PDA

View Full Version : Big XII Championship Game in KC

okcusooner
8/14/2008, 08:47 PM
I've never understood why the Big XII Championship game would ever be played in Kansas City in December, given the probability for foul weather.

I prefer the best possible playing conditions. This, in my opinion, improves the chances that the best team will win.

The game should always be played in STL, Houston, or San Antonio.

royalfan5
8/14/2008, 08:50 PM
I believe people should quit being whiners about weather. The best team should be able to adjust to less than ideal conditions better if they are truly the best.

bonkuba
8/14/2008, 08:53 PM
Been to many and I have to say that I hate it when it is up in KC (from a fan standpoint). Basically everything about it.....

BUT, from a team standpoint it shouldn't make a difference.

Anyway.......I gripe but I will still be there freezing my *** off. :D

royalfan5
8/14/2008, 08:55 PM
Been to many and I have to say that I hate it when it is up in KC (from a fan standpoint). Basically everything about it.....

BUT, from a team standpoint it shouldn't make a difference.

Anyway.......I gripe but I will still be there freezing my *** off. :D

buy a coat and a fifth of Jack.

htownsooner7
8/14/2008, 09:01 PM
I believe people should quit being whiners about weather. The best team should be able to adjust to less than ideal conditions better if they are truly the best.

I loved when Nebraska packed Arrowhead in 2006 and actually thought they were going to win. Say what you want, but our run in this championship game far exceeds anything from other major conferences. Royalfan5, were you one of them? You have to admit you froze your *** off, and then had so many critical turnovers to boot. That being said, I pregame partied with husker fans and had a great time.

okcusooner
8/14/2008, 09:14 PM

Why, if you could avoid it, would you ever want to risk playing in another Ice Bowl?

23 years later the game has some nostalgia about it, but not because of the quality of play. It was, in fact, a horrible game. To quote David Vickers, "It's all you could do to stand up"

I have no problem with cold. But a sloppy field takes away from the quality and integrity of the game.

auto
8/14/2008, 09:17 PM
Why, if you could avoid it, would you ever want to risk playing in another Ice Bowl?

23 years later the game has some nostalgia about it, but not because of the quality of play. It was, in fact, a horrible game. To quote David Vickers, "It's all you could do to stand up"

I have no problem with cold. But a sloppy field takes away from the quality and integrity of the game.

Yeah, all football should be played in clear, sunny weather at 70 degrees. :rolleyes: What a bunch of VGG's.:pop:

goingoneight
8/14/2008, 09:23 PM
It shows a lot about the heart and character of a football team to go from August heat to December ice storms and play like a champion regardless.

Blitzkrieg
8/14/2008, 09:28 PM
KC is a great venue and we are 3-1 there. whats the problem?

MichiganSooner
8/14/2008, 09:33 PM
I'm happy to be going to the Big 12 Championship wherever it is played if we are there. Besides, when it gets colder all a person has to do is put on another layer.

okcusooner
8/14/2008, 09:38 PM
I'm happy to be going to the Big 12 Championship wherever it is played if we are there. Besides, when it gets colder all a person has to do is put on another layer.

My issue is not with cold weather. My issue is with the real possibility of horrendous field conditions (e.g. 85 Ice-Bowl) that negates the comparative advantage one team has over another.

Soonerfan88
8/14/2008, 09:38 PM
The truth is that no other city/venue in the North wants it. St. Louis had it the first year and decided it wasn't worth it so never bid again. Does anyone think Denver would be a better answer? What other options are there for the North rotation?

Paperclip
8/14/2008, 09:39 PM
There's a reason weather is called the great equalizer. But yes, I've been to 3 of the 4 games we've played there.

Salt City Sooner
8/14/2008, 09:44 PM
The truth is that no other city/venue in the North wants it. St. Louis had it the first year and decided it wasn't worth it so never bid again. Does anyone think Denver would be a better answer? What other options are there for the North rotation?
KSU/A&M '98 was in St. Louis.

MichiganSooner
8/14/2008, 09:54 PM
I have been to 2 games there when it was real cold. The field seemed fine to me. I understand what you are saying because it is an important game but both teams have to play on the same field. It may slow down a quick team but that's football. I've also been to major league baseball games with artificial turf and they never called the game because they didnt' want to give a Raincheck during the pennant race. Game was stopped about 9 pm and resumed at 2 AM. They got in the 5 innings or whatever and called it official. I would have rather have watched them play in the rain like football. I was soaked anyway. Having said that, I like KC because it is closer for me than San Antonio but I do wish they had a dome.

pappy
8/14/2008, 10:02 PM
This past season was the 1st big 12 title game I got to attend and loved every bit of it! My friends and I are already planning on going and freezing our tails off in KC. Personally I like watching football games in the snow although I hope its not snowing at this one if I'm able to go!

royalfan5
8/14/2008, 10:15 PM
I loved when Nebraska packed Arrowhead in 2006 and actually thought they were going to win. Say what you want, but our run in this championship game far exceeds anything from other major conferences. Royalfan5, were you one of them? You have to admit you froze your *** off, and then had so many critical turnovers to boot. That being said, I pregame partied with husker fans and had a great time.

I've played ball in very cold weather. It's a much purer form of the game than warm weather bull****. Fans can get a coat. Hell, you can buy coveralls at your local tractor supply. If the players can't hack the cold, they ain't that good.

JPNSKER
8/14/2008, 10:41 PM
I've played ball in very cold weather. It's a much purer form of the game than warm weather bull****. Fans can get a coat. Hell, you can buy coveralls at your local tractor supply. If the players can't hack the cold, they ain't that good.

Heh. Yeah, there's nothing like getting your cold hand caught between a couple of helmets!:eek: I think my hand was still numb a week later....

I'm with you though. I personally liked playing in cold weather.

sooner59
8/14/2008, 10:59 PM
Cold weather is the best weather for fans and players if their team wins. Fans are really happy with the win and to get back to warmth and celebrate, and I can say its much better to win in cold weather as a player, because of the end-of-the-season atmosphere. Its much more exciting and more about football and less about who can handle the heat and humidity. I loved being at the OU-NU game in '06. It was 18 degrees and I froze, but a very enjoyable game....gets the blood pumping (if you jump up and down all game like me). Hey as long as we win, I don't care where its played.

CORNholio
8/14/2008, 11:34 PM
The Big 12 should make Jerry World the permanent B12CG location as soon as it opens. Yes it gets cold in Dallas in December but not KC cold.

ouwasp
8/14/2008, 11:39 PM
Everbody is making some good points...

I've been to two of the championship games in KC, one terribly cold, the other just sorta.

imo, the game, if it must be played in KC...SHOULD BE PLAYED DURING THE DAY!

Night in KC during December = stupid

illinisooner
8/14/2008, 11:53 PM
St. Louis, Denver, and Houston are too far away, even if they may be good venues. San Antonio, Dallas, and KC are probably the best choices. Our conference title game is always at night, so inevitably, it will be close to freezing if the game is played in KC. I talked to some Mizzou fans tonight who said the main advantage for them playing in KC wasn't "home field", it was the fact that it'd be cold! In the words of Mike Gundy, are you kidding me? They must think of Norman as some tropical paradise that is 85 degrees year round or something.

SteelClip49
8/15/2008, 12:26 AM
Big 12 Baseball Tourney should stay permanently in Oklahoma City.

Big 12 Championship Game should be rotated between the Alamodome, Reliant Stadium and the new Cowdungs stadium.

Big 12 Hoops Tourney should stay permanently in Kansas City.

This is the best solution.

auto
8/15/2008, 05:04 AM
The Big 12 should make Jerry World the permanent B12CG location as soon as it opens. Yes it gets cold in Dallas in December but not KC cold.

Dallas Cold????? Cold weather whiners on this board. Personally the greatest travesty in the world is all the BCS bowls have to be in warm weather locales which I hate.

Imagine the BCS Championship Bowl Game in Chicago. Now that's football.:D

Blitzkrieg
8/15/2008, 07:23 AM
imagine 1986 and miami coming to KC jan 1st to play the title game.

humblesooner
8/15/2008, 09:25 AM
St. Louis, Denver, and Houston are too far away, even if they may be good venues. San Antonio, Dallas, and KC are probably the best choices. Our conference title game is always at night, so inevitably, it will be close to freezing if the game is played in KC. I talked to some Mizzou fans tonight who said the main advantage for them playing in KC wasn't "home field", it was the fact that it'd be cold! In the words of Mike Gundy, are you kidding me? They must think of Norman as some tropical paradise that is 85 degrees year round or something.

If distance is your issue with St Louis and Houston, then you need to leave out San Antonio, also. SA is further south than Houston. It is definitely more fun than Houston, but you used distance as your criteria.

snp
8/15/2008, 11:03 AM
Big 12 Baseball Tourney should stay permanently in Oklahoma City.

Big 12 Championship Game should be rotated between the Alamodome, Reliant Stadium and the new Cowdungs stadium.

Big 12 Hoops Tourney should stay permanently in Kansas City.

This is what I'd do.

JLEW1818
8/15/2008, 11:17 AM

How is Houston any farther then San Antonio ? Houston has one of the top 2 stadiums in the world, behind Arizona. Sure that will change in a year or two...Dallas.

yermom
8/15/2008, 11:28 AM
whiners, the lot of you

my only issue is that it's so close for the North team so often. it should be Dallas and KC every other year or something

it's not like it's been Green Bay cold up there

i'll worry about the weather when we are set to three-peat the thing. i'll be happy to be cold in KC again if i get the chance :D

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2008, 05:45 PM
I've never understood why the Big XII Championship game would ever be played in Kansas City in December, given the probability for foul weather.

I prefer the best possible playing conditions. This, in my opinion, improves the chances that the best team will win.

you big vagina.

picasso
8/15/2008, 05:59 PM
I love it, been to 5 OU games there. Great town, great venue, great weather. It reminds of high school football playoffs!

Charla
8/15/2008, 06:01 PM
It is always warm in Arizona when we go there about a month after the Conf. Championship. I would rather win in the cold than lose in the heat, Sounds to me like somebody needs to start watching Basketball.

okcusooner
8/15/2008, 07:34 PM
you big vagina.

It's strange how some of the most unintelligent non-responsive arguments often come from people with a very high post count.

Wait, no, it's not strange. It's actually easy to figure.

r5TPsooner
8/15/2008, 07:41 PM
KSU/A&M '98 was in St. Louis.

I'd rather see the game in St. Louis than KC. Too bad that it didn't work out better. Better city, better playing conditions.

OU-HSV
8/15/2008, 07:47 PM
whiners, the lot of you

my only issue is that it's so close for the North team so often. it should be Dallas and KC every other year or something

it's not like it's been Green Bay cold up there

i'll worry about the weather when we are set to three-peat the thing. i'll be happy to be cold in KC again if i get the chance :D

I agree, it sometimes seems too close for the North teams.
But it's one helluva atmosphere, and even standing in the cold weather is something I can look past. (as long as we're not getting drummed by k-state in a game we don't remember...that was a rougher game on me of course) ;)

I was one of the many brave souls who drove in the snow in Dec. '06 on the really sh*tty Oklahoma roads to get to the game. I must say though, once you get out of OK the snowy roads are better kept, go figure.
The cold doesn't bother me as much as it seems like it may bother others. My brother and I simply dressed for the cold and used lots of handwarmers for more than just our hands.
So I say, suck it up, drink beer (or liquor), dress warm when you know it's freezing azz cold out there and enjoy the game as long as they keep it in KC. And if a particular team isn't good enough to win in the cold, than they're simply not good enough. It's just as much a disadvantage for one team as it is another...I guess unless its Colorado of course cause theyre more used to that kinda ****ty weather :D

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2008, 09:18 PM
It's strange how some of the most unintelligent non-responsive arguments often come from people with a very high post count.

It's also strange how most noobs start the most idiotic threads to begin with.

Wait, no, it's not strange. It's like potty training, sometimes they miss the can.

And for what it's worth, chuckles, the game of football was meant to be played outdoors in the elements. Not in some giant warehouse on man made grass.

SoonerShark
8/15/2008, 11:05 PM
Why not have the championship game played in conditions that emulate the site of the bowl game to be played? Of course, we have killed in recent BCS games. No wait, we have been kicked the last few BCS games. Jason White may have been hurt in KC in 2003 due to the weather, which meant that he could not throw the ball in New Orleans. It is stupid to play a game in KC on a December night. Only the 2004 OU-CU game in KC was not miserable.

JLEW1818
8/15/2008, 11:15 PM
"You know what we could do, The Astrodome."

What movie???

goingoneight
8/16/2008, 12:09 AM
:les: MOVE IT TO OKC!!!111!111!1

goingoneight
8/16/2008, 12:11 AM
Why not have the championship game played in conditions that emulate the site of the bowl game to be played? Of course, we have killed in recent BCS games. No wait, we have been kicked the last few BCS games. Jason White may have been hurt in KC in 2003 due to the weather, which meant that he could not throw the ball in New Orleans. It is stupid to play a game in KC on a December night. Only the 2004 OU-CU game in KC was not miserable.

Eh... I thought it was kinda neat explaining to the Miami people what a "cold" was that I got in KC.

yermom
8/16/2008, 03:45 AM

put on a coat, Nancy ;)

auto
8/16/2008, 08:38 AM

Wait, no, it's not strange. It's like potty training, sometimes they miss the can.

And for what it's worth, chuckles, the game of football was meant to be played outdoors in the elements. Not in some giant warehouse on man made grass.

Ed Zachary:D

trey
8/16/2008, 09:04 AM
it's football in december. it should be cold. i hope i'm sitting in arrowhead on december 6 and it's snowing.

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 10:50 AM

Gee, what's flawed about this argument? Warily, I'll tell you though I have some concerns that you won't understand anyway.

Do you think that back in 1869 when Rutgers was about to play Princeton in the first college football game, the parties had a meaningful choice between playing out in the elements or in a dry, covered dome?

Instead of placing thousands of posts, spend more time in a library. Learn the difference between quantity of thought and quality of thought.

batonrougesooner
8/16/2008, 11:02 AM
Big 12 Baseball Tourney should rotate cities. Who cares anyway?

Big 12 Hoops Tourney should stay permanently in Oklahoma City.

Fixed it for you.

Soonerus
8/16/2008, 11:06 AM
Kansas City is a fun trip...weather is not really a factor for the players...

Stitch Face
8/16/2008, 11:20 AM
In okcusooner's defense, it must be hard to handle cold weather with skin that thin.

auto
8/16/2008, 11:34 AM
In okcusooner's defense, it must be hard to handle cold weather with skin that thin.

:D :D :pop:

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 11:35 AM

Oh very good. I'm proud of you.

Most of the time when someone can't substantively address an argument they just trot out the ol' "noob" insult.

But not you. You've resorted to a much more clever ad hominem attack rather than address the argument that a league championship game is far too important to be subjected to potential ice-bowl conditions.

Ever wonder why the biggest football game every year is played either in a dome or a lower lattitude sun-belt city?

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2008, 11:47 AM
Gee, what's flawed about this argument? Warily, I'll tell you though I have some concerns that you won't understand anyway.

Do you think that back in 1869 when Rutgers was about to play Princeton in the first college football game, the parties had a meaningful choice between playing out in the elements or in a dry, covered dome?

Instead of placing thousands of posts, spend more time in a library. Learn the difference between quantity of thought and quality of thought.

Good grief, do you still enjoy nature despite what it did to you?

Hey, chuckles. I think these numbers will pretty much let you know that you fall in the "grow a f-ing pair" or stay home crowd.

'96 - St. Louis - 63,109
'97 - San Antonio - 64,824
'98 - St. Louis - 60,798
'99 - San Antonio - 65,035
'00 - Kansas City - 79,665
'01 - Irving - 65,675
'02 - Houston - 63,332
'03 - Kansas City - 79,451
'04 - Kansas City - 62,130
'05 - Houston - 71,107
'06 - Kansas City - 80,031
'07 - San Antonio - 62,585
'08 - Kansas City

Welcome to Soonerfans, ya big va jay jay!

batonrougesooner
8/16/2008, 11:51 AM
I just so happen to be in Kansas City right now. Enjoying a long weekend and the Jack Johnson concert.

Anyway, I think it's a cool town and a fun trip for the BCC. I've made two of the games up here. So what if it's alittle cold? I don't remember the field ever being an issue.

Potential ice bowl conditions keep getting mentioned but it hasn't ever happened. I like to see it rotated between KC and other spots.

Like someone mentioned. Put on a coat. Just don't shoplift one.

Stitch Face
8/16/2008, 11:56 AM
But not you. You've resorted to a much more clever ad hominem attack rather than address the argument that a league championship game is far too important to be subjected to potential ice-bowl conditions.

Ever wonder why the biggest football game every year is played either in a dome or a lower lattitude sun-belt city?

:confused: Me no get big talks :confused:

auto
8/16/2008, 12:12 PM

Because people are too much of puzzies?:D

mojohornfan
8/16/2008, 12:13 PM
You guys won't have to worry about the cold in KC come December. Your livingrooms will be warm enough.

:D

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 12:30 PM
Because people are too much of puzzies?:D

Wow! another highly intelligent response. Perhaps you should be on the "real men of genious" commercials.

At least mojohornfan was clever.

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 12:35 PM
Welcome to Soonerfans, ya big va jay jay!

It's my fault for thinking I could reason with a person who thinks it's cool to
append a line from "Rocky IV" to his screen name.

Sir Elwood
8/16/2008, 12:54 PM
It's my fault for thinking I could reason with a person who thinks it's cool to
append a line from "Rocky IV" to his screen name.

You need to spend less time on this board arguing and more time rubbing my feet.

boof the cat-

TheUnnamedSooner
8/16/2008, 01:17 PM
I never understood the argument about playing in good weather. The game is football and weather is a part of the game. It's part of what I love about football is you can't always use the same schemes/gameplan and have to adjust to nature. That's what a great team is.

Besides, when it's that cold outside, it makes the beer taste that much better!

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2008, 01:18 PM
You need to spend less time on this board arguing and more time rubbing my feet.

boof the cat-

If he dies, he dies.

birddog
8/16/2008, 01:33 PM
i've heard stoops complain about playing in kc in december. i don't blame him. i hate climate controlled stadiums but if they must play in kc, it should be a day game.

John Kochtoston
8/16/2008, 01:39 PM

The fact that the game has consistently high attendance there also has a lot to do with it.

CatfishSooner
8/16/2008, 01:47 PM
I love KC....the 2006 game was awesommmmmmmmmmme///

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2008, 02:42 PM
i've heard stoops complain about playing in kc in december. i don't blame him. i hate climate controlled stadiums but if they must play in kc, it should be a day game.

You've never heard Stoops complain about playing in KC, because he never has. Nor would he ever blame anything on the weather.

opksooner
8/16/2008, 02:51 PM
Just a couple of points:

St Louis? Fugeddaboudit! They don't even support Mizzou athletics let alone the Big XII Championship game. They're Big Ten obsessed.

Kansas City: As Picasso, Paperclip, and others have opined it is a great venue, and the city is even better for game crowds now that the Power and Light entertainment district has opened up. Those of you coming up for the game (yes, the Sooners will be there) should definitely plan to make that scene.

The best scenerio would be a rotation between KC and either SA or Dallas, as they are doing now. That would give a divisional rotation as well as a weather variation.

Oh, BTW......at gametime in San Antonio last December the temperature in KC was in the 60s.

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 03:17 PM
You've never heard Stoops complain about playing in KC, because he never has. Nor would he ever blame anything on the weather.

Oh. And you know all things about Bob Stoops. Got him on speed dial do you?

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 03:20 PM

Did you not get his # when you registered here?

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2008, 03:21 PM

The comedy wit of a six year old, ladies and gentlmen.

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 03:40 PM
The comedy wit of a six year old, ladies and gentlmen.

The grammatical skills of a six-year old. Ever heard of an adjective?

Next time try the word "comedic". Again, see the advice I gave you earlier. Spend less time accumulating thousands of posts and more time in a library.

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2008, 03:48 PM
Next time try the word "comedic". Again, see the advice I gave you earlier. Spend less time accumulating thousands of posts and more time in a library.

Good to see that okcu education is paying dividends.

Man, pimping you is easy. You're message board skills are ninja like!

The Quoting Sensei, ladies and gentlemen.

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2008, 03:49 PM
Heh, I can't even quote his quote because it's such a giant cluster*** the board won't even accept it.;)

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 03:59 PM
Good to see that okcu education is paying dividends.

Man, pimping you is easy. You're message board skills are ninja like!

The Quoting Sensei, ladies and gentlemen.

Seriously. How are we to respect your opinion(s) when you have difficulty putting together a grammatically correct post.

You'd think that after being called out the first time, you would have (if not for the sake of pride) been more diligent in your writing.

Go learn the difference between "you're" and "your" before blessing us with more of your considerable insight.

auto
8/16/2008, 04:14 PM
before blessing us with more of your considerable insight.

Would that include posters who whine about weather as related to football?

What's that I hear in the background? It's the whambulance, they are here for you.:D

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 04:18 PM
Would that include posters who whine about weather as related to football?

What's that I hear in the background? It's the whambulance, they are here for you.:D

Hmmm. Auto would you mind repeating this post? Perhaps the second time around it will be funny, profound, or even relevant.

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 04:23 PM
Hmmm. Auto would you mind repeating this post? Perhaps the second time around it will be funny, profound, or even relevant.

Boy I think you done peed in your Post toasties. Iffen we wanted Lessons In spellin and Grammer stuff wed be going to a Educatin board Now wouldnt we ?? :rolleyes:
nOObs

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 05:06 PM
Boy I think you done peed in your Post toasties. Iffen we wanted Lessons In spellin and Grammer stuff wed be going to a Educatin board Now wouldnt we ?? :rolleyes:
nOObs

Have I mentioned before that there seem to be a lot of sassy nOObs these days?

...and for those that aren't nOObs, they just don't post very much so they have low post counts, I didn't mean to offend.

birddog
8/16/2008, 05:47 PM

of course he wouldn't blame anything on the weather. i didn't say that. he has said that he personally didn't like playing in kc. not for his teams sake but because it's cold.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/16/2008, 06:07 PM
It's people like okcusooner thatgives the rest of us "Sooner fans" a bad rap.

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 06:18 PM
Oh very good. I'm proud of you.

Most of the time when someone can't substantively address an argument they just trot out the ol' "noob" insult.

Man you the one needs to Pay tention .
How Many times I got to tell you nOObs , that Its nOObs Not noobs
get it right einstien :P

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 06:24 PM
Man you the one needs to Pay tention .
How Many times I got to tell you nOObs , that Its nOObs Not noobs
get it right einstien :P

Why am I not surprised that the self-proclaimed "Otis of Drunkytown" would be so astute as to point out the "correct" spelling of a pseudo-word yet be clueless on how to spell Einstein?

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 06:28 PM
Why am I not surprised that the self-proclaimed "Otis of Drunkytown" would be so astute as to point out the "correct" spelling of a pseudo-word yet be clueless on how to spell Einstein?

Cause I like ****ing wit nOObs :P

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 06:30 PM

Why are you trying so hard to be the board horse's patoot?

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 06:31 PM
Cause I like ****ing wit nOObs :P

Ok Otis. Get back to your Pabst Blue Ribbon, Hungry Man, and Larry The Cable Guy DVD.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Vet! Guy says you drink Pabst. Shows how much he knows. :D

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 06:38 PM
Why are you trying so hard to be the board horse's patoot?

Curly, you have been a voice of reason in the past. Here, it seems you have walked into the middle of something without understanding its genesis. I suggest you read this thread from the beginning.

I posed a question in good faith. Some have voiced reasonable disagreement. That is fine. Others, like auto and kc//crimson immediately resorted to ad hominem attacks. I am not shy about defending myself when someone else strikes first.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 06:45 PM
Curly, you have been a voice of reason in the past. Here, it seems you have walked into the middle of something without understanding its genesis. I suggest you read this thread from the beginning.

I posed a question in good faith. Some have voiced reasonable disagreement. That is fine. Others, like auto and kc//crimson immediately resorted to ad hominem attacks. I am not shy about defending myself when someone else strikes first.

As a voice of reason I still maintain that you are coming across as a horse's patoot. While your initial question may have had some merit, since then you have veered off into attacking other posters who at least as this board goes have considerably more clout then you. Regardless of whether they may have resorted to ad hominem attacks you have now gotten into the mud as well.

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 06:46 PM
As a voice of reason I still maintain that you are coming across as a horse's patoot. While your initial question may have had some merit, since then you have veered off into attacking other posters who at least as this board goes have considerably more clout then you. Regardless of whether they may have resorted to ad hominem attacks you have now gotten into the mud as well.

No he peed in his Post toasties , Pay tention:D

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 06:48 PM
Ok Otis. Get back to your Pabst Blue Ribbon, Hungry Man, and Larry The Cable Guy DVD.

OK buttercup Jr.
Its Natty Lite , I cook very well so no need of frozen stuff . and Im not a fan of LCG. Just so you know you aint so smart :P

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 06:50 PM
OK buttercup Jr.
Its Natty Lite , I cook very well so no need of frozen stuff . and Im not a fan of LCG. Just so you know you aint so smart :P

You know, I don't mind a Hungry Man dinner once a month or so. :D

okcusooner
8/16/2008, 06:53 PM

The recurring problem on this site (one that I hope changes) is that "clout" is gained by quantity of posts, not quality. It is elitist trash to call someone a nOOb when that person has few posts, but makes an assertion with which a person disagrees.

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 06:55 PM
The recurring problem on this site (one that I hope changes) is that "clout" is gained by quantity of posts, not quality. It is elitist trash to call someone a nOOb when that person has few posts, but makes an assertion with which a person disagrees.

well at least we got you spellin it right nOOb :D

CORNholio
8/16/2008, 06:55 PM
Why can't they just have it at the team with the best records home stadium. It would be in Norman about every other year. That would be sweet.;)

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 06:56 PM

Well...being called a nOOb when you have few posts is just one of those things that's going to happen. I'd say the best way to deal with it is not to worry about it, but especially not to attack those in a position to call you that. Sometimes it's best to try and fly under the radar.

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 06:57 PM
Well...being called a nOOb when you have few posts is just one of those things that's going to happen. I'd say the best way to deal with it is not to worry about it, but especially not to attack those in a position to call you that. Sometime it's best to try and fly under the radar.

Or he could just Not the door hit him in the *** as he leaves :cool:

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 07:04 PM
Or he could just Not the door hit him in the *** as he leaves :cool:

Yup, that's definitely another option. ;)

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 07:06 PM
Yup, that's definitely another option. ;)

as obsessed as he is with corect spellin and stuff I bet hes a 3rd grade english teacher:D

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 07:10 PM
I'd just like to say here that I am not having a Hungry Man for dinner, tonight it's sirloin prepared on the stove and in the oven, fresh spinach, and some red beans. Yummmmmmmmmmm....

CORNholio
8/16/2008, 07:20 PM
I'd just like to say here that I am not having a Hungry Man for dinner, tonight it's sirloin prepared on the stove and in the oven, fresh spinach, and some red beans. Yummmmmmmmmmm....

Why are people hating on 'Hungry Man'? It is the greatest of all frozen delicacies.

CORNholio
8/16/2008, 07:23 PM

In.
Triple crown of win.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 07:23 PM
Why are people hating on 'Hungry Man'? It is the greatest of all frozen delicacies.

Yeah, I mean ever so often they're what's called for. I have a couple in my freezer right now for just such occasions. :D

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2008, 07:33 PM
This post is dedicated to my esteemed colleague okcusooner. It's his birthday today, so everybody wish him a good one. As for me, I'll be reminiscing about all that sexy time I had with his mom nine months before he was born.

Happy Birthday, old chum!

Charla
8/17/2008, 01:19 AM
KC Crimson you are getting awful rough on poor little OKCU. I have been waiting on Lid to get in on some of this. All I can say to the boy is if he would of spent less time in the library and more time playing outside his VAG. DRIP MIGHT NOT BE SO BAD. He makes it sound like we shouldn't be proud to be Rednecks.

StormySooner-IN
8/17/2008, 10:21 AM
I don't care if its cold or hot or what.

Maybe because I've lived in CLE and IND all my life....and my fave team won the superbowl during a fricking monsoon while there was a blizzard here.

As long as we win and have fun........

Stitch Face
8/17/2008, 01:33 PM
Something about okcusooner is starting to make me think 'Mod-Troll.' Nobody on a sports board in '08 could have their panties in that much of a wad over grammar smack, name-calling, etc.

olevetonahill
8/17/2008, 03:46 PM
Something about okcusooner is starting to make me think 'Mod-Troll.' Nobody on a sports board in '08 could have their panties in that much of a wad over grammar smack, name-calling, etc.

Iffen he was a Mod troll hed be green , Hes red cause we dont like folk coming here and calling us morans :mad:

auto
8/17/2008, 06:26 PM
. As for me, I'll be reminiscing about all that sexy time I had with his mom nine months before he was born.

!

Hopefully it was in KC:D :D ;)

soonervegas
8/18/2008, 01:53 PM
It's always funner in KC. I wish it were there every year.

silverwheels
8/18/2008, 02:13 PM
okcusooner, it's the internet. If you can't handle a little ribbing and joking from posters here, then maybe you should try somewhere else. No one was being serious until you started whining about it.