panda.

Ol' T. Boone apparently supports offshore and ANWR drilling (or at least he's not opposed to it), but even he acknowledges that it's just a drop in the bucket and not a real solution to anything.

StoopTroup
8/17/2008, 06:14 PM
What's sad is that entities with huge money make their own commercials and throw them out there without caring what the Candidate thinks.

lexsooner
8/17/2008, 06:46 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a commercial from a presidential candidate--particularly a pub--being shown in Oklahoma, but there's a McCain commercial running frequently during the Olympics. Hmmm...is Obama gaining enough ground here to make the McCainiacs worried?

We're worse off than we were four years ago. Is McCain throwing Bush under the bus, even in this reddest of red states?

McCain is going to fight Big Oil. By giving them tax breaks and all the offshore drilling they want, apparently. THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!

1. It's perfectly safe to throw W under a bus. Nobody likes or respects him, so no big deal. McCain has to distance himself from the loser, so it's a good strategy.

2. Sounds impressive, but NOBODY can successfully fight Big Oil.

mdklatt
8/17/2008, 07:23 PM
1. It's perfectly safe to throw W under a bus. Nobody likes or respects him, so no big deal. McCain has to distance himself from the loser, so it's a good strategy.

No doubt, just not in Bush-friendly territory like Oklahoma.

picasso
8/18/2008, 01:08 PM

that's the ad for the liberal vote, no doubt.

I doubt though that Obama is a threat to win Oklahoma. Not after seeing the latest poll.