PDA

View Full Version : Russian General threatens to nuke Poland

Jerk
8/15/2008, 10:47 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080815/ap_on_re_eu/russia_us_missile_defense

MOSCOW – A top Russian general said Friday that Poland's agreement to accept a U.S. missile interceptor base exposes the ex-communist nation to attack, possibly by nuclear weapons, the Interfax news agency reported.
The statement by Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn is the strongest threat that Russia has issued against the plans to put missile defense elements in former Soviet satellite nations.

-----

Animal Mother
8/15/2008, 02:10 PM
Jumpin' Jimmy Jesus!!! Is it a full moon tomorrow or what? The Russians have certainly developed a knot in their underpantskys as of late.

soonersn20xx
8/15/2008, 02:13 PM
Jumpin' Jimmy Jesus!!! Is it a full moon tomorrow or what? The Russians have certainly developed a knot in their underpantskys as of late.

Yeah, they are kind of acting like us when they started putting missles into Cuba.

Animal Mother
8/15/2008, 02:16 PM
Any reports if Poland wet themselves after this guy was done rattling his nuklur saber?

picasso
8/15/2008, 02:33 PM
Jumpin' Jimmy Jesus!!! Is it a full moon tomorrow or what? The Russians have certainly exposed the knot they've always had in their underpantskys as of late.
fixed.

soonerinabilene
8/15/2008, 02:37 PM
well, at least the missile interceptors will be there to defend against nukes sent over because of the missile interceptors being there.

Okla-homey
8/15/2008, 02:43 PM
They are obviously taking advantage of the fact the Messiah is on vaca eating Macadamia nuts and shootin' hoops in Hawai'i.

I wish he'd hurry back to the world and tamp this crap down. Maybe send a plague of locusts or burning frogs or something.

SoonerProphet
8/15/2008, 02:57 PM
http://washingtonrealist.blogspot.com/

http://buchanan.org/blog/2008/08/pjb-blowback-from-bear-baiting/

Tulsa_Fireman
8/15/2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah, they are kind of acting like us when they started putting missles into Cuba.

Have you lost your ever-loving mind!?

Read it, slick. Missile DEFENSE system. Regardless of SALT, we got enough horsepower that way to turn european Russia into a glass parking lot already. If they were concerned about being under the scope, the birds would've flown long ago. I applaud Poland for saying, "Hell yes! Put a missile defense system here so those goosestepping bastards don't buttpunch us AGAIN."

It has no relation whatsoever to Cuba. It DOES however show exactly the same thing as Russian tank columns in Georgia do. The Reds are still imperialist bastards, they AREN'T our friend, and believe they still own the Eastern Bloc, regardless of how hard those nations try to separate.

Looks like the supposedly long-gone Cold War is starting to heat up a lil'.

soonersn20xx
8/15/2008, 03:12 PM
Ohhhh I see why you don't understand, you think the Russians are suppose to trust in the fact that this are just "defensive" missles because we say so.

It will be another footnote to the George Bush legacy, re-ignited Cold War with Russia with all of his other accomplishments in the world.:rolleyes:

SoonerProphet
8/15/2008, 03:14 PM
Have you lost your ever-loving mind!?

Read it, slick. Missile DEFENSE system.

An abrogation of the anti-ballistic missile treaty of 1972 by the way.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/15/2008, 03:42 PM
Which the U.S. punched out of in 2002.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/15/2008, 03:43 PM
its amazing how much posturing russia can do when the price of oil is high...

mdklatt
8/15/2008, 03:48 PM
its amazing how much posturing Russia, Iran, Venezuela, and a number of other countries that hate us can do when the price of oil is high...

Fixed. :mad:

SoonerProphet
8/15/2008, 03:50 PM
Which the U.S. punched out of in 2002.

Right. So Russia's reaction to that and NATO expansion to the near abroad was going to be, "thank you sir may we have another"?

Fugue
8/15/2008, 03:51 PM
Ohhhh I see why you don't understand, you think the Russians are suppose to trust in the fact that this are just "defensive" missles because we say so.

It will be another footnote to the George Bush legacy, re-ignited Cold War with Russia with all of his other accomplishments in the world.:rolleyes:

exactly, because before Bush, Russia never did anything like this.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/15/2008, 03:51 PM

This is beyond logic. This is Tom Cruise arguing the religious aspects of Scientology to Billy Graham.

Read the quote.

They threatened Poland with possible NUCLEAR comeuppance for the installation of a missile defense system. Threatened to vaporize an entire state for opening the door to western interests and thinking of its own self-preservation. And this is a "George Bush is de debbil!" argument!?

Do you argue just to stir the pot or are you really that blind?

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2008, 03:55 PM

As of late? They've always been this way. Paranoia is a national past-time.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/15/2008, 03:57 PM
Right. So Russia's reaction to that and NATO expansion to the near abroad was going to be, "thank you sir may we have another"?

So threatening the nuclear option is OKAY? Acceptable!?

The point is, it's pretty apparent that the Russian perspective still looks at the Eastern Bloc as theirs to dictate policy whenever and however they see fit. Let them have their little governments, let them get off the mother's teat, up until the Bear has to crush them back in line.

SoonerProphet
8/15/2008, 04:05 PM
So threatening the nuclear option is OKAY? Acceptable!?

The point is, it's pretty apparent that the Russian perspective still looks at the Eastern Bloc as theirs to dictate policy whenever and however they see fit. Let them have their little governments, let them get off the mother's teat, up until the Bear has to crush them back in line.

I'm not saying any of its okay. Governments, pundits, and politicians drive this sort of nonsense, not me. That aside, in terms of power politics, just as our government does, no option is off the table. If Poland wants to house a questionable missile defense shield, fine, just know that you will be targeted in the event of a full on thermo-nuclear dance.

Don't think that is the point at all. Putin's Russia isn't stupid, revanchist, or neo Czarist imperialists, and I am sure they realize there is a red line. The Ukraine may only fall on the halway point, but an attack on Poland would be suicide.

soonersn20xx
8/15/2008, 05:07 PM
And this is a "George Bush is de debbil!" argument!?

Do you argue just to stir the pot or are you really that blind?

No, this is another poorly handled foreign policy..........that's ok for you though. Just file it under bush bashing, that way nothing is his fault.

Jerk
8/15/2008, 05:18 PM
No, this is another poorly handled foreign policy..........that's ok for you though. Just file it under bush bashing, that way nothing is his fault.

bah, you're not worth it.

soonersn20xx
8/15/2008, 05:25 PM
There is an ignore feature Jerk, I'm here to remind you everyday on how your vote has indirectly led to these debacles.

Blue
8/15/2008, 05:26 PM
I've learned a valuable lesson in message board posting recently. Wait a few hours to say what you think and somebody else will do it for you. :D

Jerk
8/15/2008, 05:31 PM
There is an ignore feature Jerk, I'm here to remind you everyday on how your vote has indirectly led to these debacles.

Yeah, sure, as if things would be perfect now if Kerry and the Ketchup Maiden would have won in 04. :rolleyes:

You guys always say that Bush was a mistake, but unlike you, I don't forget who the alternative was.

soonersn20xx
8/15/2008, 05:37 PM
Just for a sec, have a open mind and read this article. http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/georgia-a-policy-debacle-for-us-20080812-3u4w.html

SoonerProphet
8/15/2008, 05:43 PM
To put the blame for this on the shoulders of the Bush administration is a bit shortsighted. The roots of this issue lay in the Clinton administration and liberal interventionists as well. It was only a matter of time before some more of those proverbial chickens came home to roost.

Jerk
8/15/2008, 05:46 PM
I don't know why that article fails to mention that it was Clinton who pushed for the independence of Kosovo. Bush carried on the policy.

Vaevictis
8/15/2008, 06:03 PM
Read it, slick. Missile DEFENSE system.

From a certain point of view, it's not just a defense system. If it works, mutually assured destruction goes out the window.

We'd have a problem with it too, if the situation were reversed.

Vaevictis
8/15/2008, 06:05 PM
And I'm not saying the Russians have good cause to threaten to nuke anyone, just that they have good cause to be a little antsy about the situation.

SoonerProphet
8/15/2008, 06:31 PM
From a certain point of view, it's not just a defense system. If it works, mutually assured destruction goes out the window.

We'd have a problem with it too, if the situation were reversed.

That seems to the whole issue right there. Not just the missile defense system either, but the "if the situation were reversed" language plays in on many levels.

Fraggle145
8/15/2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, sure, as if things would be perfect now if Kerry and the Ketchup Maiden would have won in 04. :rolleyes:

You guys always say that Bush was a mistake, but unlike you, I don't forget who the alternative was.

I'll agree here. They both SUCKED. We havent had a good candidate on either side since I've been able to vote. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Frozen Sooner
8/15/2008, 06:58 PM
I'll agree here. They both SUCKED. We havent had a good candidate on either side since I've been able to vote. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not sure how old you are, but I'd pretty vehemently disagree with that. We have two good candidates this year.

Curly Bill
8/15/2008, 07:01 PM
Not sure how old you are, but I'd pretty vehemently disagree with that. We have two good candidates this year.

You must be talking about some local race there in Alaska. ;)

Fraggle145
8/15/2008, 07:04 PM
We have two good candidates this year.

I would agree with that... but we havent got to vote for them yet. I'm 28, so my choices so far have been Bush vs. Gore, and Bush vs. Kerry.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 07:39 PM
I think we need a good Nuke war between China and Russia
Ya Know thin out the herd :eek:

AlbqSooner
8/15/2008, 08:04 PM
Had a chemistry teacher in high school who worked on the Manhattan project in Chicago. He said, and this was mid 60's, "As long as only the U.S. and Russia have nukes there is nothing to fear. We are too smart to use them and so are they. However, when place like Pakistan, Israel, some of the Arab countries get them the world is in trouble."

Prescient man he was.

Mixer!
8/16/2008, 01:12 AM
Do you argue just to stir the pot or are you really that young and naïve?
:pop:

Flagstaffsooner
8/16/2008, 01:53 AM
We've been practicing for this since the the 80's (http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/missilecommand.htm)

StoopTroup
8/16/2008, 07:56 AM
I know what we need to do....

H6kZccoRG0w

StoopTroup
8/16/2008, 08:02 AM
Chess anyone?

http://www.1st-chess-sets.com/CHPics/cs080txok-lg.jpg

Harry Beanbag
8/16/2008, 09:06 AM

Me either.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/17/2008, 02:08 PM
RISE, THREAD! RIIIIIISE FROM THE DEAD!

Round two. And I thought they were homies with Papa Bear?

Ukraine wants to party, too. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/2570285/Ukraine-offers-satellite-defence-co-operation-with-Europe-and-US.html)

Blue
8/17/2008, 02:11 PM
Russia just showed that they will never allow those missels to go on-line on their border. Just like Isreal won't allow Iran to have nukes. I wonder how the U.S. plans to implement these shields w/out kicking off WW3?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/17/2008, 02:22 PM
The way I see it, and folks, don't be afraid to correct me, is explained by the run up of nations washing their hands so briskly of their soviet masters.

NATO opens the door, free nations make decisions for themselves, Papa Bear gets pissy and sabre-rattles, but will they man up and roll tank columns on a member of NATO with western Europe and the U.S. keeping a watchful eye? If they do, it'll be the initial offensive efforts of the hammer and sickle that kicks off the party.

Will THEY risk WWIII stomping around like a petulant child about states that are no longer under their oppressive thumb? They act like someone stole their toy, when in all actuality, their toy packed their crap and moved out.