PDA

View Full Version : Schnellenboozer throughs stones at texas...

Fraggle145
8/13/2008, 05:33 PM
http://upsports.blogspot.com/2008/08/confidence-high-as-owls-prepare-for.html

Sunday, August 10, 2008
Confidence High as Owls Prepare for Texas

As FAU prepares for its first real game since the New Orleans Bowl last Dec. 21, confidence is high that the Owls can go into Austin and give the Longhorns a tough game - not just on the scoreboard but in the trenches.

Coach Howard that old drunk is firm in his belief that the FAU defense, which often won the turnover battles last season, is even better and meaner in 2008.

that old drunk believes that a mean, tough defense can stifle a Texas offense that thrives on athleticism, not physicality. While it may be hard to fathom that a Sun Belt team is scheming to overpower a team from the BIG XII, that is the game plan that old drunk is sticking to - at least out loud.

"Once we step out on the field with Texas, the only ones who can help us is ourselves. Texas always has a very polished team that has great talent, but they aren’t tough, they aren’t a physically tough team."

FAU returns eight starters on defense, and that old drunk is counting on them as well as four experienced backups moving into starting roles to lay the wood on the Texas receivers.

"My defense will get to a point where they will be mean, nasty and ornery bastards and that’s what you need for Texas. Texas will move the ball with tit-for-tat, screens and options, but we’ll make them pay a price whenever they catch one of those dinky passes. We’ll put three hats on them and make them not want to get up, that’s the way to beat Texas."

Sounds like a plan to me.

I lolled. Not that I think that schnelly is necessarily wrong, I just think the whole thing is funny. Hook 'em

yermom
8/13/2008, 06:04 PM
"that old drunk"

lol

Jacie
8/13/2008, 07:35 PM
OK, I am not even torn on this one. I want to see the whorns beat the coach who was an embarrassment to OUr program.

King Crimson
8/13/2008, 07:57 PM
maybe he'll take a shot at Koy Detmer to throw the total yahtzee.

bluedogok
8/13/2008, 08:49 PM
You know, if FAU wins they will probably build on obelisk or something.....

Jason White's Third Knee
8/13/2008, 08:56 PM

...and then they'll change their fight song:

Daaannn DAAnnn DAANNNNN

DAAAAAANNNNNN DDDAAAAANNNNNN

BAAAAMMMM BOOOOMMMM BAAAAMMMMM BOOOOMMMM BAAAMMM BOOOOMMMM BAAAMMM BOOOOMMMMM

Yeah. I said it.

goingoneight
8/13/2008, 09:16 PM
Didn't FAU get 40-year-old-manwn3d last year in Stoolwater? :confused:

Fraggle145
8/13/2008, 10:48 PM
Heh. I just realized I suck at spelling the word throws... I'm dumb :O

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2008, 10:58 PM
I thought it was a clever intentional misspelling.

Then you had to screw it up. :cool:

Fraggle145
8/13/2008, 11:06 PM
My spelling has been hanging out with the Colonel.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/84/Harland_Sanders.jpg/150px-Harland_Sanders.jpg

utex74
8/13/2008, 11:38 PM
A poster down here suggested that the interview must have been after 3 pm and ol' Howard thought he was talking to his bartender. Setting aside what he said, which is more than our guys will do, how stupid do you have to be as a head coach to say this stuff to the press. This is for behind closed doors with his team. You can kind of understand a 18 yr old kid popping off to the press but the head coach? What an idiot.

That said, Fla. Atlantic was a decent team last year with a good quarterback. They should provide a decent barometer for our new secondary. It's a night game so they can tell Howard how it turned out the next day.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/14/2008, 12:58 AM
OK, I am not even torn on this one. I want to see the whorns beat the coach who was an embarrassment to OUr program.Whatever is best for keeping Mack at the whorns' helm.

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2008, 01:18 AM
Fu7sTSnRp3g

that never gets old...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/14/2008, 01:20 AM
OK, I am not even torn on this one. I want to see the whorns beat the coach who was an embarrassment to OUr program.

Me too, but now I have to go take a hot shower with lye soap.

RedstickSooner
8/14/2008, 08:30 AM

He was only an embarrassment to our program for one season.

The Whorns have been evil forever.

I vote FAU.

yermom
8/14/2008, 10:50 AM
yeah, the sheer embarrassment of it all if the wh0rns did lose to them would be hella sweet

it's bigger than who the coach of the other team is :D

Widescreen
8/14/2008, 11:17 AM
I hope Texas is tougher than I think because I don't want a damn asterisk when we beat their ***. -- Howard Schnellenberger

SoonerLB
8/14/2008, 11:32 AM
Heh. I just realized I suck at spelling the word throws... I'm dumb :O

Ah, you were just a little mixed up. He goes through bottles of booze, then throws things. :D

htownsooner7
8/14/2008, 12:57 PM
I would love to see FAU give them a game. While the Sun Belt is not great, it is getting better and FAU appears to be the clear favorite. FAU won the conference last year by winning at Troy and have the preseason offensive and defensive conference players of the year. They return a number of other key players.

If I had this type of team at FAU, I would keep my mouth shut and try and sneak up on the big boys. Schnellenberger might've just awoken the sleeping giant.

virginiasooner
8/14/2008, 04:06 PM
The comments on the Owl blog are fun. I despise the Horns as much as the next person, but those folks over there are delusional! And yeah, if FAU pulls it off, they'll be the Appy State of 2008.

Horns by 30 and their backfield is pulled by the middle of the third quarter.

Curly Bill
8/14/2008, 04:11 PM
He was only an embarrassment to our program for one season.

The Whorns have been evil forever.

I vote FAU.

No kidding, my hatred of all things whorns knows no bounds, and so I hope the whorns are ground up under the heel of Mr. Smellsofbourbon.

Curly Bill
8/14/2008, 04:17 PM
...and how can any Sooner fan root for the whorns against anyone?

If the whorns were playing the Central Kansas Child Molesters, I'd root for the pervs. :D

cheezyq
8/14/2008, 04:18 PM
My spelling has been hanging out with the Colonel.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/84/Harland_Sanders.jpg/150px-Harland_Sanders.jpg

It's Kernel...duh. ;)

OUstud
8/15/2008, 01:47 AM
...and how can any Sooner fan root for the whorns against anyone?

If the whorns were playing the Central Kansas Child Molesters, I'd root for the pervs. :D

Well, it's like that South Park episode, choosing between a Giant ****** and a Turd Sandwich...but little uppity programs like FAU, especially when being run by the likes of Schnelly, need to be trounced. But if Texas lost it would still be funny as hell. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/15/2008, 02:19 AM
I only like tx to beat 2 teams, orange aggy and domer, except for a rare and special occasion like stopping a long (suc) win streak.

Jacie
8/15/2008, 06:27 AM
Three times last year, whorn opponents were onside kicking at the end of a game to get one more possession that would either tie or win. I think they are in for a wild ride on this one.

Fraggle145
8/15/2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/08/14/0814faufoot.html

Heh. he's changing his tune...

FAU football coach denies Texas 'toughness' comment

By MARCUS NELSON

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Thursday, August 14, 2008

BOCA RATON — Florida Atlantic coach Howard Schnellenberger is disputing recent comments attributed to him about the toughness of the Texas football team that attracted national attention on Thursday.

Schnellenberger was quoted by the University Press, the FAU school newspaper, that Texas "has great talent, but they aren't tough, they aren't a physically tough team." The comments were posted on ESPN.com and included on ESPN's College Football Live.

When asked about the comments after practice Thursday, however, Schnellenberger denied making that comment to the student paper.

"That wasn't my comment," Schnellenberger said. "What I said was they have a very talented football team and they are the most talented team in the state of Texas. We can't match them up with talent, but we can sure as hell try to out-hit them and win the game on turnovers and that sort of thing."

When asked if he said Texas wasn't a "tough team," Schnellenberger replied: "I don't remember questioning their toughness, I was actually assessing their talent."

University Press sports editor Jay Warman, who originally posted Schnellenberger's quote on his blog Sunday, said the quotes are accurate.

While Schnellenberger's comments were a topic of discussion on Texas internet message boards, FAU players weren't aware of them.

"I've been asleep, honestly," said FAU tight end Rob Housler, who is a Texas native. "I haven't heard anything in the lockerroom about that either."

Animal Mother
8/15/2008, 02:41 PM
Does Schittforbrainsburger have 12 Playboy caliber looking daughters that are nymphos? I am still trying to figure out why we ever hired that miscreant.

Flagstaffsooner
8/15/2008, 02:47 PM
Bet it looks like this...
http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Rye/Jim%20Beam%20Rye.JPG

RedstickSooner
8/15/2008, 03:24 PM
I have to say, reading news articles where "smellsofbourbon" has been replaced by "that old drunk" never ceases to make me giggle.