PDA

View Full Version : A day in my life as an operational AWACS Nav.

SoonerStormchaser
8/14/2008, 08:17 PM
Show for a typical mission is 0dark30...lots of briefs. I tell everyone where we go and how we're getting there. Then we step to the jet...and pending nothing's wrong with the jet, we do this:
3A-D6VDcNJg

Then we climb up...go around in circles (or racetracks) for a bit then, on occasion, we get to do this...which kicks *** for the flight deck:
k4-Jfz_L4mg

Then it's usually going around in circles again, before coming back home to do this:
lKaKAoyRJ84

Then we go back to the squadron and...on occasion, we're subjected to this:
L0po7ZqUvKs

Yes, ladies and gentlemen...MY JOB KICKS ***!!!

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 08:24 PM
Show for a typical mission is 0dark30...lots of briefs. I tell everyone where we go and how we're getting there. Then we step to the jet...and pending nothing's wrong with the jet, we do this:
3A-D6VDcNJg

Then we climb up...go around in circles (or racetracks) for a bit then, on occasion, we get to do this...which kicks *** for the flight deck:
k4-Jfz_L4mg

Then it's usually going around in circles again, before coming back home to do this:
lKaKAoyRJ84

Then we go back to the squadron and...on occasion, we're subjected to this:
L0po7ZqUvKs

Yes, ladies and gentlemen...MY JOB KICKS ***!!!

Lets see
You play with a Lot of mens underwear, tell everyone where to go and how to get there, ( dont Yall Normally use a plane ? )
Ya run around in circles then come home and its Nappy time .
Gotcha

SoonerStormchaser
8/14/2008, 08:45 PM
And I get paid to do that ****!

Okla-homey
8/15/2008, 05:41 AM
There is a reason they never made a recruiting commercial featuring AWACS people or their mission. The mission is boring as heck. What's more, the scope dopes in the back run the show. You're trying to put lipstick on a pig there LT.

I'm starting to detect a pattern.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 05:49 AM
There is a reason they never made a recruiting commercial featuring AWACS people or their mission. The mission is boring as heck. What's more, the scope dopes in the back run the show. You're trying to put lipstick on a pig there LT.

you aint talkin about his Cougar are you ?:eek: :D

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 05:51 AM
And I get paid to do that ****!

I got Paid to be a Prison guard to But that was boring as hell .:P

SoonerStormchaser
8/15/2008, 02:20 PM

You might think it's boring there sir, but I love what I do and I'm incredibly happy.

Okla-homey
8/15/2008, 02:23 PM
You might think it's boring there sir, but I love what I do and I'm incredibly happy.

Then you are one of the blessed few who are easily amused.

Go in peace.

C&CDean
8/15/2008, 02:26 PM
If you want a really fun job like I had in the military, kick open one of them side doors and take the big leap. THAT is fun. Sitting in a plane for hours on end sucks baboon ***. I know, I do it pretty much every other week.

SoonerStormchaser
8/15/2008, 02:37 PM
If I really could do whatever I wanted...I'd have gone Combat Weather.

Okla-homey
8/15/2008, 02:41 PM
If I really could do whatever I wanted...I'd have gone Combat Weather.

I used to command a bunch of those guys. They seemed to enjoy themselves because they got to jump and play in the mud with the Rangers and airborne infantry. It was muey hoohah.

They hated station duty though.

SoonerStormchaser
8/15/2008, 02:45 PM
I bet...the reasons I didn't go combat weather are:
a. I didn't finish the meteorology degree...got the geosciences degree instead.
b. I look like a damn Ethiopian.

Okla-homey
8/15/2008, 02:49 PM
I bet...the reasons I didn't go combat weather are:
a. I didn't finish the meteorology degree...got the geosciences degree instead.
b. I look like a damn Ethiopian.

skinny is good for paratroopers. The old T-10 canopy still in use was designed for about 150 pounds including gear. Nowadays, the trooper averages 160 pounds plus he has 50-75 pounds of crap strapped to him.

That means he falls faster and that = more jump injuries.

sooner_born_1960
8/15/2008, 02:52 PM
heavy things fall faster?

C&CDean
8/15/2008, 02:54 PM
skinny is good for paratroopers. The old T-10 canopy still in use was designed for about 150 pounds including gear. Nowadays, the trooper averages 160 pounds plus he has 50-75 pounds of crap strapped to him.

That means he falls faster and that = more jump injuries.

My first 30 or so jumps were with a T-10. I was about 190 + I was an RTO carrying a PRC-77, spare batteries, ammo, etc. in my WICE bag. I bet I went out the door at about 300 pounds, give or take.

The worst injury I ever got was a bruise on my *** cheek from landing on my wallet.

Okla-homey
8/15/2008, 06:10 PM

yep, under a T10 they do.

Frozen Sooner
8/15/2008, 07:34 PM

They may not fall faster, but they fall with more force.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 07:36 PM
They may not fall faster, but they fall with more force.

WEll Mike you are a smart feller
which weighs More a LB of Lead or a Lb of feathers ?????????:D

Frozen Sooner
8/15/2008, 07:47 PM
They both weigh more that 16oz of Natty.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 07:49 PM
They both weigh more that 16oz of Natty.

I knew you wuz smart an stuff :D