PDA

View Full Version : Crybaby Wrestler throws Bronze Medal on the Ground

lexsooner
8/14/2008, 05:18 PM
After losing a controversial semifinal to the eventual champion, a Swedish wrestler won the bronze medal match and then proceeded to throw a temper tantrum at the medal ceremony, flinging his bronze medal to the ground and storming off. What a big baby. He might have been screwed, but don't ruin the ceremony for everyone else. No class.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26200165/

Curly Bill
8/14/2008, 06:00 PM
If he was screwed by the judges then I'm all for him. I'm not a big fan of showing class when you've been cheated.

edit....this is in cases of obvious cheating, if you lost and you're just mad about it then yeah show some class.

StoopTroup
8/14/2008, 06:26 PM
Is he an aggie exchange student? ;)

lexsooner
8/14/2008, 10:14 PM
If he was screwed by the judges then I'm all for him. I'm not a big fan of showing class when you've been cheated.

edit....this is in cases of obvious cheating, if you lost and you're just mad about it then yeah show some class.

But why ruin it for others at the ceremony who had nothing to do with it, like the other medalists? I recall when our basketball team got screwed in the 72 Olympic finals, they just refused the medal and didn't show up for the ceremony and agreed in a pact to a person to never accept the silver. Nobody has to date.

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 11:55 PM

So then you are On Buttercups side ?:eek:

Scott D
8/15/2008, 02:52 PM
But why ruin it for others at the ceremony who had nothing to do with it, like the other medalists? I recall when our basketball team got screwed in the 72 Olympic finals, they just refused the medal and didn't show up for the ceremony and agreed in a pact to a person to never accept the silver. Nobody has to date.

He had to be coaxed into the bronze medal match, then again coaxed into showing up at the medal ceremony in the first place. He hadn't cooled down from being steamed about the previous decision, and seeing the guy who "beat" him on the stand accepting the gold medal made him snap.

So far to date in this olympics, only 1 favorite has advanced into the medal round in all of the weight classes combined. I think there are going to be a few more pissed off wrestlers by the time these games have finished.

Curly Bill
8/15/2008, 04:08 PM

I know what you're saying, but if I'd just won the gold medal why would I care if the bronze medalist threw his down and stormed off? If nothing else it'd just make the whole thing more memorable. ;)

olevetonahill
8/16/2008, 06:46 AM
Paul Harvey Version
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/wrestling/news?slug=ap-wre-medalstripped&prov=ap&type=lgns

GrapevineSooner
8/16/2008, 10:09 AM
There are the proper channels to go through in case you got legitimately screwed.

This guy obviously didn't go through them.

ouflak
8/16/2008, 05:58 PM
Medal stripped. (http://us.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/16/olympic.wrestler/index.html) And there's a decent chance he will be banned for life.

birddog
8/16/2008, 07:28 PM
Metal stripped. (http://us.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/16/olympic.wrestler/index.html) And there's a decent chance he will be banned for life.

metal? man, i knew those things looked cheap! :D

Scott D
8/16/2008, 10:36 PM
metal? man, i knew those things looked cheap! :D

in a book about Ali, he said his gold medal was gold coating another metal, and it ended up coming off not long after he returned home.