PDA

View Full Version : Playboy Top 50

bringit
8/16/2008, 08:02 PM
Didn't see this posted...

http://www.playboy.com/on-campus/allamerica/football/2008/top-50-football-rankings/

soonersn20xx
8/16/2008, 08:19 PM
no. 1 w00t

IronHorseSooner
8/16/2008, 08:51 PM
10 Big 12 teams in the top 50! I would question the KSTATE ranking at #22. I don't know if Ron Prince knows that much about his team.

sooner94
8/16/2008, 10:50 PM
I just don't understand the Missouri love fest. Seems like everyone has them in the Top 5.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:04 PM
I just don't understand the Missouri love fest. Seems like everyone has them in the Top 5.

Flavor of the month, it shall pass.

VA Sooner
8/17/2008, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure about the Chase love-fest... gets frustrated easy and once he loses his cool, the defense has him. Blitz him early, blitz him hard... once he eats a little turf, his passes are overhead.

It's the two secondary guys that will hold it together... Pig Brown and Moore. Who wins the starting position?

KingBarry
8/17/2008, 03:17 AM
[obligatory] This thread is worthless without pics. [obligatory]

A criticism of Playboy: For years, i guess all time, they have only considered the regular season. Of course, they are trying to set the table for the bowls, but in the era of CCGs, this just seems lazy.

rainiersooner
8/17/2008, 03:21 AM
Another reason to give respect to Hugh Hefner.

AlbqSooner
8/17/2008, 05:18 AM
Playboy's Pigskin picks are notoriously BAD. Just sayin'.

Flagstaffsooner
8/17/2008, 06:02 AM
Playboy's Pigskin picks are notoriously BAD. Just sayin'.
Yup. It's a teenage jack off mag not sports mag.

BTW, I read the articles.;)

Flagstaffsooner
8/17/2008, 06:10 AM
Actually now that I look at it... I can agree with it.

I'm still in love with Miss November 1973 Monica Tidwell.

sooner94
8/17/2008, 12:58 PM
I don't think the Playboy predictions are any worse than any other publication. Seems like every year there are about 5-6 teams, or fewer, that are potential contenders. This year, its either Ohio State, Georgia, OU, USC, another SEC team, etc. Just pick one from that group. Lucky for us, we are usually in that group.

Hell, the Top 10 teams is usually pretty predictable each year. May not get the order right, but it seems like most of the Top 10 is what you would expect each year.

I don't think ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc. are that much better, if at all better with their predictions. I thought for a while that ESPN would by default pick USC every year.

badger
8/17/2008, 01:08 PM
Oh dear... another source of rankings and All-American titles.

If they declare Bama the 2008 champion (and nobody else does, nor do they win the BCS Championship game), will Bama say they are 13-time champions? :D

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 01:38 PM
OU,USC,tOSU,Auburn

1 of those four.

nwmsu_bearcat
8/17/2008, 05:00 PM
nice. Sooners should be tough to beat this year. A lot of talent and depth.

StoopTroup
8/17/2008, 05:41 PM
Whorns...9-3...lol.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/18/2008, 12:52 PM

My favorite was Echo Johnson...she is now a real estate agent in Austin from what I read. I may need to buy a house there someday...just saying.

OKMAGIC
8/18/2008, 01:53 PM
Candy Loving

manida
8/18/2008, 02:23 PM
Candy Loving was from Ponca City!

I got smartfiltered....can someone copy/paste the top 50 on here?

TexasLidig8r
8/18/2008, 02:25 PM
Whorns...9-3...lol.

9 -3 before the bowl game may be about right... so many questions and unknowns.

Talent is there.. but it's inexperienced talent.

I kind of like the way this year is starting out.. no off the field issues... practice reports show intensity and focus... for the first time in years, expectations are under control...

badger
8/18/2008, 04:07 PM
9 -3 before the bowl game may be about right... so many questions and unknowns.

Talent is there.. but it's inexperienced talent.

I kind of like the way this year is starting out.. no off the field issues... practice reports show intensity and focus... for the first time in years, expectations are under control...

Lid, nobody cares about the Holiday Bowl. It's a gimme game. You win it every time you go, we win it every time we go, whoop de fricken doo. If you advance up one step to the Cotton Bowl, whoop de fricken doo part two. We are undefetaed at that bowl game. Woo hoo.

Get to a BCS bowl (other than the Rose Bowl, we've won there all the times we've went there too, so no braggin' rights for you there either) and then we'll talk about bowl winning. LEGIT bowl winning. If even the likes of Oklahoma State can win a particular bowl, then it is NOT worth bragging about, so no bragging about recent your bowl record allowed!

:D Now, if you want to talk about our recent head-to-head matchups... say, since the turn of the millenium, then we can talk :D

yermom
8/18/2008, 04:14 PM
http://www.holidaybowl.com/game-history/2003.html

;)

RedstickSooner
8/18/2008, 05:05 PM

Having a thing for redheads (heck, I married one), and having googled your Miss Tidwell, I must say I agree.

The most remarkable thing about her? She was pre-silicone. That's amazing.

Now, back to more football related subjects... I'm not sure I like seeing us at number 1 in *any* list... But I will say that at least the Playboy list seems to be somewhat creative. Most other preseason rankings seem very derivative. Only downside to this list is that it does parrot the same nonsense about Misery. Particularly when it says that coach Pinkel has "woken up a sleeping giant".

Exqueeze me? Sleeping giant? Missouri? Surely you jest.

soonervegas
8/18/2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.holidaybowl.com/game-history/2003.html

;)

4 times in 8 years for Texas.....a tradition unlike any other.

JLEW1818
8/18/2008, 05:30 PM
hahhahahahhaha

JackDignan
8/19/2008, 12:49 PM
Full disclosure - I'm a horns fan - and I hate to say it but I agree with the 9-3 Texas ranking. Until we see if the secondary can play, Fozzy can run, Chiles can be used in a meaningful manner and Colt can come back to his Freshman ways - it's impossible to say they'll be better than that. Good luck to you guys in your games that DON'T involve the horns. I'd love to see someone from the Big 12 come out on top.

badger
8/19/2008, 01:38 PM
I stand corrected: OU is undefeated in the Holiday, Cotton and Rose Bowls - three bowls that Texas goes to regularly. The fact that Texas is not as undefeated in those bowls as we are is moot point... unless they choose to criticize our recent bowl record :D

JackDignan
8/19/2008, 01:48 PM
At least the Holiday bowl is better than Texas Tech/Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl - otherwise known as the Battle of Who Could Care Less.