PDA

View Full Version : CFN Prediction: OU 10-2

Octavian
8/16/2008, 06:22 PM
CFN has OU going 10-2 w/ losses in Manhattan and Stillwater.

link (http://cfn.scout.com/2/779865.html)

Their Big XII CG prediction is Missouri (11-1) vs. Texas Tech (11-1).

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 06:23 PM

Without even looking at the link I'm gonna say: that's insanity!

goingoneight
8/16/2008, 06:24 PM
Another moron with a keyboard, I see.

I'm going to laugh when Missouri ends up being Missouri again because someone actually played defense against them.

IronHorseSooner
8/16/2008, 08:54 PM
KSTATE? O-STATE? Just wow!

Blitzkrieg
8/16/2008, 09:24 PM
Another moron with a keyboard, I see.

I'm going to laugh when Missouri ends up being Missouri again because someone actually played defense against them.

Won't be this year, they are a legit top 10 team and will win the north this year. I hope to play them in KC, we have their arse figured out.

As for those losses, I could see us dropping one we shouldn't -- like in mancrappin or Stoolwater. Not both.

mdklatt
8/16/2008, 09:30 PM
KSTATE? O-STATE? Just wow!

You mean we're favored to win all of our big games and then choke away a couple we have no business losing?

:les: THAT'S JUST CRAZY TALK!

Oh wait....

Octavian
8/16/2008, 11:22 PM
You mean we're favored to win all of our big games and then choke away a couple we have no business losing?

:les: THAT'S JUST CRAZY TALK!

Oh wait....

yeah, CFN thinks we'll pretty much replicate last year's season minus the conference title.

Not insanse but hopefully not...but there does seem to be widespread agreement that we lose because we lack focus.

However, this is OU's first season with a returning signal caller since Jason's senior year...and we should have dominant lines on both sides of the ball.

There are a couple traps on the schedule, but I like the looks of '08 more than '05-'07.

StormySooner-IN
8/16/2008, 11:28 PM
Brings back to memory (...) despite how awesome we were at home.......how ****ty we played on the road last season. In addition to losing the 2 games....we were scoreless at halftime to Iowa **** tornadobird state....

I just hope we can play at least a little better on the road this year. That really is my biggest concern for our schedule. Let's hope for the best. :)

sooner94
8/16/2008, 11:41 PM
However, this is OU's first season with a returning signal caller since Jason's senior year...and we should have dominant lines on both sides of the ball.

Well said. I think the returning QB is huge.

Yeah, Sammy was shaky on the road last year, but last year was his first year starting college ball. Its a natural progression for him to be better under pressure (ie on the road) with a year under his belt.

mdklatt
8/16/2008, 11:44 PM
yeah, CFN thinks we'll pretty much replicate last year's season minus the conference title.

That's why I like CFN for the most part. You can tell that they pay attention. Your average sports hack would simply make the sexy upset pick and have us losing to Tech or Kansas, but CFN knows that's not how we roll.

I can't wait for the all the misguided indignant rage.

How dare somebody predict that we're going to have a season just like every season since 2001! East coast bias! It's us against the world! IT'S AN OUTRAGE!

JLEW1818
8/16/2008, 11:51 PM
if we lose to state we wont be in the national championship, obviously.

King Crimson
8/17/2008, 12:10 AM
Your average sports hack would simply make the sexy upset pick and have us losing to Tech or Kansas, but CFN knows that's not how we roll.

why would anyone pick us to lose at home? their pick factor, pretty much justified by last year, is to lose on the road.

though, i'd pick Pokieville and aTm over KSU.

we need to beat UT and Tech, because nobody is going undefeated in conference this year.

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 12:18 AM
WERE GOING UNDEFEATED I DONT CARE. I SAY THIS EVERY YEAR, AND WHY THE HELL WOULD I SAY WE ARE GOING TO LOSE A GAME.

Goods teams can do this. They can honestly say that they will be favored in every single game this year. How many teams can say that , four??? OU, USC, Ohio State, Georgia, .... maybe West Virgina..... I think Auburn will smoke them on a Thursday night.

VA Sooner
8/17/2008, 12:27 AM
CFN is wrong... no way we lose to Cowboys this year... even if we are in Stillwater. Team is too solid on both sides. CFN is right about Austin Box being a future star (their rankings of the redshirt freshmen)... any word on his injury?

I'm thinking 12-0 if LB situation figured out by the Texas game... 11-1 if not.

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 12:52 AM
I think 11-1 gets us in the big 12 championship, and the National Championship. Might as well win all 12 though, lol.

mdklatt
8/17/2008, 01:13 AM
why would anyone pick us to lose at home?

Because make no mistake: Tech is the REAL DEAL this year. I know we say this every year, but you can trust us this time. We're journalists. And ditto for Clemson.

:rolleyes:

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 01:22 AM
Last conference loss at home??? hmmmmmm ya

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 01:23 AM
We lost by 7 points to tech @ tech with our number 2 QB. Could Tech win against us in Norman with their number 2 QB.

yermom
8/17/2008, 02:20 AM
why would anyone pick us to lose at home? their pick factor, pretty much justified by last year, is to lose on the road.

though, i'd pick Pokieville and aTm over KSU.

we need to beat UT and Tech, because nobody is going undefeated in conference this year.

KState's been having their way with Texass the last couple of years. that kinda counts for something. we didn't exactly roll them the last time we went up there either.

that game scares me more than Kansas, Nebraska or Tech

we haven't had an easy time visiting aggies in recent memory...

Vegas Sooner
8/17/2008, 02:30 AM
KState's been having their way with Texass the last couple of years. that kinda counts for something. we didn't exactly roll them the last time we went up there either.

that game scares me more than Kansas, Nebraska or Tech

we haven't had an easy time visiting aggies in recent memory...

Agreed. I hate playing in Manhattan (Not as much as College Station). No doubt.

rainiersooner
8/17/2008, 03:14 AM
if we lose to state we wont be in the national championship, obviously.

Sure we will - they're "THE WORLD'S GREATEST OFFENSE" and I'm sure we won't be punished for losing to them by the voters. :D

rainiersooner
8/17/2008, 03:18 AM

There are a couple traps on the schedule, but I like the looks of '08 more than '05-'07.

This is a great point - in 05-07 we had some great raw talent imo (AD as an obvious example) but if you believe that a team's foundation begins on the line and with the signal caller, I think we should be more consistent this year, which should help us avoid the chokes this year that we had last year...(um, I hope).

stoopified
8/17/2008, 09:44 AM
I could see us going 10-2 but losing to a rebuilding team like KSU and a team on the rise like oSu?Not bloody likely.

kevpks
8/17/2008, 10:45 AM
Why does OSU have any kind of buzz this year? Will the great offense in this or any universe finally live up to the hype? Can they hold a four touchdown halftime lead against Texas?

Last year OU used the playbook from Tecmo Superbowl against OSU and obliterated them. Granted, they play us tough in Stillwater but I think those hideous orange unis will get our full attention.

The Maestro
8/17/2008, 11:34 AM
I'd say at A&M and at OSU are the likely losses, if any. KSU has a lot of holes, but then again...so did Colorado and Iowa State.

Stoops is 3-1 in Stillwater and College Station. His teams have never won by more than 7 points in those spots so all 6 wins have been close games down to the wire. No reason to expect any different cause most times we had a lot more talent. Just how Stoops teams are on the road in conference.

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 01:48 PM
Sure we will - they're "THE WORLD'S GREATEST OFFENSE" and I'm sure we won't be punished for losing to them by the voters. :D

hahaha

OU_Sooners75
8/17/2008, 02:06 PM
Considering the Source...I would take this as a compliment. Seeing as their predictions very seldomly come true.

Half a Hundred
8/17/2008, 02:31 PM
Stillwater will have no home field advantage. It's nonexistent when you have the stadium only 1/3 full.

Sooner98
8/17/2008, 03:39 PM
Stillwater will have no home field advantage. It's nonexistent when you have the stadium only 1/3 full.

Have you even watched the game, the last four times we played in Stillwater? Playing OU at home is their Super Bowl every year, and it always shows. It doesn't matter one bit the discrepancy in talent - they could roll out the Stillwater High School Junior Varsity team, put them in Cowboy uniforms, and it would STILL be a down-to-the-wire, nail-biter against OU up there.

KC//CRIMSON
8/17/2008, 04:52 PM
I'd say at A&M and at OSU are the likely losses, if any. KSU has a lot of holes, but then again...so did Colorado and Iowa State.

Stoops is 3-1 in Stillwater and College Station. His teams have never won by more than 7 points in those spots so all 6 wins have been close games down to the wire. No reason to expect any different cause most times we had a lot more talent. Just how Stoops teams are on the road in conference.

Agreed.

Not to mention the aggie cult like to play like the New England Patriots every time the Sooners roll into College Station.

footballfanatic
8/17/2008, 09:30 PM
I think your QB is in for the dreaded sophmore slump. Not sure why it happens--it just does.

Sabanball
8/17/2008, 10:05 PM
My prediction is--I think you guys will finish the regular season 11-1, you will win in Manhattan and Stoolwater, but you will lose a game that you are supposed to win--i.e. Colorado last season.

silverwheels
8/17/2008, 10:20 PM
10-2 follows the pattern of the past couple of years. I can't see us losing to Texas or anyone at home, though.

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 10:26 PM
12-0

NormanPride
8/18/2008, 10:14 AM
I don't really like any games on our schedule other than the obvious patsies. However, we'll see really early how good we are with a home test against a great Cincy team, and a road test against a crappy Washington team with a great stadium advantage. If we pass both those tests, we should be good.

sooneron
8/18/2008, 10:15 AM
10-2 seems like a well informed prediction. I do NOT think that we will lose at stoolwater tho.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/18/2008, 04:18 PM
Not insanse but hopefully not...but there does seem to be widespread agreement that we lose because we lack focus.

That seems to be a pretty well-founded theory if you ask me.

bri
8/18/2008, 04:26 PM
That's why I like CFN for the most part. You can tell that they pay attention. Your average sports hack would simply make the sexy upset pick and have us losing to Tech or Kansas, but CFN knows that's not how we roll.

I can't wait for the all the misguided indignant rage.

How dare somebody predict that we're going to have a season just like every season since 2001! East coast bias! It's us against the world! IT'S AN OUTRAGE!

Heh. It's funny 'cause it's true!

Laelaface
8/18/2008, 04:49 PM

I can't believe those MORONS. I agree with what others have said, we didn't play well on the road last year, so we'll have to wait and see those improvements. But Sam is back in black, can't wait to watch him throw the pigskin again

JLEW1818
8/18/2008, 04:53 PM
The days are ticking down............

bri
8/18/2008, 04:54 PM
If you agree that we didn't play well on the road last year, why the hell do you think people who think we're gonna lose a couple of road games are MORONS?

OU_Sooners75
8/19/2008, 03:49 AM
If you agree that we didn't play well on the road last year, why the hell do you think people who think we're gonna lose a couple of road games are MORONS?

:confused:

1. What does last year have to do with this year?
2. It is moronic to compare what happened with a freshman QB to what will happen with a Sophomore QB.
3. The sun shines on a dog's arse once in awhile.