PDA

View Full Version : seattle hotels

soonerboomer93
8/15/2008, 10:45 AM
anyone?

anyone can recommend?

bueller?

I'm thinking the edgewater, mariott or crowne plaza, not sure what would be a fun area to stay though

RedstickSooner
8/15/2008, 10:53 AM
I like the Inn at the Market.

It's quiet, it's right in the middle of the Pike Place Market, and it's a pretty nice hotel, too.

schlanker
8/15/2008, 11:03 AM
I am staying at the Hilton Downtown. The concierge told me it is a cheap cab ride to the stadium. Plus I can imagine there is lots to do down there.

Jdog
8/15/2008, 12:16 PM
Red Lion downtown is right off of market street on 5th, which is nice - near some great restaurants - its a few blocks up the hill from the fish market - but your down town so it might be a long hike to the stadium? If you can spend more than a weekend in the area there's a lot to see.

BoomerJack
8/15/2008, 12:21 PM
It's been my experience that after going through summers in Houston and travelling to the Pacific Northwest in Aug. or Sept. that you won't want to stay in a hotel but sleep outside!!

auto
8/15/2008, 04:14 PM
Staying at the Alexis.

Sooner24
8/15/2008, 04:26 PM
Staying at the downtown Sheraton

NormanPride
8/15/2008, 04:58 PM
A friend of mine and I are staying at the College Inn about a mile from the stadium. There's a bar downstairs, but no cable and no internet. Of course, we'll be too busy at sports bars drinking beer to care about TV in the room. And we'll be WAAAYY too drunk to operate the internet without violating federal law, so who cares about that? :D :texan:

SeattleOUstudent
8/15/2008, 05:33 PM
WWW.tripadvisor.com (http://www.tripadvisor.com)

YWIA

OUMonster
8/15/2008, 05:58 PM
Staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Bellevue.

sOUnder
8/16/2008, 12:08 AM
anyone?

anyone can recommend?

bueller?

I'm thinking the edgewater, mariott or crowne plaza, not sure what would be a fun area to stay though

Years ago, the Edgewater was cool because you could fish right out of your room window. They even rented poles and tackle in the lobby. However, the current ownership is apparently too classy for that type of recreation.

Also of note for Led Zeppelin fans, the Edgewater is where the notorious mud shark incident took place back in the early '70s.

You might try the Camlin in downtown Seattle. It's on the National Register of Historic Places and was recently remodeled. I've never stayed there, but I understand the rooms are big and the place has character.

WestAustinSooner
8/17/2008, 09:33 AM
The Edgewater's rooms are tiny and expensive.

I'm staying at the Andra in downtown/Belltown. Its within walking distance of many great things to do and places to eat.