PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Keith a sorehead?

Leroy Lizard
8/17/2008, 01:42 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/08/15/20080815spt-cardsfeat.html

rainiersooner
8/17/2008, 03:28 AM
What a moron.

KingBarry
8/17/2008, 03:36 AM
i don't know, I'd cut him some slack.

He was probably asked fifty questions to do with fifty different things, and didn't expect questions about Oklahoma and popped off without considering the consequences.

But if he makes it in the big leagues, he better get ready for questions about Oklahoma, because NOBODY is going to ask him questions about Juco and N Iowa.

badger
8/17/2008, 07:28 AM
How bout that, another former Sooner criticizing Schmitty.

StoopTroup
8/17/2008, 08:22 AM
Playing at Schools like Oklahoma is pretty intense and he just wasn't ready for it when he came here.

Seems the guy needed a place where he could be coddled and molded into a one position player.

He probably made the right choice since he landed in the NFL...

It's funny though to see him have to start to grow up now that someone is paying him.

PLaw
8/17/2008, 08:36 AM
i don't know, I'd cut him some slack.

Bull****! When he says:

"There was a lot of crazy stuff going with OU, with the program being dirty," Keith said. "A lot of that stuff was going on and you don't really want to be a part of that."

He also had run-ins with Oklahoma's strength coach Jerry Schmidt, whom Keith said criticized him for not working out with the team while he waited for his transcripts to be transferred."

This kid was and continues to be a knucklhead. The OU program was not dirty, but a case of some rogue players that thought they were untouchable crossing paths with over-zealous, booster wanting to be wheels (no pun intended) in the program.

Keith had the talent to be ALL BIG 12 and maybe ALL AMERICAN, but a consistent pattern of poor work ethic and bad judgement ultimately landed him getting tazed in Iowa.

BOOMER

PLaw
8/17/2008, 08:38 AM
How bout that, another former Sooner criticizing Schmitty.

Which is generally done by the prima dona type of player.

BOOMEr

Blitzkrieg
8/17/2008, 09:09 AM
Don't tase me bro! Had he nutted up and done what the S&C coach said, he'd have been a first round pick and his bank account would have a nice multi million dollar bonus in it right now.

It's easier to criticize someone else than to admit you weren't man enough to do what's right. Ask Jamaal Brown, Davin Joseph, AD, all of the other sooners that busted their arse in the weight room about the situation.

If this is the kind of loser coach weeds out, then keep up the good work schmidty.

stoopified
8/17/2008, 09:15 AM
Blitz and Troup you are dead on.

OU-HSV
8/17/2008, 09:32 AM
Blitz and Troup you are dead on.

Exactly

Wishboned
8/17/2008, 10:50 AM
Sounds like the kind of guy who has an excuse for everything.

It's not his fault he left Oklahoma.

It's not his fault he got tasered.

And when he washes out of the NFL it's not gonna be his fault either.

Flagstaffsooner
8/17/2008, 11:26 AM
He's been a local problem here in Flagstaff during camp from what I hear from FPD.

badger
8/17/2008, 12:12 PM
I'm not criticizing Schmitty - I'm just pointing out that once again, another former Sooner is being critical of Schmitty.

Not everyone can make it at Oklahoma - just like not every student can make it here academically, not every athlete can make it here athletically. Thus, the right program for the player helps not only the player, but the program.

Losing him didn't seem to hurt us too much (Stoops will remind you that OU's won the past two Big 12 championships and will circumcise anyone who asks about the game after the Big 12 championship).

tulsaoilerfan
8/17/2008, 12:21 PM
When has a player ever transferred from a school and had good things to say about it? It doesn't happen very often, so i wouldn't get all upset about what he has to say

Widescreen
8/17/2008, 12:36 PM
When has a player ever transferred from a school and had good things to say about it? It doesn't happen very often, so i wouldn't get all upset about what he has to say

Keith Nichol

devOUt
8/17/2008, 02:51 PM
The summer before he reported to OU I was behind him in a grocery checkout line. He bought a dozen Krispy Kremes and a liter of Pepsi. I can't understand why Schmitty would ever be upset with him.

Rhino
8/17/2008, 03:38 PM
If he had a truth serum:

"Well, I was reeeaally overweight and I haaaate working out. And I was pretty *****-whipped too."

DarrellZero
8/17/2008, 03:57 PM
Punk is just throwing every excuse he has against the wall to see what will stick.

I've never seen any evidence he even knew about what Bomar and Quinn were doing, much less that it influenced his decision to quit.

"An old friend came in from out of town! My tux didn’t come back from the cleaners! I didn’t have any change for the phone! There was an earthquake! Pleeaaasssse!"

RedstickSooner
8/17/2008, 04:31 PM
He was here, like, a week -- and yet he's qualified to label our program as dirty?

If we're *that* dirty, we'd have gotten the death penalty. Especially with all the attention given once Stupid decided he'd pull down a no-show gig at the car lot.

badger
8/17/2008, 05:31 PM

Brett Romar

StoopTroup
8/17/2008, 05:45 PM
Frankly Charlotte...I don't give a damn.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/bkatilin/RhettButler.jpg

Scotty
8/18/2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/09/20/meyer4_wideweb__470x337,0.jpg

Don't tase me, bro!

badger
8/18/2008, 09:49 AM
T-1000 to Brandon Ketih:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5239/8t1000pic12wg7.jpg

Get. Out.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/18/2008, 10:00 AM
I ve known the kid since he was a youngster...I've always liked him but lazy to the bone..He got away with a lot of stuff at McAlester and would pretty much take every other play off...When he played hard he was good...Mike Stoops said he was as good as he has ever seen but the playbook at OU was a little too much for him....All the excuses and stuff...thats just the way he is...hasn't grown up much

I snickered at the home eating hot dog and chips comment...probably because thats what he was doing

sooneron
8/18/2008, 10:13 AM
What an ***. I wish him a lifetime of fail.

Piware
8/18/2008, 11:53 AM
I'm glad he waited until he landed in bumtruck Iowa to get charged with rioting. While I can hardly believe that a choir boy like BK could get in trouble after his brush with that dirty program, it's a good thing he found a program desparate enough to put up with his shenanigans.

Thanks God and Greyhoud he never took the field for us.

soonermix
8/18/2008, 12:06 PM
i have a new goal in life which is to be charged with rioting at a party i was at