PDA

View Full Version : How many Sooners have you known personally?

stoopified
8/14/2008, 09:31 AM
By this I mean Sooners that you have played with or aginst or have known socially.For me my list is largely made up of players who were non-factors at OU

.Tony Antone was an all-state QB from my neighborhood in Lawton,played in pickup games with him.He lettered at OU,mostly on special teams.

Miquel Samuels was a RB/DB from Lawton that either failed to qualify at OU or flunked out(I don't recall which) played football with him in grade school.

Kevin Ormand was a hs teammate fron Ponca City,6'7 OL .He never made it above scout team(to my knowledge)and has been a local police officer for last 25 years.

Tink Collins Ponca City QB/DB.Played church league softball against him.He started a few games at QB for OU and also lettered at WR.

Wish I could say I knew some All-Americans but no such luck.

badger
8/14/2008, 09:34 AM
I had players in classes. It was fun to see who would actually show up and be studious. Paul Thompson was definitely earning his degree when he was in my class.

sooner518
8/14/2008, 09:58 AM
had classes with some of them. Was in a semester-long group with Lance Donley and Wes Sims. Donley was definitely very smart and hard-working. Sims.....I guess I can give him credit for trying :D

manida
8/14/2008, 10:00 AM
Im from Ponca, when I was a kid Tink Collins was my idol....so was Meech Shaw (he went to UCLA after High School)

Tink did have that ONE amazing game (to me) back in 1989---I was 12 then.
Anyone know what Im referring to? I actually dont remember too well.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/14/2008, 10:01 AM
Jamelle Holieway-talked to him in McDonalds a week or so ago...used to be my neighbor..glad I moved..

Jermaine Fazande-good guy..Met him when he was with San Diego..haven't talked to him in a while

Josh Norman-good dude...Dude can put away some pizza..great piano player and a good speaker for kids

Mad Dog Madsen
8/14/2008, 10:09 AM
My younger brother back home in The Great State is very good friends with Ronnell Lewis. I also knew Tony Casillas mother. Very nice lady.

humblesooner
8/14/2008, 10:19 AM
Well, I guess I'll show my age a little.

Randy Hughes' mother was my 9th grade Speech teacher.
My wife used to work with Tony Tillman (Spencer's brother) in Tulsa.

I guess I don't really qualify as knowing them personally, but in both cases, I am only one person removed. :D

My wife knowing Tony has given us a little one-on-one time with Spencer when he comes to the Cravans in Houston.

My daughter went to HS with Wil Peoples. This also gave us a couple of minutes of one-on-one with him at the Baylor game a few years back.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/14/2008, 10:24 AM
O yeah and I made eye contact with AD once. It felt pretty personal to me... :D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/14/2008, 10:29 AM
Bob Stoops text messages me every day

TheHumanAlphabet
8/14/2008, 10:36 AM
I drank copious amounts of beer with Don Key back in the day...

MrJimBeam
8/14/2008, 10:47 AM
All the Bookouts
All the Burgets
Seth Luttrell.

DrZaius
8/14/2008, 11:00 AM
zero....

stoops the eternal pimp
8/14/2008, 11:04 AM
Bud Wilkerson talks to me while I sleep

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 11:23 AM
The King and I sometimes Hang out and drink Beer :D

virginiasooner
8/14/2008, 11:27 AM
Kelly Phelps.

PIRATES RULE!!!

HateTheWhorns
8/14/2008, 12:00 PM
I spent four Summers interning at a Dallas area company and worked with several Sooners:

Thomas Lott - he came to work with us after a brief stint with the St. Louis Cardinals. My first day of work, I was assigned a desk and immediately to my left sat Thomas. Needless to say I was blown away. He was a great guy, but only stayed with us one summer before moving over to a sales position at General Mills.

Brian Bosworth - he worked with me during the Summer after his redshirt Freshman season. He spent most of his time hanging out with is high school sweetheart who was conveniently employed (as a mail runner) at one of our other locations. She would make one run a day (to our building) and then hang out in Brian's cube the rest of the day. Brian struck me as a smart, cocky guy, but he definitely was not one of our harder workers.

Michael Keeling - he had an accounting degree from OU and worked in the accounting department. Good guy and very bright.

Terry Crouch - this was during Terry's final two years at OU and his brief stint with the Baltimore Colts (under the dictatorship of Frank Kush). My father recruited Terry out of Skyline and we were good friends for several years.

Jerry Sanders - My father recruited Jerry out of S. Garland to play at OU and we remained friends for many years. Jerry ended up working at this company for nearly 20 years. What an awesome guy.

Jimbo Elrod - Worked together one summer and did not get to know him very well. Seemed like a nice guy and hard worker.

Steve Rhodes - worked in HR and was a real fun guy to work with.

Evan Gatewood - classy guy and very bright. Worked with him one summer. Also played against Evan in high school as we were in the same district.

Glen Sullivan - worked with Glen a couple of summers. This was during his stint as an OU QB and baseball player. Great guy.

Earl Johnson - worked with Earl for one or two summers. This was around the time that he had his knee injury that brought his promising career to a halt.

My company softball team one summer consisted of Jerry Sanders (3B), Steve Rhodes (SS), Thomas Lott (2B), and Wade Wilson (OF) - Vikings QB. What a blast that was.

I also grew up competing against:

Kevin Murphy - I competed against Kevin from 7th - 12th grade in pole vaulting, basketball, and football. He was a stud.

Butch Fifield - we were opposing QBs in the same district so I only knew Butch as a competitor.

One summer I worked at the OU basketball camp and became friends with Bo Overton. The highlight was hitting the town one evening with him, George Cumby, and Al Beal.

This topic brings back a lot of fun memories.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/14/2008, 12:08 PM
Rick Bryan..Our pastor's cousin...I did a funeral for his family

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 12:14 PM
Rick Bryan..Our pastor's cousin...I did a funeral for his family

Speakin Of , Are you savin up My Bull**** stories fer when Ya help Plant me ?:D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/14/2008, 12:15 PM
You betcha......I m gonna list computer troubleshooter as one of your jobs

tommieharris91
8/14/2008, 12:18 PM
I know Leon Cross really well. I've been to a few basketball and baseball games with him. I've also met Carl Pendleton after he finished his last class. I've met Sam Bradford at a restaurant once. I've met Marcus Walker as well.

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 12:18 PM
You betcha......I m gonna list computer troubleshooter as one of your jobs

By Gawd , :D

OUmillenium
8/14/2008, 12:20 PM
Weatherford guys...
Lance Donley, Wes Sims, Russell Dennison

Jenks...
Chase Beeler, Bobby Klink

Others...
Glenn Sullivan
Bill Watts
Jack Porter
Tanner Reynolds (cousin)

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 12:27 PM
I know Leon Cross really well. I've been to a few basketball and baseball games with him. I've also met Carl Pendleton after he finished his last class. I've met Sam Bradford at a restaurant once. I've met Marcus Walker as well.

Well Ive Met , Jim Beam , Johhny Walker , And Jack Daniels,
so there :P

NCSooner18
8/14/2008, 12:46 PM
By this I mean Sooners that you have played with or aginst or have known socially.For me my list is largely made up of players who were non-factors at OU

.Tony Antone was an all-state QB from my neighborhood in Lawton,played in pickup games with him.He lettered at OU,mostly on special teams.

Miquel Samuels was a RB/DB from Lawton that either failed to qualify at OU or flunked out(I don't recall which) played football with him in grade school.

Kevin Ormand was a hs teammate fron Ponca City,6'7 OL .He never made it above scout team(to my knowledge)and has been a local police officer for last 25 years.

Tink Collins Ponca City QB/DB.Played church league softball against him.He started a few games at QB for OU and also lettered at WR.

Wish I could say I knew some All-Americans but no such luck.

I used to hang with and play bball at 12th ave. rec center with Miguel. Story I got was he had to quit do to shoulder problems. I do remember a pretty nasty scar.

snp
8/14/2008, 01:27 PM
I got to know a bunch of players when I worked at Sooner Legends. Malcolm, Nic Harris, Duke, Loadholdt, Halzle, JJF, etc. Lots of the girls on the basketball team worked there as well. All You Can Eat Catfish Night with the OL was pretty awesome to watch.

Gute saved me from getting beat up by JD Quinn.

Jamaal Brown used to live a couple houses down and he'd use my printer when he was back in town finishing his degree.

Good friends with Anthony Kim. Partied with Bookout a bunch. Know a ton of guys from the golf, hockey and wrestling teams.

soonermix
8/14/2008, 01:31 PM
played high school football against jason white

my dad knows switzer pretty well

StoopTroup
8/14/2008, 01:41 PM
I've got a big picture of Sheri on the ceiling....

I feel I've gotten to know her pretty good....

Sometimes we just talk for hours. :D

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/14/2008, 02:21 PM
I walked up the stairs in the Union behind AD once when I was in school. His calf muscles were frightening.

Boomer.....
8/14/2008, 02:41 PM
P-Fletch. I have met and hung out with a bunch of others but he is the only one I really know.

The Maestro
8/14/2008, 02:42 PM
Went to high school with Terron Manning. My sister was the godmother of his baby since she played high school hoops with Terron's wife. Great guy.

Taylor Tubbs and I...well...I swore I would never tell.

I played a round of golf with Cale Gundy in Shawnee when he was recruiting Seymore Shaw. I set the whole thing up and felt partially responsible for Seymore signing with OU. What happened after that = not my fault.

Had a fake interview with Jamelle on the radio once(long story) and have interviewed numerous Sooners, including Switz, Joe Washington, Greg Pruitt, and CT.

Sat next to Terry Evans in a business class way back when. Dude totally predicted the night he went off in Stillwater...had class with him earlier that day and he called it. Of course, he predicted it before every game, but he was a great guy. Trey Tippens used to sleep next to me while I was taking notes in Business Law at OU. And the infamous Keke Hicks dropped out of my Intro to Communications class. Too hard, I guess.

BoomerJack
8/14/2008, 02:54 PM
I attended OU from Sept. 1968 thru Dec. 1972. Was in a lot of classes in the Business school with a lot of jocks. Too many to name. I was involved in class projects with two: in a management class with Ray Hamilton and another for a marketing class with Steve Shotts, younger sibling of Ron Shotts.

My late father and Daryl Emmert's father worked together at Amer. Airl. in Tulsa. I finally met Daryl a few years ago at a OU Club of Houston function.

I also met Spencer Tillman at a health club in Houston a few years ago.

OUFan22
8/14/2008, 03:00 PM
I am friends with and played high school football and baseball with Bob Latham. He is a fantastic individual. His whole family is wonderful. He was probably a better catcher than he was a center.

humblesooner
8/14/2008, 03:03 PM
The mention of Taylor Tubbs above reminded me of Tommy Tubbs.
When Billy went to TCU, they had a nepotism policy that did not allow him to take Tommy with him.
For a short period of time, Tommy worked for an oilfield related company in Houston. A salesman friend of mine here in Houston hooked us up for lunch a few times. It was really cool listening to some of the stories Tommy had to tell about his dad and Barry. He told me the recruiting story of one Dennis Rodman.
Tommy was an extremely friendly and cordial guy. Of course, we were all Sooner fans, so that may have helped.

C&CDean
8/14/2008, 03:11 PM
I had a class with Derrick Sheppard at the OCCE about 6 months before he died.

I've drank more beer with Uwe Von Schamman than most of you people have ever drank in your life. Except Vet.

I've known JT Thatcher since he was in grade school. He used to come to our New Years Eve parties. His mom was also one of my kids' teacher at Irving I think.

The King knows me by sight, and we've had many conversations and drinks, but I doubt he'd be able to say "you're Dean." So I guess I don't know him that well.

I've had the opportunity to hob nob with a buttload of Sooners (too many to mention really) with my former gig as conference manager where I work now. Just a few include: Stoops, Roy Williams, Heupel, Dusty, Derrick Straight, AD, Q, Mark Clayton, Jason White, and on and on. Some of the oldtimers include Joe Washington, Steve Owens, Boz, Jimbo, Casillas, Bryant, Spencer, and many more.

One thing I've learned. They all got skidmarks in their britches just like you and me.

Animal Mother
8/14/2008, 03:46 PM
Im from Ponca, when I was a kid Tink Collins was my idol....so was Meech Shaw (he went to UCLA after High School)

Tink did have that ONE amazing game (to me) back in 1989---I was 12 then.
Anyone know what Im referring to? I actually dont remember too well.

I'm from Zonka. Was it the Iowa Sate game with the onside kick returned for a TD by OU? We won 43-40. Eric Bross had a big game at wideout if I remember correctly.
I played intramural basketball against Dean Blevins and Scott Hill. VERY bad experience. VERY poor sports. Played against George Cumby and Zac Henderson. VERY good sportsmanship. I took a charge from Cumby. VERY bad idea. He helped me up and I just remember my ears ringing all the way back to my apartment on Jenkins. It was a little scary to see a huge person move that quickly.
I played basketball against Meech Shaw. He was athletic but didn’t have great touch but he could JAM IT!!

Mad Dog Madsen
8/14/2008, 03:47 PM
Dean that's hilarious! LMAO!!!

MiccoMacey
8/14/2008, 04:19 PM
Dean,

Did you leave the post office gig?

illinisooner
8/14/2008, 04:41 PM
I've met a few on campus or at a bar/party, but the only ones I've known a little bit are Mo Dampeer and Keith Nichol. I played hockey against Mo back in the day (yes, seriously...he was a monster) and met Keith while waiting at the OKC airport. Keith was a really genuine guy, good kid, and I wish him the best at MSU.

BrockLanders
8/14/2008, 05:42 PM
I got dunked on by Torrence Marshall at the Huff....we shared a moment.

NCSooner18
8/14/2008, 06:04 PM
"Steve Shotts, younger sibling of Ron Shotts."

Forgot all about those 2 guys. Pretty embarrassing since they are my cousins. We are obviously very close. Anyone remember when Ron almost beat George Nigh for Governor?

cvsooner
8/14/2008, 06:05 PM
Had classes with Joe Washington, Jaime Melendez, Dean Blevins. Met Rod Shoate and George Cumby. Played in a church league touch football game against John Carroll. Played high school ball against J.C. Watts, Karl...a tackle from Okmulgee whose last name escapes me...something German....and Tony DiRienzo. Got AD's autograph (and Chris Brown's) in the Phoenix airport after the Fiesta Bowl (Bozo State game). Someone pointed out Zach Henderson to me once. Saw the three Selmons walking on campus a couple of times.

bluedogok
8/14/2008, 08:32 PM
Kelly Phelps.

PIRATES RULE!!!
I played golf with him a few times out at Hefner, he was a pretty nice guy, for a Pirate...I'm a Patriot here.

I had a class with Marcus Dupree, when he showed up and one with William Tisdale.

A few of us used to run around with Jerry Crafts, Mike Sawatzky and Chris Cabbiness a few other players that would drink with us.

jldsooner
8/14/2008, 09:08 PM
Duggan Forrest (OL on the 87 NC team) lives down the road from me. He's a nice guy. His kids go to school with my son and are over all the time.

goingoneight
8/14/2008, 09:14 PM
Blake and Jeff Ferguson... not too many people like Blake in these circles.
Brandon Jones... friends with my sister and bro-in-law.
Brian Zimpel... went to HS with him... that's all I'll say. Not a bad dude.
Quentin Chaney... no one enjoys being a Sooner and is trying harder than this guy to make an impact. Just sayin'... his familia is friends with mine. Next-door neighbor-types.

There might be more from back in the day, but I'd have to ask around the fam.

MichiganSooner
8/14/2008, 10:00 PM
Lendy Holmes at Lowe's of Norman.

sooner59
8/14/2008, 11:46 PM
I know D.J. Wolfe pretty well. He is really funny. He introduced me to Adrian Peterson and Rhett Bomar (I know, I know). I had class with J.D. Runnels (seemed like a nice guy) and Larry Birdine (Not to serious about that class). I worked out for a while with Dan Townsend, as well as playing against him in HS (Davis vs. Sulphur). Townsend was a beast in HS.

Jacie
8/15/2008, 06:58 AM
Tinker Owens was a frat brother.

Keith Thomas was a pledge at the same time as Tinker.

Hung out with Jaime Melendez one night at Donovan's Reef, a bar on the southeast side of Norman which was formerly the Wagon Wheel and ceased to exist under any name before I graduated.

Have met and chatted with Steve Davis (he showed a highlight reel at my youth group).

Met Steve "Dr. Death" Williams in the lobby of the Anatole Saturday night of the OU/saxet game.

Terry Peters came by my apartment a couple of times.

Brian Hall and a couple of other players lived in the condo next door to mine one summer.

OU4LIFE
8/15/2008, 07:25 AM
a few

manida
8/15/2008, 12:55 PM
BOZ is my co-pilot

stoopified
8/15/2008, 05:08 PM
Had classes with Joe Washington, Jaime Melendez, Dean Blevins. Met Rod Shoate and George Cumby. Played in a church league touch football game against John Carroll. Played high school ball against J.C. Watts, Karl...a tackle from Okmulgee whose last name escapes me...something German....and Tony DiRienzo. Got AD's autograph (and Chris Brown's) in the Phoenix airport after the Fiesta Bowl (Bozo State game). Someone pointed out Zach Henderson to me once. Saw the three Selmons walking on campus a couple of times.Baldishwiler?Not 100% sure on spelling but he played in NFL for Detroit.At least I think that is who you mean.

BTW I met Eddie Hinton in Lawton when I was in gradeschool.He came by to visit our principal who had been his favorite teacher when he was a kid.It was shortly after his Baltimore Colts had beaten the Dallas Cowboys 17-14 in THE SUPER BOWL.

He was asked about a deflected pass he caught for a TD.It was deflected off another Colt reciever and Eddie caught and ran it in.As I understand the rules(at least back then)a Dallas defender had to touch it before Hinton did or it was an illegal catch.The refs ruled a Cowboy did touch it so the TD counted.When asked whether a Dallas player touched it Eddie said:I don't know,I just caught the ball and ran.

I don't count Eddie because I am sure he has no idea who I am.

Jdog
8/15/2008, 09:09 PM
was in classes with a bunch of players - King, von Schuman, Taylor, Overstreet.....
Have a great memory of being on the field with 4 seconds to go in 79 Neb game talking with my chess buddy Darrell Irvin, and him telling me how he had gotten in George Cumby's way on the fumblerooski. watched the replay later that night and he was right, Cumby read the play and Darrel ran into him.

Bought a car from DiRienzo -

Overstreet and Irvin kept me from getting killed one night inside the Onion.

Me and a buddy were the only OU people at Joe's hall of fame induction.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/15/2008, 10:14 PM
Produced a radio commercial with Tinker Owens once, and after we were done I started talking to him about OU football afterwards. Grabbed a piece of typing paper quickly and asked him if he'd sign if for me since I had nothing better (I didn't know he was coming until I got to work that day). He said he'd do me one better, and asked for my address. The very next day, I get a full-sized envelope in the mail from Tinker Owens Insurance, and inside is a note, and a nice, glossy 8x10 of Tinker going about 6 feet in the air to grab a ball, with two clueless Texas DBs below him. Autographed, personalized, along with a very nice note. I think it's an absolutely wonderful example of what fine individuals most OU players are, past and (for the most part) present. Humble, respectful, and very gracious to the fans if approached in the right way.

pappy
8/15/2008, 11:22 PM
Ataleo Ford wr 2000-2005 never saw a lot of time but he was always at my house growing up cause he went to school with and is/was really good friends with my older brother. Cliff Tawkawana OL went to school with him too and my dad coached them both on my bro's flag football teams in 5th and 6th grade. I know Jermaine fairly well and me and another guy beat him and another guy in some 2 on 2 bball at the ymca when he was in highschool all of those guys went to ardmore where I'm from. I played juco bball at rose state with reggie smith's cousin when reggie was a sr so I've talked to him a few times.

opksooner
8/16/2008, 03:13 PM
I looked across the volleyball net up at North Base and there was Tom Catlin.

Also, had a Spanish class with Eddie Crowder. Nice guy, he'd always say hello on campus.

Me: "Hi, Eddie"

Eddie: "Hi, Jim"

....my name is Frank.

NYC Poke
8/16/2008, 03:20 PM
As a toddler, Tony Casillas used to eat dog food out the bowl on my mom's back porch. Must've been something pretty good for you in that dog food.

sOUnder
8/16/2008, 03:57 PM
My Mom's friend at OU had an interesting exchange with Joe Don Looney when he called her for a date...

Looney Toons: "Hi, this is Joe Don."

Mom's friend: "Joe Don who?"

Looney Toons: *click*

True story.

Geekboy
8/17/2008, 08:38 PM
Steve Williams

Soonerchaz
8/17/2008, 08:45 PM
Went to high school and played football with Carl and Chris Cabbiness. Also knew Caesar Rentie pretty well.

BudSooner
8/17/2008, 09:17 PM
Many years ago, I was looking at doing some temp to hire work before I got married and the man who interviewed me was Tony Casillas uncle(I think..its been too long ago)pretty cool guy, I had to ask because he had a freakin shrine to Tony and thats when he told me.

When I worked at the Reasors in Jenks, I met Kejuan Jones mom who lived behind the store off of Elm and 91st.
A buddy at work did a cable install at Jimbo Elrods not long ago...he didn't know who he was due to Jimbo's wifes name being the account holder, it then hit him when he was installing in a room that was filled with his team photos.
I almost knocked down Mike Leach at a store east of the stadium, I had to work there doing some fill in help and Leach came in for a few things...I didn't know who he was until seeing him on tv the next week.

The store manager there said Josh Heupel came in there frequently, he was doing some autographs at the Buy For Less in Norman the last day I worked there...and I didn't get a chance to get an autograph since we were so busy.

SoonerSinger3
8/17/2008, 11:35 PM
Kory Klein(2000-2003) started all four years when he was at OU at DT. He was my neighbor across the street for years. He was about 7 years older than me though. True story, one time he came over to play basketball with me and my brother and he dunked so hard(bare in mind it was 10 foot height too) he broke the entire pole outta the ground. He was a good guy. Good solid player.

dom franks graduated with me. had one class with him. pretty cool dude. seemed pretty humble

goingoneight
8/18/2008, 06:31 PM
One of you bastages better be friends with JaMarcus McFarland. :D

AimForCenterMass
8/18/2008, 09:23 PM
Football: My cousin, Collin Rosenberg, was an OLB from 1993-1996.

Baseball: Also, I played baseball with Denver Kitch, OU shortstop 2001-2003 and 2003 infielder, Kyle Bradbury.

olevetonahill
8/18/2008, 10:02 PM
Football: My cousin, Collin Rosenberg, was an OLB from 1993-1996.

Baseball: Also, I played baseball with Denver Kitch, OU shortstop 2001-2003 and 2003 infielder, Kyle Bradbury.

Play nice.

Watch Me Stride
8/18/2008, 10:06 PM
i mgtet adian pedteson at meete the sooenrs

sooneron
8/19/2008, 07:54 AM
I was good friends with Steve Owens. My psycho ex gf and I used to sit with their kids when Steve and Barbie would head outta town. Also used to have dinner over there once a week. Hung out with Tinker a bit too.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/19/2008, 08:50 AM
Stoopified-I used to babysit Tony Antone's daughter. Small world.

Jeff Frazier (92-95) and I went to HS together and I see him and his wife socially now.

Rick Uhles (on the 85 team not sure in what capacity) is a close friend with some close friends of my family

Jason Bronson and I used to go to the same church. His career ended early due to multiple concussions.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/19/2008, 08:51 AM
Oh and I worked on Jack Mildren's campaign for Governor, not sure if that counts.

Dan Thompson
8/19/2008, 06:26 PM
I met AD('05) and Tom Catlin ('52) once.

In the off season I like to get between the indoor practice field and the BS center and watch them all parade by. I have been in the indoor practice field as they all came out. I was quite impressed as they were did not have pads on, just t-shirts and shorts.

AimForCenterMass
8/19/2008, 09:34 PM
N/M

jdubb22bronco
8/20/2008, 07:52 AM
Steve Kunkle was on the 1974 and 1975 National Championship teams, he was my football coach from 1994-1999, then I promptly started dating his beautiful daughter in 2000....(as soon as he could no longer make me run)

jdubb22bronco
8/20/2008, 07:55 AM
I also met Barry Switzer at the 3A and 4A state track and field meet in 2002 I think it was, He was there watching Kevin Bookout of Stroud. We would always kick it at the track meets so Bookout introduced me. Doesn't mean I know him but I was certainly awe struck as I reached through the chain link fence to shake his hand.

OUDoc
8/20/2008, 08:32 AM
Went to high school with Terron Manning. My sister was the godmother of his baby since she played high school hoops with Terron's wife. Great guy.

I had a freshman level sociology class my senior year at OU (I apparently forgot to take it earlier) and we had to sit alphabetically :rolleyes: , so Terron sat next to me. He was a pretty nice guy too. He always came to class since my senior year was right after Switzer left. At that point hey had guys coming to check on the players and make sure they went to class.

Rick Uhles (on the 85 team not sure in what capacity) is a close friend with some close friends of my family

He was OL (he told me he felt strange as an OL when their running back [Marcus Dupree] was as big as he was). He was a drug rep here for years, really nice guy, got promoted so I don't see him much anymore.

Marcus Dupree's been to my parents house and I drove him to the OU/UCLA game a few years ago. He got me on the sidelines and introduced me to Stoops. It was pretty cool. My brother knows him from his Shreveport days.

OUFan22
8/20/2008, 11:59 AM
In addition to playing ball with Bob Latham in high school, I have met Troy Aikman during his redshirt freshman year. He and Bob were roommates and Bob brought him home to Claremore and they came to my house looking for my brother.

Soonrboy
8/20/2008, 03:41 PM
I was Gerald McCoy's teacher in 5th grade.

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 03:56 PM
Had thanksgiving dinner with Stoops ever since I was four.

OU_Sooners75
8/20/2008, 04:08 PM
Tink Collins
Kelly Gregg

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2008, 04:30 PM
Albert Hall
Doug Switzer
Cale Gundy (though I'm sure he'd have no idea who I am)
May have been involved with a fight that Brent DuQuasie was in. But I ain't sayin'.
I've bantered back and forth on a couple of message boards with Jeff Ferguson and the Panters, but I wouldn't say I know them.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/20/2008, 05:16 PM
Had thanksgiving dinner with Stoops ever since I was four.

Profile says you be 20...so this must include time at KSU and Florida. Explain.