PDA

View Full Version : The more I hear the talking heads gush over Daniels

achiro
8/14/2008, 10:47 AM
The more I am convinced he could have 4 losses, throw 47 picks and still get the heisman. Of course, thats only if Teebow threw 48 picks. Or maybe those two could just share it. They should just give it to them now so we don't have to listen to the BS hype all season long.

soonersn20xx
8/14/2008, 10:54 AM
I'm assuming you are mostly referring to ESPN, they were so in the tank for Tebow last year. I suppose I am expecting neutral and objective reporting from a sports channel, but they behave more like political surrogates in trying to get their fav the trophy.

King Crimson
8/14/2008, 10:58 AM
i think Daniel is pretty good and MU's schedule sets up for them to make a run.

ESPN picks a set of "regional" teams or players and hammers them into the ground. that how they do. it's demographics and ratings.

SoonerLB
8/14/2008, 11:26 AM
Here's my take on the subject.......Daniel plays for Missouri, which is the one team from the Big 12 that geographically speaking, is close to Big 10 country, and we all know that ESPN adores and idolizes the Big 10, so Booger boy gets some fringe love because he is in the vicinity. That is all. :D

Boomer Mooner
8/14/2008, 12:53 PM
I hope they go undefeated so we can kick their *** again for the Big 12 Championship. My favorite part of the "Daniels Legend" is the big wake up call at the end of the season.

Blitzkrieg
8/14/2008, 03:18 PM
If they get by Illinois the first game they have a great shot at being undefeated. I think they beat Texas in Autism. The rest of the north is a cakewalk.

I am the minority but if Daniel had been a sooner we'd be an unstoppable machine on offense. No knock on Sam, he'd be a great backup and be ready to step into the starting role next year.

BillyBall
8/14/2008, 03:37 PM
I'm really glad Daniels isn't a Sooner, he comes off as a total prick.

Animal Mother
8/14/2008, 03:53 PM
I'm really glad Daniels isn't a Sooner, he is a total prick.

FUUUIIIXED

NormanPride
8/14/2008, 04:03 PM
One thing ESPN does is gush, but one thing they don't is stick with who they're pimping when the chips are down.

Civicus_Sooner
8/14/2008, 04:09 PM
I think Illinois beats them in week one and we'll stop hearing it sooner than later.

JLEW1818
8/14/2008, 04:21 PM
They are going to have a hard time winning in Austin, I think.

JLEW1818
8/14/2008, 04:25 PM
Also I don't think they are going to be able to handle the pressure of being a top 6 team. I think they will choke this season. How many times has Missouri ever been good? once.
Its just so funny how many people jump on the Missouri bandwagon fan club. They lost to Iowa state two years ago for crying out loud. They will lose a surprise game this year, just like we lost to Colorado last year.

OU_Sooners75
8/14/2008, 04:27 PM
Let the talking heads salivate over Booger.

The true fan knows just how good he is.

I am not saying he is not a good QB. But the kid is overrated and has yet to prove he can win the big games. So unless he does, let them talk all they want. They will be the ones back peddaling when the first weekend of December shows up.

swardboy
8/14/2008, 07:57 PM
I'm really glad Daniels isn't a Sooner, he comes off as a total prick.

Oh come on now, you know we'd call it "swagger".....:D

Booger impresses me as being just a few buffets away from rotund.....

goingoneight
8/14/2008, 08:51 PM
If they get by Illinois the first game they have a great shot at being undefeated. I think they beat Texas in Autism. The rest of the north is a cakewalk.

I am the minority but if Daniel had been a sooner we'd be an unstoppable machine on offense. No knock on Sam, he'd be a great backup and be ready to step into the starting role next year.

I don't buy into this... no offense to you, of course.

Chase Daniel runs Missouri's offense well, but look at last year's big wins.

Illini had to lose their starting QB to lose that game.
No Texas.
Tech at home.
Crappy Nebraska team... maybe the worst "blackshirts" even 70-year old people have ever seen.
aTm at home (remember they lost in Collie Station before, so environment does play into this argument)
Needed three OU turnovers to stay within 10 points of Oklahoma, and proceeded to get pounded by three scores in round two against a generous Bob Stoops in the Title (it could have been way worse for them).
Played an R-Kansas team that flat-out gave up on the season. Big difference between Arkie and WVU's attitudes regarding the post-season in light of absent coaches.

That's a lot of breaks for someone people are salivating over. I know people said we had a lot of breaks in 2000, but Stoops has proven over time that he's no one trick pony. Averaging 11 wins per season, dominating the conference, his high water mark isn't one lucky season. We'll see if Gary Pinkel has really turned the corner by following up last seasons success with some continuity.

Teams that don't fold on either side of the ball will beat them. See: OU. Offense moves the chains, protects the ball... defense reads them like an open book = Missouri is as Missouri does.

JLEW1818
8/15/2008, 02:10 AM
I don't buy into this... no offense to you, of course.

Chase Daniel runs Missouri's offense well, but look at last year's big wins.

Illini had to lose their starting QB to lose that game.
No Texas.
Tech at home.
Crappy Nebraska team... maybe the worst "blackshirts" even 70-year old people have ever seen.
aTm at home (remember they lost in Collie Station before, so environment does play into this argument)
Needed three OU turnovers to stay within 10 points of Oklahoma, and proceeded to get pounded by three scores in round two against a generous Bob Stoops in the Title (it could have been way worse for them).
Played an R-Kansas team that flat-out gave up on the season. Big difference between Arkie and WVU's attitudes regarding the post-season in light of absent coaches.

That's a lot of breaks for someone people are salivating over. I know people said we had a lot of breaks in 2000, but Stoops has proven over time that he's no one trick pony. Averaging 11 wins per season, dominating the conference, his high water mark isn't one lucky season. We'll see if Gary Pinkel has really turned the corner by following up last seasons success with some continuity.

Teams that don't fold on either side of the ball will beat them. See: OU. Offense moves the chains, protects the ball... defense reads them like an open book = Missouri is as Missouri does.

I agree with you. They will lose to Texas I think, and some other random team in the north, maybe a game against Nebraska, idk. They are not a franchise, there not even a team, they have done absolutely nothing in the Big 12. Case closed.

OU_Sooners75
8/15/2008, 03:32 AM
I said it before I will say it again.

2007 was the best season in the history of Missouri Football. To have a better season Missouri will have to run the table and win teh national champinship. And we all know how hard that is in the big 12.

Missouri will most likely start the season 0-1 and like Michigan last year, the Media will back peddal and make excuses about why they were hyping Daniel and Misery so much.

Look for Misery to lose more than just that game....

Other tough games for Missouri:
@ Nebraska (How long has it been since they have won there? 30 years ago, 1978) Nebraska will be a better defensive team this year.
vs. Okie Lite (Okie Lite should give everyone a run for their money. This will be tough for Misery).
@ Texas (Texas may have a rebuilding year coming, but Misery loses this game)
vs. Colorado (Yes this one will be tough. CU is going to be very tough this season, if Scott is in the lineup, look for CU to control the tempo of the game with a great rushing attack, which will kill Misery)
vs. Kansas in KC. (KU will get redeemption).

Now this is not including if they make the Big 12 title game. If they do that is a guaranteed loss.

I think missouri is a good football team, they return quite a bit from last year, look for about 2-3 losses on the season before the CCG and Bowl games.

With all that said, the only way Booger wins the Heisman this year is if he has a Tebow type season. Which will double his scoring from last year.

Booger, there is a fine line between confidence and being conceeded. You sir are conceeded and remind me of Cedric "I would rather win a Heisman than a Championship" Benson.

JLEW1818
8/15/2008, 11:33 AM
I said it before I will say it again.

2007 was the best season in the history of Missouri Football. To have a better season Missouri will have to run the table and win teh national champinship. And we all know how hard that is in the big 12.

Missouri will most likely start the season 0-1 and like Michigan last year, the Media will back peddal and make excuses about why they were hyping Daniel and Misery so much.

Look for Misery to lose more than just that game....

Other tough games for Missouri:
@ Nebraska (How long has it been since they have won there? 30 years ago, 1978) Nebraska will be a better defensive team this year.
vs. Okie Lite (Okie Lite should give everyone a run for their money. This will be tough for Misery).
@ Texas (Texas may have a rebuilding year coming, but Misery loses this game)
vs. Colorado (Yes this one will be tough. CU is going to be very tough this season, if Scott is in the lineup, look for CU to control the tempo of the game with a great rushing attack, which will kill Misery)
vs. Kansas in KC. (KU will get redeemption).

Now this is not including if they make the Big 12 title game. If they do that is a guaranteed loss.

I think missouri is a good football team, they return quite a bit from last year, look for about 2-3 losses on the season before the CCG and Bowl games.

With all that said, the only way Booger wins the Heisman this year is if he has a Tebow type season. Which will double his scoring from last year.

Booger, there is a fine line between confidence and being conceeded. You sir are conceeded and remind me of Cedric "I would rather win a Heisman than a Championship" Benson.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

soonerfan28
8/15/2008, 12:06 PM
Did anybody see the guy on College Gameday yesterday say that Mizzou was his #1. What an idiot. I'm not so sure that Daniel would be the starter over Bradford if he was at OU. They have been average at best under Pinkel. Why all of sudden are people saying how great they are going to be? Mizzou will not be able to surprise anybody this year. Everybody know that Maclin is the go to guy and yes I know that they have Coffman, but he's had no pressure on him in the past with Rucker there. They have replace the left tackle and center. Those are pretty important positions when you go against a team with depth at DL and LB and they are going to fall down the stretch. They face very few injuries last year much like us in 2000 (with the exception of Temple) with a few key injuries they could easily lose 4 or 5 games. They are a fluke until they win consistently.

JLEW1818
8/15/2008, 12:09 PM
Ya I seen that idiot pick them at number one. Basically there are just a bunch of bandwagon fans/reporters, after one good season people start thinking they are God.

yermom
8/15/2008, 12:20 PM
i'll maybe take them winning @Nebraksa, but @Texas?

Illinois and Kansas are not going to be easy games either

other than that, they look to have pretty easy road

Chase is good, but he's not Bradford good.

the media was pimping Florida and Tebow last year since they were returning national champs, then he went crazy with stats, and everyone lost multiple games. i think Chase was above Sam because he was on a higher ranked team.

if we win out, and Bradford's stats are what they were last year, he'll be in New York. that's a lot of ifs though