Colorado PM ET

***HERE"S My Pick --- Florida International 21 --- Kansas 18 ---:D

soonermix
8/14/2008, 04:23 PM
what is the spread on the games
because i am not sure if illinois is an upset over mizzou

badger
8/14/2008, 04:23 PM
Hmm... guaranteed-to-win picks in teh b0ld!!1!

Any UPSETS in the First Week...?

Take your Pick of the Following....

Thursday, August 28th
South Dakota State 8:00
Iowa State PM ET

Wake Forest 8:00
Baylor PM ET

Saturday, August 30th
Florida Atlantic TBA
Texas

Oklahoma State 3:30
Washington State PM ET

Western Michigan 7:00
Nebraska PM ET

Chattanooga 7:00
Oklahoma PM ET

Arkansas State 7:00
Texas A&M PM ET

Florida International 7:00
Kansas PM ET

Eastern Washington 7:00
Texas Tech PM ET

North Texas 7:05
Kansas State PM ET

Illinois 8:30
Missouri PM ET

Sunday, August 31st
Colorado State 7:30
Colorado PM ET

Are any of those upsets :confused:

OU_Sooners75
8/14/2008, 04:25 PM

Thursday, August 28th
Iowa State PM ET

Baylor PM ET

Saturday, August 30th
Florida Atlantic TBA
Texas

Washington State PM ET

Nebraska PM ET

Oklahoma PM ET

Texas A&M PM ET

Kansas PM ET

Texas Tech PM ET

Kansas State PM ET

Missouri PM ET

Sunday, August 31st
Colorado PM ET

My Picks are in Bold. Going off of straight up picks.

JLEW1818
8/14/2008, 04:28 PM
I think a game nobody is giving any attention to is Usc @ Virgina.

OU_Sooners75
8/14/2008, 04:31 PM
I think a game nobody is giving any attention to is Usc @ Virgina.

The games listed in this thread are big 12.

But okay, so USC spanks UVA by 20+. Not much of an upset.

Now Illinois beating Missouri, that will be a heck of an upset.

JLEW1818
8/14/2008, 04:36 PM
I think USC will have more trouble then people think.

illinisooner
8/14/2008, 04:36 PM
what is the spread on the games
because i am not sure if illinois is an upset over mizzou

Illinois over Mizzou would be an Appalachain St over Michigan type upset according to ESPN, since they have been hyping them and the Booger all year long.

setem
8/14/2008, 04:37 PM
I don't think Illinois is a Upset at all. Illinois was a BCS team last season and Mizzou was not! I know they got spanked but the Juice is gonna run all over them tiggers!

Chasey poo is going get his *** rocked!

I wouldnt mind seing UVA whoop USC. Colorado is going to be improved this year so if CSU wins that is pretty damn big.

We need everyone on our schedule to being winning when we face them so lets root them bastages on sept the short horns even though we need them to be looking good.

JLEW1818
8/14/2008, 04:42 PM
The average spread as of now, is Missouri by 8. (over ill)

SoonerRecon
8/14/2008, 04:42 PM
its not on your pick em list, but Utah will beat Michigan (straight up) and i think FAU will cover against tx too.

OU-HSV
8/14/2008, 06:59 PM
If Illinois ends up being the underdog, I'm picking them over Mizzou

Sabanball
8/14/2008, 07:15 PM
It's not on the list, but, wearing my crimson-colored glasses, here's my upset pick for the first week:

Bama 24
Clemson 13

We're not ranked in most top 25 preseason polls, and Clemson is in most top 10 lists that I have seen, so I definitely think it would qualify as an upset if we win in the Georgia Dome on opening day. And it definitely would in Vegas--A lot of money on this game has been moving toward us, so the line has shrunk from Clemson by a touchdown now to about 5 pts I think....

RTR
Boomer Sooner

Sabanball
8/14/2008, 07:27 PM

Thursday, August 28th
Iowa State PM ET

Baylor PM ET

Saturday, August 30th
Florida Atlantic TBA
Texas

Washington State PM ET

Nebraska PM ET

Oklahoma PM ET

Texas A&M PM ET

Kansas PM ET

Texas Tech PM ET

Kansas State PM ET

Missouri PM ET

Sunday, August 31st
Colorado PM ET

Wake should beat Baylor, but I'm not sure that would be an upset.

pappy
8/14/2008, 07:54 PM
Most people (media wise) would consider baylor over wake forest an upset. that being said I think baylor is the only big 12 school that loses week 1. Illinois is gonna give missouri all they want but I think missouri wins a close one. FAU hangs with saxet for about 3 quarters. everyone else in the big 12 should cruise.

AlbqSooner
8/14/2008, 08:00 PM
Colorado State covers well against Colorado. Take the points. Don't expect them to win, but they historically cover.

goingoneight
8/14/2008, 08:19 PM
Appy State over LSU. :D

royalfan5
8/14/2008, 08:54 PM
Western Michigan over Nebraska. They have 20 of 22 starters back, an All-Conference QB, Irving Fryar's son, and ex-Husker QB Mike Grant on staff. NU is has been so busy patting itself on the back for returning to tradition that they are going to get stunned by a seasoned scrappy team in the opener.

goingoneight
8/14/2008, 09:28 PM
Washington State gets their 2-10 dream season off to an impressive 1-0 start. :D

Sabanball
8/14/2008, 09:50 PM
Appy State over LSU. :D

Before anyone laughs, remember what happened in Ann Arbor last year. Appy ain't no pushover and no one can just 'mail it in' on them....

Sabanball
8/14/2008, 09:54 PM
Western Michigan over Nebraska. They have 20 of 22 starters back, an All-Conference QB, Irving Fryar's son, and ex-Husker QB Mike Grant on staff. NU is has been so busy patting itself on the back for returning to tradition that they are going to get stunned by a seasoned scrappy team in the opener.

Ain't gonna happen.

arcman46
8/14/2008, 11:25 PM
its not on your pick em list, but Utah will beat Michigan (straight up) and i think FAU will cover against tx too.

I don't think Utah beating Michigan would be an upset. The Utes return almost all their team from last year, that won like 6 of their last 7 games, and Michigan is learning a new system and doesn't yet have the players to run it to perfection.

sooner59
8/14/2008, 11:31 PM
Wake and Baylor is a question mark, but im guessing Wake. I will not be surprised at all with a Illinois win or MU. LSU will destroy Apply without their QB.

OUstud
8/15/2008, 01:35 AM

Thursday, August 28th
Iowa State PM ET

Nope. ISU 35-7. They're lucky it's not ND State though.

Baylor PM ET

WF 27-17. BU never seriously threatens though.

Saturday, August 30th
Florida Atlantic TBA
Texas

Texas 63-10. Howard Wild Turkeys the night away postgame.

Washington State PM ET

OSU 41-24. Aggy fans make reservations for Kansas City cause they finally won on the road non conference.

Nebraska PM ET

NU 34-14. Good start for their Stoops.

Oklahoma PM ET

OU 49-0. Nothing too flashy.

Texas A&M PM ET

ASU 31-28. "Wait, are Sherman and Franchione the same person?"

Kansas PM ET

KU 56-14. Whatever.

Texas Tech PM ET

TTU 70-7. Again, whatever.

Kansas State PM ET

KSU 45-21. Wildcats aided by 7 interceptions.

Missouri PM ET

Mizzou 41-31. Another good game in St. Louis.

Sunday, August 31st
Colorado PM ET

CU 30-27. Always close for some reason.

Also like to add Utah over Michigan and Ryan Perriloux's Jacksonville St. over GT.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 05:57 AM
The games listed in this thread are big 12.

But okay, so USC spanks UVA by 20+. Not much of an upset.

Now Illinois beating Missouri, that will be a heck of an upset.

The Games Blues Listed are Big 12
But the question was UPSETS the 1st week

Pay tention :rolleyes:

Jacie
8/15/2008, 06:24 AM
Who forgot to tell badger, Okie State is never a guarantee to win in a football game. I think he just hexed his whole list.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 06:40 AM
Who forgot to tell badger, Okie State is never a guarantee to win in a football game. I think he just hexed his whole list.

BAJ here that you suck as a Man :D

TexasLidig8r
8/15/2008, 08:16 AM
Chattanooga choo choos over OU... 21 - 20 ...

ok .. I keed...

Look for the Injuns of Arkie State to upset the fightin' Sheep Humpers of aggy.. aggy breaks in a completely new offensive line... a new offensive system going from the option to a pro style offense with a quarterback who hasn't played a pro style offense since high school...new coaching staff... lost their best defensive players...

Arkie State.... 21
aggy.... 17

Illinois will be proven to be a fraud. They had no business being in a BCS bowl last year (and only went to the Rose Bowl because of the RB Committee's fellating a Big 10 - Pac 10 match up).. they lost their stud running back....

SoonerRecon
8/15/2008, 12:00 PM
I don't think Utah beating Michigan would be an upset. The Utes return almost all their team from last year, that won like 6 of their last 7 games, and Michigan is learning a new system and doesn't yet have the players to run it to perfection.

big blue is favored by 3.5, but only because they are at home. could be a long year for the wolverines, depends on the learning curve.

soonerfan28
8/15/2008, 12:12 PM
I think that Virginia will give USC a helluva a game. If it was at USC then I would say a big win, but with Sanchez out then it's going to be closer then people think. I think Illinois can beat Mizzou, but I thought I heard yesterday that they had a DL out for the season with an injury. I think if Illinois is to win then they can't have any injuries.

OUTrumpet
8/15/2008, 12:30 PM
Washington State PM ET

How can either side of this be considered an upset? Both teams are bad.

And as for upsets, I think Florida's first real game (Miami on the 6th) might be tough with as many injuries as they're having in fall camp, and then USC might have their hands full with Virginia with as many distractions and problems they've had.

ags1222
8/15/2008, 01:46 PM
Look for the Injuns of Arkie State to upset the fightin' Sheep Humpers of aggy.. aggy breaks in a completely new offensive line... a new offensive system going from the option to a pro style offense with a quarterback who hasn't played a pro style offense since high school...new coaching staff... lost their best defensive players...

Arkie State.... 21
aggy.... 17

You should probably go look at the game on T+1 last year if you think McGee can't run a pro-style offense. I promise you it wasn't an option attack that racked up over 350 yards through the air against the vaunted secondary of the whorns.

LSUdeek
8/15/2008, 01:50 PM
Before anyone laughs, remember what happened in Ann Arbor last year. Appy ain't no pushover and no one can just 'mail it in' on them....

Fortunately, LSU is well aware of this fact, having previously played ASU at home in 2005.

JLEW1818
8/15/2008, 06:19 PM
I think that Virginia will give USC a helluva a game. If it was at USC then I would say a big win, but with Sanchez out then it's going to be closer then people think. I think Illinois can beat Mizzou, but I thought I heard yesterday that they had a DL out for the season with an injury. I think if Illinois is to win then they can't have any injuries.

I'll be putting big bucks on Virgina as far as the spread goes, last time i checked it was usc by 20

TexasLidig8r
9/1/2008, 06:03 PM

Arkie State.... 21
aggy.... 17

TexLid... SUPER GENIUS... including.. getting the point differential exactly correct!

Super Genius!

:D

badger
9/1/2008, 06:09 PM
TexLid... SUPER GENIUS... including.. getting the point differential exactly correct!

Super Genius!

:D

:rolleyes:

2 percenter. You probably didn't even UNCOVER when the aggies did their little yells at the games. ;)

TexasLidig8r
9/1/2008, 06:43 PM
You know Badj... I am not registered on texags... would never think of posting there as I do on here.. do not respect their team or history.. and yet.. it was pure comedy gold watching that site go into complete melt down!

pure gold

badger
9/1/2008, 07:10 PM
You know Badj... I am not registered on texags... would never think of posting there as I do on here.. do not respect their team or history.. and yet.. it was pure comedy gold watching that site go into complete melt down!

pure gold

they have finally realized what we both realized... well, always :D

still on for october, then?

Charla
9/1/2008, 07:10 PM
Lid tell me it's not true . I think I'm starting to like a horn.