PDA

View Full Version : Olympic observation

SOONER STEAKER
8/16/2008, 11:31 PM
Most athletes on the metal podium sing their country's national athemn but many of the US athletes aren't even attempting to sing.

Do they not know the words or are they just somewhere else?

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:33 PM
If they were somewhere else how would we know what they're doing?

SOONER STEAKER
8/16/2008, 11:34 PM
How bout thoughts are somewhere else?

mdklatt
8/16/2008, 11:35 PM
Most athletes on the metal podium sing their country's national athemn but many of the US athletes aren't even attempting to sing.

A lot of them don't sing, regardless of country (of course, not all national anthems have words).

Turd_Ferguson
8/16/2008, 11:40 PM
A lot of them don't sing, regardless of country (of course, not all national anthems have words).He said most do....you say a lot don't...I don't get it.

King Crimson
8/16/2008, 11:43 PM
they hate America.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:43 PM
He said most do....you say a lot don't...I don't get it.

That's because part of them are somewhere else. ;)

Turd_Ferguson
8/16/2008, 11:44 PM
That's because part of them are somewhere else. ;)But....there all in Bay Jing:confused:

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:45 PM
But....there all in Bay Jing:confused:

That's what I thought, but I heard some of them could be somewhere else, in a parallel universe maybe?

Turd_Ferguson
8/16/2008, 11:48 PM
That's what I thought, but I heard some of them could be somewhere else, in a parallel universe maybe?Aww...the Jungian/Duality of man thing. I get it.

SicEmBaylor
I think it's best not to sing.

If it were me, I'd want to stand there and just soak in what was happening rather than worrying about mouthing the words. Plus, if you screw up the words just a little bit then you'll never live it down.

mdklatt
He said most do....you say a lot don't...I don't get it.

:les: I'M SAYING HE'S MISTAKEN!! :D

Or maybe not. I haven't noticed any difference in who sings or who doesn't, but I don't usually watch the medal ceremonies.

mdklatt
8/16/2008, 11:49 PM
Plus, if you screw up the words just a little bit then you'll never live it down.

Good advice from an expert in never living things down. :D

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:50 PM
Good advice from an expert in never living things down. :D

heh

Turd_Ferguson
8/16/2008, 11:52 PM
I think it's best not to sing.

If it were me, I'd want to stand there and just soak in what was happening rather than worrying about mouthing the words. Plus, if you screw up the words just a little bit then you'll never live it down.Concur. I screwed up the words at kareoke night sing'n YMCA....I still get laughed at about that.

GottaHavePride
8/17/2008, 02:20 AM
I sing words louder in situations like that to embarrass the people that don't know the damn words.

Take pregame at the OU games. Everyone sings the national anthem, Oklahoma, and You're a Grand Old Flag. Usually PG and I are the only ones singing OK Oklahoma (which has the best words of any of our fight songs), and we sing it loud so everyone around us can be embarrassed they don't know them.

Frozen Sooner
8/17/2008, 02:54 AM
I never sing along with our national anthem. For one, it's a tough song to sing correctly, and I'd rather hear a professional singer do it justice than hear Cindy who took voice lessons when she was five butcher the high notes. For two...well, I don't have a two.

Madd Dawg
8/17/2008, 09:25 AM
At the swiming place they play some funky version of the national anthem. It just doesnt sound right, I tried to sing along with it once and was thrown off by it.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/17/2008, 02:40 PM
Take pregame at the OU games. Everyone sings the national anthem, Oklahoma, and You're a Grand Old Flag. Usually PG and I are the only ones singing OK Oklahoma (which has the best words of any of our fight songs), and we sing it loud so everyone around us can be embarrassed they don't know them.

Funny, ain't it?

We blast that every gameday trolling down Sooner Road. Even got my baby singing it now.

KC//CRIMSON
8/17/2008, 03:58 PM
at least their not yelling home of the AMERICANS at the end.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/17/2008, 05:43 PM
San Franciscans say, "Home of the Os".

JohnnyMack
8/17/2008, 05:48 PM
They're all voting for BHO.